In Time {An Assassin's Creed...

By FeedMeFryes

You are a happy go lucky, creative young girl who finds herself shipped off to London by her parents to stay... More

Chapter 1 - Ladylike
Chapter 2 - Welcome To London
Chapter 3 - An Induction, Of Sorts
Chapter 4 - A Taste of London
Chapter 5 - Undeniable
Chapter 6 - To Be Or Not To Be?
Chapter 7 - Bait
Chapter 8 - The Enemy's Puppet
Chapter 9 - Pretty When You Cry
Chapter 10 - Let Me Love You
Chapter 11 - 'Jacob Frye, You Are A Burden.'
Chapter 12 - Jealous?
Chapter 13 - Pride
Chapter 14 - Only One
Chapter 15 - Queen of The Rooks
Chapter 16 -The Blackest Day
Chapter 17 - Obligation
Chapter 18 - Your Blessing, Sir?
Chapter 20 - Old Money
SEQUEL IS NOW UP

Chapter 19 - I Believe in Divinty

4K 174 129
By FeedMeFryes

A/N:Sorry about the lack of updates- so sad I'm coming to the end of this story! Here we go, the step before we enter our final chapter together everyone!

------

Sun, warm and welcoming, cast over the sheets and hugged your body, making you stir from slumber with a smile.

Opening your (eye colour) eyes, you were expecting to see Jacob sleeping next to you- but instead you were gutted to see empty sheets.

However, as you propped yourself up on your elbows you noted a small letter resting on the bedside cabinet. Slowly, your hand crept across to the pine furnishing as you picked up the paper, your eyes scanning the slightly off key- scruffy yet charming writing- very much reflective of its owner.

My dearest (name),

I didn't leave you for any bad reasons, I would've loved to stay the entire night sleeping by your side. However at approximately midnight I woke and remembered I hadn't told Evie where I was- and that I had also gone to sleep in my clothes.

So to save hassle I got up and headed for the train- I didn't want to have to face the onslaught of my sisters rage!

I'll be back for you tomorrow in the morning my love, I hope you're ready for a brilliant day

Yours eternally,

Jacob x

Beaming like a fool, you smiled over his sweet words, blushing considerably as you gathered up the sheets and pulled them to your chest slightly.

A series of sharp knockings on the door made you jump, and your hands quickly scrambled to shove the letter under your pillow.

"Come in." You called out, watching as the door opened to reveal Georgie, her breakfast tray rather full as opposed to normal. Her eyes cast about the room in confusion, before meeting again with your rather dishevelled appearance.

"Hm, I was expecting Mr Frye to still be in our company." She commented, her brow flickering up and you could tell by her sharp tone just exactly how she felt.

As Georgie passed you your usually crumpet and tea, you found yourself frowning slightly. Up until that moment Georgie had been nothing but pleasant, but it seemed she clearly didn't take too kindly to your relationship with Jacob.

"Bedded you and cleared off into the morning sun?" She commented rather brashly, and you audibly gasped at her audacity. Your (eye colour) eyes remained fixed as you saw her immediately look down in shame of not being able to hold her tongue.

"Georgie what's gotten into you?" You asked hotly, scowling slightly.

"Miss, I'm simply worried about you." She started, daring to lift her sheepish glance, "it is clear you love Mr Frye and all but... I can't help but fear he brings you too much trouble." She finished, lowering her gaze once again.

Considering her words you looked away for a moment- she didn't know the half of the awkward situations your love for Jacob had gotten you into. But that was the beauty of it, you had grown not to care- each instance made the pair of you stronger.

"Rightly so you are worried- but don't fret- I'm fine." You answered rather bluntly, setting your plate aside as you rose from the bed in your night gown.

"That will be all, Georgie." Were the words that fell in an orderly fashion from your soft lips, watching as she bobbed a quick curtsy, as you watched her leave- alone once again and in peace to prepare yourself for the exciting day you had ahead of you.

----

Time was of the essence as you picked a smart, but comfortably and not overtly showy soft lilac dress, fashioning your hair into a half up half down fashion accompanied with a small white ribbon.

Once you were mostly sorted, you stopped a moment to look yourself in the mirror. A small smile swept your face as you thought- you couldn't be happier- you had everything you could've ever wanted-

"Miss Bell-" came Georgie's voice as you heard the front door opening downstairs, and it took no more than a second and you had darted through your bedroom door and down the stairs, your heart racing madly and filling with joy when it was confirmed to you that it was indeed Jacob stood in the doorway.

"Good morning-" he went to say, stopped when you threw yourself against him, wrapping your arms around his neck, fingertips grazing the soft leather of his assassin wear.

Jacob laughed softly at your actions as Georgie moved from the door.

"Happy to see me?" He grinned, as you drew back with a child like smile of awe.

"More than happy. I was so upset when I woke up this morning and you weren't beside me." You added with a mock sulking expression, soon fading when he made you smile again with that awfully charming and adorable puppy eyed look.

"Well, if it's all the same to you- I think I owe you a date out now." Jacob chuckled with a wink, offering out his arm as you happily accepted, leaning your head against his shoulder as the pair of you walked down the path.

"About leaving last night..."

"I read your letter." You responded, "no need to worry- I understand."

Jacob offered you a simply happy look, something filled with mad adoration that had somehow been packaged into one earthly containable glance.

It was those types of looks that set your heart racing and the flame kindling in your heart. Walking onwards, the pair of you made small talk now and again before falling into each other's comfortable and loving silences, where you'd mostly end up staring at each other like love struck fools.

Trailing your (eye colour) eyes up, you'd managed to catch Jacob off guard as he escorted you along the fairly quiet London streets. Your heart struck with an adoring pang at the handsomeness that plagued his face, almost to the sickening point where it made you question how much more you could love him. His beautiful hazel eyes, shapely jaw and curved, cocky smile always sent you into a daze- and this time was no exception as your lover caught you off guard.

"Admiring the view?" He jested, his little chuckle ringing out as you nodded in agreement.

"Of course- what else?" You answered with a little playful smile, nudging against him playfully as you continued on to your destination- wherever it was going to be- (hair colour) hair blowing softly in the breeze as the lilac skirts of your dress billowed softly with each step.

The further you walked the closer you became to the life the city was known for, and the number of people and carriages roaming the streets increased considerably around every corner- and you knew you were heading into the centre of the city.

"I thought since you haven't seen all to much of London yet..." Jacob chuckled uneasily, figuring you were beginning to work out what he had planned. Your (eye colour) eyes shifted up quickly to his hazel orbs, offering him a delighted and flattered smile.

"It's a perfectly amazing idea." Came the words out of your mouth, still not quite matching the feelings of immense appreciation you felt for his kind consideration.

Most people would perhaps feel drowned in the bustle of the crowds, the yells of the traders and the impatient grumbles of the carriage drivers- but not you. It was a taste of the life you had not yet properly experienced- and on Jacob's arm, it all felt so much better.

Soon enough, under a bright morning sun and crisp blue skies, the pair of you arrived at St Pauls Cathedral, strolling passively across the plaza out front, the pigeons pecking at the scrap food about flew away upon your approach, and up towards the cloudless skies above you.

"This is perfect," you commented, squeezing Jacob's arm slightly with a smile, "imagine the view from the top." You commented, squinting softly into the sun's light as you heard Jacob laugh from beside you.

"I'd take you up there and show you but no doubt we'd have an accident." He commented smartly, capturing your stare for what felt like the millionth time that day - and it was just as magical.

In that moment stood so intimately together in the busy plaza you decided you didn't want anything to change ever- and you wouldn't let anything change what you had. You belonged in London, belonged with Jacob. As far as you were concerned, the city was your home now.

Pressing on together through the plaza, parting pigeons like the Red Sea as you went, it wasn't long before you were both grounded in your tracks by someone selling posies.

"Ah Sir, is this your fair sweetheart?" He questioned with a smile, as Jacob reciprocated a coy smirk.

"It might be," he started, before his eyes drifted over your features momentarily, "although might I be as brash to say she is more than just fair."

His words made you blush furiously, your smile unchangeable as your (eye colour) eyes shot to the stone beneath your feet for a short while.

"Perhaps you should like to gift your sweetheart with a few posies today?" The seller tried, and you managed to subdue your blushing to bring yourself to look up again.

Jacob gazed unto you, his brows raised slightly, as he looked over you in a searching manner, before he smiled.

"I should think that will be fine." He smiled, his eyes still firmly fixed on yours in a loving manner, and soon enough the seller handed over a few posies with a kind smile.

"No charge, my special treat for the beautiful young lady." He commented with a bow, and you curtsied in return with a few thanks, and again the pair of you went on your way.

"Here you are." Jacob called, stopping by the fountains to press the small bunch into your hand, a fond look on his face. Carefully, he pulled a soft dusty pink posy from the bunch and tenderly tucked it behind your ear, securing if with your hair. Beaming, you leaned your head into the palm of his hand, warmed by the feeling of his caressing touch trailing slowly along your cheek.

"Two spare - one for your journal-" he started, as you pulled out a sky blue flower, and reached to the inside of his jacket, finding the inside pocket as he looked at you intently.

"One for you, for being such the gentleman." You replied, the flower sitting firmly on the inside pocket of his leather coat. Jacob peeled back the material to look inside, seeing the flower protruding prettily out of the pocket, and in that moment all it reminded him of was you.

"Thank you," he started, taking your hand tenderly, "I'll treasure it forever."

Bravely and without much thought for the opinions of everyone else around you, you leaned up onto the balls of your feet and your lips found his, softly and carefully you inked your affections into each slow working of your lips, your heart almost fluttering when you felt Jacob's fingertips lovingly trace the skin of your neck and up to your jawline, reciprocating the tenderness of your kiss.

Eventually you broke apart, staring with a dumbfounded adoration at each other.

"I have another surprise in store for us." Jacob called, entwining his fingers with yours once you joined hands.

"I cannot wait..." You replied, your eyes boring into his with an excited glint, the smile curving your lips into an arched bow.

----

All the way to your next mystery destination, you tried to get a word out of Jacob, but each time he only responded with a coy smile and a shake of his head.

"I'm not telling you-" he exclaimed, gazing upon to your eagerness with a grin of the cheeky type, knowing he was in control.

Jacob didn't get long to play out his game of making you impatient, because soon enough you had arrived to your destination clearly. Feet grounded and eyes cast up- Kings Cross station.

"I was thinking we could go to the top again." Jacob implemented, watching as you looked around with a sentimental smile. He was taking you back here, the first place you had really been together- the start of your relationship. Quickly, your (eye colour) eyes filled up with glassy tears.

"(Name)," Jacob cooed, seeing you had started to cry, "was this a bad idea?" He asked with a sheepish laugh, and you rapidly shook your head to correct him.

Why in the world would he think that such a cute and adorable idea was in the slightest upsetting?

"No Jacob it's a wonderful idea, you're so incredibly thoughtful." You said, throwing your arms around him and holding onto him tight, smiling widely when you felt him enveloping you up to.

"Just stay like this." He murmured, as you beamed against his chest.

"Why?" You asked softly, your voice gentle and barely audible before your eyes shot open upon hearing the unmistakable sound of the grapple hook attaching itself onto the metal roof.

You barely had a chance to draw breath, let alone protest as you clung to Jacob, the air rushing around you quickly, the stomach wrenching feeling of being ungrounded lasting seemingly eternity.

"Done." Jacob laughed, looking half apologetic as you pulled away from him, pretending to scowl.

"I hate that so much, words cannot describe." You replied, turning to face the skyline in front of your (eye colour) eyes, the midday sun glimmering in the clear, yet cold skies. Clouds breezed by on the blue canvas like boats upon a crystal clear lake, birds twittering all around despite the drowning sounds of working, clammering London.

"Just as beautiful as the last time." You exclaimed, drawing in a deep breath, closing your eyes as you felt the air skim you, your senses filled with a sense of belonging and a feeling of being loved.

Slowly, Jacob approached and stood beside you near the edge, his hand finding yours, warm fingers entwining with your own.

"As are you." He smiled craftily, making you snigger softly before turning your head to look at him. The adorably handsome look on his face made it impossible to resist letting your free hand reach to his face, tracing his sharp jawline momentarily, before carefully cupping his cheek with fragile and slow, tender movements.

"I've said this so many times but I really do love you." You confessed, everything around you suddenly irrelevant. The man before you was the sole focus of your attention.

"And I haven't said it enough, but I love you too." Jacob replied, craning down to your height to close your lips with a sweet and innocent, pure kiss.

Drawing back, he had a hopeful yet slightly fearful look behind his hazel orbs, your heart racing a little quicker in response.

"I wanted to show you that," he started, visibly swallowing a lump in his throat, "that I love you."

The brittle wind picked up, making you shiver gently, blowing your (hair colour) hair across your features softly as you brushed them aside, your eyes locked firmly onto Jacob as to figure him out.

Warming brown eyes never left your own, even as he lowered slowly down.

Down onto one knee.

The breath in your body clustered into a lump in your throat, your heart pounding heavier than the machinery in the factories around you.

From the pocket of his rugged leather coat, his hand prized you a black velvet box.

The city stopped stationary for you both, you felt. All sounds stopped, the chill of the wind went unfelt.

Nothing else mattered, nothing but the gesture more than underway.

------

A/N: HAHAHAHAHAHA CLIFFHANGER! IM SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATE , AS I SAID I GOT DRUNK SO IM SORRY I COULDN'T WRITE LAST NIGHT

Next chapter, will be the last chapter :( I'm sad to see this story finish but also glad to see how much you've all enjoyed it. So be prepared for the final...

.... Blue Hydrangea, Cold Cash Divine...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 122 25
1868, London. We are in the era of Queen Victoria's reign and the Industrial Revolution. The protagonist of the story is Adaline Lanchester, the only...
78.2K 3.2K 69
When your mother suddenly goes missing a month after your tenth birthday, the {Your Last Name} Household start to go down hill. You being the y...
1.1K 12 68
After Starrick's death, the Frye twins follow different paths. Evie goes to Crawley to handle some assertions of the creed with Henry, as for Jacob h...
40.1K 1.3K 20
Jacob Frye x Reader The year is 1868 and it starts as a good year for the actress Y/N but she is living a double life. On the stage she is a beautifu...