Fairy Tales Don't Exist (PG13...

By StarSophie

Lexi was once young, innocent, and perfect. She had the picture-perfect life and family to fit in with it all... More

Fairy Tales Don't Exist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6 : Drake POV
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 : Jax POV
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 : Multiple POV
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT****

Chapter 5

536 8 0
By StarSophie

Chapter 5:

Mom took me to enroll in school and surprisingly she didn’t embarrass me, Ronny came with me. We’ve been hanging out every single day since the bar. I met her girlfriend Chloe, as well as their other two friends Rachel and Mark. Turns out Rachel and Mark are dating as well, I wonder if Jax is dating anyone, gosh, why am I even thinking about him in that way? Jax has also been hanging out with us, it’s crazy, he has this whole other, childish side to him – it’s actually refreshing.

At the bar , he was so serious and uptight, but lately when he’s around me , it’s like Ronny , myself and Jax have been buddies forever . Ron asked me the other day if I had feelings for Jax, I told her that the only feelings I had for him where friendly ones, yeah that was a lie, but seriously I’m getting along with him so well, if we date and the hole virginity ordeal comes up, I don’t want him to dump my ass and skip to the next girl who’s willing to give him some action. I Don’t want to lose what the three of us have , I can be myself around them and I’m not jeopardizing all of this because I’m crushing on my friend.

I hardly see mom ,she’s always at work or at Amber's house , apparently she’s got a new boyfriend, I heard her on the phone to someone , the conversation consisted of “ah baby miss you to “ and “baby this and baby that “ with a whole lotta fake giggling , who the fuck finds that hot? Kill me now.

Getting ready for my first day of school, I choose some denim shorts with a red and black flannel top with a white vest underneath. Hopefully my favorite ankle boots give me luck to get this day over with. I put some makeup on and braid my hair to the side messily. So nervous for today, thankfully Ronny and Jax are picking me up for school.

I hear a cars horn, and I rush outside. I see Jax standing by the door of his black Mustang Shelby GT500, “wow, nice car!” I say as he gives me a big bear hug and my feet lift off the floor. “Yeah this is my baby... she’s almost as gorgeous as I am.” he winks as he lets me down. I laugh and smack his chest as I get in the car, “Calm yourself mister, let’s not get ahead of ourselves now.” “Yeah yeah ,” he says as he sits down and starts the car , laughing.

“Ronny is going to meet us there, she got a lift with Chloe, “he says as we leave the trailer park.

“okie dokes,” I say putting the music louder , “oh my gosh ! I love this song!" Awolnation starts playing “sail” on the radio. We start singing together, using our hands dramatically as mikes, “you make me laugh so hard,“ I say wiping the tears outta my eyes.

“Hey, you started it! And I just couldn’t resist,” he laughs.

Walking into the school, the nerves start to get the best of me, “man I’m nervous.” I mumble, obviously a little too loud because Jax puts his arm over my shoulder and whispers in my ear.

“Lexi don’t be nervous , I’m going to be right here with you all day and if anyone bugs you, call me and i'll sort them out, just don’t stress babe.” He says and his warm breath on my ear with his closeness gives me Goosebumps down my neck .

 “Thanks,” I say rubbing his arm. Don’t get me wrong I love his playful and childish side , but that dominant , possessive and authoritative side , gets me excited in ways that I’ve never felt before. Clearly Jax is the “ring leader” around here, even with our small group of friends – whatever Jax says goes. They don’t even argue with him. It’s very strange .Looks like it’s the same with the people here at school; everyone wants to be on his good side.

I spot Ronny and Chloe, down the hallway, they call me over and I look over to see where Jax is , he’s surrounded by girls in cheer-leading outfits and his arm is around one of them, she has bleach blond hair , boobs that are popping out of her top, yeah those aren’t real and this tiny skirt , you can almost see her ass cheeks. Feeling a little self-conscious because Barbie under Jax’s arm clearly has a good body, I look over at my class schedule and start making my way over to Ronny.

Looking at my schedule, I bump into someone and drop my schedule on the floor, “shit man … sorry ... I really need to start looking where I’m going,” looking up to whoever I walked into. Damn, does this town only breed good looking people or what? I’m kind of awestruck , I thought Jax was perfect , this guy standing in front of me is gorgeous , of course I can’t compare the two. Mr handsome here , has that boy next door thing going on , he has  dimples, with dark blond hair cut short on the sides and a little bit long on the top , and those hazel eyes... they’re amazing...so familiar .

I realize I’m staring and he chuckles, oh god, even his laugh is perfect -what? What the fuck is wrong with me ?! shaking off this weird feeling , I can feel myself blushing. I look so see my paper on the floor and as soon as I bend down to pick it up so does he. We bump heads and we end up tripping over each other in the middle of the passage , I don’t know what’s wrong with me but I just burst out laughing. He soon joins in and hands me my paper, “thanks, sorry about bumping into you…TWICE, I’m just a walking disaster,” I say through laughs. He laughs along with me. I feel an arm on my shoulder, looking to my side I see Jax.

“Lexi, I see you bumped into my boy, Drake,” Jax says nodding in Drakes direction playfully punching Drake in the arm.

“Yip,” I say, still laughing, “I certainly bumped into him,” Drake bursts out laughing with me. Jax shakes his head not getting our little inside joke.

“So this is Lexi? Jax here has been telling me about you, I’ve been waiting to meet you but Ronny and this tool have been hogging you all to themselves. I’m Drake, it’s good to FINALLY meet you. “He says emphasising the finally part, still staring at me with those mesmerizing eyes.

The bell rings and I walk between the boys to my first class, we are all in the same class for the first few lessons, and the last few are all mixed up. One I have Jax in and not Drake and the other I have Drake and not Jax the last one we are all together except Rachel's boyfriend Mark and Chloe, but in all my classes there’s always one or the other, if not both Jax or Drake.

When lunch time comes, Ronny, Rachel and Chloe fill me in about Drake, not sure why he interests me so much. They tell me that Jax and Drake are best friends, they have been friends since babies and since their parents are best friends too it seems fitting that they are.

Throughout the day I can feel Drake looking at me, you know you get that feeling when you know someone is watching  you or passing glances your way. Yeah it should be creepy, but I can’t help but wonder what he finds so interesting about me that he needs to look at me the way he does, as if he’s trying to figure me out. It gives me an uneasy feeling; I haven’t had someone pay so much attention to me in so long.

After last lesson we head to our cars, I hear what sounds like a growl to my left, it definitely came from Rachel. I take a quick glance at what she’s looking at. She’s glaring at this girl who has her hand on Mark's chest down by his car, her eyes go all dark, the same way Jax’s was when he was looking at Greg at the bar. I’m kind of scared , so I take a step back , I bump into a hard chest.

“Rachel not here! “ Jax’s voice roars from behind me, he looks at her then gives her a pointed look as he looks down at me, clearly I’m missing something.

“But she’s got her hands on my ma…” Rachel cries back but gets interrupted by Jax again.

“I said not now! What don’t you understand? Go home we’ll talk about his later!” I don’t even recognise Jax, I’ve never seen him this mad. I’m kind of shaking in my boots, literally. I whisper in Chloe’s ear asking her for a lift home because I’m too scared to drive home alone with Jax . She laughs at me but Drake interrupts and offers me a lift home. Jax and Drake whisper something to each other, then Drake comes up to me and takes my bag off my  shoulder and puts it on his  ,we walk to his car, of course he has the exact same car as Jax, just red.

The drive is pretty quiet apart from the radio playing, it’s not an awkward silence it’s more like a comfortable one.

I notice we aren’t driving back toward the trailer park, “where are we going?” I ask Drake. He gives me those dimples and smiles at me. “well if it’s okay with you, I was going to take you for an ice-cream by the beach, it’s okay if you don’t want to, I just thought I could spend some time with you because I haven’t really had a chance to get to know you and everyone else has gotten along with you and gotten to spend time with you. “He says and I can see he’s blushing as he rambles on. It makes me smile.

“Aww Drake are you feeling left out?” I say as I rub the side of his arm, “don’t blush,” I giggle, “let’s go have ice-cream them, I’m keen.” He chuckles and shakes his head, “okay good! Coz yes I was feeling left out, but you gave in so easily I didn’t even get to use my puppy dog eyes, dammit!” We both start laughing at his exaggeration.

We get our ice creams and go down to the beach , sitting on a small bench next to each other I can feel Drakes warm body, his shoulder and one leg touches the side of mine as we sit there.

Drakes breaks the silent , “you know you don’t have to be afraid of Jax , he wouldn’t ever hurt you,” I gulp down the ice cream I was swallowing , not prepared for this conversation I blurt out.

“Well it wasn’t me I was afraid of him hurting.” He laughs at this and rubs the bridge of his nose.

“nah , I’m just kidding , I was just surprised that’s all coz I’ve never seen him like that before , but I mean Rachel’s reaction was expected – I would of probably done more damage if I saw some slut with her hands on my boyfriend , “ I say laughing it off.

He gives me a weird look then he shows me that beautiful smile. Hmmm… that’s good to know… I mean I would definitely get all hulk on whoever put their hands near my …um… girlfriend.”

I look at him and start laughing; he has somehow gotten chocolate sauce on the side of his face.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that? Stop laughing…” he frowns faking seriousness.

“Keep still, “I say pulling the sleeve of my flannel long sleeve shirt over my fingers , I lean slightly into him and I can feel him go tense under my touch ,biting my lip trying to focus hard to not look into his eyes , even though I can see he’s looking at me intently , like I’m something special . I take a quick glance at him as I wipe the rest of the chocolate off his face, and I see that he’s looking at my lips. My breathe catches, I stop bighting my lip and he looks into my eyes. It’s so intense, I wanna kiss him so bad but what will he think of me? Meeting a girl the first day and she’s already jumping him? Yeah… don’t think that will go over too well. So I sit back, throw my empty container in the bin next to me and try start the conversation again.

“Hay , my mom’s working Friday night, so everyone’s coming over to my house to watch movies , you should come ….I mean …if aren’t busy or anything …and only if you want to… you don’t have to-“ I start rambling on in my nervous state , he cuts me and puts his hand over mine ,”hey stop that, of course I want to come , you wouldn’t want me to feel left out again now would you?” he raises his eyebrow and grins at me . He turns my hand over and laces his fingers with mine , I smile thinking of how innocent this is and yet it feels so intimate. I’m so comfortable with him and I know I said I wouldn’t get attached to anyone, but I just can’t seem to resist him anymore- and I don’t think I want to .

We spend the rest of the afternoon sitting chatting about each other’s interests and home life. I find out he has only one younger brother that’s four years old and Jax has been teaching him ugly words, I laugh at this thinking that’s exactly what I expect from Jax. I tell him all about my dad, I leave the part about my mom out though – that’s my dirty little secret.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 24 31
I will switch to other POV throughout the story. Non-traditional ABO, Alpha, Beta, Omega Dynamics. Trigger Warning Explicit smut in details through...
173K 3.5K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
636K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
523K 15.8K 60
"Please," I heard the boy say softly, interrupting my thoughts, but I didn't dare move closer to him. "Just let me explain." He pleaded me to stay wi...