Silent

By HiddenKnight

Whisper Woods. Yes, that's a name. Whispers life is a little bit different from what you would expect. She is... More

Prologue
Chapter 1- Purple Eyes
Chapter 2- Notebook
Chapter 3- Leather Jacket
Chapter 4- Family
Chapter 5- School
Chapter 6- Cold
Chapter 7- Laugh
Chapter 9- Don't Judge
Chapter 10 - Perfect?
Chapter 11- The None Judge Rule
Chapter 12- Nickname
Chapter 13- Shock
Chapter 14- Help
Chapter 15- Crush
Chapter 16- Maths
Chapter 16- Akawrd

Chapter 8- Car Ride

16.7K 567 123
By HiddenKnight

I walked out of the school gate when last period ended finally. I walked out only to be met by something that really I should be used to.

Rain.

It rains so much that I even made up a song.
Rain rain and again, it's another English day!

Yep, don't ask.

But the thing that shocked me was that, yes it rained, but the sun was up and shining brightly. I know it isn't something really special but in England, it is.

I don't really like it. Yes, there may be sometimes a rainbow at the end but when it rains and it's sunny, it doesn't look right. The sun seems to be too bright and the rain too harsh. Even after it stops raining it feels weird when it's bright and sunny yet everything is sad and wet. It feels wrong to walk because you feel the sun beating down yet you feel the moist air left after the rain.

I don't like it. I may not judge people by looks but I judge weather.

A shiver ranked through my body and suddenly, as if waking up, I realised that all that time I was standing in the cruel rain, drenched from head to toe.

"Get in!" A voice called. Through the haze of sunshine and rain I could make out a black pick up truck, it's window opened showing a set of gorgeous lilac eyes.

I was too stunned to move.

I don't get it, I thought why is Maddox helping me again?

I stood, staring. Millions of thoughts ran through my mind like a hurricane while the rain poured more harshly.

"Whisper I won't repeat again, get in the car!" Yet, still, I only stood silently feeling my clothes get glued to my shivering body.

"If you won't get in the f*cking car I will personally drag you in over my shoulder! Do you really want that?" Maddox called out over the rain and I could direct a little pinch of assument on his voice.

Yeah because a soaking wet girl refusing to acknowledge that someone is just helping her is funny.

Finally, my mind seemed to take control over my shock and body again, and I quickly opened that trucks door and jumped in, effectively wetting the leather seat.

Instantly, I felt the warmth of the car radiator surround me and I couldn't be more happier.

I looked towards Maddox to see him already looking at me.

"See, that wasn't so hard was it?"

Smiling sheepishly my cheeks turned red,"S-shut up"

I looked down at my lap and saw that the seat was also wet. Looking back up at Maddox- who was already backing away from the school parking lot.

"Em...Maddox?" When he hummed in replie I continued,"I-I'm sorry for wetting your car- No! Not in that way! I-I mean in like I was wet f-from the rain and then I sat down and and and......Oh you know what I mean! I'm- I'm just sorry....yeah" My whole face resembled a tomato and my body burned in embarrassment while Maddox's laugh boomed loudly through the car.

"It's ok, don't worry. It's not real leather." Maddox smirked playfully, "Oh and Whisper don't be ashamed it's alright to say you wet yourself"

My mouth opened in shock and I smacked Maddox arm, a permanent blush on my face.

"Aw! Don't hit the driver!"

I only smiled and shook my head while getting a proper look at him. His dark hair was a little bit wet from the rain and some strands stuck to his forehead. It was still raining and the sun was out shining brightly through the window creating Maddox's skin to looked golden and a halo - like shape to from around his head.

"-ress?"

"Huh? Sorry, what did you say?"

Maddox crokered smile seemed to take my breath away, "I asked if you could give me your address so that I don't have to drive in a circle."

It's then I noticed that we actually were driving in circles. Blushing I apologised and gave Maddox my address.

We drove in comfortable silence, I didn't mind,I was used to it. The only sound was the pitter-patter of the rain against the windows and the radio playing quietly in the background.

Soon enough we were in front of my two story red brick house. Maddox stopped just outside the house and turned to me.

I blushed under his gaze (I seem to be doing that a lot), "Thanks for the car ride"

Maddox smirked and his eyes lit up with hidden laughter, "Welcome, we wouldn't want the rain to wet you, would we?"

My mouth dropped open,he won't ever leave that,will he?

"You*hit* little*hit*ogre*hit hit hit*" I hit Maddox as hard as I can on his arm but let be ture with ourselves- my arm are like gummy bears so my hits probably wasn't even that hard.

In return Maddox threw his head back and laughed so hard that there were tears in the corners of his eyes.

"Did-di-did you say 'little orge'?Oh my God, Whisper you are too cute!" When finally he caught his breath he pinched my cheeks.

Huffing, I crossed my arms childishly and puffed my cheeks out,"Shut up, I wanted to be nice and invite you inside buuuuuttttt your a meanie so nope"

Chuckling, Maddox opened the car doors already knowing I was joking.

Closing the car door I jogged over to where Maddox stood, leaning against the door frame. I grapped my keys out of my bag and opened the door, instently we heard barking as Rex came shooting down from the stairs.

"Hey Rex! Good boy, good good!" I cooed him, "Where's mum? Huh?" Eventhough Rex is only a dog I feel as though he can answer me, which he won't but I can dream!

Rex then ran off to God knows where and I turned to Maddox who, for a momment, I forgot stood behind me.

He had a assumed smirk on his face which seems to be stuck on his face whenever he's near me.

"You do know that, that dog dosen't understand you, right?" he teased.

I opened my mouth to respond but got cut off by Rex coming back with what looked like a note from my mum in his mouth. I gently took the note being careful not to rip it.

I then turned to Maddox with a smung smile, "Dosen't understand, huh?"

In response Maddox's smile just widen. I look at the note which held my mum's neat and tidy handwriting.

Hey honey, need to stay longer in work, the dinner is in the fridge also your dad will come a little bit later.

Love you,mum

I then looked at the doodle that graced the corner of the paper. It was some kind of flower.

"Well, at least we know where your doddle habit comes from." I jumped a little at the sound of Maddox's voice.

"Yeah....and don't creep up on me like that!"

Maddox laughed and then his purple eyes shifted to look around the corridor/ room.

"Your house is nice, it's cosy-" Rex barked,"and you've got a very smart dog too." Maddox -you know what it's a handful let just say Dox- petted Rex as I realised that Rex warmed up to him really quickly considering that Rex is a very judgemental and over proctetive dog, hance being a hearing dog.

"Thanks Dox, he seemed to warm up to you."

"Dox?" He raised his eyebrows looking down at me, "Where did that come from?"

I blushed under his gaze and mumbled or more like ranted, "Well, 'Maddox' is just a mouthful an - and I thought that I will just short it b-but sorry if you don't like it I know many people don't like getting nicknames and that is totally okay like I-I know I don't like some of the nicknames people give me, yeah so it's just a......mouthful?" I baballed in one breath while my tone was getting more like asking a question near the end.

"Whisper, it's okay. I like the nickname but now I need to give you one too." Dox held my forearm lightly to shush me.

"You can just call me Wiz like everyone." But Dox shook his head.

"I can't." Was his simple replie.

I furrowed my eyebrows together, "Why? What is wrong with it?"

Dox shook his head lightly and looked at my blueish - green eyes, "Nothing is wrong with that but everyone calls you Wiz, I want to call you something differently."

I was about to answer but the front door ratalled and opened, reavling the tall figure of my dad. Rex instently walked to greet him while I took a step back from Dox.

My dad looked up and smiled at me, then his head snapped towards Dox. His smile never faltered but something shone in his eyes.

He came towrds me and kissed my forehead and then smiling widely at Dox and gaving him a nod.

Something was wrong.

Normally, my dad would've already call me some silly name and ask about my day or something along those lines, but this time he was silent only smiling widely showing his teeth.

What's wrong? I wanted to ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ello!

I have a question and I need your opinion, should I keep Whisper calling Maddox 'Dox' or just leave it to his name. Also, what nickname should he have for Whisper- if you think there should be one. Comment if you have a suggestion but please not anything too clique. Thanks 😁😃😊

Vote
Comment
Follow
And give me a ride home 'cause I hate my school bus😆

-HiddenKnight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2M 323K 54
•••Completed••• ••He pushes me against a wall, like yesterday, but this time he starts trailing small kisses along my collar bone and up my neck befo...
28.2K 959 39
Preview: I looked up, and smiled at Cole. I knew what has happened to me. I just didn't want to show too much of it. Ever since I started to know him...
3.7M 108K 29
Maisie's deaf, she understands what everyone is saying to her by reading their lips. But, high school wasn't easy for her. Been the new girl is alway...
4.8K 79 30
I gasped startled, my heart jumping. I felt two arms snaking around my waist from behind, tingles and electricity erupted from my waist. Mate? Oh no...