Greek Runaway

By ImaginaryCherry

It was a normal day in Egypt where King Ahkmenrah ruled. Until a girl no one knows and know one has ever seen... More

Hey, Fam
ένας(One)
δυο(Two)
τρία(Three)
τέσσερα(Four)
πέντε(Five)
έξι(Six)
ετττά(Seven)
οκτώ(Εight)
εννέα(Nine)
δέκα (Ten)
έντεκα(Eleven)
δώδεκα(Twelve)
δεκατρείς(Thirteen)
δεκατέσσερα(Fourteen)
σεκαττέντε(Fifteen)
δεκαέξι(Sixteen)
δεκαετττά(Seventeen)
δεκαοχτώ(Eighteen)
δεκαεννέα(Nineteen)
είκοσι(Twenty)
Είκοσι ένα(Twenty One)
Εικοσι δυο(Twenty Two)
Εικοσι τρια(Twenty Three)
Εικοσι ΤΕΣΣΕΡΑ(Twenty Four)
Είκοσι πέντε(Twenty Five)
Εικοσι εξι(Twenty Six)
Είκοσι επτά (Twenty Seven)
Είκοσι οχτώ(Twenty Eight)
Είκοσι εννέα(Twenty Nine)
Τριάντα(Thirty)
Τριάντα ένα (Thirty One)
Τριάντα δύο(Thirty Two)
Τριάντα τρία(Thirty Three)
Τριάντα τέσσερα(Thirty Four)
Τριάντα ττέντε(Thirty Five)
Τριαντα έξι (Thirty Six)
Τριάντα εφτά (Thirty Seven)
Τριάντα οκτώ(Thirty Eight)
Τριάντα εννέα(Thirty Nine)
Σαράντα(Forty)
Σαράντα ένα(Forty One)
Σαράντα δύο(Forty Two)
Σαράντα τρία(Forty Three)
Σαράντα τέσσερις(Forty Four)
Σαράντα πέντε(Forty Five)
Σαράντα έξι(Forty Six)
Σαράντα επτά(Forty Seven)
Σαρανταοκτώ(Forty Eight)
Σαράντα εννέα(Forty Nine)
Πενήντα(Fifty)
Πενήντα ένα(Fifty One)
Πενήντα δύο(Fifty Two)
Πενήντα δύο(Fifty Three)
Πενήντα τεσσάρων(Fifty Four)
Πενήντα πέντε(Fifty Five)
Πενήντα έξι(Fifty Six)
Πενήντα επτά(Fifty Seven)
Πενήντα οκτώ(Fifty Eight)
Πενήντα εννέα(Sixty)
Εξήντα ένα(Sixty One)
Εξήντα δύο(Sixty Two)
Εξήντα τρία(Sixty Three)
Εξήντα τέσσερα(Sixty Four)
Εξήντα πέντε(Sixty Five)
Επίλογος(Epilogue)

Πενήντα εννέα(Fifty Nine)

608 13 0
By ImaginaryCherry

3rd Person's POV

"I can't really see much. We could jump down, hope for the best." Jedediah suggested as they looked out of another grate they had ended up walking to.

"But we have no idea what's down there," Octavius said. After being said they heard a thumping throughout the vent.

"We don't know what's up here, either," Jedediah said before they jumped down.

"This is a Roman city. I can feel the familiar pull of history in its very foundations." Octavius said looking around.

"Where the heck is everybody?" Jedediah asked because the miniature city was empty apart from the cowboy and Roman.

"I've seen this town before, I'm sure of it," Octavius concluded.

"Romans?" Jedediah yelled.

Larry had continued to lead the group through the Asia section of the British Museum. Lancelot walled next to Nicky.

"I see you have the name of a lady on your arm," Lancelot commented.

"Andrea. Yeah."

"So this Lady Andrea is your Guinevere. Does any man stand between you and your ladylove?"

"Yeah, actually. My dad kind of messed things up the other night." Nicky explained.

"Nick." Lancelot started, grabbing Nicky's shoulder.

"Oh, we're stopping."

"Let no man stand between you and your destiny."

"Oh, 'destiny' may be overstating it a bit. We just have calculus together. It's more one of those...fleeting moments of eye contact. 'Who's gonna look away first?' But I get you. No man..." Nicky said to Lancelot.

"Good."

"Okay."

Jedediah and Octavius had walked to the edge to find the name of the familiar city.

"'Iiepwop.'" Octavius said.

"Iiepwop," Jedediah repeated, trying out the foreign word.

"Doesn't ring a bell."

"Now who's this son of a gun?" Next Jedediah asked tapping Octavius and pointing to a statue across from them.

"Pompeii!" The statue yells.

"I'm sorry. I'm having trouble hearing you!" Octavius yelled.

"Pompeii!"

"No comprendo, amigo...because you got the thing in front of you!" Jedediah tried to yell.

"What are they doing?" Octavius asked Jedediah, pointing at miniatures running away from Iiepwop.

"Where in the blazes are they stampeding off to?" Jedediah asked Octavius. "Was it something we said?" He asked yelling at the people running away while laughing.

"Come on back to Iiepwop! There's plenty of room!"

"Come on back! They're as crazy as road lizards."

"People are strange," Octavius concluded.

Back in Asia, the group touring through was stopped by a little golden statue.

"Hey, guy. We're just passing through." Larry said. The little guy kept mumbling in his high-pitched voice.

"It's a Garuda from Tibet," Teddy informed.

"A Garuda? Hi, Garuda. How you doing?" Larry asked it.

"Garuda! How you doing?" The Garuda said mimicking Larry.

"Cool, great. Okay. We just..." Larry started to go through but the Garuda stepped in his way. "You know what? We just got to get through. I don't have time. Please. Okay." The Garuda continued to step in front of Larry's path for a while until Larry was done with the Garuda. "I'm not gonna play this game with you. I got to go through. Really." They all started to walk up the steps the Garuda was blocking then Larry saw a curled-up dangerous-looking creature. "Get back," Larry told them. Everyone went to one side of the opening. Including the Garuda.

"A dragon." Lancelot decided.

"No, it's not a dragon. It's a...It's a Xiangliu. Mythical snake demon." Larry said after reading the little information box about it.

"It looks like a dragon. I say we kill it."

"What? No, it's asleep."

"You're right. It's not very sporting to kill it while it's asleep. Let's wake it up and then kill it. I shall go first, and I shall take the boy." Lancelot suggested.

"What are you...? No! You're not gonna take the boy."

"Why not?"

"Because he's a boy!"

"Larry, there comes a time in every man's life... when he must slay his own dragon," Lancelot argued.

"Not this kid, all right? He still hasn't finished all his thank-you notes from his bar mitzvah. Anyway, that's just an expression." Larry said.

"Not where I come from."

"He's not gonna slay his dragon right now. We're gonna go around it. We're gonna go around now, or else we're gonna lose the signal. Come on." Larry said and they all started to go around the edge.

Jedediah and Octavius were still trying to converse with the statue behind the glass.

"Iiepwop," Octavius said.

"Pompeii!" The statue yelled again.

"Iiepwop. Are you sure you're reading that right, pal?" Jedediah asked seeing the reflection in the glass of the statue.

"Pompeii!" The statue yelled one more time. Suddenly they heard a rumbling and they looked over at a volcano that's starting to erupt.

"Oh, Pompeii," Octavius said before they started running away from the lava.

In the Asia department, Ahkmenrah's tablet started to become covered in the green rust while they were still passing the Xiangliu. The tablet made Ahkmenrah weak, making him fall, to be caught by Larry.

"'Ask not what your country can do for you...Ask what you can do for your country.' There it goes again!" Teddy said waking up the Xiangliu. The snake demon looked at Attila, making him scream.

"Attila! Teddy!" Larry yelled, holding a falling Ahkmenrah. Larry looked over and saw Katalina extremely pale, almost transparent.

"Charge!" Teddy yelled.

"Whoa!" Larry said as he caught Katalina, putting Ahkmenrah closer to the floor.

"Fantastic! It's awake! Now we can kill it!"

"Attila!" Larry yelled as Attila started running and screaming.

"Dad!" Nicky yelled from the other side of the Xiangliu

"Nicky!" Larry yelled wanting to help, but also wanting to stay and help his friends, mainly because he was holding Katalina, and Attila was hiding behind him.

"I'll get the boy!" Lancelot yelled. He went over to Nicky holding out a blade. "Ever used a blade?"

"Only in World of Warcraft!" Nicky yelled as Lancelot handed him the blade.

"You're about to learn." One of the heads of the Xiangliu noticed Teddy standing still, it started to go for him but Larry lunged for it grabbing its head.

"'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!'" Teddy said. "'Doing a heck of a job, Brownie.'"

"Behind you!"

"Duck!" Nicky ducked as Lancelot told him to, he uses his back then as a way to get around him.

At Pompeii, Jedediah and Octavius continued to run from the lava so they would not melt, until they were up against a wall and had nowhere else to go.

"Last roundup, kemosabe! Time to slap on the barbecue sauce, boy!" Jedediah said. Suddenly they heard a noise and looked up seeing a figure form through the ash of the volcano.

"What?" Octavius asked. The figure appeared through the smoke and ash, and it was Dexter, who was getting ready to pee out the lava.

"No, no! You wouldn't!" Jedediah yelled.

"He must!" Octavuis said to Jedeidah.

While fighting the Xiangliu, Larry realized they were losing the fight, and they needed to get to Egypt and they were stuck in Asia and not getting anywhere. He noticed that there was a defibrillator off to the side. He ran over to it, put it on his back, and ran back to the Xiangliu.

"Clear!" He yelled as he stepped on one of the heads he jumped as the defibrillator was charging and landed on the main part shocking it just before one of the heads got to him.

"We must never speak of what happened here today," Octavius said to Jedediah, as they were now covered in pee. Dexter peed on them again.

"Come on! That wasn't necessary! It's out!" Jedediah yelled.

"These things really do save lives," Larry said relieved.

"Are you all right?"

"Are you all right, my dear?" Teddy asked.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, thanks."

"You fought bravely, sire. One day, I promise you, we shall drink dragon's blood from the victor's cup." Lancelot promised.

"I'm good with just, like, soda or water, too. But I like the energy we got going." Nicky said.

"From now on, you must choose your own path. And let no man tell you otherwise." Lancelot told Nicky as they shook hands.

"We better let Larry know we're okay," Jedediah said as they walked over to Dexter. "Turn around. Larry's probably worried about us." Dexter turned around and Jedediah and Octavius took a selfie to send to Larry.

"How are we going to find them now?" Ahkmenrah asked Larry after Larry picked up his now smashed phone.

"Ahkmenrah," Katalina said getting his attention because she had stayed as transparent as she was while the tablet was acting up.

"Lawrence? I fear we've turned a corner. I'm becoming wax again, son, and Katalina is disappearing." Teddy said showing him his now nonmoving hand.

"All right. We'll look for them later. We got to get to Egypt now." Larry decided.

"Wait, shouldn't we keep looking for Jed and Octavius?" Nicky asked.

"Nick is right. A true knight never shirks his duties." Lancelot agreed

"If we don't get to Egypt soon we're not gonna save anybody," Larry concluded

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.4K 2.2K 13
Nathan Jung loves visiting the American Museum of Natural History as much a boy his age enjoys video games. But after finding himself locked in one n...
62.6K 1.4K 18
A teenage girl runs to the museum every night for the safety from her parents. It was the same thing every night, talking to the Pharaoh while he sti...
35.9K 1.1K 34
❝you know, you're pretty cute, considering you're 4,000 years old.❞ ❝thank you?❞ luna clair loves museums. she loves history, mythology, all that old...
20K 456 15
Snow is an 19 year old girl, going to NYU. She has a big project to write essays and reports on the artifacts and entries of the American Museum of N...