Life of Mine. [Harry Styles]

By harryintheam

Rosalyn Jones is finally done being controlled by everyone. Her overbearing parents don't approve of her sudd... More

Author's Note + Trailer!
1. First Day
2. Surprising Boss
3. Lost Friendships and New Music.
4. Interest
5. Go With It
6. Vague
7. Who Knows
8. Decisions
9. Trust and Mistrust
10. Forget About It
11. Slumber Party
12. The Characters
13. Sweets
14. Words
15. Date
16. Decisions
17. Conversation
18. Distance
19. Moping
20. Breaking the Ice
21. All Together
22. Relax
23. End of the Day
24. Bliss
25. Beginnings
26. Misunderstandings
27. Fights
28. Alone
29. Determination
30. Truth
31. Love
32. Reunion
34. Too Many Thoughts
35. Questions
36. Realization
37. The End.
a very belated update.

33. Compromise

6.5K 161 15
By harryintheam

Songs for this chapter:

You pick.

.......................................................................................................

Rosalyn POV.

A few days later, I got ready for work extra early. It was a beautiful Autumn day in the city, complete with colorful trees and and a cool breeze. Emily had lit a few apple-scented candles and had a fall playlist on Spotify playing on the speakers. She was getting ready to go talk to some design-related people about starting her career, and I was going to ask Caroline about going on tour today. It was a big day, but I would face it with the people I loved. 

"I'm so nervous," Emily took a deep breath as we made breakfast together in the kitchen.

"I am, too," I admitted, accidentally spilling way too much creamer into my coffee. "But it'll be okay, what's the worst that could happen to either of us?"

"Hmmm," Emily pretended to contemplate it. "Everyone could hate my designs and tell me to look for a different career, crushing my dreams. And for you? Well, Caroline could say no and you and Harry could break up again."

"Emily!" I snapped. "Please try to be positive!"

"Sorry," she threw her hands up defensively. 

"Let's think about the best things that could happen," I suggested. "Everyone could love your designs and give you great advice on how to get started, and Caroline could say yes to me, causing Harry and I to be an even stronger couple."

"I hope you're right," she bit her lip nervously. "I'm gonna go ahead and get going. I can't stay here any longer."

"What about breakfast?" I asked, motioning to her fruit bowl she'd spent so much time on. 

"I'll take it to go," she shrugged, hugging me quickly. "Best of luck!"

"You too," I called to her as she scurried out the door. 

                                                                               ~                           ~                          ~

"So, you want to go on tour?" Caroline finally asked after I finished explaining my request.

"If it's too much trouble, I totally understand," I began to ramble, as usual. "I just...I want to write still but I also want to be with Harry so badly, and I understand if I just can't have everything I want, but I at least had to ask-"

"You can go." she granted, cutting me off.

What?

"What?" I voiced my thoughts. "I...I can go?"

"On one condition," she said sternly, and I nodded. "Finish your book and hand it in before you go. Like, way before. I'll have a proper deadline ready. Writing is obviously what's important to you, not editing, and you're a damn good writer."

"I can do that," I grinned. "Thank you so much!"

She stood up to hug me tightly before sending me to my desk to start working for the day. I couldn't believe this was happening. Once again, my dreams were coming true.

I immediately pulled out my phone to text Harry.

To Harry: CAROLINE SAID YES!!!!

From Harry: Baby, that's the best news I've heard all day. Pack those bags.

To Harry: The tour doesn't start till April hun, it's a bit early to start packing :)

From Harry: Never too early. By the way, Louis says he's gonna make your life a living hell the entire tour 'cause you're gonna be his #1 prank target.

To Harry: tell Louis to stop underestimating me! 

From Harry: can't wait to referee this war. see you tonight? 

To Harry: Yes pleaseeeee

From Harry: I'll pick you up at 8. Love you xx

To Harry: Love you too babe. xo

 I decided to text Emily next.

To Emily: EMILY EMILY EMILY EMILY EMILYLM EMLOJY EMILY CAROLINE'S LETTING ME GO ON TOUR

From Emily: ROSALYN ROSALYN ROSALYLNMN FRSOAL ROS ROS I'M GOING TOO!!!!

To Emily: AHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT

From Emily: Yeah!!! I talked to this design intern person that I met one night when I was singing and I was like hey so I wanna be a designer but I also want to go on tour with my boyfriend so like can I do that do you think that'd work?? and she was like hell yeah, that'd be great publicity so I'm going for it!!!

To Emily: WE'RE GOING ON TOUR

From Emily: LET'S CELEBRATE TONIGHT I WANNA GET SO WASTED

To Emily: YESSS AND LET'S BRING THE BOYS WE'LL HAVE TO FACE SO MANY PAPS BUT WHO CARES?!

From Emily: PERFECT. SEE YOU LATER!!

                                                                                          ~                  ~               ~

Hours later, the entire crew was together in Emily's and I's apartment. All four of the boys were already a bit tipsy, while Emily and I had only downed one shot each. I was sitting on Harry's lap as we all talked, and Harry's fingers kept lightly ticking my sides as the alcohol made him even more playful. 

"If you don't stop, you're not coming home with me tonight," I threatened under my breath, causing his fingers to stop their actions immediately.

"You're mean," he pouted and I turned my to kiss his forehead.

"You're cute when you're drunk," I giggled, placing a small kiss on his nose. I was always struck by how cute his nose was, it was something I never really noticed in other people. 

"You're cute when you're actually being nice to me," he continued to pout, reaching for his beer.

"Oh, don't be a baby," I rolled my eyes playfully, scooting off his lap.

"Where are you going?" he frowned, attempting to reach for my hand. 

"Babe, we're about to leave," I laughed, giving him my hand only to pull him up with me. "Come on, drunkie."

"I'm not drunk," he protested. "But I probably will be soon."

"Whatever," I giggled, reaching up to kiss his lips quickly as we all head out the door. We even decided to take a limo instead of a taxi tonight. 

The club was packed. It was a Friday night in the middle of Manhattan, and people quickly recognized the four quirky, talented boys around me. No one cared too much, because they were too drunk and having too much fun dancing to pay too much attention. The paparazzi outside cared, but we were experts at avoiding them, at least while inside. 

We all wanted to celebrate this day. The boys, Emily, and I, were becoming a unit. We all loved each other way more than we even realized before, and knew we were in this for the long haul. Harry and I were not breaking up any time soon, and if I had it my way, we would be together forever. Niall and Emily were becoming more and more serious, sharing sweet, private moments instead of just making jokes, or making out, all the time. Louis and Liam held this dysfunctional family together, Louis with his blatant honesty and humor, and Liam with his wisdom and understanding and care for everyone. I was so grateful to have all of them by my side, and I was even more grateful that we wouldn't have to all split up soon. We would all chase our dreams together.

Harry couldn't wait to leave the club. I was downing more and more drinks, and so was he. He couldn't keep his hands, or his lips, off me, and I couldn't find it in me to stop him. While the others danced, Harry and I stayed in the booth, kissing and laughing and drinking and just holding onto this moment with each other. I knew we'd have to fight for these stolen moments on tour, but it would be so worth it. 

"You look really hot tonight," Harry commented, nuzzling his face into my neck. 

"I don't, though," I protested as he planted a few soft kisses on my neck and shoulder. "My makeup's already messed up and my hair is all frizzy and I'm sweaty."

"I know what I said," Harry shrugged, pecking my lips gently. 

"We should probably go hang out with everyone," I suggested, no conviction behind my voice as Harry continued trailing slow kisses down my neck. 

"Or we could stay here," he muttered against my skin. 

"Harrrryyyyyy," I whined, mustering up all my will-power to scoot away. A pout covered his adorable face and he reached for me again.

"Hey," I stopped him, grabbing his hands and interlacing my fingers with his. "Later I'm all yours, okay?"

"Promise?" he grinned.

"Absolutely swear," I giggled, leaning in to kiss him one more time. "Let's go dance."

"There you are!" Emily shouted over the music as we all danced close together. 

I was starting to regret making Harry dance, because now I really just wanted to get him home. Damn him for getting me all worked up. By the way I was dancing, Harry could definitely tell what I was thinking. And he wasn't making the situation any better, grabbing my butt when the others weren't looking and kissing me every chance he got. 

"Bathroom?" he finally asked with a smirk. 

"Too trashy," I shook my head. "Limo?" 

"What about the limo driver?" he raised an eyebrow, looking around. We spotted the limo driver at the bar, not drinking, but chatting up some girl. A true professional. 

"We'll lock the doors," I shrugged, dragging him out of the club. 

..............................................................................................

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 68K 36
It's been 14 years since I last spoke a single word. 14 years of silence. The doctors told me I would never speak again. But even if I could speak Ha...
1M 62K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
8.8K 74 77
Daughter of the small town's very own Chief of Police, freedom is something Lyza yearns for. To graduate is to finally break free from the shackles t...
1.1M 33.7K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...