Best Friend's Father

Per sparklehaze

Ashton Irwin never expected to fall in love with his son's best friend Luke Hemmings, but that's the funny th... Més

Redder than Sebastian from the Little Mermaid.
You only want me for my money
I think you'd be great with a sponge
Girl problems
I like the pain
Cloud Nine
shame game
Drama queen
In dreamland
Like some lovesick teenager
Bone crushing
Something anything
Creep
Butterflies
Rainbow
Forever and always
Fancy
Hopeful eyes
Nicknames
Happy
Settle
Celebrate
Say
Madly in love
Promise
Forgive
Cry
We never stopped
A/N
His two boys
shame game part 2
Cloud of happiness
Like teenagers
Home
Judge
Play
Figure it out
Gem
Dream
HELP
Epilouge

Disgust

4.8K 228 274
Per sparklehaze

Calum was tangled in his lover's arms as they laid on the cold hood of the car trying to find constellations in the warm night sky.

Green Day was on softly in the background as they looked upwards at the twinkling dots.

"What do constellations even look like?" Michael asked wrapping his arms around Calum a little tighter as a chilly breeze blew.

"I have no idea," Calum confessed

"Then what the fück are we doing?" Michael asked

"Looking at the pretty stars, relishing each other while listening to music. You know, the usual," Calum shrugged giggling.

"You Calum Irwin, are a proper snap," Mikey teased kissing his boyfriend's temple sweetly.

"Was that even proper English?" Calum joked

"Shut up. I bought you Coke, you should be happy," Mikey said

"I am. Very happy," Calum hummed snuggling just a bit closer his Michael.

=•=

Calum woke up Saturday morning knowing it was time.

It's been a week or so since he's been home and his parents have given him enough time.

He walked into the kitchen, making everyone strawberry chocolate chip pancakes and coconut waffles and setting the table nicely.

Jennifer and Ethan were at sleep overs and the others usually slept in late on Saturdays. Calum did too, but today was different.

He first heard heavy sure footsteps walk into the kitchen and immediately knew it was his dad.

He took a cup and filled it with the freshly brewed coffee he made and added one teaspoon of both sugar and milk, just that way his dad liked it.

At least he hoped.

Ashton was shocked, coming into the kitchen in just his black robe with his boxers on underneath and seeing his son with a cup in his hand and a plate of food awaiting him.

He cocked an eyebrow silently accepting the cup and sitting down.

"Is mom coming?" Calum asked and Ashton sighed. Honestly, he didn't sleep in his shared bedroom with Charlie. He slept in the guest room, where the sheets smelt like his baby boy.

But he couldn't tell Calum that, he didn't want to worry the teen even more after seeing the stressed out face Calum was sporting.

"I think she's still sleeping. She's up around this time though," Ashton said

"Okay," Calum replied quietly hoping his mum was already up.

He didn't have to wait long because he heard soft footsteps coming down the stairs and repeated the procedure.

He poured the piping hot liquid but added three teaspoons of sugar and no milk for his mother, hoping that's what she liked.

She entered the kitchen mirroring the same expression as Ashton but took her cup gratefully.

She sat down opposite Ashton on the dinning table trying to avoid looking at him.

She sipped her coffee and grimaced.

"Did you add sugar?" She asked

"Isn't that how you like it? With sugar?" Calum asked nervously

"I used to. I add honey now, but it's okay," she said putting the mug aside.

Seeing that Charlie was now here, Ashton began to carefully cut his pancakes.

"So what's new Calum," Ashton asked

"I have something important to say and before I do, I want you to know I love you both, very much," Calum said

"Go on," Charlie said

"I'm gay," Calum said coming right out. Literally.

There was a deadly pause where everything seemed silent and Calum started freaking out. This was what he wanted to avoid.

The feeling of rejection that was inevitable.

"That's great. I'm happy for you," Ashton said finally.

He didn't have a problem with it. To be fair, he was dating someone, a male, too.

"Thanks dad," Calum smiled gratefully.

Everyone looked at Charlie now. Her pancakes were left untouched like her waffles and she stared at her son with a horrified expression.

Crap.

"Tell me you're joking," she whispered

"I won't joke about something like this," Calum said

"Calum, I don't know what you want me to say," she said hesitantly choosing her words carefully.

"You don't have to say anything but just tell me you still love me," Calum pleaded desperate.

"I'll always love you, but I can't love this phase of yours," she sighed

"Phase? He likes boys and that's completely okay Charlie. Love is love," Ashton defended

"No! You see this is what I'm trying to avoid. We're always fighting and now Calum's gay," she snapped

"I'm sorry if I am a disappointment but I just want you to accept me," Calum said quietly fiddling with the end of his shirt - Michael's shirt.

"This family is falling apart oh my goodness, I can't believe this is happening," Charlie muttered

"And I can't believe you could be so ignorant. So what he likes a boy. It's the same love as with a girl," Ashton huffed really tired of his wife's attitude.

"It's a boy Ashton. A damn boy!" She yelled getting up and walking out.

Just before she can round the corner however, she turned around and faced her family.

"We are going to church every single Sunday from now and Calum you're grounded until you get over this phase or whatever this is," she huffed flying up the stairs and slamming her bedroom door shut.

Calum didn't even realize silent tears were tumbling down his cheek until he let out a noise that was crossed between a cow dying and an airplane taking off.

"Oh Calum," Ashton said taking the heartbroken boy into his arms, something he hadn't done in a while.

Calum's heart wasn't broken by his boyfriend, it was broken my his mother and he didn't think he could pick the fragments back up.

He sobbed hysterically into his father's robe, clutching the material helplessly as he cried.

"It'll be okay baby," Ashton whispered as he kissed Calum's hair.

"It won't," Calum kept repeating over and over, even when the tears stopped and he was left hiccuping bitterly.

=•=

"Hello?" Charlie asked tiredly. Ashton was in the living room watching tv, he hasn't spoken to her all day so she was in the bedroom taking a nap.

"Hi Charlie," Liz's cheerful voice said

"Oh hello Liz. What's up," Charlie asked

"I called to ask you something about Calum and Luke," she said and Charlie frowned confused.

Didn't she tell Luke to stay away from Calum? So why was his mother calling. Unless Luke told his mum what happened and she's trying to figure out why.

"Okay. What about them?" Charlie asked

"I think that they're dating," Liz replied holding her breath. Meanwhile Charlie's breath caught in her throat.

"Dating? Why do you say that?" She asks trying to mask the horror in her voice.

"I mean, Luke always says he's going to Calum's and he's always coming back with hickies and I think they're dating Charlie. Isn't that great?" Liz asked excited. Luke dating Calum was good. They were friends for so long, they know everything about each other.

"Amazing," Charlie lied biting her tongue. She was disgusted that this was happening. It was probably all Luke's fault, he corrupted her son. He turned him gay and he was the blame of this.

Liz began to ramble on how Calum and Luke make a cute couple but Charlie couldn't help the feeling of disgust and utter shame that she had because she had a homosexual living under her roof. And then her own husband was siding with Calum, making him think that being gay is okay.

She was appalled at what her family had become.

The views of Charlie are not my views on homosexuality. I have no problem with it and I am really happy for all those straight, gay and lesbian couples who found love regardless of their gender.

For story purposes, Charlie has to be like this.

Where have my main commenters gone? I miss y'all.

But vote and comment lots anyways 💖

Byeeeee 💕

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

2.5K 149 25
"Wanna take a ride home with me?" I blushed. "Sure," --- When Ashton likes Luke for 3 years in his high school year but he doesn't know how to tell h...
6.8K 271 25
Ashton is suicidal gets beaten by his father and bullied at school for being gay. Luke is very confident has a loving family that accepts him for who...
2.2K 296 29
"Ashton has spoken to me this week, which is great, and I think he's even been flirting with me. But he's still dating Calum, and Michael and I are j...
40.1K 2.1K 28
Calum tells Luke he has a friend he wants to set him up with. He tells Ashton he has a friend he'd like him to meet. He neglects to tell Luke Ashton...