1. | INDIGO [S. STILINSKI]

By sourstiles

❝ I hate it. I hate not remembering. I want to. I want to remember what it was like to have something, someon... More

chapter one: [literal new girl]
chapter two: [heartfelt interrogation]
chapter three: [he likes someone else]
chapter four: [crazy therapist]
chapter five: [stupid purple flower]
chapter six: [blood smells]
chapter seven: [Lydia?]
chapter eight: [finding star wars]
chapter nine: [saving sheriff]
chapter ten: [don't do it]
chapter twelve: [need that necklace]
chapter thirteen: [leave me alone]
chapter fourteen: [first, and maybe, last dance]
chapter fifteen: [a not-so patient patient]
chapter sixteen: [scream sisters]
chapter seventeen: [don't tell him]
chapter eighteen: [were-lizard]
chapter nineteen: [surprises? ice rinks?]
chapter twenty: [ice skate date]
chapter twenty-one: [gone swimming]
chapter twenty-two: [lydia protection program]
chapter twenty-three: [clubbing]
chapter twenty-four: [restraint]
chapter twenty-five: [raving regrets]
chapter twenty-six: [i hate you]
chapter twenty-seven: [i need you]
chapter twenty-eight: [all-star player]
chapter twenty-nine: [only you]

chapter eleven: [useless]

44.7K 1.6K 2.9K
By sourstiles

"When you came into my life with eyes that sparkled like stars and a smile that shined like the sun, how could I not fall in love?"

   Indigo's POV

I sighed as me and Scott walked down another hallway, still looking for the Alpha. I'd almost grown annoyed. It's been chasing us and now that we're out here, it's hiding.

"I just want to get this over with." I whispered, turning another corner.

  "So you can apologize to Stiles?" He mocked, making me scoff.

   "So I can watch the excuse you make up for Allison. Stiles knows. Yeah, he'll be pissed, but what are you gonna tell Allison?" I seriously asked, looking at him as we walked. He barely stopped for a second, before shaking his head softly.

"I don't know."

  Suddenly, a pain shot in my neck, the same place I'd had bandages from where the Alpha nicked me. I groaned, dropping to the ground as I clutched the side of my neck.

"What's going on? Indigo?" Scott rushed, crouching in front of me. I hissed as another wave of pain sent through, holding my neck even tighter

  "It hurts, Scott. It hurts." I cried, trying to keep my cries down.

"What's happening?" He quickly asked, holding my shoulders.

  "It's the Alpha." I breathed out. "He cut my neck."

I removed my hand slightly, showing the two dots on my neck to Scott. His eyes widened.

  "What are they doing?" He asked frantically. I took deep breaths as the pain subsided, letting me ease.

"I don't know." I breathed out, standing up slowly as Scott helped me. "But I don't think it's anything good."

Scott sighed and let me stand on my own, continuing down the hallway. We reached the gym, and Scott slowly opened the doors. I walked in, looking around until in the middle of the gym, I spotted a figure. It was a tall black figure, almost shaped like a man. I quietly nudged Scott, but I saw he was already staring with wide eyes.

I kept my eyes on it, and soon, it bent down, revealing the figure. The same one from my nightmares.

  "Scott, Scott, throw it." I whispered. When Scott didn't respond, I looked over to see him heavily breathing. My eyes widened. This isn't Scott.

"Scott-?" I whispered. His face shot to me, revealing his glowing yellow eyes. I gasped, and spun on my heel, running through the gym doors. I heard Scott pounding behind me, making me push my body faster. I huffed as I turned the hallway corner.

  I screamed when a clawed hand shoved me into the lockers, my back send a huge wave of pain all over my body. I groaned, sliding to the ground.

"Scott... don't." I breathed out. But nothing. He stomped over to me, and picked me up by my throat with one hand, and with the other, he pressed my forearm into the lockers.

  "Scott." I choked out, using my free hand to pry his hand off my throat. He was too strong. I cried out when I felt his claws pierce my arm, looking to see dark blood seep out. The same blood that Derek threw up. Black blood.

I looked back to Scott's yellow eyes. I felt a tear drop down my cheek, my lungs burning for air.

  "Scott..." My breath came out in a whisper. My vision started fading, and my hand lazily moved over his. "Don't..."

And then it was all dark.

˛

    "Indigo!"

    "Indigo, I need you to wake up!"

    "Come on!"

A gasp erupted from my mouth, as my eyes shot open. I recognized the familiar dark hallway, and began freaking out until a familiar voice spoke.

  "Welcome back, Indigo."

I looked to see Sheriff Stilinski, smiling over me. He nodded and helped me up, keeping me steady.

"Indigo, what happened? Do you remember?" He softly asked as we walked towards the school doors at the end of the hallway.

  "I-I... No, I don't. I didn't see anything." I whispered, startled. But I did. I remembered Scott trying to kill me. If it even was Scott.

"Okay. It's okay. We'll get you to the ambulance and they can check you up." He nodded, holding open the door for me.

  "I got her!" He shouted out to someone. My eyes stung at the sudden light change. It was still dark outside, but multiple police cars were blinking red and blue.

"Someone get her to the ambulance!" Another voice shouted. I furrowed my eyebrows, looking back at Sheriff

  "Where are they? Where's Stiles?" I asked, as another man started to walk me away.

"They'll be out soon. They're checking them in the school. Stiles just sent me to look for you." He nodded, walking away.

My heart warmed at the thought of Stiles worried about me.

"Okay." I whispered, before letting the man take me to the ambulance.

  "Ma'am, can you tell me why you were in the school?" He asked, as he helped me sit down on the edge of the ambulance.

"I-" I swallowed hard. "I was cleaning supplies."

  "Did you see you did this to you?" He asked in a routine voice.

"N-no. No, it was too dark." I shook my head.

  "Alright, thank you. Just let me clean your arm and you can go." He nodded.

I looked to my arm, seeing dried black blood. I sighed, knowing there wasn't going to be a wound under this mess.

The man took a wipe and began disinfecting the area, until a shout made me look up from my arm.

   "Indigo!"

I see Stiles looking straight at me, as his eyes widened. He broke into a sprint, dodging walking officers as he neared the ambulance. I let out a breath as I stood up. He stopped right in front of me and threw his arms around me, let out a huge breath against the side of my head.

"Oh, my god. You're okay." He whispered. I nodded, squeezing him back.

  "I'm fine. I'm okay."

"What the hell were you thinking?" He breathed out, holding me tighter.

  "I was thinking I could save you. Save all of you." I whispered, leaning back. Stiles did the same, giving me a look as we stood inches from the others face.

"That's not your job..." He shook his head softly, keeping his eye boring into mine.

  "That doesn't mean I can't help, Stiles. I have something, and I'm tired of being useless and just walking around while you and Scott are fixing everything. I want to be something." I sniffled.

"Hey, you're not useless." Stiles said, furrowing his eyebrows. "Even if you don't see it. And, you don't have to be something to help. I like you human. Then, I'm not the only human." He admitted, his cheeks a slight pink.

  I gave him a soft smile, thanking him for his words. I leaned in slightly and gave a soft slow peck on his cheek, pulling away. He looked at me with wide eyes, but before he said anything, Scott came up.

"Indigo!" He yelled, walking up to us. Stiles and I instantly shuffled away from each other, letting awkward smiles cover our faces.

  "Thank god, you're okay." He sighed, pulling me into a hug. "Indigo, I-"

"It's okay." I nodded, knowing what he was going to say. "It wasn't you."

  "Indigo, I almost killed you..." Scott whispered. I was confused on why he whispered it, until I remembered Stiles thought the Alpha did this.

"And I'm fine. I healed. Win, win." I smiled, backing away. Scott released me and backed up, giving me a small smile.

  "Well, we survived, dude." I heard Stiles say. We both turned to him, nodding. "It's still good, right? Being alive?"

  "When we were in the chemistry room, he walked right by us. You don't think it heard us? You don't think it knew exactly where we were?" Scott raised an eyebrow.

"Well, then how are we still alive?" Stiles asked.

  "It wants me in its pack. But I think, first, I have to get rid of my old one." Scott sighed.

"What do you mean? What old pack?" Stiles looked at him.

  "Allison, Jackson, Lydia, you-" He breathed out. "Indigo." He looked at me sadly.

My eyes widened in realization. "The Alpha doesn't want to kill us."

"It wants me to do it." Scott nodded. "And that's not even the worst part."

  "How, in holy hell, is that not the worst part?" Stiles exclaimed.

"Because when he made me shift, I wanted to do it. I wanted to kill you, and I almost did." He sighed, glancing at me.

We all gave each other a look, and not a good one.

"There you are."

We turned to see Deaton. What was he doing here?

"How- how did you get out?" Scott stuttered.

  "Not easily." Deaton shook his head. "And from what they tell me- I'm alive because of you. I think I owe you a raise."

I raised an eyebrow as a paramedic took him away, giving Scott and Stiles a questioning look.

  "It's a long story." Stiles chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

Scott's eyes suddenly widened, rushing over somewhere. I watched as he ran to a girl, one I recognized as Allison. I smiled, but the look on her face wasn't pleasant.

 Scott's smile was letting down, and he was frowning now. I saw Allison shake her head, as a tear dropped from her eyes. Then she walked away, leaving the most heartbroken expression on his face.

  "That's not good." I heard Stiles sigh as he stood next to me.

˛

  "Are you sure you're okay with this? I'm totally okay if you want to spend time with them." Allison sighed. I shook my head as she parked in her driveway.

"I don't feel like getting drunk with Stiles and-" I almost said but Allison gave me a look that told me not.

  "With Stiles and him. Who knows what nonsense I'd spill to those idiots." I sighed. We both hopped up, and I saw Allison finally crack a smile.

"Like, how much you love Stiles?" She giggled as we walked to her front door.

  "No." I huffed, crossing my arms. Allison rolled her eyes as she pulled her key out of her pocket.

"Whatever you say."

I scoffed, and then the door opened, just as Allison was putting in a key. A woman, who didn't look over her mid-twenties, stood there and smiled at us.

"Allison, who's your friend?" She asked, putting a hand on her hip as she inspected me.

  "Aunt Kate, this is Indigo." Allison nodded, gesturing to me. "She's staying the night tonight."

"Alright, well it's nice to meet you Indigo. Really." She nodded, taking a step away from the doorway. Allison walked in and gave her aunt a hug, and I took a small step closer. As I stepped my foot on the doorway, something urged me. I don't know what it was, but I almost felt- obliged.

  "May I come in?" I asked, looking to her. Kate studied me a bit harder, before a smirk appeared on her face.

"Of course." She nodded. "Come in."

I smiled and walked past her, following after Allison who walked up to her room. I hurried into her room, feeling a bit uneasy after that confrontation.

"Your aunt..." I eased, sitting on the bed slightly.

  "I know. It's weird for me too, since it's been awhile since I've seen her, but she'll warm up to you." She nodded.

I took a deep breath, nodding. Let's hope so.

A ringing noise makes Allison phone light up, and she frowned again.

"I told him not to call.." She sighed. I rolled my eyes, grabbing her phone.

  "I'll talk to him." I groaned. I hit the answer button and placed it up to my ear.

"Scott, she said not-"

  "I know, I know. I actually called for you." He sighed.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

  "Stiles is exceptionally- wasted." He admitted.

"Who are you talking to?" I heard Stiles mumble in the background. Scott sighed and answered "Indigo", to which Stiles became extremely excited.

"Indigo! Let me talk!" I heard lots of shuffling until there was heavy breathing. "Hey Indigo. We were just talking about you."

I smiled and shook my head. "Oh really?"

  "Yeah, but I'm not supposed to tell you. Then it wouldn't be a secret anymore." I heard him say, really concerned about this secret.

"Okay, Stiles. I'm gonna hang up now." I chuckled.

  "No! I wanna keep hearing your voice..." He mumbled. I could feel my cheeks flare.

"Well, you can hear it tomorrow." I smiled. "Bye Stiles."

  "Bye beautiful" He slurred off.

I blushed as I hit the end button, tossing the phone back to a smirking Allison.

"Those are some red cheeks for someone who doesn't like him." She wiggled her eyebrows.

  "I don't! I- I can't." I shrugged. Allison furrowed her eyebrows.

"Can't?" She asked, shoving both of her legs under her.

  "I can't." I shook my head, looking down at my lap. "It wouldn't work. He's in love with Lydia, and I really don't see that changing anytime soon."

"He was in love with Lydia." Allison tried, raising her eyebrows.

"No. Is-" I tried to explain until Allison stopped me.

  "Indigo, I've never seen anyone so worried about someone until you left that classroom that night. Stiles would not stop trying to get the door open until Jackson pried him off the door. Now, I may not know much, but you don't freak over someone if you don't love them that much."

I sighed, looking down at my lap.

"Who's to say he wouldn't have done the same for Lydia?" I shrugged, looking up at her.

  "God, Indigo!" She loudly chuckled, throwing a pillow at me. "Just admit it! You like him and he likes you."

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

"I don't know."

˛

"Everybody's talking about what happened the other night, and nobody knows it was us." Allison furrowed her eyebrows as we followed Lydia to her locker.

  "Thank you for the protection of minors." Lydia sang, opening her locker.

As we waited, I recognized the questioning look on Allison's face.

"Do you think I made the wrong decision?" She asked, leaning against the wall of lockers.

  "About that jacket with that dress? Absolutely." Lydia scoffed, her eyes raking over Allison's outfit. I rolled my eyes at her superficial-ness.

"You know what I mean." Allison groaned.

"Hello?" Lydia scoffed, slamming her locker. I jumped at the loud noise.

"Scott locked us in a classroom and left us for dead."

I suddenly became angry with Lydia's statement.

"I don't see you running out to protect the ones you love" I snapped, glaring at her. Lydia looked taken back at my outburst and, honestly, so was I. I was unusually angry today. I'd recognized I was just in a bad mood, but this- this was almost extreme for me. Like, like I could feel the anger running through my instead of my own blood.

"Because running out there with him was so smart." Lydia quipped back. I widened my eyes.

  "I did something." I spat. My eyes shortly glanced at Allison, who looked extremely uncomfortable as her friends argued.

"You did something stupid." Lydia retorted right back at me. "You just threw yourself out the door, like you could do something against this murder who is twice the size of you. You were useless, just throwing yourself out there like bait."

A lump grew in my throat as the familiar feeling came back, the one where my throat became tight, and my eyes burned. They burned, drying up as they begged for my tears to come. But I wasn't going to let them. I wasn't going to let someone like Lydia bring me down.

"Lydia." Allison hissed, nudging Lydia's arm. But Lydia was unbothered by what she said.

  "I'm just letting her know before she commits accidental suicide." She pursed her lips, before latching a hand on Allison's arm and dragging her to class.

Allison looked back at me with a sympathetic looked as she was being pulled away, but I knew she couldn't just wrench out of Lydia's grip.

  I took a deep shaky breath, glancing down at my shoes. I wasn't going to cry. No crying. Nothing. I am not that person.

I took one last breath, before making my way to Harris' class for the test.

˛

  "You have forty-five minutes to complete the test. Right now, simply write your name on the cover of the blue book. However, as happens every year, one of you will inexplicably fail to put your name on the cover, and I'll be left yet again questioning my decision to ever become a teacher. " Harris bellowed. "So let's get the disappointment over with. Begin."

Everyone flipped open their book, starting on the first question. I huffed as soon as it came into view.

A screech from chairs made my head shoot up, seeing Stiles and Scott leave the room. I groaned quietly, throwing my head back.

"Are you going to join them Miss. Indigo?" Harris sighed, glaring. I rolled my eyes.

"Do you see me getting up?" I raised my eyebrows, before looking back down at the test.

˛

The final bell rang, releasing the students. I made my way towards the lacrosse field. I walked down the hallway, passing the lockers rooms until my gaze met Lydia and Allison's. I huffed and continued walking. I could feel their stares on my back as I walked faster.

  "Look, I need to know if I have a chance with this girl okay? I've been thinking about her constantly." I heard a familiar voice. Before I turned the corner, I looked back down the hallway, seeing Scott and Stiles.

All the way at the other end.

My eyebrows furrowed. How could I hear them?

"Why don't you just ask her?" Scott sighed, making Stiles' eyes widen.

  "Well, to save myself from utterly crushing humiliation. Thank you." He scoffed, making me chuckle. "Okay? So, please, can you just go up and ask her if she likes me? See if her heartbeat rises, -pheromones come out-"

"Fine." Scott huffed. Stiles froze in surprise.

  "Wh- I love you. I love you! You're my best friend in the whole world." He called out as Scott began walking towards me. He saw me.

I tried going around the corner, but I felt a hand grab my shoulder, turning me around and putting my against the wall.

"What do you want, Scott?" I sighed. His eyes traveled over my face, before smirking.

  "Does Lydia likes Stiles?"

My heart broke at his words, stinging like always.

"How would I know? The woman has better things to tell me besides who she has a crush on." I quipped.

  "Hm..." Scott hummed, the smirk still lingering on his lips. "So, it wouldn't bother you at all if she did?"

I took a deep breath, shaking my head. "No."

"You know, Indigo, I can hear your heartbeat. I think you'd actually hate it if they got together." He nodded.

  "I think you don't know what you're talking about." I snapped. Why was Scott doing this?

"I don't think you do either." He mockingly pouted. "As a matter of fact, I don't really think you know anything."

I tried to keep a straight face, making no action to let him know he was right.

  "I mean, losing your memory must've been bad enough. But, that just causes more problems for you. You don't know what family feels like, what it feels like to have someone there for you..." He listed. "What it feels like for someone to love you."

  "Stop it." I spat.

"Are you getting angry? You gonna turn into a werewolf? Do you know that? Come on, show me those special abilities of yours. Or, do not know those either? Whatever you are, is almost ironic. Your powers are a mystery, just. Like. You."

  I felt his hands leave me, and he began to walk away. All I could do was stand there, dumbfounded. Why was Scott being such an asshole?

˛

I hurried to the lacrosse benches, hugging my arms around myself. I watched as the players ran around the field, throwing balls, passing.

  Plopping down on one bench, I watched as Scott began charging at Danny. I watch carefully as he plowed straight to him, knocking Danny to the ground. My eyes widened and I stood up, following everyone as they huddled around him.

I slowed down as Stiles and Scott separated from the group, talking amongst themselves. I made my way to them, slightly still cautious about Scott.

"Dude, what the hell are you doing?" Stiles asked Scott in confusion.

  "What? He's twice the size of me?" Scott snapped defensively, narrowing his eyes at Stiles. I glared at Scott, recognizing the attitude he had with me minutes ago.

Stiles sighed. "Yeah, but everyone likes Danny, and now everybody's gonna hate you."

  "I don't care." Scott scoffed, before stomping off. I looked to Stiles who was already looking at me, a weird look on his face.

"What's up with Scott?" I asked, pointing in his direction. Stiles snapped out of it, shaking his head slightly.

  "I'm hoping it's the full moon tonight."

My mouth slightly gaped, before shutting itself. Maybe that's why Scott was acting up. So, did he mean the things he said? Were they just real bottled up thoughts, or was he just saying that to get a reaction out of me?

"What's wrong?" Stiles asked, his eyebrows furrowed the same way they always do when he asks me that question.

  "Yeah, it's just-" I sighed, shrugging. "He was talking to me earlier and now I know it was the full moon, but I don't know if he meant it."

"Wh- well, what did he say? Did he mention any, any names? At all?" Stiles blabbered on, tripping over his own words.

  "I mean, he was just saying stuff how I'm useless and clueless, and some other –less word because I have no idea what I am or why I'm even here in the first place. You know, a casual conversation." I tried to laugh it off.

"Oh." Stiles spoke, his voice an octave higher as his face fell. "Wait, he said all that?"

I nodded, chewing the inside of my cheek.

˛

I plopped myself down on the Mccall's couch, letting out a sigh of comfort. It was relaxing times like this that I love-

A sound from the front door made me groan, angrily standing up.

  "One minute, it's all I ask"

Melissa beat me to the foyer, since she was already leaving for a shift at the hospital

  "Stiles?"

I hurried to the door, seeing Stiles grin as he shut the door behind him, his duffle bag dropping to the ground.

She pointed to the key in his hand questioningly. "Key."

"Yeah... I had one made so..." Stiles replied with a small shrug. I almost laughed, but this didn't faze me. Of course he has a key.

"That doesn't surprise me, scares me- but doesn't surprise me." Melissa shook her head, glancing down at the bag. "What's that?"

I noticed Stiles' eyes widen, nervously looking at the bag.

  "Uh, school project." He nodded smoothly. Melissa let out another sigh, this one held a different tone.

"He's okay, right? Scott?" My eyes shot open. Was she really going to ask him about Scott? And, if we could even list the amount of things that aren't okay right now, I'm sure she'd be late.

  Stiles glanced at me quickly, before blinking rapidly as he messed with the zipper of his jacket. "Yeah, totally."

  "He just doesn't talk to me anymore. Not like he used to." She replied quietly, the solemn look on her face giving up just how much this worried her, which worried me. But what worried me more was what would happen to her if she found out about Scott.

"Well, he's had a bit of a rough week." Stiles shrugged, offering Melissa a small smile.

  She nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I get it. Just, um... be careful tonight."

"You too." I softly said as she pulled her car keys out of her purse.

  "It's a full moon." She continued.

"What?" Both me and Stiles choked out. She couldn't know-could she? No.

  "Uh, there's a full moon tonight. You should see how the ER gets, it brings out all the nut jobs." She said with a laugh as she made her way out the door.

Stiles sighed in relief. "Yeah, yeah. That's it."

  "You know, it's actually where they came up with the term lunatic." Melissa nodded, before leaving. Once I heard it lock, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Is Scott here?" Stiles asked, picking up the bag. I shrugged, making my way to the stairs.

  "He might be."

I climbed the stairs, turning at the top towards Scott's room. Stiles followed me, until I stopped and opened Scott's door. I squinted, seeing the lights were off. My hand slid along the wall, finding the light switch, I flicked it up, revealing Scott who was just sitting in a chair in the corner of his room. Me and Stiles both jumped, gripping the doorway for balance.

"Oh my god, dude. You scared the hell out of me!" Stiles huffed.

  "I didn't know you even came home." I questioned.

"I came in through the window." Scott bluntly stated, giving off an eerie vibe.

  "Uh, okay, well- let's get this thing set up." Stiles awkwardly coughed, walking past me into Scott's room.

"I'm fine. I'm just gonna lock the door and go to bed early tonight." Scott spoke.

  "You sure about that? 'Cause you've got this kind of serial killer look going on in your eyes, and I'm hoping it's just the full moon taking effect, 'cause it's really starting to freak me out." Stiles scoffed, setting down the bag as he crouched next to it. An uneasy feeling in my gut told me to stay at the door.

"I'm fine." Scott huffed. "You should go now."

  "Alright, would you at least look in the bag and see what I bought? You know, maybe you use it, maybe you don't. Sound good?" Stiles offered. There was no answer until Scott stood up and slowly came over to crouch next to the bag. He reached in, until he pulled out chains with an angry look.

"You think I'm gonna let you put these on and chain me up like a dog?" He snapped.

  "Actually, no." Stiles said, as he reached for his pocket. He whipped out a pair of handcuffs and grabbed Scott's hand, quickly attaching it to the radiator in his room.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Scott snapped, yanking at his arm.

"Protecting you from yourself and giving you some pay back." Stiles snapped, standing up.

Scott had a confused expression until Stiles angrily spat at him.

   "For calling Indigo useless."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

495 12 29
What if the whole story line for 'Teen Wolf' never happened. Scott was never bitten and everything that has happened, didn't. Mylia has just recently...
12.3K 159 35
May was a normal girl. She went to beacon hills high and has a best friend and a loving sister. But then everything changes As secrets are let loos...
46K 1.1K 53
nothing bad ever happens in the so-called boring small town of beacon hills. that's what maia martin, scott mccall and stiles stilinski have always t...
5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...