TV, Your best friend<+ XXX Gi...

By roballen2

First part is some pretty smart, ramblings with truthful insights into being, "Amuse to Death". The second pa... More

Nasty weird Rambling on TV, +XXX "Gillian's Island"

564 2 0
By roballen2

“Television” (Roberto Dilemma)

    Now in my humble opinion, TV does for the mind what chewing gum does for conversation.

I don’t like it myself.

     This is a little article about some of the weirdest shit from television I’ve come to know about.

   “Sit-Coms” from the 1960’s. Now for you folks that have been watching TV so much you brain dead already… I’ll define, “Sit-Com”. It Stands for situation comedy. The funny things that occur in various instances or, “situations”.

 I’ll start with,

“Hogan’s Hero’s”=Now for you who’ve had the good fortune of never seeing this particular half hour show. This is a comedy set in a Nazi Death Camp.

    You may ask yourself, what the fuck could be funny about a Nazi Death Camp?

What variety of situations could occur to continue to sustain, week after week of a comedy about a Nazi Death Camp.

    Well the television writers of the 1960’s discovered quite a few. (or so they thought)

“Bewitched”= Here is a hard working advertising executive with a very beautiful (to the point of HOT)

Wife . She’s a witch. With the wiggle of her cute little nose she can make almost anything happen.

Here is the sick and twisted part. Does the husband want to quit his stinking job, with a prick boss? NO!

Does he want to go live in a beautiful place and be with his lovely wife? NO!

Does he want to benefit from any of the advantages of this “Power” his pretty wife has? NO!

    Not only that, he forbids her from using her power. Even to help herself with the mundane tasks of house work and cooking.

    His Mother-in-Law thinks he’s a stupid “Mortal”. I would have to agree.

Instead of the writers of this particular 60’s “sit-com” thinking of all the situations where if allowed to use her power, might be beautiful, exciting, far-out…I mean the possibilities are endless.

    This could be the description in the TV guide for every single episode=

“After viewing a mistaken use of Samantha’s powers, They are explained away, securing a new client for the add agency where Darren works”

I rate this=“Fucked up beyond belief”

“I Dream Of Genie”=Astronaut lands on Island. Finds genie in a bottle.

She likes him. He likes her. For a while they live together without intimacy of any kind.

(Eventually when rating started slipping, they got married…)

This Genie was played by an actress that any heterosexual man would find overwhelmingly

Irresistible.

    By folding her arms and nodding her head, he could have, do, be, go, etc., etc., anywhere, everything, etc..

Now this is going to sound a little familiar….

Here is the sick and twisted part. Does he want to quit his stinking job, with his prick boss? NO!

Does he want to go live in a beautiful place and be with his lovely Genie? NO!

Does he want to benefit from any of the advantages of this “Power” his pretty Genie (that like him and is attracted to him) has? NO!

Does he want to do every imaginable sex act a man and woman could get into. NO!

(the actress name is Barbra Eden, “Google” pictures of her in her prime, when she was doing this show,)

    Not only that, he forbids her from using her power. Even to help herself with the mundane tasks of house work and cooking.

    Like the above mentioned “Bewitched”, Her powers almost being discovered always benefit him. (Mostly at his job)

    A bit of trivia-The Genie bottle used in the show was a decorated, “Jim Beam” special Christmas Decanter Bottle.

     "Green Acres" A rich New York lawyer decides to live his dream life on a farm. Real smart man.

Gets conned into buying a dump. Has his beauty queen wife that's never done a days work, and can't cook to save her life. The carpenters working on the house are good for nothing ass holes. A man and a woman. A brother and sister team, both named Ralph? Inter-breeding?

     They have to climb the telephone pole to make, or get a call. He has a farm hand that thinks he's their son, or at least wants to pretend he is. A neighbor with a pig living as their child? How FUCKING stupid does it get? Oh don't even ask yourself that questiion. You'll get an answer that will take your mind to new lows.

    The wife's pancakes are so bad they use them to shingle the roof?

    The same man that conned them into buying this, "shit-shack" is forever returning to sell him more junk. "Mr. Haney" Sells all kinds of shit off the back of his truck. Pretends to know quite a bit about everything. The tractor used on the farm looks like one of the first tractor's ever made.

     Where's all the big shot's money? Why don't he just get a brand new, "John Deer"?

    The pure stupidity of the show is beyond words. Just hope you never have the chance to see it. I can honestly say it would be a total waste of that amount of time, "in your life". Most TV is, Now and then. It was shitty then, and I think as unbelievable as it might seem, even with hundreds of channels on cable, it's just gotten worse.

    "The Brady Bunch". Fuck...that's one of the worse shows ever aired. Now you got These three boys with their Dad. Robert Reid (The actor) was gay, he died of Aids. Teen age son and teenage daughter, not related at all by blood. They'd be fucking every chance they got. Their parents couldn't keep it from happening. The younger ones...it'd be all about "Peter and Jan" hiding out, playing, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours. Don't think I'm perverted, I know people, it would bound to happen.

   The real script would be more like    "Hey Jan believe me, you haven't got the same mother or father I have"..."Greg and Marsha fuck like rabbits every chance they get!" They would  probably be having orgies before long.

     Redundant, reruns, of repetitious network rejected, totally idiotic, psychotic, angles of view on the neurotic misadventures of nameless and better forgotten characters, who's stereotype was then applied toward a generation, and accepted as an acceptable mode of a personality trait.

     Running  through a generation of couch potatoes, waiting for handouts and windfalls. Quicksilver and fools gold, fairy tales and lullaby's. This was suppose to prepare them for climbing up "the infinite ladder of "so called" success that was directly portioned to the agreeing to a need of back-stabbing and sleazy greed.

....and these were the show meant for "white" people. The shows for blacks at the time were worse and made to have them accept the fact they were black, poor, and down. "The Jefferson's" the song says it all. "Moving' on up, to the East side,  We finally got a piece of the pie". Now that the God-damn pie is moldy and rotten, give them a piece.

    MTV, which now has very little, or nothing to do with music,(kind of like Arts & Entertainment  is not either) "The 80's", made a bunch of camera friendly talentless performers all get their 15 minutes of fame as mostly "One Hit Wonders".

The very worst decade for music, at least while I was alive. Take "Springsteen" for instance.

"Born in the U.S.A". is his worst "album" (yes I'm Old School enough to still call them albums) But it was his most popular? What the fuck does that tell you about, "The Sheeple's" taste in music, or video, or ART, for that matter?

     What did all this pure shit lead too? Reality TV. Since writers can't  write to save their fucking life's. "Fuck 'Em". Don't need them. Lets just show what effect TV had on generations of asshole sheeple.

     Just seeing, "The Real(?) Housewife's of New York, or Atlanta" commercials explains the big GAY population in these cities. You would have to cut my eye lids off, drug me, and chain me to a chair to actually get me to sit through an episode.

     ...and all this is just the tip of the iceberg. Ninety percent is under water. I haven't the weirdness to even start with the government controlled News Media.

     So bottom line, now people, adults and kids alike, go from one fucked up screen to another. If they aren't watching dumb ass TV their creating a fake world, and personality on the computer. All dope to keep the sheeple REAL stupid, without a clue to who they really are and what's going on in the world that they haven't a clue what it's all about! They are not who they think they are, their world is NOT what they think it is.

     Now I see the sheeple are greatly entertained by other peoples fake misery. How many god-damn types of, "Law and Order" shows are there? Doctor shows? TV sure makes being a coroner look glamorous. Women cutting up corpses in designer clothes? How the hell was crime EVER solved without these ladies??

" Razoli and Isles ,Bones", and in the day there was Dr.Scully from the" X-Files"[ no fancy dresses]  but she sure love to chop up a body or two.

    T.V. Chapter 2

    Now I just took you through the simple version of how television got to be so bad. How bad writers, repeating, bad storylines created reality T.V..

     Generations of gluttons pouring putrid garbage into their minds. Then applying the stereotypes of these nameless and better forgotten  characters towards themselves. They accept this in themselves and others . This actually become the definition of, “Normal”.  SAD BUT TRUE… How many times have you heard people described as, “kind of reminds me of this person on T.V.”.. (or  any form of media)

    This is why these, “Pimple of the week” freaks get camera’s stuck in their faces and all around them.

In too many instances their 15 minutes of fame leads to a never ending career. Till your looking at some person in the media and your thinking to your self, “What the hell did they ever do?”

    “How was it they got started?”

    “What brought them into the focus of the media?”

     You’ll find the answer to this question is too often, they were bigger assholes then the next person. More blatant whores/sluts. Ready to do whatever it takes. This amuses people.  Makes them feel good about themselves. Like, “I might be an asshole, but I don’t come close to being as freaky as this media celebrity”. So…the bar is pushed father. Now all are allowed to be as big a jerk as this butt hole, and hell push on past that and perhaps someone will put you in the media.

   FUCK, Put yourself in the media.

    Internet, cell phones, PDA’s,  hundreds and hundreds of cable channels all serving up amusing shit, DVD’s , Netflicks, call waiting, caller ID, blogs, Flat screens, 3D, red ray, blue ray, They’ll make that fuckin’ laser every color of the rainbow. ($$$$$$$$$$$)

    What these devices of addiction are doing are taking away new generations time to reflect and think.

    It may be much easier to do your homework on a computer. Look up, “Whatever” on one of many “Search Engines. What is this doing to peoples problem solving skills?

    How many times have you been in a bank, store, Etc. They look at you while your trying to make a transaction of some type and say; “I’m sorry the computers are down, I can’t do anything right now”.

    I know this has happen to many of you. You buy something. Your paying cash. The amount comes up to $17.30. You hand the cashier $20.30 (so you get an even $3.00 back) This blows their mind.

They’re like???? What are you trying to confuse me? Hold on I’ll call for the manger????

What do you, “the reader” think of these type of circumstances?

    Religion now married to “POP” culture. Education, politics, journalism, is it all entertaining enough for YOU.

    ARE YOU AMUSED YET?

    It doesn’t matter anymore what form or format that we’re being entertain by. The quality of what ever is on the device that entertains doesn’t matter. What matters is, “Amusement”.

     Pop up bullshit in the corner of the TV and on the computer. Shit scrolling across. The newsman tells you cheerfully about a woman driver that got machined gunned from her seat. Then declares his network coverage can’t be beat. This segues into a commercial about some drug, for restless leg syndrome, or a male enhancement drug, perhaps…hold on…are you depressed; the pills your taking are not quite doing the trick…oh you need this also. Now all the “Sheeple” are thinking…”I got that, I need that”!

While the man on the drug commercial is talking a hundred words a minute about how this drug can cause your internal organ to turn into beef jerky, your asshole to leak a little, your bones might turn into cheese, etc., etc..

Random?

Disparate in value/scale…fuck lets tell it like it is….fuckin’ PSYCHOTIC!

     I am not tying to amuse you, I’d like to believe, perhaps you are inspired to Think & Feel.

I’m surly not making any money for trying to point these things out to you. I am unknown to you, and will remain so.

In the next chapter I will tell you where I think all this, “Amusement” is leading.

Continue Reading