The Friendly Reality (Harry S...

By aabbhhiiee

A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other.. Maybe temp... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Arrival
Chapter 2: Meeting Her
Chapter 3: Hang Out
Chapter 4: Bestfriends
Chapter 5: The Audition
Chapter 6: Adjustment Period
Chapter 7: Meeting the Boys
Chapter 8: Busy Schedule
Chapter 9: Harry's Issues
Chapter 10: Unbelievable
Chapter 11: Me & Her
Chapter 12: Mood Swing
Chapter 13: The Reveal
Chapter 14: Still Trying
Author's Note
UPDATE!!
Chapter 15: The Wedding
Chapter 16: Stargazing
Chapter 17: Months Ago (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 19: Damn It (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 20: Girl's Night Out
Chapter 21: It's Still You
Chapter 22: Please Understand (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 23: Adventure Time
Chapter 24: A Time For Us
Chapter 25: Everything has Changed
Chapter 26: Much Better
Chapter 27: Preparations
Chapter 28: I Don't Regret It
Chapter 29: Clear Things Out
Chapter 30: Misconception
Chapter 31: Climax
Chapter 32: The Moment I Knew
Author's Note
Chapter 33: Finally
Chapter 34: Just Go With It
Chapter 35: One Step Closer
Epilogue

Chapter 18: Back With the Boys

793 23 3
By aabbhhiiee

Just a real life update. Niall is now officially an uncle! Ohmyy gosh <333

Note: I would like to dedicate this to @styleswish! I mean I joined the Double Trouble cover contest on ig. I didn't win, but it was worth the try! Haha I love the story and hope you'll update soon!! :xx Love ya darlin :)

Chapter 18:

Back With the Boys

(Harry's POV)

My lids tried to open but my eyes were too irritated by the sun's rays that my nerves were forcing it to remain closed. I sat up straight, my back aching from the hard ground that I fell asleep on. Abbie lay beside me, still dozed off. I could see the mark of her bra line brought about by her fitting shirt. It gave me a tingly feeling. I mean yeah I've felt this with all the other girls I've been with before, but not my best friend. This seems kind of unusual.

I tried to stretch out my legs and I tirelessly stood up as soon as I heard the cabin's back door open.

"I've been looking for you guys everywhere! What are you doing here?" Gemma interrogated, putting a hand on her waist. I laughed, pulling my tight pants up and fixing my wrinkled sweater.

"Were you here all night? Oh gosh, what did you do? Did you ki-" I ran to her and covered her mouth before she says another word and wake Abbie.

"Hush sis. She's still sleeping. What time is it anyway?" My raspy voice was low and I could smell my morning breath which was disgusting.

She shoved my hand away and rolled her eyes, "It's 8. We barely have three hours before we leave."

This family vacation is so short. My parents will be leaving for their honeymoon tomorrow, Gemma's visiting her boyfriend in two days, and I will be going to Italy tonight to meet up with the boys before we go to Mexico together.

We got inside the cabin and the aroma of good 'ol bacon and eggs went up our nostrils, leading us to the kitchen. Dad is a really good chef! Breakfast was served as each of us sat on the vacant stools and dug in the delicious meal.

Mom was preparing hot chocolate and when she handed out the mugs, her left eyebrow raised, "Where's Abbie?"

I folded my lips and looked down on my food, trying to avoid her eye contact. I could sense she's waiting for my response-

"HARRRYYYY EDWAAARD STYLESSSSS!!!" The yell was too high pitched so it's definitely not mom nor Gemma. It came from outside.

The back door slammed and I saw Abbie stomping towards us- well towards me.

"YOU BIG HEADED FREAK! YOU JUST LEFT ME THERE ALONE!" Her hair was a mess and her top was wet, maybe because of the moist of the grass ground.

She crossed her arms in front of her, "WHAT THE HELL?! STOP STARING!" I didn't realize I was looking at her- uhh- chest?

"What do you expect me to do? Carry you all the way back to your room? That would be tiring! Besides, I didn't want to interrupt your conversation with Niall in your dreams." I teased and she turned red like a tomato.

"Niall, I still love you. Please don't leave-" I tried imitating her voice in the best possible way. It was my first time to hear her talk in her sleep and it was pretty funny for me. Her fingers clipped on my biceps and my eyes squinted feeling the pain of her pinch.

"STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!! WELL YOU COULD'VE WOKEN ME UP! I MIGHT HAVE GOTTEN RAPED!" This time she slapped my arm and I can't believe I was being tortured by a girl who looked so cute getting mad at me.

"This is a private farm. You won't get raped! Over my dead body!" I pulled her close to me, my knees touching her thighs. She placed her hands on my lap and we both just stared into each other's eyes. My heart was beating faster and suddenly confusion hits me. I thought I forgot this feeling already. I thought I've stopped thinking different about her. But here I am, completely falling for my best friend all over again.

There was silence for a moment- until dad cleared his throat.

She brushed her fingers through my curls, "I HATE YOU." Then she harshly punched my chest, slightly pushing me off my chair. Seriously, what's up with this girl?

I covered my cheeks and prevented myself from blushing. "Well I love you too." I joked-

Or did I?

We got back to eating our breakfast and later on fixed our things before we left the farm. It was around lunch when we arrived in Cheshire, where the Revilla family gave us a warm welcome by cooking everybody's favorite Filipino meal- Chicken Adobo.

"This gets more delicious every time I eat it!" I said, my mouth full.

The table was a mess and I regret not being able to help out since I would be late for my flight. Mom got all teary-eyed that dad had to pull her away from me. I told her that everything's going to be okay and that home is where my heart will always be.

"So... You're going to be busy again huh?" Abbie asks as I load my things in the car. She was a bit sad.

I was upset too you know. Three days spent with my best friend is not enough to make up for all the mistakes I've done. If only I could spend a lifetime with her.

"Don't worry, I'll call you before and after every show. This time I mean it." I wrapped my arms around her and enclosed our gap with a tight hug.

She moved her head to my neck as she spoke, "I'll miss you Hazza."

I kissed her forehead sending goosebumps throughout my body as my lips touch her hair, "I'll miss you too Baba."

Paul and my bodyguard met me at the airport and snuck me in some secret passage way to avoid riot with the fans and don't cause trouble with the ground personnel.

"How was your mom's wedding?" He asks, sitting comfortably beside me in first class.

I opened my window's cover, "It was great.. She was there man."

"Who? Abbie? Wow. Was it awkward?"

"Not really. We acted normal. It was like nothing happened. We're still best buddies."

"You mean still friend-zoned? Damn it! She's single lad! Grab your chance!"

"Easy for you to say." I put my headphones on, playing Bruno Mars tunes on replay, ignoring what the world advices me to do.

It's not easy to admit that I once again fell for my best friend. Or maybe the feeling never actually left. Maybe I just buried it under my rebound girls and focused my heart on my career where I thought the fans could help me move on.

But I haven't. And possibly never will.

(Louis' POV)

The gals and I, except for Harry and Niall, are patiently waiting in our hotel room while watching television. Harry's plane will be arriving around 8 tonight and Niall's will be 10 minutes after that.

"Hey mate! Is it me or do I suddenly miss our pal Abbie?" Zayn blurts out of nowhere, lying on the sofa. He just got in from the room's balcony.

"Why'd you ask?" Liam's mouth was full and we could hear him munching through some chips.

Zayn brought out his iPhone, "Cause I just talked to Perrie. She said they were planning to have a girl's night out. I don't know when but I wanted to come along."

I sat on his legs, gently crushing it beneath me, "Oh right! Eleanor has mentioned it last time."

"Now I'm beginning to miss Abbie too." Liam crumples the now empty bag of Lays'.

It's been at most 9 months since we last saw her. Eleanor kept blabbering about giving her a surprise party when she graduates high school. She even begged me to tell Harry and Paul to let her come along in the tour again.

The door opened and in came Harry, followed by Paul. We stood up and gave each other a brotherly hug. I sprung on Harry's back and he galloped his way to where he'll be sleeping, which is with me. He jumped on the bed, squashing my body.

"I missed you buddy!" He says, messing with my hair.

Footsteps came running towards us and I felt more weight on top of me, "Welcome back, boys!!" It was Niall in his muscle top and obey hat. The two other lads joined the fun and we wrestled with one another.

We were so noisy that the hotel personnel had to knock on our door and advice us to quiet down since we're not the only persons checked-in on that floor. That was embarrassing since we're a bunch of 19-21 year olds and not 5th graders.

Liam said there was an awesome bar just down town and it would be great to have some stress-free time before we go back to work. And so we got dressed up in our casual clothes, sponsored by Penshoppe.

I wore this cream shirt with red stripes on it. Harry wore a checkered polo. Zayn wore a plain white shirt covered by his varsity jacket. Liam had his long-sleeved muscle shirt on. And Niall was in his dark blue v-neck.

"This would probably be the last time we get to drink before we tour North America." Harry enunciates, raising a bottle of beer.

18 is the legal age in Europe for a person to be able to drink. But in the States, you should be over 21, which none of us was.

"Here's to us!" Our bottles clinked and we drank to our heart's content. Well except for Harry. He was only having one bottle. This is uncommon. He's usually the one who gets all fuzzy wuzzy. I'm guessing something serious came up back in his hometown, and it made him act like this.

As soon as Liam, Zayn and Niall were on the dance floor, I sat beside Harry and tried to talk him out.

"Someone's not in the mood today." My hand rubbed his back as I saw him in a blank expression.

He regained consciousness before speaking, "It's happening again, mate. Damn it."

I got confused and I didn't really know what he's talking about. "Uhh- I'm lost."

He looked at me, his face turning red as if he had drank 12 bottles. "She was there. The same person that I fell in love with." I saw his eyes fill up with tears.

Right.. Now I understand. I've been helping Harry with his love issues in the past months. He told me he wanted to forget about the girl whom he knows he could never have, so I hooked him up with all the other girls in town. It was my chance of returning the favor after he hooked me up with Eleanor, which I will never regret.

"How could she act so normal? If only she knew it still hurts.. A lot." His voice broke and his teeth clenched in anger- or regret.

I refilled my glass, pouring some more vodka, "That's cause she values your friendship. Would you rather be in the position where you two have completely forgotten about each other? Or would it be better if you acted cool and pretended like nothing happened and still be yourselves?"

"I'd rather die than not be with her." Harry stood up and left me there alone. I saw him walk his way to the dance floor, disappearing in the crowd.

Niall came up to me, panting. He looks drunk yet he seems to be having so much fun. Opposite of what Harry is feeling. I remember the good times when we usually make a prank on whoever's the most out of himself in the band and make that person spill out secrets no one knew. They say it's a fact that drunk people usually tell the truth the most.

"This party is feverish! Whooo!" He yells, trying to top the intensity of the music. "Where's curly top?" He puts his hand under his chin, his elbows resting on the table.

"Went out to get some fresh air." I replied.

"Ohh.. Someone's worri bout his feeling, aight? I'm guessing he fall for my girl all over ag-en!" He slurred, making it difficult for me to infer on his thoughts. Before I could even respond, Niall passed out, his head sliding down his arm.

I thought his relationship with Abbie was done? I mean he tried hanging out with other girls like Demi Lovato. Then he even brought Zoe Whelan to his brother's wedding. Geez. I thought Harry was the only one with the serious problem. Niall's was worst.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441 16 12
Jasmine and her friend Riley head over to London for the summer. They don't expect what happens to them as reality. Jasmine falls in love with a guy...
219K 1.6K 34
He's her best friend. He's her worst nightmare. The choice is obvious, but she is torn.
906K 14K 55
When two different worlds collide..
1.9K 25 8
Violet Moore, a hopeless romantic finds herself on a blind date with her cousin Harry’s sexy best friend Zayn Malik. Though the date is a disaster an...