One Strange Family

By Super_Unicorn_Llama

Complete!! When Maleficent finds a wolf pup changed girl in trouble she helps her and takes her in as one of... More

The Wolf Girl
Kingdom Mud Fight
The Attack
Author's Note
The Man in the Cloak
Animus
The Mountain
The Flower
The Hidden Secret Part 1
Author's Note
The Hidden Secret Part 2
The Hidden Secret Part 3
The Hidden Secret Part 4
The Next Day
The Cursed Twins
Back Home
Date Night
Saving William Part 1
Saving William Part 2
The Battle and the Curse
Author's Note
The Curse Part 1
The Curse Part 2
The Curse Part 3
The Curse Part 4
A Sacred Gift
Strangest of All

3 Weeks Later

298 3 5
By Super_Unicorn_Llama

"Where's Godmother?" Aurora asked writing on her notes. "She's still sleeping." Diaval said sitting on a chair in the study where Aurora cane to work. "That's weird. She's usually the first one up. Is she okay?" Aurora said putting her pen down. "She's probably just tired. Don't worry Aurora, this past week has been hard for her. You on the other hand need to put that pen down and come eat." Diaval said grabbing the pen from her hand and putting it down on the desk. "Philip and William are in the kitchen by the way." He said chuckling when she gasped and ran out the door with a slight 'he better not burn down the kitchen.' Diaval went and walked back to the room, he heard the girls laughing in their room and knocked on the door. He heard a quiet 'come in' from one of the girls. He poked his head in to see the girls wrestling. "Girls! What will your mother say." He said chuckling. "She would probably join." Dakota said laughing. Diaval chuckled and started back on his track. He opened the door quietly to his and Maleficent's room. She was still sleeping flat on her stomach, wings spread out, arms under head using them as pillows. He smiled lovingly and walked quietly towards her kissing her on the cheek. She stirred and kept sleeping. Diaval smiled and caressed her cheek with his fingers. She slowly opened her eyes and leaned into his touch. "Had a good rest?" He asked softly. Maleficent sighed and sat up. "What time is it?" She asked looking outside. "It's nearly noon." Diaval said grabbing her hand. "I slept all morning! And you didn't wake me?" She said standing up and heading to the bathroom. Diaval walked after her and wrapped his arms around her waist when she stood in front of the mirror. "I figured you needed rest so I let you sleep." He said kissing her cheek. "I'll wait outside." He said walking into the bedroom and opening the balcony door. Maleficent looked at herself in the mirror. She looked somewhat tired but awake. She shrugged it off and washed her face. She came out wearing a forest green woodland dress with a hood. She wore the hood down, her hair was down and wavy. Diaval walked in and stopped in his tracks. She looked like a mysterious peasant woman. The one you would really want to know. The one that might just lure you into her trap. Or maybe that beautiful maiden you love. The one you would dream of holding in your arms. Diaval snapped back to earth from the sound of her voice. "I'm sorry?" He said. "How do I look? It's not too much is it?" She asked,one hand raising to rub the back of her neck nervously, biting her bottom lip. That did it. Diaval couldn't take it anymore. He walked up to her and kissed her passionately. She deepened the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck. She pulled back and smirked. "Beautiful." He said kissing her again. She moaned and pulled back again. "I can tell." She said smirking. Diaval chuckled and took her hands in his. "Breakfast?" He said. "That would be nice." Maleficent said smiling.

"I'm telling you I have a feeling. I have to be right, there's no way I'm wrong." Dakota said leaning on a counter in the kitchen. "But how are you sure? How do you even know?" Gina asked looking for a snack. "It happened before. My hearing abilities are never wrong. I'm telling you what I heard says everything." Dakota said grabbing and apple and biting down on it. "What did you hear?" Arietta asked grabbing a spoon for her soup. "I..it's, complicated. But I'm not wrong. I can't be." Gina turned and looked at Dakota confusingly. "What aren't you wrong about?" Came Maleficent's voice from the door. Dakota jumped and choked on a piece of apple. "Nothing." She said coughing. "It's just some gossip I heard. Nothing serious." Maleficent looked at her suspiciously and walked to the counter. "Are you sure?" She asked. "Positive." Dakota said smiling. Maleficent looked at Gina who looked at Dakota and back at her and smiled. "Shall I tell her what I saw before I woke her, girls?" Diaval came in smiling. Dakota sighed in relief that he came in. All three of them shrugged and looked at Maleficent. Diaval chuckled and told Maleficent about him walking in on a bundle of limbs and laughter. Maleficent shook her head and smiled. Mary came in smiling and asking them if they wanted anything. Maleficent seemed to have an appetite for an apple soup, which was very unexpected. "That's possible?" Dakota laughed. Maleficent nodded and sat in a chair next to the counter. "By the way, I like your knew dress." Gina said. "Thank you." Maleficent said. "Your Highness I don't mean to be rude in any way but, you look, different." Mary said shyly. Maleficent looked at her and back at Diaval. He shrugged and looked at Mary. "In what way is that Mary?" He asked. "Well, I don't know but there's something there that's quite different." Mary said looking Maleficent over. Dakota looked at Gina with an 'I told you' look which she shrugged off and rolled her eyes. "Hmm, I don't feel any different. Maybe it's because I slept all morning." Maleficent said smiling. Mary nodded and went back to continue cooking the strange soup.

"Mal, are you ok?" Diaval asked worriedly outside the bathroom door in their room. "I'm fine Diaval. I just need a minute." She said softly. "Okay, I'll be in the balcony." He sighed and walked out the balcony door. Maleficent was standing in front of the mirror with her head over the sink. 'Come on Mal, hold it together.' She thought. After she ate the soup she ran out the kitchen and into their room just to vomit out what she ate. She locked the door so Diaval wouldn't come in and see her. 'Maybe it was the soup. Maybe Mary cooked it wrong.' She thought of other things that could've lead to her end up with her head over the sink. After a couple more minutes she opened the door and walked over to Diaval who was looking over the village and unto the fields that lead to the Moors. "It's been awhile hasn't it. I've forgotten how it would be like to wake up to the morning rays of the sun." She said softly. Diaval kept looking over to the Moors and smiled. "Yes it has. I hate staying inclosed in walls. It makes me feel trapped." He said turning to her. Maleficent wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head on his shoulder. "Well now you can imagine how I feel." Diaval caressed her hair and hugged her. "Are you okay?" He asked, worry showing in his voice. "Yes, I guess the soup didn't go down well for my stomach." Maleficent said smiling up at him. He kissed her forehead and hugged her tighter. "Diaval." Maleficent said, fear shaking her voice. It made Diaval pull back and worry over the expression on her face. "What's wrong?" He said trying not to panic. "Its tomorrow. The birthday." Maleficent said tears welling up in her eyes. "What are we gonna do?" She said trying to hold a sob that was dying to come out. Diaval thought and hugged her again. "I don't know." He said hugging her tighter. Maleficent hugged him back and cried silently on his shoulder.

"Should I tell her? I mean, she should know right?" Dakota asked Gina and Mary who were sitting on top of some barrels. "I think that's a wise choice." Mary said smiling. "Yea, I think that's a good idea." Gina said swinging her legs. Arietta was playing with dough, trying to make something that she could eat but that would be fun to look at. Dakota gasped a realization hit her hard on the face. Shock replaced with fear. "What's wrong Dakota?" Gina said standing up and walking to her sister. "The birthday. It's tomorrow. What am I gonna do. I can't be here. I can't be around people!" Dakota said panicking. "Woah, okay, Dakota calm down. Nothing's happened yet. We're still safe. Let's just go up to Maleficent and Diaval and tell them what you have to tell them and then we'll ask about tomorrow." Gina said trying to calm Dakota with her words. "Right, that's a good idea. Okay. Let's go. Um, Mary, would you watch Arietta for us?" Mary nodded and Dakota walked out the door. Gina looked at Mary and Arietta and walked after Dakota. They arrived at Maleficent and Diaval's room. Dakota hesitated to knock but before she could the door opened and Maleficent appeared. She looked at both the girls and sighed. "Come in." She said quietly.

"Hold on, repeat that one more time." Diaval said who was standing behind Maleficent rubbing her shoulders. Dakota sighed and spoke slowly and carefully. "Ok, Imma say it the easy way. Maleficent, I've been hearing and seeing something strange that involves your body and I think I know the answer." "Alright, what is it?" Maleficent said curiously. Dakota looked at Gina who nodded her head for assurance. Dakota took a deep breathe and started. "Has anything happened lately. Nausea, dizziness, loss of appetite, restlessness?" "A bit of everything except I sleep more and eat strange things, where are you going with this?" Maleficent said questionably. "Ok,well, Ithinkyou'repregnant." Dakota said quickly. "Pardon?" Maleficent said. "I think you're pregnant." Dakota said slowly. Maleficent stared at her like if she grew 2 heads. "I know, I know, it's stupid. But I'm not wrong. I can hear another heart beat in you. So can Gina. We thought at first that it was just a bug or something but then you started to sleep more and glow a little more. So we talked about it and that's when I remembered the first time we met and how I heard another heart beat. And well, I looked into it a little more and it turned out I was right." Dakota said sternly. Maleficent still stared at her without blinking an eye. Dakota gave a worried look to Diaval who kneeled in front of Maleficent and took her hands. "Mal? Are you okay?" He asked rubbing the back of her hands with his thumbs. Maleficent blinked and opened her mouth to say something but nothing came out. "Maybe I should've waited a little more. Not that I would have time anyways." Dakota said looking out the balcony. "No it's just, I didn't think, never mind." Maleficent said smiling and hugged Diaval who hugged her back. "Well then, i guess we should go. Come on Gina, we have a lot of mischief to do." Dakota said taking Gina by the hand and heading out to the garden. "Now what do we do?" Diaval asked laying his head against Maleficent's stomach. "I don't know Diaval." She said sliding her fingers through his hair.

"Why didn't you tell them?!" Gina said pacing around the bench Dakota sat on. "I didn't want to ruin the moment okay!" Dakota said throwing her hands in the air. Gina sighed and sat down next to her kicking a rock behind some bushes. "Did you notice what she said? She didn't think what?" Dakota said looking at a butterfly fly by. "Who didn't think what?" Aurora asked from behind. The girls looked back at her, shock written on their faces. "Aurora, I thought you- hold on where were you all morning?" Dakota said curiously. "Oh I was making sure Philip didn't burn down the kitchen, then I went to finish signing some letters, and then I spent some time with William and Philip. They've gone horse riding, Philip said he wanted to teach William how to hunt." Dakota chuckled and scooted a bit to let Aurora sit next to them. "Now, who didn't think what?" Aurora asked, curiosity glinting in her eyes. "Oh, Maleficent. I uh, figured out she was um, pregnant." "What! And no one told me anything!" Aurora said standing up from the bench. "Well we kinda told her in secret. In her room, with Diaval. But that's not the point, the point is she didn't think what?" Dakota sighed and passed a hand through her hair. "I didn't think I would get pregnant." Came a voice from behind them. "Ah! Godmother!" Aurora said laughing. "What? All I did was talk." Maleficent said chuckling. "What do you mean you didn't think you would get pregnant?" Dakota asked confusingly. "Well, I haven't had my um, monthly cycle for a few months so I thought maybe something happened." Maleficent said sitting down on the bench. "Why didn't you tell us?" Aurora said. "I didn't want to worry you." Maleficent said. "Mother, we have to tell you something." Dakota started. "You're birthday is tomorrow. I know." Maleficent said caressing both Gina's and Dakota's heads. Aurora gasped and sat on the ground. "I've forgotten about it." She said softly. She gasped again noticing that Maleficent wore something different. "Godmother, you're wearing a hood." Maleficent chuckled and nodded. "Yes, I wanted to wear something different today." "It's beautiful." Aurora said looking her over. Suddenly a forcing pain shot through Dakota's head making her yell and fall to the floor on her knees. Her eyes changed quicker than before and her fangs grew out. Maleficent used her magic to numb the pain and help her focus. After a minute Dakota laid on the ground and turned towards the sky. "I have to get out of here. It's not safe." She said sternly. Maleficent sighed and stood up. "I'll check where you can go." With that she walked away into the castle and disappeared. "Are you okay?" Gina asked softly. Dakota looked at her and back up at the sky. "It comes and goes. I have to leave. You guys aren't safe while I'm here. Especially with our birthday coming up. I should've left days ago." Aurora and Gina looked at each other with worried looks and laid on the ground with Dakota, all three looking up at the sky. "Well we'll stay with you until you leave." Aurora said. "You know mother never told me why the Moors wasn't safe anymore. I never understood." She said sitting up. Dakota looked up at her and back to the sky, finding a cloud shaped like a dog. "It just wasn't. She had a feeling that something was going to happen. I guess she was right. Me. But then again we still haven't found the person, if they if are human, that sent the snake. But I never knew who would go against Maleficent. And why? What has she done that makes someone want to kill her. I mean sure cursing a princess, but then saving her, saving a bird, protecting the kingdom, saving a stray wolf and raising it as one of her own, helping me find out who I really am. What was the worst that she did?" Aurora nodded her head in agreement. What was the worst her godmother did? Did she do something that they don't know of? Maybe she would ask. She laid back down and closed her eyes. "All I know is that nobody messes with my godmother and gets away with it. Not if I have a say in it." Dakota smiled and closed her eyes, feeling a breeze come in. She furrowed her eyebrows and opened her eyes. "Do you feel that?" She asked her sisters. Gina and Aurora looked at her with question. Dakota sat up and strained her hearing abilities. Gina did the same, focusing on any strange sound. Maleficent burst out the doors, worry all over her face. Diaval was behind her carrying Arietta.
Dakota looked at Maleficent, eyebrows still furrowed and looked down at the ground. She leaned down and put her ear on the dirt. Her eyes widened and she stood up fast. She looked out onto the fields and gasped. Aurora and Gina stood up as well and looked over to the fields. There were these strange creatures heading straight towards the kingdom. Maleficent reacted quickly and shot a ball of light into the sky, warning the peasants and soldiers and danger was coming. "Aurora, take Arietta with you. Keep her safe." Aurora nodded and ran inside calling the guards to round up the soldiers and meet them at the front of the castle. "Come, I feel we will be going into battle." Maleficent said walking down to the armory.
Gina put on a silver armored suit. It was made to fit her perfectly around her waist with a big chest plate on the front and big shoulder guards. She wore her hair down.
Dakota wore light armor to help her sneak on the enemy. It was styled with a red cape and her arms were covered with light armor. She wore short pants covered in silver and high silver boots. She also wore her hair down.
Maleficent on the other hand had armor mixed between Gina's and Dakota's. She had a green hood over it and her staff in hand. Her wings had armor on the edges and sharp tips at the base of the horns protruding the tips of her wings. Her hair was styled with a braid.
"Well, you guys look like you're ready to fight a thousand kingdoms." Diaval came in the room. Maleficent smirked and crossed her arms. "Where's your armor Diaval?" She asked. "Oh,well, I prefer to go light. Maybe, even under the dragon's hide." Diaval smirked. "It's about time you use your dragon form. Haven't seen since we fought of those bastards." Dakota said grabbing a sword, giving it a few swings. "I would love to see your dragon form." Gina said excitedly. Maleficent chuckled and kissed Diaval on the cheek. "So would I." Gina gasped and looked at them worriedly. "Wait, what about the baby?" Diaval looked at Maleficent with the same amount of worry in his eyes. "Don't worry, I took care of that." Maleficent said smiling. "How?" Dakota asked curiously. "A protection spell. I used it on Arietta after the, situation we had. It'll protect it from anything." Maleficent said raising her hand to her stomach. Diaval and Gina sighed in relief, Dakota chuckling in the background. "Godmother!" Aurora came running in. "It's time. Their near." She said hugging them all. "Please be careful." She said walking out the door.

Outside the castle soldiers stood their ground and the peasants were secured under the castle. Maleficent walked out the castle door and onto the waiting soldiers. Philip came out from the crowd and greeted her. "Your highness, I've sent a messenger to head to my father's kingdom. I came as soon as I heard." He said. "Where's William?" Maleficent asked. "He's with Aurora." Philip said straightening up. Maleficent nodded and looked to the crowd of soldiers waiting to be given a command. "Brave souls of Malora-" she started, "today we will stand against an enemy. I've never seen them in my entire life. But one things straight. They will not take Malora from us!" The crowd started cheering, throwing their arms in the air. "We will fight, we will not give in to this new darkness that threatens us! If they want a fight we will give it to them! We will protect our families, our homes, our kingdom!" She finished. The crowd threw a thunder of cheers. "For Malora!" Philip yelled at the crowd. They all cheered even louder making Maleficent smirk. Diaval walked to stand next to her, ready at her command. "Whenever you're ready, love." He said taking her hand. Maleficent smiled and looked towards the gaining army of. "I can feel their darkness." She said sternly. Diaval looked towards the army and back at her. He squeezed her hand gently and kissed her cheek. "Then we'll fight, together." He smiled. Gina and Dakota stood at the edges of the stairs giving death glares at the army. "Their ugly." Gina said. "Yes they are." Dakota smirked, taking her sword out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 9.1K 15
Tala was the outcast of her pack. All she wanted was to get away from the pack that didn't accept her. She's dealing day to day with being one of a k...
196K 5.7K 9
You are Aurora's older sister, and are cursed when Maleficent comes to Aurora's christening. How will you navigate the struggles of the world? Will y...
3.3M 156K 64
What happens when you wake up and find yourself in Disney World, however, the female leads are males, and the plotline is much darker than you rememb...
610 8 28
A wolf pup wakes up in a forest all alone with no.memories when she suddenly gets a vision causing her to meet a mysterous wolf named Idex. He takes...