1. | INDIGO [S. STILINSKI]

By sourstiles

❝ I hate it. I hate not remembering. I want to. I want to remember what it was like to have something, someon... More

chapter one: [literal new girl]
chapter two: [heartfelt interrogation]
chapter three: [he likes someone else]
chapter five: [stupid purple flower]
chapter six: [blood smells]
chapter seven: [Lydia?]
chapter eight: [finding star wars]
chapter nine: [saving sheriff]
chapter ten: [don't do it]
chapter eleven: [useless]
chapter twelve: [need that necklace]
chapter thirteen: [leave me alone]
chapter fourteen: [first, and maybe, last dance]
chapter fifteen: [a not-so patient patient]
chapter sixteen: [scream sisters]
chapter seventeen: [don't tell him]
chapter eighteen: [were-lizard]
chapter nineteen: [surprises? ice rinks?]
chapter twenty: [ice skate date]
chapter twenty-one: [gone swimming]
chapter twenty-two: [lydia protection program]
chapter twenty-three: [clubbing]
chapter twenty-four: [restraint]
chapter twenty-five: [raving regrets]
chapter twenty-six: [i hate you]
chapter twenty-seven: [i need you]
chapter twenty-eight: [all-star player]
chapter twenty-nine: [only you]

chapter four: [crazy therapist]

59.5K 1.7K 3.3K
By sourstiles

"She was getting better. And then she remembered what she was trying to get away from, the things that tear her apart. Now she's back at the start."

     Indigo's POV

"Scott!" I yelled, trying to stop him from walking onto the field. Both him and Stiles turned around, seeing me jog towards them.

I finally reached them, a huge smile on my lips.

   "Did you apologize?" I asked. Scott sighed.

"Yeah."

   "Wha- why are you not excited? This is good right?" I asked, confused.

Scott just huffed and walked away, leaving me with Stiles.

   "Was it something I said?" I raised my eyebrows. Stiles just shook his head.

"Scott and Derek were being hunted last night. By hunters." He specified.

   "What?" I widened my eyes.

"Yeah, and if you think that's bad, there's something worse." He nodded.

   "I don't know if I wanna hear worse..." I winced. Stiles shrugged, before continuing.

"Allison's dad is one of 'em."

  My eyes widened. Jesus Scott. You really couldn't have picked a worse situation...

"And he shot Scott. With a crossbow." He said even more, making me roll my eyes.

   "Does her dad know it was Scott?" I asked.

"He doesn't think so." Stiles said. I let out a breath of relief, nodding.

   "As long as he can keep it that way, we should be in the clear. Right?"

Stiles was about to answer, before Coach shouted at him.

  "Stilinski! Stop flirting and come run!"

Stiles froze, his cheeks flaming. I awkwardly chuckled, walking away towards the sideline bench. Stiles watched me leave, before scurrying off to the rest of the team.

   "Hey McCall! McCall!" Coach continued to shout. He stomped to him, leaning down next to Scott. The more Coach talked to him, the heavier Scott began to breath. I became nervous, hoping this wouldn't bring any trouble.

"McCall's gonna do it again!" Coach shouted, Scott jogging back to the line. "McCall's gonna do it again."

Scott and Jackson sprinted off against each other, but neither looked remotely focused on lacrosse. I got ready to stand up as I watched Jackson and Scott ram into each other, falling to the ground.

Most of the team rushed to a struggling Jackson, while Stiles jogged to Scott. He helped him up, but when Scott said something to him, he looked worried.

Stiles and Scott began rushing to the locker room, and obviously I followed. I walked all the way with them into the locker room, to find Scott breathing heavier than I thought.

   "Scott, you okay?" Stiles cautiously asked, stepping towards him. Scott snapped up, his eye glowing.

"Get away from me!" He growled.

Stiles stumbled back, taking me with him. I heard Scott rushing after us, sending my nerves to the sky. Me and Stiles were about to run out when he stopped, glancing at the fire extinguisher.

   He looked at me, before ripping it off the wall and spraying everywhere in front of us. I shut my eyes, moving behind Stiles as he frantically moved the extinguisher.

Stiles finally stopped, letting out a huge breath as he dropped the extinguisher. I eased out of my hiding place behind him, making eye contact as he glanced at me.

   "Are you okay?" He checked. I nodded and he sighed, looking back at Scott who was leaning against lockers.

"What happened?" Scott groaned, holding his head. I let out a sigh, looking at Stiles' who rolled his eyes.

   "You tried to kill us." He stated. "It's like I told you before. It's the anger. It's your pulse rising. It's a trigger."

"But- that's lacrosse. It's a pretty violent game if you haven't noticed." Scott grumbled, but he knew. He knew what he really had to do.

    "Scott, it's gonna get a lot more violent if you kill someone on the field." Stiles insisted.

"I'm first line-" Scott tried to argue.

 "Not anymore."

˛

   "That was exhausting." I breathed out, plopping down on Scott's bed, right on my back. Scott scoffed and did the same.

"You didn't do anything at practice." He chuckled. I shrugged.

   "I did almost get attacked by a werewolf. Now that, will definitely set me up for a well-deserved nap." I smiled proudly, turning on my side and curling into the comforter.

"Hey."

Both me and Scott looked at the door to see his mom standing there, smiling.

"Late shift for me again."

"But I am taking Saturday off to see your first game." She grinned. Scott jumped, almost sitting up.

  "Oh, mom. You can't-"

"Oh no." She shook her head. "I can and I will."

Scott kept his eyes on her, giving her a look.

"Oh come on, one shift isn't gonna break us." She smiled, before thinking. "Completely."

  "Hey, what's wrong with your eyes?" She asked, confused.

Mine widened, and I instantly sat up, trying to get a look at his. Scott began to get worried.

"You look like you haven't slept in days." She continued. We both let out a collective sigh of relief, relaxing in place.

  "It's nothing." Scott lied. "Just- stressed."

"Just stress?" She asked, walking closer. "Nothing else?"

  "Uh, homework." Scott eased.

"I mean, it's not like you're on drugs or anything, right?" She nervously chuckled.

"Right now?" Scott asked, making her narrow her eyes at him.

    "Excuse me, what do you mean 'Right now?'? Have you ever taken drugs?" She sternly asked.

"Have you?"

I rolled my eyes at Scott's answer, shaking my head to myself.

   "Get some sleep." His mom sighed, walking out of the room with the last word.

"She doesn't have to tell me twice." I mumbled, speaking into the mattress. I heard Scott chuckle again, before there was a small 'ding'.

  "Oh look-" Scott said, the smirk evident in his face. "Your boyfriends calling."

"Oh shut up." I scoffed, smacking his back as he got up to answer. "Why do people think we're dating?"

I sat up, seeing Stiles' face appear on the computer screen. He lifted a green plastic gun, letting it make shooting noises as he aimed it at Scott. I let a goofy smile on my face, seeing him act like a nine year old.

"Hi, Stiles." I grinned, showing my face in the camera. Stiles eyes went wide, his hands immediately throwing the green weapon somewhere in his room as he acted like he never had it.

"Hey- hey, Indigo." He awkwardly adjusted himself in his seat. I saw Scott roll his eyes.

"What'd you find out?" Scott asked.

   "Well, it's bad." Stiles nodded. "Jackson's got a separated shoulder."

"Because of me?" Scott sighed. I rolled my eyes.

   "Because he's a tool." I scoffed. Stiles slightly chuckled, smiling at my remark.

"Is he gonna play?" Scott continued asking.

   "They don't know yet. Now- they're just counting on you for Saturday."

Stiles' face dropped, his eyes slightly widening.

"What?" Scott asked. I cinched my eyebrows when a small box appeared on the side saying 'it looks like-'.

   "It looks like what?" I asked. Scott groaned, roughly shoving his computer screen.

"Come on.." He sighed.

The second box appeared, displaying 'someones behind you'.

  I froze in place, before I felt a rough hand shove me off, my shoulder smashing into the wall. I cried out in pain, my other hand reaching over to hold my throbbing shoulder.

I looked over to see a familiar leather jacket pin Scott to another wall.

"I saw you on the field." He snapped. Scott's eyes shot open, showing pure fear.

    "Wha- what are you talking about?"

"You shifted in front of them!" Derek snapped, pushing Scott harder to the wall. "If they find out what you are, they find out about me. About all of us. And it's not just the hunters after us, it's everyone."

   "But they didn't see anything!" I snapped. Derek turned his head to me, glaring at me.

"And they won't." He growled at me. "Because if you-" He looked back at Scott. "Even try to play in that game on Saturday, I'm gonna kill both of you myself."

He dropped Scott to the ground, and walked out of the door. I assumed he sneaked out the way he came in, when I didn't hear Melissa scream intruder.

I sighed and leaned my head back on the wall behind me. Scott looked at me across the room, the same look of pain etched on his face.

"I can't play that game."

˛

      I know you can feel it.

     Stop ignoring it.

     It's who you are.

I clutched my hands over my ears, trying to do anything to stop this voice. I hated it. I just wanted to rip my ears off, just so I didn't have to hear it anymore.

"Just stop..." I cried, shaking my head. "Stop doing this to me."

  "Not until you give me what I want!" The voice shouted, angry.

"Then what the hell do you want?!" I screamed, tears furiously falling.

  "You."

I let out a huge gasp, heavily breathing in and out. I made sure I was still in my bed, shutting my eyes when I was.

These need to stop. I'm slowly driving myself crazy with these things...

  "Indigo?" A tired, soft voice called out. I rubbed my eyes and sat up, looking to the doorway where I saw a concerned Melissa.

"Are you okay?" She whispered, walking in cautiously.

  "Yeah. I'm fine, why?" I waved off, not wanting to worry her.

"I heard you screaming from the room over." She said, sitting on the bed.

  "I don't really think that really qualifies as 'fine'." She sweetly smiled. I let out a soft chuckle, shaking my head.

"Just a bad dream is all. I'm sure this was a one-time thing." I tried to assure her.

  "Honey-" She cooed. "I know this isn't the first one."

I froze at her words. She knew?

  "This was the first time you've screamed. All the others was just... mindless mumbling. Indigo, I think we need to see someone about these. You're really freaking out from these." She smoothly said.

"Melissa-" I tried to argue but she held her hands up.

  "I'm not suggesting anything about you. I just- this will ease me. I don't like not being able to help you, after you just-"

"I know." I cut her off. She gave me a thankful smile, before gently grabbing my hand.

  "You may not be my legal child-" She smiled. "But I'm still gonna treat you like one."

My heart swelled at her love. How could she already care for me? Not that I didn't greatly appreciate it, but it really hasn't been long that I've been here.

"Thank you." I whispered. She nodded, before leaning in with her arms outstretched. I quickly accepted them. I felt a different warmth rush over me. Not just her body temperature radiating, but- love. I could feel her care through her arms. Maybe it was a mom thing. Did I feel like this when I hugged my real mom?

  "There's someone at school you can meet in the morning. I'll just have the office call you there." She nodded, getting up from her spot. I smiled, watching her leave.

The McCall's were really starting to grow on me.

˛

  "Please come with me!" Scott pleaded. I rolled my eyes, leaning against my locker.

"Why? All you have to do is tell Coach you can't play." I shrugged. Scott widened his eyes, looking at me like I was crazy.

  "You have met then man, right?" He scoffed. I sighed, pushing myself off the locker, gesturing down the hallway.

"Lead the way."

Scott smiled in accomplishment, before walking down the hallway. I watched him walk, and let my lips fall into a smirk as I walked the opposite way.

Until I ran into a body.

I stumbled backwards, the person in front catching my waist.

"You are going for moral support, whether you like it or not."A familiar chuckle rang.

  "Damn." I breathed out.

I looked up, seeing Stiles shake his head as he turned me around and forced me to follow Scott.

  "Come on. Let's go watch him fail together." He smiled. I let out a light chuckle, willingly walking now.

The speaker cracked, signifying it was announcing something.

"If I could please have Miss. Indigo to the office. Indigo- wha. Sir, there's no last name.." The voice, trailed off. I sighed, waiting for them to finish the annoucment.

  "Just- just Indigo then. Thank you." They awkwardly cut off. Stiles looked down at me, shaking his head.

"You win this time. But, next time- you're doing moral support all on your own."

I shrugged, laughing as I walked to the office. This must be the therapist I'm talking to about my insane dreams. Not that I had to actually talk about them. I could be a difficult teenager. I could just shrug.

I huffed as I finally entered the office, walking to the front desk.

  "I'm Indigo?" I tried. The wrinkly woman looked up at me, before pointing down the hallway. I glanced down the hallway, before looking back at the lady. But her attention was already back on the computer.

I sighed, walking down the hallway, taking a quick look at the room name on the wall, seeing what room to go in.

  "Indigo."

I spun around, seeing a woman standing at her doorway. She had a smile on her face as she pointed in her room.

  "Please have a seat."

I waited for her to walk in, before following. I took a quick look around the room, seeing two simple chairs in front of her desk. I sighed, taking an awkward seat in the one next to the window.

She silently sat at her desk, keeping her eyes on me.

  "So Indigo- lovely name by the way. I don't hear it often." She inquired.

"Me either." I mumbled, cracking the joke to myself. The woman disregarded it.

  "I'm Ms. Morrell. You're mom called about-"

"She's not my mom." I interrupted, slightly snapping it.

  "I'm sorry. It's just she's the one who called about you, and she is your address, so I assumed-"

"Well, she's not." I quickly corrected. She pursed her lips, nodding curtly.

  "I guess not, seeing as you don't have her last name. Although, that could be a divorce."

"No." I shook my head. "I just- don't have a last name." I made up.

She studied me after I said that, but accepted my answer.

  "Starting on what you're actually here for..." She continued. "Your nightmares?"

"Sure." I sighed, crossing my legs.

  "What happens? In them. Is there a certain person, a certain place..."

"The woods." I nodded.

She nodded, her gaze still never leaving me. I was honestly about to tell her that some people don't like 24/7 eye contact...

   "What happens in these woods?" She asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Nothing." I shrugged, looking down at my nails as I picked at them.

   "Ms. Indigo, I assure you that if you tell me what happens, we can find a plausible solution to them-"

"Are you sure?" I snapped my eyes to her. "What if- I have a new disease that no one knows of? Then what? I'm just forced to live with these nightmares, knowing there's no help because even therapists think I'm insane."

Ms. Morrell smiled, slightly shaking her head. "I assure you whatever you're going through isn't something new."

I raised my eyebrows at her vague answer.

"Ms. Indigo, have you ever heard the tale of 'Jure Grando'?" She asked.

Again, I was confused.

  "Jure Grando was a man, a village at the time of around 1579-1656. He lived in a place that was, during that time, divided between the Republic of Venice and mostly the Austrian Empire." She started off.

"What does this have to do with my nightmares?" I sighed. But she ignored me, continuing.

  "He was described at the first real description of a vampire, on historical records."

My eyes slightly widened, hearing her reference something in any resemblance to anything outside reality. I think werewolf Scott is all I can handle, I didn't really want to have to worry about vampires.

  "Although he died in early 1656, due to a natural illness, he was said to return from his grave at night as a vampire. He terrorized his village. For sixteen years, he did this. The village priest, Giorgio, which had buried Jure, discovered that he would knock on doors around the village and within days, whichever house he knocked on-"

  "Someone died."

I tried to stay relaxed in my seat, although I was slightly nerved at the fact my therapist was restating vampire folktale.

  "Jure would also appear in his widow's bedroom, terrifying her. Ultimately torturing her. She would constantly scream for him to stop, to which he would reply 'Not until you give me what I want.'." Morrell pointed out, slowly.

  I lost all my breath, recognizing those words anywhere. Those were the words in my dream last night. The almost exact ones that the haunting voice repeated in my ears. I felt a lump in my throat, causing me to put my thumb nail between my teeth as I nervously messed with it.

  "Father Giorgio eventually came face to face with the vampire, holding and threatening him with a cross, shouting words of Jesus Christ. Some of the bravest villagers tried to kill Jure, by piercing his heart with a stick of hawthorn. But failed, when it wouldn't even break skin. The villagers concluded to dig up his coffin, finding a perfectly preserved corpse, with a sickening smile on its face. Father Giorgi, again, tried to pierce the skin, but it wouldn't. After multiple attempts, a villager eventually grabbed a saw, and roughly sawed back and forth at the neck. As soon as the head began, to tear off, horrible screams and gallons of blood poured. Peace soon returned."

I was at a loss for words, trying not to break down. This silly lore shouldn't be crushing me, but it was.

  "So," I shakily shrugged. "they killed the big, bad man. Still wondering why you found that fitting for this."

"Because, Indigo-" She sternly stated. "Even after this recorded event in history, people still find it hard to believe in certain things."

  "What." I scoffed nonchalantly. "Vampires?"

"That history has no trouble repeating itself." She calmly stated. "So anything you're going through, has happened before. Whether it relates to Jure Grando or not."

  "And if it does?" I questioned. She smirked at me, like she had finally cracked the case. Like she solved the puzzle. But I hadn't told her anything.

"If it does..." She trailed off.

       "I sincerely hope you're open to new ideas."

˛

I rushed down the hallway, pushing past the student who were walking from their class. I was almost just trying to leave but I spotted Scott and Stiles instead.

I walked towards them, tapping Stiles on the back when I was next to them. He slightly jumped, turning around but calmed down when he saw it was me.

  "What was the office thing about?" He asked, his eyebrows cinched in confusion. I let out a shaky breath, shaking my head.

"Something for another time. What's Scott doing?" I gestured to him. Scott was slightly leaned around the corner, one ear pointed to the Sheriff who was standing in the next hallway.

  "Curfew because of the body." Scott spoke out loud, making Stiles groan.

"Unbelievable. My dad's out looking for a rabid animal, while the jerk-off who actually killed the girl is just hangin' out, doing whatever he wants." He sighed, throwing his arms in the air in frustration.

  "You can't exactly tell your dad about Derek." I reminded him. Stiles nodded, before getting that... look on his face.

"I can do something." He said.

  "Like what?" Scott asked, confused. Stiles just grinned.

      "Find the other half of the body."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 352 62
Callie Jacksons is on her way to Beacon Hills when Scott McCall found her close to death in an alley in her old town. Scott couldn't allow her to die...
12.3K 159 35
May was a normal girl. She went to beacon hills high and has a best friend and a loving sister. But then everything changes As secrets are let loos...
45.9K 1.1K 53
nothing bad ever happens in the so-called boring small town of beacon hills. that's what maia martin, scott mccall and stiles stilinski have always t...
59.1K 1.2K 41
Allison Argent was the new girl in school. She was a bit of a geek, quiet and only had one friend, Lydia Martin. She had always been shy, not the bes...