1. | INDIGO [S. STILINSKI]

By sourstiles

❝ I hate it. I hate not remembering. I want to. I want to remember what it was like to have something, someon... More

chapter one: [literal new girl]
chapter two: [heartfelt interrogation]
chapter three: [he likes someone else]
chapter four: [crazy therapist]
chapter five: [stupid purple flower]
chapter six: [blood smells]
chapter seven: [Lydia?]
chapter nine: [saving sheriff]
chapter ten: [don't do it]
chapter eleven: [useless]
chapter twelve: [need that necklace]
chapter thirteen: [leave me alone]
chapter fourteen: [first, and maybe, last dance]
chapter fifteen: [a not-so patient patient]
chapter sixteen: [scream sisters]
chapter seventeen: [don't tell him]
chapter eighteen: [were-lizard]
chapter nineteen: [surprises? ice rinks?]
chapter twenty: [ice skate date]
chapter twenty-one: [gone swimming]
chapter twenty-two: [lydia protection program]
chapter twenty-three: [clubbing]
chapter twenty-four: [restraint]
chapter twenty-five: [raving regrets]
chapter twenty-six: [i hate you]
chapter twenty-seven: [i need you]
chapter twenty-eight: [all-star player]
chapter twenty-nine: [only you]

chapter eight: [finding star wars]

44.2K 1.6K 2.5K
By sourstiles

 "Why am I so afraid to lose you, when you're not mine?"

    Indigo's POV

"Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there." Stiles huffed, giving Derek a disgusted look.

  "Almost where?" Derek sighed, a tired but confused look on his face.

"Your house." Stiles stated in a 'duh' tone.

  "What? No. No, you can't take me there." Derek hurried, almost pleading.

"We can't take you to your own house?" I scoffed, leaning towards the console. Derek barely titled his head to glare at me.

  "Not when I can't protect myself." He growled, his eyes still on me.

"All right." Stiles huffed, immediately pulling over. He twisted the keys and the car rumbled off as he turned all the way in his seat to look at Derek. "What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?"

"Not yet." Derek sighed, pulling up his sleeve inch by inch tiredly. "I have a last resort.

  "What do you mean? What's last re- Oh my god!"

Derek revealed a gross-looking hole on his arm, oozing dark black blood. Purple veins trailed off and faded into his pale skin. I felt my stomach lurch, my hand slamming over my mouth in case of hurling.

"What is that?" Stiles eased, a disgusted look plastered on his face. "Oh- is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out."

  "Start the car." Derek growled, ignoring Stiles request. "Now."

"I don't think you should be parking orders with the way you look, okay? In fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead." Stiles snapped.

  Derek's hand snapped back, gripping my throat. Both of my hands scratched at his, trying to pry them off as they cut off my air supply. I was more stunned at the fact they felt almost identical to the ones from my dream. My eyes sat wide, just like Stiles'.

"Start the car or I'm gonna' rip her throat out." Derek stared at Stiles. "With my teeth."

  "Okay, just- just let her go." Stiles hurried looking from me to Derek worriedly.

I let out a gasp as Derek lessened his grip and removed his hand, sitting back normally in his seat. I took deep, amazing breaths, feeling the cold air run through again.

"Are you okay?" Stiles sighed. I nodded, giving him a soft smile. He let out another breath, before turning around to the wheel and turning the keys.

˛

  "You've got to be kidding me." I sighed, watching as Stiles pulled into the Beacon Hills Animal Clinic parking lot. This is where we're taking Derek?

"Scott said Deaton was gone by now. It's all we've got." Stiles shrugged as he shut off the car. He hopped out and I followed, helping him get Derek out of the jeep and into the clinic. I shoved the front door open, Stiles and Derek stumbling into the examination room. Stiles let go, causing Derek to slam into the metal table.

  "You know, that really doesn't look like anything some Echinacea and a good night's sleep couldn't take care off." Stiles tried to joke, until Derek glared at him.

"When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me." He breathed out.

  " 'Positivity' just isn't in your vocabulary, is it?" Stiles scoffed.

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time- last resort." Derek grunted, pulling off his shirt. If it wasn't for the disgusting bullet hole that was leaking black blood, I would've been completely focused on his chest.

  "Which is?" I shook my head, looking back at Derek's face. He was already staring at me, so I glanced to Stiles who had a weird look on his face. Some emotion, not that I could tell. He looked kind of pissed off though.

"One of you-" Derek sighed. "Is going to cut off my arm."

He slammed a mini-saw on to the metal table, making both me and Stiles' eyes widen.

  "What if you bleed to death?" I exaggerated, the idea of cutting his arm making my stomach churn.

"It'll heal if it works." He said, exhausted.

  "Look-" Stiles trailed off. "I don't think we can do this." He shook his head.

"Why not?" Derek glared. Again.

  "Well, it might just be me, but the cutting of flesh, the sawing of bone, and especially- the blood!" Stiles argued, looking more and more disgusted by the second.

"You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek scoffed.

"  No, but I might at the sight of a chopped-off arm!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Alright, fine." Derek shrugged, before snatching his hand to me again. I felt claws against my throat once more, freezing in place in fear he'd actually rip it this time. "Either you cut off my arm, or I'm gonna rip off her head."

  "We're not buying your threats." I choked out, scraping at his arm. On the other hand, Stiles looked like he feared for my life more than I did myself.

"Okay, okay." Stiles eased, putting his hands up. "Bought. Sold, whatever. Just let her go. I'll do it."

I instantly could breath, feeling his hand let go. I stumbled from my lightheaded-ness. Stiles arms caught me, helping me stand up and lean against the wall.

  "Are you okay?" He asked, sincerely looking into my eyes. I took one last deep breath, nodding with a small smile.

A horrible sound made us look to Derek, who was bent over and retching out the most disgusting liquid.

"Wha-What are you doing?" Stiles panicked, looking at Derek curiously.

  "It's my body trying to heal itself." Derek breathed out, exhausted from just throwing up.

"Well, tell it it's doing an awful job." I scoffed.

  "Now. You gotta do it now." Derek hurried, glancing at Stiles.

"Look, honestly, I don't think I can-"

  "Just do it!" Derek growled, making both me and Stiles jump.

Stiles instantly grabbed the saw, taking a huge breath before turning it on.

"Alright, here we go!" Stiles called, carefully lowering the saw towards Derek's arm.

  "Stiles?!"

We all turned, seeing a horrified Scott in the doorway.

"Scott?" Stiles confirmed, before turning off the saw with a look of relief.

  "What the hell are you doing?" Scott asked, his eyes still wide.

"You just prevented a life-time of nightmares." Stiles breathed out.

  "Did you get it?" Derek spoke up.

"What are you gonna do with it?" Scott asked, handing the small bullet to him.

  "I'm- I'm gonna-" Derek whispered, before his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he collapsed, the bullet bouncing from his grasp.

"No!' Scott yelled, dashing for the bullet. Stiles and I went for Derek, although he was already passed out on the floor.

  "Derek, come on. Wake up." Stiles groaned, trying to shake him. I nervously watched between Derek and Scott, who was struggling with his hand stuck down the vent.

"Scott, what the hell are we gonna do?" Stiles spoke up, glancing at Scott.

  "I don't know!" He groaned. "I can't reach it!"

"He's not waking up!" Stiles yelled. I sighed, moving closer to Derek. Stiles looked at me with curious eyes.

  "Don't kill me." I mumbled with my eyes closed, before pulling my fist back and slamming it to Derek's face. His eyes shot open as he sat up, regaining consciousness.

"Okay, I got it!" Scott cheered, quickly rushing up from the ground. Stiles was helping Derek off the ground, who instantly snatched the bullet from him. He crushed it, causing some powder to emerge. I didn't see it long before he shoved it into the bullet hole, making a gross noise. I cringed and turned around, seeing Stiles make a similar face.

  "That- was awesome." Stiles chuckled, making me turn back around to see Derek was already looking better.

"Are you okay?" Scott breathed out, looking at Derek.

  "Well, except for the agonizing pain." He snapped. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm guessing the ability to use sarcasm is a good sign of health." Stiles nodded.

  "Okay, we saved your life, which means you're gonna leave us alone, you got that?" Scott pointed at Derek like a scolding mother. "And if you don't, I'm gonna go back to Allison's dad, and I'm gonna tell him everything-"

"You're gonna trust them? You think they can help you?" Derek raised an eyebrow in surprise.

"I don't see you offering anytime soon." I scoffed, causing him to glare harder at me.

"Fine. I'll show you just how helpful they are." He sneered.

˛

I slumped over the bed, waiting for something, anything to happen. I've been bored for the past hour. Stiles was with his dad and Allison's aunt is in town.

"Hey."

I turned to the door, seeing Scott.

"What's up?" I huffed, sitting up.

  "I was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie, unless you're doing something." He shrugged.

I scoffed and looked around the room, gesturing.

"I'm kind of busy."

He rolled his eyes, and I smiled, getting up from my spot on the bed.

  "So, what movie?" I asked, walking with Scott downstairs.

"What have you see- Oh." He suddenly stopped. "Sorry."

  "It's fine." I shook my head. "Anything you haven't seen?"

Scott hummed as he thought, before he started laughing.

  "How about Star Wars? Stiles has been egging me to watch it." He suggested.

I was hesitant, since I was supposed to watch it with Stiles. He wouldn't be mad, would he? What am I kidding, it's just a movie. Right?

"Sure." I nodded.

  "Okay, I don't have it, so would you mind heading to the movie store and picking it up with I cook something up?" Scott shrugged, handing me a $10 bill.

"You can cook?" I asked as I slipped my shoes on. He sighed, putting his hands up.

  "Fine. I'll microwave something up." He mocked, walking to the kitchen.

And off I walked to the movie store.

˛

I sighed as my fingers brushed the shelves, still looking for Star Wars.

I heard a bell ring, followed by a shout.

"Can somebody help me find The Notebook?"

I softly groaned at recognition of the voice, Jackson being the last person on the list of people I wanted to see tonight.

"Indigo?" Jackson asked, appearing at the end of my isle. I sighed and nodded, walking to another isle.

 "Yup, now bye." I huffed, keeping my eyes on the isle. My nose suddenly burned with a familiar smell, making me cringe. I looked on the shelves, before my eyes dropped to the floor.

With a huge red stain.

  I covered my mouth, just in time to trap the squeal that tried to escape. Why-in the hell- was there blood in this big of a puddle?

My eyes dared to travel farther, seeing a hand on the ground coming out from behind the end of the shelf. Oh, god.

"What the hell is your problem?" I heard Jackson behind me, before he mumbled an 'oh shit'. I assumed he saw the puddle.

  "What did that?" I whispered, taking my hand away.

"I don't want to find out." Jackson snapped, before snatching my hand. "We are getting out of-"

  I let out a scream when there was a huge crash, the sound of the window shattering piercing my ears. Me and Jackson both dropped to the ground, slamming our backs to the rack.

'Did you see it?' Jackson mouthed to me. I slowly shook my head, not wanting to make any noise at all.

I heard footsteps, but they sounded different. There was a slight click to them. This only made me shake more.

    Suddenly, racks behind us began to crash, until ours started to fall too. Jackson tried to pull us both out, but his leg got caught and I was fully stuck under.

A shelf slammed into my head, making my ears ring. I groaned, feeling the pounding headache. The rack creaked more on top of us as something jumped on top. I barely saw pointy claws reach to the back of Jackson's neck, piercing them. They began to slowly inch towards me, but I couldn't move. I was frozen in place, a rack crushing me. My vision was blurry.

And the last thing I felt was two claws barely nick two spots on the side of my neck.

˛

"Ma'am? Ma'am, can you hear me? I need you to respond."

  "No pulse. Go again. 3, 2, 1- clear."

I felt a surge through my chest, making my eyes shoot open and a large gasp erupt from my lips.

"Miss? Do you remember where you are?" A woman asked me.

"I-uh, the movie store, right?" I groaned.

  "Good. Do you remember your name?"

"It's... It's Indigo."

  "Alright. I'm going to have these two men check your vitals, and you should be set. Had me going there for a sec'. You didn't have a beatin' heart." The woman lightly chuckled, before walking off.

Just as she said, two men in scrubs like Melissa's walked over to- what I realized was a hospital bed- and began poking and prodding me as they checked and wrote down things.

  Finally, they finished, but no before informing me of the bandage on my neck. I reached for it now, feeling the cloth covering where I remembered the thing from the movie store pierce me. I hissed in pain, quickly retracting my fingers.

"Sir, you can't go in there. She's just woken up."

  "And that's exactly why I need to go in there!" I recognized Stiles voice.

"I've got this one." I smiled at Melissa's voice. "Go on in, Stiles."

  The door swung open, revealing Stiles with a concerned look on his face. He sighed in relief when he noticed I was sitting up right.

"Thank god." He mumbled, before taking a couple quick strides towards me. He wrapped his arms around me gently, and I did the same, feeling the familiar warmth I always did when I was with him.

  "Jesus, Indigo. You scared the hell out of me." He mumbled, pulling away with a slightly sadder look on his face.

"Why? I'm fine." I shrugged.

  "Indigo, when they pulled you out from the movie store, you were covered in blood. And you weren't even breathing." Stiles sighed, and I could tell he didn't really like repeating what he saw.

A slight frown appeared on my face, slowly nodding.

But then I remembered.

   "Melissa? Do you mind shutting the door? I need to tell Stiles something important. And... private." I sighed. Melissa's lips grew into a smirk, looking from Stiles to me. Stiles face was beat red for some reason.

"Take all the time you need." She nodded, quickly leaving and closing the door behind her.

  "So.. wh- what did you need to tell me?" Stiles nervously asked, slightly stepping closer to the bed.

"I need to tell you about my nightmares." I huffed.

  "Oh, "He froze, before nodding. "Yeah, of course. I mean, why would you-. Yeah."

"I haven't told anyone about them. I thought I was going insane. But, it's starting to connect." I sighed.

  "Connect to what?" He asked, interested.

   "Real life." I said. "I mean, in my dreams, there's these woods that I'm always running through. And something's chasing me. And a voice. Always- trying to scare me into doing things and telling me I can't avoid it. But, what's chasing me- is what I saw at the movie store." I breathed out, nodding.

"You have nightmares- about what attacked you tonight?" Stiles confirmed.

  "Yes, and I know it sounds completely ridiculous but-"

"Indigo-" Stiles stopped me. "Scott has fangs and claws. I think we've passed ridiculous by now."

  "It's starting to scare me outside the nightmares, Stiles" I whimpered. Stiles expression softened. "I- What if what happens in my dreams will happen to me?"

"Well- I mean, nothing terrible happens, right? You just- get chased." He asked optimistically.

  "I die."

"Oh."

  "Stiles, I don't want to die." I sniffled, feeling tears. I groaned and quickly wiped them.

"Hey, hey-" Stiles eased, grabbing my hands from wiping away my tears. "That's not going to happen. I'm not going to let that happen. We'll figure it out."

I took a deep breath, shakily nodding. He smiled, nodding too.

  "Now, let's get out of here. I'm ready to sleep in my own bed." Stiles chuckled, walking to the door.

"Your own bed? How long have you been here?" I titled my head.

  "All night." Stiles sheepishly shrugged, before quickly exiting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 1.4K 66
nothing bad ever happens in the so-called boring small town of beacon hills. that's what maia martin, scott mccall and stiles stilinski have always t...
45 5 7
Rutledge Byrnes - better known as Ruth - has lived in Beacon Hills her entire life, having met Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski when they were littl...
5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
130 2 17
With the start of the third grade, Stiles Stilinski moves into a town called Beacon Hills. Upon arriving he joins a friendship with Scott McCall, and...