Princess of the Seven Seas

By osnapitztri

Book One. Layla princess of the oceans, and her kingdom is facing a problem. Their old foe is back. Back to... More

Dueling| 1
King Neptune| 2
The Royals| 3
Love?| 4
Just The Beginning| 5
Training Session |6
Slumber Party| 7
Morning Light| 8
Playground| 9
The Message| 10
Training Session II |12
Prophecy |13

Meetings with Parents| 11

60 8 7
By osnapitztri

Lifting my head up, I saw my father gesturing Trevor to set up several connection mirrors. Connection Mirrors are some ways the Royals can contact one another, seeing them at the exact moment. Though, this kind of communication is only available for rich Sea Merchants or Royals throne members of each Kingdom. 

In total, there were about nine mirrors, representing each one of the Heir children that attended the Ceremony held not long ago. About two, had connected to the other side of the line. Queen Coral and King Kay was there, expressing worried faces and asking about their daughter rather than knowing what's going on. Also, King Martin, and Queen Eleanor was shown on the mirror as well. 

"Mother!" Anahi exclaimed.

"Oh Anahi dear!" Queen Coral said, giving her daughter a kind smile. "How have you been? I've felt a presence of a young man disturbing your peace."

The princess blushed. 

"Silence!" My father yelled. "This is a time of planning not reuniting! It shall be saved for our end." He instructed, gradually made his voice softer as he said so.

Anahi had a moment of disappointment in her sudden behavior with her mother. Though, I couldn't blame her. I mean like, a Royal young princess who had lived with her parents for so many many due to training to become a heir, then having to leave her parents suddenly-just because something happened to the heart of all Kingdoms of the Sea.

I glanced over at Brandon, discussing and debating. I would expect that from the King in Training, his full thoughts were engaged on the discussion. Blushing slightly, I reminded myself to focus on my own work at hand rather than watching the the young Prince before me.

Finally, I was able to awaken my mind, and engage into the discussion.  

"We should take our stance and protect!" Shouted Brandon over the varying voices.

"For once I can agree with this dude." Krystal mumbled under her breathe.

Everyone turned their heads to Brandon. Father too. But then, he faced back to Trevor, finding his Duke paying attention to the meeting instead of setting up and signaling magic spells for the other Kings and Queens of the oceans to appear. In other words, reply.

"Let's take a pause," Kind Neptune said, "We do not want the Kings and Queens of the other Oceans to miss out on this meeting."

We had agreed, so we went on to talk about what's wrong and what's right in a normal tone. 'Finding the Heir'. 'Protecting our Kingdoms'. 'Building more defenses.' 'Spies.' 'Fighting Techniques.' 

~~~

Instead of sitting next to my parents, where the Head Mer has to sit, I shifted next to my friends whom I felt comfortable with. My mother, sent me a stern glare. While, I returned her glare with a smile.

I sat next to Rhea,(which was two seats away from my actual seat) and on the other arm, Brandon. Just because, if he has any ideas to share with, it is going to be me. The chance of sitting next to him, I decided to question him. 

"Brandon?"

"Hmmmm?"

"Uh..what do you think about the topic at hand?" I tried.

"Oh, why don't we Kingdoms just strengthen the military systems around our Palaces?"

I gave him a face. Pinching my thick eyebrows together. "You know that anyone could have thought of that, right?"

"Yeah, I know it's oblivious, but we need to protect every single Kingdom before one falls into the hands of a Dark Hunter leader."

"Exactly." said a deep voice. I flinched, surprise of who was speaking. 

"A pleasure to see you, King Thoren." I stood up and curtsied. The grand King just nodded, "Lovely evening to you, Princess."

"Attention!" My father called, "Every Kings and Queens of each Ocean is here, now...we shall officially start."

All of the heirs nodded, while the playful Rhea beside me, sent playful faces to her father, and he returned it with a goofy smile of his. 

I let my own smile creep upon my lips, but straightened when I need to start the meeting this instant. "Welcome back Kings and Queens of the Oceans present." I greeted them, attempting the curtsy quickly, "We have discussed the matters of the message earlier. And I hope that you have seen the message as well, before us." They all nodded, knowing the words that Chrissie had sent by the permission of the Leader. 

"We had some ideas." I clarified, "But in my opinion, they weren't helpful. Now that all is here, let us continue the meeting with a worthy discussion." I said, narrowing my eyes.

"Let's start with the 'what we've learned from Chrissie's message'." My mom suggested, through the unsure silence.

I agreeing with my mother, I decided to start the meeting.

"Chrissie said that, 'We would be taking the position right in you very hands'." I quoted, "Though not only that but the powers that lord Poseidon each and everyone Royal to rule a Kingdom, if only they're the right ruler to the throne. But  one of the Kings and Queens of the Infinite Ocean child, has the magic to only defeat us'."

"To me, it just means some kind of magic object and a heir." Brandyn said, putting his tone calm.

"Yeah, but it also has to be a position along with the item!" Krystal yelled her thoughts.

"I can agree with what all of you are thinking...." King Alexander of the Red Sea said, stroking his gray beard. "Though, think about it, don't you think that they would like to set up a trap for us to figure out what they want?" The old kind wandered.

Undine looked at her parents. "That could be, but it's worth it to explore."

"That's nice." Anahi commented. "Though, dangerous. We would want to keep ourselves safe."

"Not true." Krystal argued. "We are the rulers of an Ocean, meaning our lives were meant to be put at risk for the sake of our people." He stated, her cold blue, silver-ish eyes darkened.

With that being said, no one had anything other to say. 

"Anyone up for discussing, 'who could be the heir'?" Aisha asked. Her bright blue eyes sparked with excitement. 

"No, thank you." QueenAmphitrite, said popping the 'p'. While everyone gathered just looked at her, disapprovingly. 

"Let's not." I decided. "We shall see what comes our way, then, deal with the situation appropriately." I said, hoping that could be the final decision if everyone agrees. 

"But how about whatever that comes striking our way, comes too fast for us to decide and handle?" Aisha challenged.

My father, seeing this opened his mouth to stop both of us, though, it's too late. Once an argument is started with what I believe passionately, it's on girl.

"Aisha, we're not fools. I can understand what you're thinking sister, but we are all well trained, we know what strategies to use at the right time."

"And what if we don't?"

"Let's no play 'What ifs'." Krystal grumbled, loud enough so that everyone near her could hear.

"Decision is set in my daughter's hands." King Neptune said, rising from his throne. My mother rose with him as well, following him as a lead. "We shall wait for their moves, and react or respond in the correct attack."

I gave a signal in my eyes to my dad, hoping that he  would sense my questions. Sadly, the king of the Infinite Oceans nodded and signaled everyone to rise. Without noticing my firm eye contact with his.

"Let's this be the end of tonight's meeting." He announced, rising his arms to the air to signal everyone  to rise along with him, then curtsy. 

I curtsied, to symbol, 'that was a pleasant meeting with all.' To me, it wasn't, by far it was the most complicated meeting I've ever anticipated in all my life time.

"Now my dear Prince and Princess." My mother said, as my father moved back swimming out the Throne room hurriedly. "Since all your parents is here, all of you can have a word with your parents before dinner is served in the Dining hall."

Once my mother had announced that everyone could speak to their parents, everyone around starts to move away, towards the mirror. Where some Kings and Queens beamed at their child, or stared with no emotion at all. 

With everyone around me disappearing to speak with their parents, I slowly swam over to my mother. Who just stood there and simply watched. 

Reaching to my mother's side, I gently poked her on the arm. She casually turned her head to me, our eyes met, then she smiled. 

"Aren't you hungry." She asked me.

From the sudden question, I giggled. "No, mother. Why do you ask."

"Oh just questioning." She replied, joining me for a laugh. "You were always hungry after you do something, so I would always wonder if my girl is hungry."

I laughed. "I'm fine. Anyways, I would want to share my dinner with my friends."

"I see." My mom said, her eyes brightening. 

"Layla!" It was Brandon.

"Yeah?" I yelled.

"Talk to my parents, they have questions." He said.

I looked over to my mom. Who was still smiling, I rose an eyebrow, waiting for her approval to depart and see what kind of question his parents have for me. She nodded, and waved a hand. Motioning for me to go ahead.

I took long, strong strides while Brandon motioned me with his hand to swim faster. I grinned when I saw his expression when  took longer strokes with my tail, his face burning with frustration.

Once I reached to him, his parents were smiling happily. I smiled at the Rulers of the Atlantis and motioned Brandon to continue what he wanted to say.

"Yes, your Majesty?" I rose an eyebrow at his father.

He coughed, "We think our son likes you." He said, his eyes filled with curiosity, of those warm hazel eyes.

My eyes widen as I stared at Brandon, then to his parents, restraining myself to choke. "Is this a joke?" I asked, scrunching my eyebrows together. 

Once that was said, Brandon and his parents laughed. Seeing no sense in this, I rolled my eyes, and decided to get back to my mom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.4K 2K 14
Living her days in the ocean water, Nanami has always dreamed of finding a handsome prince to sweep her off her tail,but when her family wants her to...
85 8 1
WARNING: Blood, gory, death, ability to talk to the dead Dirk lives in the ocean as a mermaid with his brother Dave who recently became king, but not...
1.3K 86 29
Book One Ava wants to be like her father and be a knight but is seen as a weak female, Layla wants to follow her in her families' footsteps and be a...
2.7K 41 15
After princess Aphmau gets lost and finds a secret cave, she meets Tavari, a merman who makes potions and knows about humans. His goal is to make his...