Finding Max (boyxboy)

By MissSuperDaniels

Gunnar is the Beta of the Hemmingway Pack when their territory is threatened. At the same time the Marrok Pac... More

Prologue. Problems in North Dakota (pic: Gunnar)
Chapter 1. Christmas shopping (pic: Max)
Chapter 2. Settling In (pic: March's)
Chapter 3. Charmed (pic: Lenny & Aggie)
Chapter 4. Game Plan (pic: Marte & Karll)
Chapter 5. Overwhelmed (pic: Kate & Magnus)
Chapter 6. Heart Palpitations
Chapter 7. Glow
Chapter 8. Max comes out
Chapter 9. Meet the Greys
Chapter 10. Little Brother
Chapter 11. Gone Wolf
Chapter 12. Explanations
Chapter 13. Coffee Break
Chapter 14. Meet the Pack
Chapter 15. A Wolves Rank
Chapter 16. Valentine's Day
Chapter 17. Rogue Thieves in the Dark
Chapter 18. Mind. Blown.
Chapter 19. A Deadly Mistake
Chapter 20. Scented
Chapter 21. Leo
Chapter 23. The Beginnings of Panic
Chapter 24. Caught
Chapter 25. Changed
Chapter 26. End
Epilogue (D:)
Help me out?

Chapter 22. A Lot to Absorb

23.4K 1K 66
By MissSuperDaniels

[A/N: Gunnar in the side pic. Again, thanks to YumNakedLarry for the enthusiasm. :D

Dedicated to my little sister Delevigxne! She joined wattpad yay! Unlike me, she was the kind to be writing as a child.]

Max's POV

I drove while Leo put his shoes on in the passenger seat. When finished, he held his jacket in his lap and sighed into the silence. I continued driving for another 15 minutes before pulling up at a small diner and getting out. He followed me and we found seats, awkwardly reading the menu. We hadn't said anything since we left the house.

Finally I put down the menu and glanced around the diner, inhaling to catch the scents. Leo watched me curiously out of the corner of his eye and I knew he as wondering about my enhanced senses.

"How come I don't have super powers or anything like that?" He put down his menu and looked at me enquiringly just as the waiter came over. I inhaled again but didn't find any wolfy scents or my aunts scent. We ordered and the waiter took off to the kitchen to get our drinks. I tried to remember what Marte had told me.

"You haven't changed yet. Before a werewolf changes, you would never know what they are. Not even other wolves would know unless they, you know, already knew..." I trailed off stupidly.

"Oh."

We were silent until the waiter brought back our drinks and I remembered when Gunnar ordered for me on Valentines. It seemed like a good place to start.

"So, first off, all wolves are dominant and submissive except the Alpha. He's Just Alphic. Did Magnus tell you about that?"

He nodded slowly. "Somewhat. I think I know what that means." I nodded.

"Males are born dominant and females are born submissive, but occasionally it happens the other way around. You will be one of those rare male subs as far as we can tell. Which means you will most likely have a dominant male mate." I frowned, "Is this making any sense?" I bit my lip and wondered if I was any good at this. It sounded like gibberish to me.

He stared at me in horror. "You mean I'm gay!" He yelled. The diner went silent and we sank in our seats until the chatter picked up again.

He slowly sat up in his seat, looking absolutely miserable. "Not only is the gay thing, um, shocking, but so is the fact that male subs aren't common. Am I a freak? What if they don't like me? And by mate do you mean I have no choice? I have to be with a guy?"

I sighed and pouted when I realised that I was really bad at this.

"You're not a freak. I know two male subs, one has a female dom mate and one has a male dom mate. They're both incredibly happy from what I could tell." I paused, wondering if I should ask, but it was now weighing on my mind. "Would it be so bad to be gay?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. I've never considered it. I didn't have any problem with you and Gunnar, I just..." He twisted his hands and glanced around the diner, "I just never thought about it. Now that I think about it, I never really noticed girls either." He lowered his head. "I wonder if I'm asexual." 

I nibbled my lip and kinda wished he hadn't went there.

"Um, the mark acts as an erogenous zone. Like a hot spot." He looked puzzled at my statement and I felt like face palming. Of course, he didn't know what a mark was.

"A mark is a bite your mate gives you to warn others that your taken." Then a thought occurred to me. My face burned. "You know asexual means no sex drive. Have you never, uh, touched yourself?" He blushed and shook his head and we both looked away from each other determinedly. 

I stared out the window and watched the people across the street, trying to distract myself. One lady walked out of a beauty shop and seemed to be extra careful as she closed her purse, gingerly avoiding touching her nails. A man in a fedora hat leaned against the window of the smoke shop and seemed to be looking at the diner we were in, as if wondering if he should eat here. 

When the fire in my cheeks was put out, I turned back to Leo. He was looking at a guy a few booths down and across from us with a calculating eye. I blushed when I realised he was checking him out.

"I thought you weren't gay?"

He jumped guiltily. "I'm not. Well, I don't know. I mean, I've never really noticed, so I thought I'd check." I raised an eyebrow.

"So what's the verdict?"

He fidgeted. "He's okay, but I don't think I'm attracted to him." I took a look.

"Well no wonder. He's like thirty years older than you."

"Hey! He's not bad looking. He's kinda, debonair." We stared at each other before breaking out in snickers. Our food showed up and we dug in. Leo threw in questions between bites and I answered to the best of my abilities. I explained to him the marking but told him he would have to ask Gunnar how a wolf knows their mate. Or his mom. She seemed to know a lot.

After we finished I payed and we headed out onto the street. Leo turned to speak to me when his eyes widened and he shrank away. I turned and saw why. The man in the fedora was standing there, and he was big and dominant. And clearly a wolf. But his scent was different. It lacked something that Magnus pack had and it made all my instincts scream for me to run.

Before I could draw my next breath he grabbed my arm and grabbed Leo's before he dragged us around the corner.

"What the hell! Who the fuc-" He snarled so violently my knees gave out. He growled out in frustration and I noticed Leo had fallen to his as well. 

"Just shut up and maybe you won't die anytime soon!" He went through our pockets and crushed our phones.

The next moment we were both picked up and thrown into the trunk of an old car. The upside to this was that there was enough room for two. Barely. The downside was that there was no emergency handle to let us out. 

And the fact that we were in the trunk of what I am sure is a rogues car.

Leo whimpered beside me.

"Max? Who's that?" He whispered in my ear.

"I think that's a rogue." I tested the trunks surface, looking for an escape when the engine started. I froze when the rogue spoke.

"Don't give me any trouble and maybe I'll go easy on you." The car pulled out as he spoke and I knew Leo hadn't heard him. He had spoken normally and the cars roar made him hard to hear without enhanced senses. I glanced at Leo to see him shaking. Instead of trying to open the trunk I pulled him into my arms, remembering that if he was threatened enough he could change early. 

I really didn't want that to happen while we were both locked in a cramped trunk. Leo's teeth chattered as he spoke and I realised he was going into shock.

"This is probably the worst day of my life. It's too much Max. It's too much to absorb."

I held him tighter and rubbed his back. "Gunnar said he would call me. When I don't answer he'll look for me. We'll be fine Leo. We'll be fine."

I tried to believe that and silently begged Gunnar to hear me.

 [I actually like this chapter. I don't know. Something about Max and Leo's conversation.]

[A note on asexuals. (Since this seems to be a topic a lot of you need to correct me on) My sister is asexual and has absolutely no sex drive. There are different ways to interperate asexuality but here are some dictionary definitions.

Asexuality (or nonsexuality) is the lack of sexual attraction to anyone, or low or absent interest in sexual activity.

a·sex·u·al

āˈsekSH(əw)əl/

adjective

1. without sexual feelings or associations.

"she rested her hand on the back of his head, in a maternal, wholly asexual, gesture"

noun

1. a person who has no sexual feelings or desires.

This is my sister people! This is my exposure to asexuality. Yes it can go the other way as well but so what! 

Alright, rant over. I'll post this on my page as well. I'm sure y'all that tried to correct me meant well but just don't. Believe me, I read dumb stories with dumb writers all the time and I resist the urge. You can too.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 9.2K 47
Cassandra Jefferson has been bullied her entire life,she is classified as clumsy although she is the most graceful vampire there ever is "They are ju...
3.2K 104 17
Mikey is injected a refined version of the mutagen by the Kraang and is made prisoner for 3 weeks in dimension X, after the rescue, his family have t...
2.3K 112 22
With an overbearing mother and a scheming brother breathing down his neck, new Alpha Elijah is desperate to find a mate and solidify his leadership i...
106K 3.3K 32
Alpha Female Omega Male °°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°°----°°°° ~Breaking-Stereotypes~ Alpha Arya finds her sweet little mate who happen...