Retro-cognition

MajaDiana

[Paranormal / Action / Romance] Unique is the daughter of Retro-the God of Time. As a Goddess coming of age... Еще

Copyright
Chapter 1 - Fallen
Chapter 2 - Meeting with the Spawn of Satan
Chapter 3 - The Other Side of Sion
Chapter 4 - Angels
Chapter 5 - Awkward Tension
Chapter 6 - Whiskey Makes Everything better
Chapter 7 - A Make-believe Cupid?
Chapter 8 - Sion Saves the Day.
Chapter 9 - Experimenting is No Fun
Chapter 10 - Unique as a Gypsy
Chapter 11 - Slutty Clothing.
Chapter 12 - Sion's Strange Behavior
Chapter 13 - Unique's Wedding
Chapter 14 - Want to See My Tree House?
Chapter 15 - History Lessons.
Chapter 16 - The Next Step
Chapter 17 - Breakfast
Chapter 18 - Training
Chapter 19 - Wet dream
Chapter 21 - A meeting with fear
Chapter 22 - Envy's First Attack
Chapter 23 - The circle of Gods
Chapter 24 - A Unique Creation
Chapter 25 - A Kidnapping
Chapter 26 - The Reason for Unique's Death
Chapter 27 - An Escape
Chapter 28 - The Final Death
Chapter 29 - A Happy Ending
Note From The Author

Chapter 20 - Sion's Proposal

3.8K 325 19
MajaDiana

Chapter 20 – Sion’s proposal

Unique woke up on Annelka’s couch. A ray of sunlight fell on her face, and she yawned as she stretched and sat up.

“Breakfast will be ready son, honey,” Annelka said from the doorway. The elder woman smiled. Unique nodded and rose from the couch.

“I’ll be right out,” she said. Annelka turned and left Unique to wake up properly. She was still confused beyond repair, and she didn’t know what she had to do now. She’d dumped down on Annelka’s doorstep late last night, babbling about fire and a lost Sion.

She knew that she couldn’t tell the woman everything, and luckily, Annelka didn’t seem to mind that there were some things, which Unique couldn’t tell her. The elder woman had accepted the vague explanation and offered her couch to Unique after a steaming cup of tea.

Unique walked out into the hall and out to the kitchen. She was still dressed in the oversized T-shirt, and heat streamed to her cheeks as she remembered how wild and lost she must have looked yesterday.

Annelka had suggested talking to the police, but Unique honestly didn’t want to involve any more humans. Besides, while Annelka seemed to trust these authority figures of the world, Unique remained skeptic. There was no way she could step up to a random human and explain that her magical tree house had exploded due to an attack of mysterious fire wasps. She couldn’t tell that her husband—whom she had no memory off ever marrying—was missing in action because he apparently had some business to attend to that couldn’t include her.

Realism wasn’t Unique’s strongest point—she would be the first to admit that. In this case, even she could see that this was a terrible idea, and while it didn’t please her to admit, then that probably meant she should stay away from it.

Annelka was pouring something yellow into a glass, and the older woman looked up to greet Unique.

“Morning, hon. I hoped you’ve slept well.”

Unique nodded. “Thank you. She walked over to sit at the table, pointing to the yellow liquid she asked, “What’s that?”

Annelka held up the jug and grinned. “This is fresh-pressed orange juice. It’s devilishly delicious, would you like some?”

“Yes, please.” Unique held out her glass, and watched as the juice poured down. She took a whiff and smiled. “It smells good.”

She tasted it carefully and grimaced as the slightly sour liquid fell on her tongue.

“Would you like some toast?” Annelka held out an odd square formed item, it was light brown on both sides.

Unique took it and started to survey the food—it was remarkably different from the snack bars and beans that Sion had served. She looked up to see Annelka spreading something out on it.  It’s was white and coated the toast. On top of it, Annelka put something red and almost see through. It bounced slightly on the spoon.

With concentration, Unique mimicked Annelka’s doing, and started to eat. It was different, but still amazing. Humans sure knew how to make the most of the least. The meal was such a simple thing, yet it tasted like heaven, and if anyone recognized heavenly—it would be Unique.

They ate in silence, and Unique devoured more than she’d thought she could eat. For some reason, the lack of food the last couple of days had taken its toll on Annelka’s kitchen.

“What’s the next step, honey?” the elder woman broke the silence.

Unique had hoped that the woman wouldn’t ask. Now it was out, and she’d have to acknowledge the mess inside her head. She honestly had no idea on what to do.

“I’m not sure,” she muttered and fiddled with her fingers.

“Will you need me to take you to the police to file a report, and such?”

“No thanks. That won’t be needed.” She looked out of the kitchen window to the clear blue sky. She’d have to go back to the tree house. There had to be some sort of clue still.

“Suit yourself, hon. In the meantime; if you need a place to stay, my couch is available.” Annelka rose and started putting the breakfast items away.

“Thank you,” Unique said, but her thought were already far away.

--

It was much later when Unique stood in front of the scorched ground in the field. The whole tree was gone, and only ashes covered the former green place.

“Those fire wasps meant serious business,” she muttered. She stepped into the ashes, the borrowed flip-flops offering no protection. She didn’t know what she had hoped for, but it wasn’t this. Wasn’t there anything here that she could use? She looked around the place. The other trees were still in full bloom, and didn’t seem to have gotten affected by the fire or explosion.

She frowned. That was odd—fire normally didn’t stay within boundaries. However, it could make sense as this was a magical place, and the fire wasps weren’t exactly a human creature. She scratched her head.

A light flickered out of her peripheral vision, and she walked over to see what it was. Buried under the ashes, there was a small photo frame. The glass had caught a ray of sunshine and reflected it. She squatted down and took it up, while the sides were burnt, the photo of her and Sion was still intact. Unique stared at the picture. They looked so happy—she didn’t get it. They’d never talked or anything as she grew up, she couldn’t recall any friendly feelings before they came down here. How could they ever have been wedded? More importantly, how could her father have given his approval? Retro had always been super protective.

She leaned back on her bum with crossed legs, the picture was taunting her, and she removed the frame, holding the little paper close. Closing her eyes, she held it in her hands.

“I love you,” Sion said. He looked up at Unique, and found her adorable smile breathtaking. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want us to be together forever.”

She blushed, and Sion took forth the sacred pendant, that symbolized his power. Holding it out to her, he bowed his head.

“I want to do this the right way,” he said. “I want you to see me without my power, and I want you to think carefully, before answering my question.”

As Unique took the pendant, he could feel a sharp pain take place inside his heart. Sion ignored it—he knew that the pain was needed for this. He had to bare his heart and soul to her, in order to claim her as his.

“I don’t un—“

“Unique, I want you to marry me. I want us to be joined before the Origins, and I want to do this the right way,” he interrupted her. His heart sped up, and he was almost afraid to look up. Why was Unique so silent?

Sion couldn’t wait any more. Patience wasn’t a virtue that the God of Passion possessed. He glanced upwards to see tears sliding down Unique’s cheeks. Instantly, he was up on his feet, checking if she were okay.

“What’s wrong? Does it hurt? Please, don’t be sad,” the words fired after each other. She gave him a smile in return.

“Passion, Son of Fury, I accept your proposal,” she said, her grin growing wider with every word.

Sion almost couldn’t believe his own ears. She accepted! Granted, a part of him had counted on that, but another one had doubted. He smiled and hugged her tight, his lips finding hers.

“I love you,” she whispered against his lips. Pleasure filled him and healed the stab from his barren soul. He couldn’t have wished for more.

Unique was back to reality shortly after. Her mind was more baffled than before. He’d proposed and bared his soul to her.

Now, Unique knew that she wasn’t and expert on their history. Actually, it was closer to the opposite. But a small memory of the most sacred of all their ceremonies surfaced. For a God, to be married it would take an opening of the soul to their partner. They had to reveal all their weaknesses, in a way that left them vulnerable.

Of course, this was mostly unheard of now. The Origins had never married, in fear of becoming vulnerable. Plus, it was evident that most of them like to play with anyone they desired. Their offspring wasn’t much different, but there was a ceremony for it nevertheless. In this case, Unique hadn’t thought of a wedding to happen ever—especially not between her and Sion.

She sighed. What could she do? 

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Pantheon dancingcosmos

Фэнтези

147 0 18
Gifted, powerful Thesselaine, Called by the goddess of chaos as a baby, has lived on the goddess's temple all their life. Painfully curious, Thess wo...
The Artificer narancamali

Детектив / Триллер

36 0 10
In a mysterious world not too different from our own, the lucky, or unlucky few, are born with supernatural gifts called "Blessings." Those born with...
216 23 16
⚜ "I'm mortal. I can be both a God and an Evil." ⚜ She's just an ordinary girl with big dreams. But when she discovers strange antiques in an old hou...
49K 4.6K 52
**AVAILABLE ON AMAZON** (Book One in the Whispers of Nowhere trilogy) When Gwen's father gets home late from work, it's just another typical night fo...