It's Simple. I use you. You u...

By giveasmilex

Lucille is 17 years old. She does not have many friends. She's always been by herself since she had a hard ti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Update++Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 - Last Chapter
Sequel

Chapter 31

420K 11.3K 8.2K
By giveasmilex

Monday: Ethan's POV

I was finally going to end it with Heather. I couldn't bare to have Lucille away from me and to see her hurt anymore. To know she was willing to give up what we have just so I can have my scholarship, it made me realize my true love for her and how much she cared for me. I texted Heather and told her to meet me.

"What is it?"

"I'll make it quick. We're over, Heather," I said without a thought. 

I saw the annoyance and anger in her face.

"What?"

"I'm not doing this anymore. I'm done. We're done."

"You can't just end this. You know that once I tell my father about this, he will make sure that you never see a day of baseball again!"

"Tell him. Actually, I'd be happy if you did. Do whatever you want. You have been anyways. I'm not doing this anymore," I said calmly before I left.

"Ethan! Come back right now! If you don't, I swear...." Heather shouted. I just continued walking.

Heather's POV

"Ethan ended it! You failed!"

"Doesn't mean I failed. I can still get her. This doesn't mean, you're done either. Just because he ended it, doesn't mean you have to. This is a teamwork, remember?"

Lucille's POV

Lunch?

Ethan texted me in second period. I smiled. I returned it with a smile emoji.

Meet you in the pathway?

Okay, I responded.

"I heard Ethan broke up with Heather?" I heard a girl whisper.

"I know. Poor thing. She seemed pretty pissed off about it," another said.

"I heard it is because of another girl."

"What? No way... who could replace Heather?"

"Exactly!" The girls laughed.

The bell rang, signaling the end of class and start of lunch. I met Ethan in our pathway like we promised, but he wasn't there when I got to it.

"Hungry?" I suddenly heard him say as he walked towards me. I smiled. He was holding a sandwich and chips.

"Just a little..." I said.

He reached me and extended the sandwich to me. I was about to take it, but he suddenly pulled it back. I gave a confused look.

"Ah ah ah...I need a payment," he said.

I tilted my head. 

"Payment?"

"My lips are a little dry. Why don't you moisten them for me?" he smirked.

I giggled. I then cleared my throat.

"If that's the case, then I wasn't hungry anyways..." I said, pretending to turn around.

"Wait! Fine, you can have the sandwich," he said in defeat. 

I turned back around and he had a puppy face on. He looked adorable.

"Thank you, kind sir." I grabbed the sandwich. Suddenly, he quickly grabbed my waist and pulled me in by surprise.

"You're welcome, my fine lady," he said before he kissed me. When he pulled away, he was grinning. I lightly hit him and went to sit down on the ground. He sat down in front of me, but then he pulled me so that I was in his lap.

"I missed you... I need you as close to me as possible."

I blushed.

I was eating the sandwich while he was staring at me. He had both hands on my thighs as he rubbing his thumbs against them. 

I smiled and offered him the sandwich. He leaned in and bit a piece of the sandwich.

Suddenly, I thought about what the girls in my class were gossiping about.

"So your not so good plan...what was it?"

"It's already done. You just have to worry about new positions you want to be in," he smirked.

"Ethan, seriously," I said with a straight face. His smile faded and he stayed silent.

"You broke up with Heather, didn't you?" I said knowingly. 

"Yeah. It was time."

"Ethan, but what will happen when she tells her father to go against you?" I asked, worriedly. 

"It doesn't matter. If her father doesn't like me, whatever. It's not the end of the world."

"Ethan..."

"Besides... I have you... that's all that matters anyway," he smiled. I gave a sympathetic look.

"But, if you really care if I get that scholarship, there's another way you can help me," he said.

"What is it?"

"Be my tutor again?"

I looked down.

"It's funny... your mom asked me the same thing."

"My mom?"

"Mhm, I saw her and she told me how much you needed tutoring again."

I looked up at him and slightly hit him.

"Why'd you do so bad on your quizzes?!" 

"Because I didn't have you," he said.

I grinned and my cheeks burned.

"Or you're just trying to make me come back by purposely doing badly?"

"That too," he chuckled.

"Your mom also said something else..."

"What'd she say?"

"That she saw sparks in us...does she by chance know?"

He grinned.

"Isn't it better she knows? That way I can kiss you whenever I want now."

I laughed. I felt my phone buzzing. I checked to see it was Theo.

"Who is it?" Ethan asked.

"Theo..."

"Don't pick up."

"But, he's been so nice to me..."

"I don't care. He only seems nice..."

"I have to..." I said and then answered.

"Hello?"

"Lucille, where you at? I've been looking for you," Theo asked.

I looked to Ethan. He shook his head.

"I'm at the library."

"Really? Okay. I'll meet--"

"No!" I quickly blurted. "I mean, I'm really busy. I have a project to finish. I'd just like to be alone."

"Oh okay..." he said unsurely.

"Yeah... I'll talk to you later. I don't want the librarian to hear me. Bye." I quickly hung up the phone.

"I don't trust him," Ethan said.

I looked worriedly at Ethan.

"You don't trust anyone../"

"No, that's not true. I trust you besides the fact that you're going on dates with new boy," he said, annoyed.

I was surprised.

"And how do you know that?" I asked.

"I know everything. You're mine, remember Lucille James," he said in a funny villain voice.

I tried to hold in my laughter, but it came out. He laughed along with me. I finished the sandwich and we left the place.

After School

"Lucille!" Theo called out.

I turned around.

"Hey Theo"

"Hey! How'd your project go?"

"Project?" I asked confused and then I remembered. "Oh right, project. Um, I'm almost done," I lied with a fake smile.

"Okay... umm about Friday..I'm sorry again. I let my nerves get to me. I shouldn't have tried to kiss you without your permission," Theo said, nervously.

I looked down.

"No, it's okay. Don't worry about it anymore." I reassured him.

"But Lucille, the reason I did that was because--"

"Theo!" I cut him off. He stopped talking.

"I-" I stuttered.

"What is it, Lucille?"

I looked up at him.

"I can't."

"You can't what?"

I took a deep breathe.

"I can't be with you."

"What do you mean?" he looked frustrated.

"Thank you for being such a great friend. I'm sincerely grateful for you, but that's all I can be with you. If I led you on... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to," I continued.

"Is it because of Collins?"

My eyes widened. He knew?

"How'd you---"

"Hmm, I guess I'm the one in a complicated relationship now, huh?" Theo said angrily.

"Theo...I'm sorry," I said, guilty.

"I have to go," was all he said before he left.

I sighed. I didn't mean to hurt him. I didn't even know I was capable of being able to hurt anyone. I felt the rush of guilt run through me.

Theo's POV

"Let's move to plan B!"

"I knew you couldn't do it..."

Lucille's POV

Night time

"You okay?" April asked, worriedly.

We were in my bedroom. April was on my bed and I just walked through the door. I rushed to her arms.

"What's wrong, Luce?" she asked, rubbing my back. I stayed silent. There was just too much that was wrong.

"Luce... talk to me."

I looked up to her.

"I'm the worst person ever."

"Oh c'mon, Luce. You are not. What happened?"

I pulled away and started playing with my fingers.

"Theo hates me now."

"What?" she sat up.

"Today, after school. He was about to tell me that he liked me, but before he did, I told him I didn't feel the same."

"What?!" April shouted.

"I'm the worst human being ever."

"Luce, what happened? I thought you guys were going well. You even had a second date."

I stayed silent.

"Don't tell me this has to do with Ethan?"

I avoided her eyes.

"Luce! It does, doesn't it?"

I continued to stay silent.

"Did you two...?"

I looked at her and nodded.

She gasped.

"LUCE!"

I got up from the bed and turned my back towards her.

"Luce, you better tell me everything!"

"Remember, Heather?" I said.

"Yes. Ethan's supposed girlfriend? What about her?"

"She threatened Ethan. That's why he hurt me. He only did it so Heather wouldn't hurt me."

"What a b.i.t.c.h. That's horrible! How could she do that?... So you forgave him?"

I turned around and nodded.

"But he was such an ass... the things he called you. It ruined you for weeks."

"I know, but he was only trying to protect me. I knew there was a reason..."

April took a deep sigh.

"I just.. I don't know... You're my best friend, Luce. I don't want you to get hurt again."

"I know. I know. And I won't do that to myself either. Not again. I promise."

April sadly smiled.

"You promised..." she said.

I nodded my head.

"I think Heather wants a second punch by the way..." she laughed. I did too.

Later that night

April fell fast asleep. I was about to also, but I heard rocks hitting my window. I looked out to see Ethan standing on the sidewalk, waving for me to go outside. I put on my slippers, quietly walked down the stairs and went outside. I ran into his arms which he warmly embraced me. Ethan kissed the top of my head.

"Hey beautiful," he said.

I pulled away with my arms still wrapped around his neck and smiled up at him.

"I was scared you'd be asleep already," he continued.

"Well, you're in luck. I like to wait for my prince charming's good night kiss first," I teased. He chuckled and planted his lips on mine. We made out for a short while before pulling away.

"So... did you think about being my tutor again?" Ethan asked.

"Hmm... not yet, but I don't think I'll need to."

"That's what I thought," he whispered into my ears and lowered his lips onto my neck.

"Oh really?" I said amused.

"Mhm, really," he replied before grabbing my butt so that I would straddle him, just like before. "And I know exactly what you're doing Saturday."

I laughed.

"Really, what exactly am I doing?" I asked.

"You're going to the home baseball game and then afterwards we'll celebrate my win with me going in you"

I pulled away, surprised.

"Oh really? Are you sure about that?" I laughed.

"Mhm. Positively sure," he said as he went back to my neck and nibbled bite marks on the side of my neck.

"Stop, I don't want to wear a turtle neck to school tomorrow," I laughed, trying to pull apart from him.

"Don't worry. I'll protect you."

I looked at him skeptically. He had one hand keeping balance and the other hand on my face.

"Don't be too surprised tomorrow."

I didn't understand what he meant until tomorrow.

Tuesday

I was putting my books away in my locker when Ethan walked up. I was taken aback and could feel people's stares at us. I turned to Ethan who was smirking.

"I told you not to be too surprised, didn't I?"

I realized my mouth was still open.

"What are you doing?"

"What I promised," Ethan said.

"Ethan..." I looked around us again. People were still staring.

"Hmm, I think the people's asking and we should give them what they want," he said before pulling me and kissing me. I quickly pulled away in shock. I swear  I saw Heather give me a death glare. I looked up to locker but didn't see her or her posse. The bell rang. Ethan grabbed my hand and we walked to class.

"I like my mark on you," he closely whispered to me. He was referring to the hickeys he left last night. I blushed. Holding his hand to class felt so weird, yet it felt so right... like a normal couple.

Theo completely ignored me at school. I would see him, but he acted like he didn't even see me. I felt horrible. He must still be mad at me, but I understood.

Friday night

"Please April!" I begged.

"No, I'm not going to the baseball game with you! It's basically me supporting a bunch of jerks hitting balls which they probably already do!"

I laughed.

"April..." I whined. "Didn't you say you're here to support me?" I gave a puppy face.

She scrunched up her face and finally said, "Fine, but you tell Ethan to be careful. If you don't stay between us, his face may not be so safe," she said.

"I got it!" I grinned and hugged her.

"I'm hungry. I'm gonna make myself a snack," April said and walked to the kitchen.

Saturday/Game Day

"C'mon April. We have to find good seating."

"Okay, okay, but afterwards we're going to the food stand, okay?"

"Okay," I said as I pulled her arm towards the bleachers.

I looked towards the players area to find Ethan. It was hard with all the players looking alike in their gear, but I finally found him.

April and I were standing back up to go grab some snacks, but then I heard some girls talking.

"That's the slut that stole Ethan away from Heather," a girl said.

"How shady. She looks so innocent, but she's probably secretly stealing others' man," another said.

I felt my heart drop. Those words hurt... I didn't know how to respond.

April turned around about to give them a piece of their mind, but I stopped her.

"Let's go," I said, pulling her arm. "They're not worth it."

"B.i.t.c.h," I heard April whisper before she left. The girls gossiping were taken aback.

We walked to the food stands.

"Don't listen to them, Luce," April said, worriedly.

"I know. I'm not." I reassured her with a smile that said I wouldn't let it get to me.

The game finally started when we got back. Ethan was pitcher. He was roaming around the bleachers until he found me. He smiled at me and I grinned back. He refocused back on pitching.

Suddenly, I got text from Theo...

Hey, can we meet up after the game by the food area? I want to apologize...

Yeah, I responded.

I still wanted to be Theo's friend. I didn't like the fact that I had hurt him. I wanted to make things right even if it meant continuously apologizing to him.

By the end of the game, our school's team was leading and we won. It felt so good to see Ethan's hard work and excitement with winning in real play.

I'll wait for you .

Theo sent me a text. I almost forgot I had to meet him.

"April, I have to go do something. I'll meet you by the entrance, okay?"

"Okay...is everything alright? Are you meeting Ethan? You nasty..." she joked. I just laughed along.

"Yeah... I'll see you in a bit," I said, before I left.

Ethan's POV

I was trying to find Lucille in the crowd but I couldn't. I wanted to go hug her and share this moment with her. Everyone began moving, and I lost her. I left with the team to grab my stuff and to quickly go find her. I texted her but she wasn't responding.

"Ethan!" Heather called out.

"Heather..." My eyes continued roaming for her in the crowds.

"In a rush?"

"Yeah..."

"You really have changed haven't you Ethan?" she said.

I finally stopped to look at Heather.

"What do you want?"

"Wow, what happened to the Ethan who'd grab and make out in front of all these crowds?" Heather flirted and moved in towards me.

"Heather, get away," I said as I walked past her.

"If you're looking for Lucille, I saw her with Theo."

I turned around.

"What makes you think I'll believe you?"

"The fact that you gave me up for her... you'd be willing to believe me to find her right now."

She walked away like she knew the direction. My urge to find Lucille made me follow her.

Lucille's POV

Theo was waiting by the food stands. He was standing by a tree.

"Theo!" I called his name as I walked towards him. He turned around. I finally reached him.

"Luce..." he said.

"Hi... is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, yeah...umm, I just wanted to apologize for how I acted the other day"

I shook my head.

"No, no...it was my fault. I should have told you earlier. I really am sorry for I---"

Theo grabbed me by the elbow.

"Lucille, I still want you to know that it's true. I really do like you... ever since the day I met you, I have."

"Theo, please..." I tried to pull his hand away from my arms.

"Lucille, you said it was complicated with Ethan, didn't you? I promise I can be better."

His grip tightened.

"Theo, don't do this," I plead, scared. I try to wriggle his arms off, but his hold was strong and it was hurting me. "You're hurting me..." I said.

Suddenly Theo harshly kissed me. I tried to pull away, but I couldn't. He kept a tight grip on my arms. I struggled until Theo was pulled off of me from a strong force to the ground. It was Ethan. Ethan was punching him left, right.

"Stop!" I cried out. "Ethan, please stop!"

I saw blood. I got scared.

"Someone help!" I shouted. People nearby finally came to stop the fight. Two man pulled Ethan away while another went to help Theo. I saw Heather standing a far. She looked...amused. Satisfied, even. They finally got Ethan and Theo to pull apart. I ran to Ethan and hugged him before he could do anything else.

"Please... don't..." I cried into his chest. He held me tightly and we left Theo laying on the floor.

We met April by the entrance. She ran to us.

"Oh my God. Are you guys okay?" She asked concerned.

I nodded.

"What happened?" she continued.

I shook my head.

"I'll explain later. Can you drive?" I ask.

She nodded.

She drove Ethan's car. Ethan and I sat in the back. I just continued hugging him. His face was bruised and it looked painful.

When we got inside my house, I sat Ethan on the couch. April immediately ran to get the first aid kit. When she gave it to me, I hurriedly opened it up and grabbed the things needed to clean up his wound. I felt tears falling down my cheeks. I felt the salt in my mouth.

"Hey, hey... what's wrong?" Ethan lifted my face up to match with his.

"It's my fault you're hurt," I cried.

"No, no. None of this is your fault. This is my fault. I'm sorry. I saw him holding you and I lost it..." Ethan pulled me in closely. "I'm sorry..."

I just continued to cry into his chest.

"Hey Luce. I'm going to leave you two alone, you guys need it," April said with a soft smile. "I'll talk to you tomorrow... Call me if you need anything." She hugged me.

"Thanks April." I softly smiled at her. She nodded and left. I turned back to Ethan. He gently removed hair from my face and then kissed me. We just stared at each other.

"Let's get you cleaned up," I said.

He nodded. I grabbed his hand and led him to the bathroom by my room. He unbuckled his belt and took off his baseball jersey and bottoms while I took off my clothes. I turned the faucet to hot and we both stepped in. I wrapped one of my arms around his neck and the other around his waist. Both of his hands fell to my butt cheeks. We stood under the hot water for awhile before we lathered ourselves in shampoo and body wash.

"Don't ever do that again, okay?" I looked up at him.

He nodded.

"You scared me..." I leaned my head onto his chest and he kissed the top. When we were done, we got out of the shower and I put on a t-shirt and my panties. He just stayed in his towel wrapped around his waist. I ran downstairs to grab the first aid kit and cleaned up his cuts.

"I was scared too..." Ethan said suddenly. I scrunched my face at him.

"You were hurt... I wanted to hurt him the same way I saw you hurt, 10 times worse," he said frustratingly as he pulled my arms. I flinched. They were a little bruised from Theo's tight grip. I looked at Ethan who had a murderous expression and sat down on his thighs and hugged him. We were both scared for each other, but that's love isn't it?

-------

HELLO. sorry for being such a bad updater. I hope you guys enjoyed these chapters. and also thank you for the 50k+ followers and almost 5 million reads. thank you so much <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 40 35
Ryan, a fifteen year old girl meets Jared. The new bad boy at school. Ryan has an attraction for him but isn't willing to give him what he wanted jus...
429K 12.8K 33
Seven years had passed since Skylar broke up with Ethan, yet she didn't find it within herself the power to move on. She didn't like how much he mean...
1M 20K 24
17 years old Alexis Maria Gonzalez has experienced every pain there is to feel in life. Moving away from the one place she calls home she lays her he...
282 47 36
17 year old Winter has to deal with saving her friends from their messed up lives. She is a tough girl with a humor based personality...along with h...