The New Kid (A Korrasami Fanf...

By Airtempleavatar

Asami Sato, Bolin, and Mako are three friends, wishing for someone different to come along. When they meet an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Not an update
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Comment
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Not an Update
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Not an update
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
AN
Chapter 33

Chapter 6

16.8K 444 1.4K
By Airtempleavatar

Enjoy :) and comment

Asami watched, biting her cheek. Mako was trying to make Korra laugh.

Who the hell does he think he is??

Asami watched the two teens from across their lunch table, listening to their conversation. She didn't like that Mako was the one making Korra laugh along with Bolin when it should be her doing that.

Asami kept quiet even though she felt like throwing Mako out the window.

Korra giggled. "Really??. Man, I wish I could've been there".

Mako nodded. He turned his head, looking at Asami. He saw her face and frowned.

"You okay, Asami??", he asked. "You look mad".

Korra and Bolin also looked at her. Asami quickly smiled.

"Nope. I'm good".

Korra raised her eyebrow. She stood up and walked over to Asami. The boys watched her sit in front of Asami. Korra stared at the raven haired teen. Asami found this nerve wracking and kinda creepy.

"Can I help you??", Asami asked after a minute had passed in silence.

"Korra. What are you doing??", Bolin asked.

Korra just stared. She suddenly reached out both hands. She grabbed Asami's face with both hands, pulling her closer till their faces were incredibly close. Asami stared at her with wide eyes. Korra stared back.

Final she said, "Be happy", she said in growling animalistic voice.

Asami snickered at the sound. She giggled. Korra stared at her.

"You are.......... very pretty today".

Asami nodded. "Um. Thanks Korra. You are too".

Korra snickered. She looked at Asami again.

"Liar", she whispered grinning.

Asami frowned. "I am not", she said, backing up. "You're beautiful, Korra. How can you not see that??".

Korra smiled and shrugged.

"Not sure. But I know for sure that I'm not pretty at all. I'm not one for beauty".

Korra giggled. "If me and you were in a Disney movie, we'd be Beauty and the Beast".

She pointed at Asami. "Beauty".

Then at herself, grinning. "Beast".

Asami glanced over at the boys who looked shell shocked as she did. Korra thought she was ugly. Asami was not about to let her leave thinking that.

"Follow me", Asami said, getting up.

Korra raised an eyebrow but got uo as well, following her out to a field. The two girls walked around the grassy field. Suddenly Asami turned to Korra, arms crossed. Korra froze for a moment.

"You're beautiful", Asami said. "Trust me. I will never, in the history of history, think or say that you are ugly. You're not anyone would think that and if they don't, well then there's something wrong with their eyes and brain".

Asami smiled. "Trust me when I say that I'm telling the truth. You're beautiful".

Korra suddenly blushed. She dipped her head a little, rubbing her neck.

"Thanks Asami", she said. "That means alot".

Asami nodded. "No problem. I just thought you had to know that you're not at all ugly. Not even close. Just saying".

Korra smiled a little, bringing her hand down to her arm. "C'mon", She said. "Let's get back to the guys".

Suddenly Korra's stomach growled. Korra self-consciously crossed her arms over her stomach, lookimg away. Asami frowned.

"Are you sure you don't wanna eat??", she asked. "I can give you some of my lunch".

Korra smiled and shook her head. Asami noticed that her smile didn't reach her eyes. Actually, Korra's smiles never reached her eyes. It was like she wasn't actually smiling. Not actually happy.

Asami quickly shook out the thought. Of coarse Korra was happy. She was always happy.

"I'm okay, Asami", Korra said, grinning. "I'll eat when I get home".

"Promise??", Asami asked.

Korra laughed.

"Promise".

Suddenly something caught Asami's trained eye.

"Where's you get that bruise on your chest??", she asked.

Korra looked down. Her eyes widened a little. There was a black and blue bruise on her chest. She smiled and waved it off.

"Oh this", she said. "I was playing rough with my cousin".

Korra laughed. "I jabbed him in the gut and he got me right here".

Asami smiled. "Well be careful. I don't want you to get hurt".

Korra pulled up her jacket to hide the bruise.

"Don't want the guys to see and think I'm getting beat up or something".

Asami smiled. "If that were the case, we wouldn't let you leave our sight until who it was was dead".

Korra smiled. "You'd do that??", she asked.

Asami nodded. "Yeah. Now C'mon".

The girls went back to the table area where the guys were waiting.

"There you are guys are", Boin said, grinning. "You won't believe what happened!!".

Asami and Korra looked at eachother then at Bolin.

"What happened?", Korra asked, sitting down.

Bolin was beaming.

"This really cute girl named Opal talked to me just a few minutes ago. She totally likes me".

Bolin looked at Asami, who grinned. His eyes widened, his smile getting bigger.

"She does?!!", he exclaimed.

Asami giggled. "Maybe. I may or may not be friends with her".

Bolin gasped, smiling. He nearly fangirled until Korra spoke up.

"I'm gunna go to the bathroom", she said. "Be right back".

Korra stood up and walked towards the school door. Walking inside, she shit the door, letting out a breath. She looked down at the bruise on her chest. She lightly pressed on it, wincing when pain shot up her chest.

She sighed and walked through the cafeteria. She kept her head down, ignoring the whistling and guys calling after her. She made it out and turned a corner. She headed to the bathroom.

She did her thing. Korra stood in front of the mirror. She looked at the bruise. She pulled up her jacket slowly, covering the bruise. Korra stared at her reflection. She turned and walked out of the room. Swinging the door open, she suddenly stopped and gasped in surprise.

A group of girls stood there. Korra's face paled when they all looked at her, smirking. Korra noticed one of them and froze.

The girl smirked.

"Well", she said. "Look who it is. Long time no see Korra. I missed you. Did you miss me??".

Korra was grabbed by the front of her shirt. The blue eyed girl flinched and turned her head away in fear.

"K-Kuvira. Please. I-I don't want any trouble".

Kuvira Beifong smirked.

"Well I'm nothing but trouble, Korra. You of all people know that. How long have you been going her??".

"A few months", Korra answered, as calmly as she could.

Kuvira looked her over once.

"Well. I think we should give you a welcome gift".

Kuvira frowned, her eyes turning dark and threatening.

"Tell anybody about this", she hissed. "And you're dead".

Korra's eyes widened in fear. The grip on her shirt tightened, a smirk on all the girls' faces. This was not good.
---------------------------------------------

Asami played with her hair in worry.
Bolin sighed.

"Where is that girl??", he asked. "She's been gone for 20 minutes. We all know Korra doesn't take long to go to the bathroom like other girls".

Mako suddenly gasped. Bolin and Asami turned and saw what he saw. They gasped. Asami hurried to stand up.

Korra was walking up to them, holding an icepack to eye. Asami and the guys walked up to her.

"What happened??", Asami asked. "Who did that??".

Korra smiled and forced a laugh.

"Nobody Asami. I'm fine. I slipped in the bathroom. The stupid floor was wet and I hit my face on the edge of the sink right in the eye".

Asami frowned even more. She couldn't help it. She was a worrier.

"Are you sure that's what happened??. I've never heard of someone getting a black eye from a sink. Let me see".

Korra took a step back, holding her free hand up. She took off the icepack. Asami gasped.

"You have a black eye", Mako said. "How did-".

"I just told you", Korra snapped quickly.

The three stared at her in surprise at the harshness in her voice. Korra must've realized this as well because she tensed up, slight panic on her face.

"I'm sorry", she said, scrunching her shoulders up, taking a step back. "I'm didn't mean to snap at you".

Korra bit her lip, wincing. "You mad??".

Mako shook his head. "Why would I be mad??", he asked.

Korra raised an eyebrow.

"You're not??".

Mako shook his head. "I can't be mad at you Korra", he said, smiling.

Korra sighed and looked away.

"Well I'm fine", she said quietly. "So don't make a big deal over it".

The three watched her walked past. Asami suddenly reached a hand out and took hold of her shoulder. Korra turned her head and looked at her.

Asami looked down at her.

"If something like you getting beat up were to happen, you'd tell us, right??. So we can help you".

Korra smiled. "Coarse. You'll be the first I go to for help".

Asami smiled back. She and Korra walked back to the table. Asami knew Korra had lied to them about where her black eye came from but had decided to not push her. She'd let Korra come to them first. Korra said so herself. If she were in any danger, she'd come to Asami.
-----------------------------------------

Asami and Mako grinned. Bolin and Opal smiled at eachother, smiling.

"Well", Asami said, crossing her arms. "I think I deserve a thank you".

Opal raised an eyebrow. "Why??".

"Because I was the one that told you two that you liked eachother. So I take most of the credit for this".

Opal giggled. "Thanks Asami".

"Yeah Asami", Bolin said, smiling. "You're the best. I'll repay you".

Bolin wrapped a strong arm around Opal's shoulders.

"Not sure how, but I will".

Asami smiled. "No problem".

While Bolin and Opal were being all cute and stuff, Asami walked over to some of her other friends.

"Asami", Wan said, smiling. "I didn't know you were a matchmaker".

Asami giggled. "Me neither", she said.

"But for real", Wu said. "Can you hook a guy up??".

Asami smiled. "Maybe".

Suddenly Wan smirked. "Don't look now Asami. Cutie. Nine o'clock".

Asami rolled her eyes and turned her head. She saw Korra walking towards them, her hood up, hands in her pocket. Asami frowned. Korra wasn't smiling. She always smiled.

Korra walked up to the group, quietly slipping in next to Asami. It suddenly went quiet.

"Hey Korra!!", Bolin said, a bit too loudly.

Korra jumped and backed away.

"Y-Yeah??".

The teens looked at eachother.

"Korra", Mako said. "What's wrong??".

Korra shook her head, looking away.

"Just".

She shrugged. "Things have just been against me for the make few days".

"Wanna talk about it??", Asami asked quietly.

Korra shook her head. "No. I'm fine".

She was not fine. Asami looked at the guys. Bolin smirked when he saw the look on her face. Asami nodded.

"Someone's having a bad day", she said. "We'll just have to fix that".

Opal held out balloons to Asami, Bolin, and Mako. Korra raised an eyebrow.

"Where did you get-".

"Shhhhh", Bolin said. "Just stay silent and listen".

Asami sucked in some of the stuff filling up the balloon. She smiled at Korra.

"Oh my gosh".

Her voice was high pitched atnd very annoying. Opal, Wan and Wu snickered.

Asami looked down at Korra.

"Korra is sad guuuuuys. This shouldn't be allowed. She's not the Korra I know. And now she's sad and frowney. Nooo".

Korra's mouth twitched at the corners. She crossed her arms.

Asami sucked in some more helium.

"Korra", she said. "We care about you and we want you to be happy. So stop frowning you partypooper".

"Yeah", Bolin said, his voice lower with the helium. He sounded like he had a stuffy nose.

"My dear dear friend. I have the need to tell you that you are not allowed toheo be sad around us. You aren't allowed and so we must make this disease go away".

"What disease??", Mako joined in, his voice high pitched as well but it sounded weird.

"Korra has a case of sadnessmonia", Bolin said. He took another breath of helium.

"It's highly contagious but very curable with laughter and awesome best friends".

Bolin turned to Korra. He pat her on the head.

"There there my child", he said. "You'll be rid of this monstrous atrocity soon and you'll be laughing and joking around again in no time at all. Now to begin your treatment".

Suddenly Asami, Bolin, and Mako started to sing in their helium voices.

"Cause you had a bad day. You take it one down. You sing a sad song just to turn it around".

Korra slowly smiled. She rolled her eyes.

"You say you don't know. You tell me don't lie. You work on a smile and you go for a ride".

Asami wrapped her arms around Korra from behind. They sounded so annoying, but she could see Korra smiling. It was working. Asami took in some helium.

"You had a bad day", She sang. "The camera don't lie. You're coming back down and you really don't mind".

The three sang together in perfect harmony.

"You had a bad daaay. Oh, you had a bad day".

Bolin cleared his throat as the helium wore off. He looked at Korra and smiled.

"I think I see someone smiling", he said.

The teens laughed. Asami smiled.

"Is someone smiling??", she asked, giggling.

Korra shook her head, giggling.

"You're laughing!!", Asami said, smiling.

Korra giggled and tried to pull away but Asami held on. She shook her head.

"Yes you are", Bolin said, poking Korra in the stomach gently.

Korra shook her head.

"No I'm not. I'm sad".

Asami hugged her, resting her head on Korra's shoulder.

"Is think you're smiling", she whispered.

"Nope", Korra denied, giggling uncontrollably. "I'm saf. Boohoo. Don't look at me. I'm sad I tell you. Sad".

She laughed loudly.

"This isn't laughing. I'm covering it up with a laugh. I'm really really sad".

The teens watched the two girls laugh and go back and forth. Finally, Asami said, "You're happy. Nothing wrong with being cheered up".

She finally pulled away. Korra turned around and smiled and her. Asami smiled back.

"C'mon", she said. "Let's all head to my house".

Korra rubbed her neck, frowning all of the sudden.

"Um", she said. "I can't. I have to go home. My dad doesn't know I have friends yet and he found out that I went over to your house without permission and wasn't very happy".

Asami frowned. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to you get you in trouble".

Korra smiled, shaking her head.

"It wasn't your fault", she said. "You guys didn't do anything to get me in trouble. It wasn't that bad anyway".

Asami nodded. "Alright. Hey. Why don't we go over there and introduce ourselves to your dad".

Korra rubbed her arm slowly.

"Sure. I don't see why not", she said with a shrug and a grin.

The teens got their stuff together and left the school the school. Asami was trying her best not to mention the black eyes Korra was sporting and the busted lip. It was obvious Korra didn't want them to know about it. Her hood had fallen off and they all had seen the bruises.

Asami turned her head to look at Bolin and Mako. The two met her gaze as they walked. Korra pulled her hoodie up, suddenly as they walked outside.

Asami looked at the others. Wan made a silent punching motion and pointed at Korra with a questioning look.

Asami shrugged slightly. She looked at Bolin and Mako.

She mouthed, "We need to talk later".

They boys nodded. Asami looked and Korra who was walking beside her, talking to Opal and Wu. Asami wanted nothing more than to drag Korra to a empty room, lock her in, and force her to tell them what was going on. The bruises were becoming more frequent. Some days they were better hidden than others.

Asami knew something was going on. They and tell were starting to. Something was wrong. Korra probably wasn't a truthful person as they thought. What was going on with her??.

Asami could only assume somthing bad had happened but with no lead or clues, she had no idea. She and the others could only hope an answer would be found for the strange behavior of their friend.

Maybe meeting her dad would give them an idea as to what was going on with Korra. Maybe her dad could help them out.

If only they knew.

Comment what you think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.2K 32
( modern au ) asami thought she had made it so difficult to be loved, but she didn't want to be loved. in her eyes, love was something that only foll...
25.9K 573 10
Korra was involved in a horrid accident that left her paralyzed. Within that time, her world became a blur of anger and secret feelings for her best...
185K 4.3K 42
Korra and Asami are best friends ever since middle school. Then in high school, both girls face various life-changing events in their lives. Will the...
27.2K 731 19
When Korra Waters moves to a new high school she is forced to hide her secret that no high school teenager should go through. When Asami Sato and he...