Guts (the original interactiv...

By Pixee_Styx

** PREVIOUSLY A FEATURED HORROR STORY** The dead have risen. You wake up in the middle of this violent, rotti... More

RULES: please read
1
2 - Barricade House
3 - Head for the Mall
4 - Dad's Hunting Rifle
5 - Machete
6 - Long Route
7 - Short Route
8 - Let Them In
9 - Ignore Them
10 - The Library
11 - The Gun Shop
12 - Hardware Store
13 - Straight to the Mall
14 - Let Them In cont...
15 - The Library Cont...
16 - The gun shop cont.
17 - Grab and Go
18 - Wait for Buster
19 - Stick With Wade
20 - Run to the Church
21 - Help Louis with Charlotte
22 - Get Out of There
24 - Split and Find Family
23 - Join Quinn and Lawrence
25 - Wait for Buster Cont...
26 - Run to the Church cont.
27 - Charge in with Chuck
28 - Go to the Body Shop
29 - Join Lawrence
30 - Join Quinn
31 - Into the Mall
32 - Let Him Tag Along
33 - Send Him Back
34 - Steps Two and Three
35 - Drop into the Room
37 - Join Lawrence Cont.
38 - Search for Lawrence
39 - Carry on the Mission
40 - Into the Mall cont.
41 - To the Store
42 - Take a Vehicle
43 - Steps Two and Three cont.
44 - Drop into the Room cont.
45 - Escape the Pit of the Undead
46 - Escape the Parade of the Undead
47 - The Non-infected
48 - Find Your Family
49 - Find Artie's Dad
50 - Leave
51 - Wait
Don't Miss It
A Message

36 - Go Back to the Store

2.8K 87 57
By Pixee_Styx

Since the men have left the room, you could jump down there. But it would be suicide, you decide. That man just shot another one in the face, and they seemed to have been friends at at least one point in their lives. What would he do to a stranger at a time like this? No thanks.

"Come on," you whisper.

Being as quiet as you can, you crawl away from the opening, leaving Cal and Troy far behind with poor dead Mick. He was only trying to do what was right. That man shot him, all because he didn't agree with the way that man was fighting the infected. They could have talked it out maybe, or he could have sent Mick going, but no. He killed him in cold blood. Clearly the morals of men are already suffering from this unusual and rapid contagion.

Everything is quiet back at the opening where Louis and Chuck went into the store. The white tile is smeared with dark blood. It looks as though someone spilled black cherry pudding, and then did a waltz all over it. Despite the mess, it's quiet. There's no indication that the things that turned the place upside down are still in there.

"They did it. They killed the infected," Sally whispers. Her face falters. "Chuck and Louis are probably long gone."

You nod. "Then we should follow suit."

Quietly, you climb out of the vent, then help Sally down as well. It isn't until both of your feet and Sally's were on the floor that you realized something was wrong.

It starts with a guttural groan that causes your stomach to flip and your heart to drop, as if you're on a roller coaster that suddenly plummeted. Something smacks the ground. You jump. There's a slight screech sound as something slides across the floor. You're staring wide eyed, like you've been caught in a trap. Smack, screech. Smack, Screech. The thing comes into view from the corner. 

You recognize the blood matted dark hair, the one wide eye that isn't missing. It's Louis. Louis, dragging himself across the floor, the button on his shirt screeching with every pull. And he isn't alive. You try to scream, but barely a squeak comes out. 

Sally clambers back into the vent and you try to follow her, but something grabs your shoulder. You're forced around and staring into your face is Chuck - or what used to be Chuck. He's a zombie now, with a big chunk bitten out of his cheek, his eyes all chalky, staring at nothing but focused on you. He opens his mouth wide, the sick, guttural cry comes out of it.  

Finally you find your voice, but it's too late. Chuck has already taken a big bite of your shoulder. You fall to the ground and Louis joins in. All you can focus on is the excruciating pain as they devour you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80 13 12
This is the story of a 12 year old boy surviving a type of apocalypse of a cannibalistic virus...will he and those with him survive?
135K 7.3K 52
In a blink of an eye, the whole world can change. Evey had always lived a normal life. She was an emergency room nurse, had friends, and had a famil...
1.4K 10 24
After 23 years of the infection, humans have moved to space and simply they have had enough of being trapped in a confined space on The Warrior Throu...
1.4M 77.6K 62
* 2017 WATTY WINNER!* Blurb: Humans are at the top of the food chain and always have been. But what if they weren't? What if another took our place...