The Price of Love • Draco Mal...

By slytheriniall

Skylar Smith is your typical 15-year-old witch. She attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue

Chapter 18

29K 614 215
By slytheriniall

[SKYLAR'S POV]

I fixed my hair and makeup after quickly throwing on the dress I was wearing to Slughorn's Christmas/New Year's Party. I sighed as I walked out of my dorm and down to Neville, who was sitting on the Common Room couch.

"Are you ready then, Neville?" I asked and he nodded, smiling.

"I sure am!" He replied excitedly, holding out his arm for me to take, which I gladly accepted.

"Thank you so much for going with me, Neville. I'll admit, I was afraid I would have to go alone. I would have asked Ron, if he would stop talking to that skank Lavender to actually talk to me once in a while" I muttered and he laughed.

"I'm glad to go with you; Slughorn invited me and I wasn't planning on going until you asked me. Where is this thing anyway?" Neville asked. 

"Er... I think it's in his office. If not, then I have absolutely no idea."

Neville and I walked to Slughorn's office, making small talk along the way. I figured we were going to the right place, because the faint sounds of music could be heard from down the hallway. Once we reached his office, the blaring music and loud conversation could be plainly heard. I timidly knocked on the door and an already-drunk Slughorn opened the door and grinned broadly.

"Ah! Miss Smith and Mister Longbottom! Come in, come in!" Slughorn boomed, guiding us inside. Neville sent me a wary look and I chuckled; Slughorn definitely loved parties. Either that, or he liked feeling popular. Probably both, honestly.

Neville and I quickly separated ourselves from Slughorn and looked around for someone we knew and actually felt like conversing with.

"Oh, look - It's Hermione! Hermione!" I yelled, trying to get her attention. She looked nervously over her shoulder and relief filled her eyes when she realized it was only me.

"Hello Skylar, Neville. Sorry about that, I keep trying to get away from Cormac. I've just asked him to go get us some drinks. I hate to be a burden, but can we move somewhere else? I'd love to ignore Cormac for the rest of this party..." Hermione said and I nodded. She pulled Neville and I off to a dark corner and we continued talking.

"Hermione, if you hate Cormac so much, why in Merlin's name did you ask him?!" I whisper-shouted at her.

"I thought he'd annoy Ron the most," she said, shrugging. Hermione had planned on asking Ron, but decided against it right after I did because he was constantly snogging Lavender. She was really getting on my nerves.

"Even though that's true, how can you expect to have a good time if all you're doing is hiding from Cormac?" I asked and Hermione let out an exasperated sigh.

"Oh, I don't know. I didn't want to come to this stupid party anyway!" she said, making me laugh.

"Guys, is that Luna and Harry?" Neville asked suddenly.

Hermione and I peered around the corner and, sure enough, Luna and Harry had just arrived. Slughorn quickly grabbed Harry and hauled him off to meet some famous bloke.

I muttered a quick, "I'll be back" to Hermione and Neville and walked over to where Harry was being annoyed by author Eldred Worple.

"I'm definitely not interested" I heard Harry say and I smirked.

'Way to be rude, Harry' I thought.

"Excuse me, sir, but I was wondering if I might borrow Harry for awhile" I said sweetly, walking up to Worple and Slughorn.

"Certainly, my dear" Worple said, looking slightly disappointed and Harry shot me a grateful look.

I grabbed Harry's hand and dragged him and Luna to where Hermione and Neville were waiting. "Thank you so much, Skye. Worple kept trying to get me to do some interviews with him to write a book..." Harry muttered.

"Well you didn't have to be so rude about it!" I said, glaring at him playfully.

"Sorry if I don't want to do some stupid interviews..." Harry grumbled. "Hermione! I thought you were here with Cormac!"

"Lower your voice, Harry! I don't want him to find me!" Hermione said sternly.

"You really shouldn't have asked him if he bothers you that much" Harry replied.

"Well, I thought he would annoy Ron the most!" she said again. "I considered Zacharias Smith for awhile..."

"You considered Smith?!" Harry asked, sounding revolted.

"Yes, I did, and I'm starting to regret not asking him. Cormac makes Grawp look like a gentleman! Oh no! Here he comes!" Hermione whimpered and she moved so fast you'd think she Disapparated.

McLaggen strutted over to us and I wrinkled my nose. Hermione was right, he did make Grawp look like a gentleman. "Hello Potter, Smith, Longbottom, Lovegood. Seen Hermione recently? I can't seem to find her anywhere"

"No, sorry" Harry and I said at the same time, sounding extremely suspicious. I struggled to hide my smile, knowing McLaggen would never stop bothering me if he thought I had seen Hermione recently.

"Bummer. If you happen to see her, let her know I'm looking for her!" He declared. Right as he turned around, I crossed my eyes and stuck out my tongue.

"What a git" Neville mumbled and Harry and I agreed.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Filch dragging Draco into Slughorn's office by his ear and my mood dropped considerably. "Professor Slughorn! I've caught this boy sneaking around in a corridor, not far from here. Says he was invited to your party and was just setting out."

"Alright alright! I was gate-crashing, happy?" he said angrily, his face turning red.

"My my, you're in trouble, you are" Filch said, a look of glee etched on his face.

"That's quite Alright, Argus, it's Christmas! You may stay, Draco" Slughorn said, waving his hand and smiling widely. "Let's just forget any punishment; it's not a crime to want to attend a party!"

Filch's gleeful expression quickly changed to one of complete disappointment, which I found considerably hilarious. I let out a loud laugh, causing Draco to turn and look at me. I noticed how sick Draco did actually look and I felt terrible. He had large bags under his eyes and any light they once held was gone.

[DRACO'S POV] 

I heard a loud laugh come from somewhere in the crowd. I looked around, ready to curse whoever was laughing at me and my eyes immediately landed on Skylar standing with Potter, Longbottom, and Lovegood. I knew she noticed how sick I looked because her eyes were suddenly clouded with a look of worry. I sent her a quick half-smile, causing her to scowl and roll her eyes. Even though she won't admit it, she still cares.

"Draco, a word" Snape drawled, looking furious.

"Now, now, Severus, let's not be too hard on the boy-"

"I am Head of his House, Horace, therefore, I shall determine how hard, or not, to be" Snape cut him off. He grabbed my shoulder and threw me out of Slughorn's office. Right as Snape led me around the corner, I saw Potter slip out of the office and begin to follow us.

Snape tugged me into a classroom and threw me up against a wall. "You cannot afford mistakes, Draco! If you are expelled-"

"I didn't do it, alright!" I yelled, frustrated.

"I hope you are telling the truth, because it was extremely foolish" he sneered. There was a pause as he whispered, "Legilimens" and attemped to invade my mind. I easily blocked him out, thanks to Bellatrix, who had prepared me for this.

"Ah, Aunt Bellatrix has been teaching you Occlumency, I see. What are you trying to conceal from your Master, Draco?"

I paused before answering. My mind immediately thought of Skylar; if He found out about her, she would be dead in a week. "Nothing" I answered quietly, though I could tell he knew I was lying.

"I understand your father being brought to Azkaban may have upset you, but you certainly cannot-"

I ignored Snape and broke free of his grasp, deciding to head back to the Common Room. I barged out of the classroom and I swear I heard a small breath being drawn from the door. I shrugged it off and walked down the corridor, fuming.

Stupid Snape, stupid mission, stupid everything! Why me? Why did the Dark Lord choose me? I didn't want this; I didn't want any of this! All because of this stupid mission, Skylar wouldn't talk to me, I looked like I was dead, and, frankly, I hated my life.

"Pureblood" I angrily muttered the password and stormed into the Common Room, only to be bombarded by Pansy.

"Oh, Draco! I wondered where you'd gone! I've missed you and I was terribly worried-"

"I don't care, Pansy, now leave me alone" I grumbled, shoving past her and sauntering up to my dorm. I flopped down on my bed and sighed deeply.

'Why me?'

******

A/N: I wrote this chapter super fast because I wanted to update more than once today, if possible. Please let me know what you think!

Comment

Vote

Follow me

Share<3

-kyra(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 71.2K 48
In which honesty had never been so missed and verity ever so falsified. "Then ruin me, Malfoy." - A Draco Malfoy fanfic with a messy plot. Trigger...
3.5K 97 21
When Skylar, a now 7th year Ravenclaw, finds herself in a rather horrid situation with 2 older Slytherins, shes rescued by the least suspected person...
345K 6K 76
Stella Blackwood, a pureblood witch who spent her life following traditions living by the rules of parents. Dating the hottest guy at Hogwarts, getti...
227K 5.8K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...