In Time {An Assassin's Creed...

By FeedMeFryes

You are a happy go lucky, creative young girl who finds herself shipped off to London by her parents to stay... More

Chapter 1 - Ladylike
Chapter 2 - Welcome To London
Chapter 3 - An Induction, Of Sorts
Chapter 4 - A Taste of London
Chapter 5 - Undeniable
Chapter 6 - To Be Or Not To Be?
Chapter 7 - Bait
Chapter 8 - The Enemy's Puppet
Chapter 9 - Pretty When You Cry
Chapter 10 - Let Me Love You
Chapter 11 - 'Jacob Frye, You Are A Burden.'
Chapter 12 - Jealous?
Chapter 13 - Pride
Chapter 14 - Only One
Chapter 15 - Queen of The Rooks
Chapter 16 -The Blackest Day
Chapter 18 - Your Blessing, Sir?
Chapter 19 - I Believe in Divinty
Chapter 20 - Old Money
SEQUEL IS NOW UP

Chapter 17 - Obligation

3.2K 165 30
By FeedMeFryes

A/N: I'm writing in bed again like a baby in my fluffy pyjamas- expect unlike babies I am 200% sin. 

----

As soon as your body had smacked the surface of the rust brown coloured water of the Thames, you were dragged like a stone sinking in a stream, pulled this way and that with the conflicting currents of passing barges and boats.

You kicked and spluttered in a panic to surface, unable to open your eyes to the more than grotesque waters, your dress suddenly a weighty bother as you tried to fight the pull of the river, further panicking about how deep the water was, and how eerily dark everything felt.

You were going to die.

------

6:30am.

The London skies were bleak- a grey overcast had merged with the usual thick smog of the city, the sunlight desperately trying to break through only to succeeded in becoming a bright white light veiled behind the clouds and the smoke.

Half an hour earlier the Rooks had been briefed on what their sole objective was- they were obligated to find you and that alone.

Jacob had assigned everyone their position, before he paced up and down the bank side of the river himself, waiting on a miracle for someone to find you.

"Jacob," a familiar voice that as of recent, had sounded so stern. The younger Frye twin looked up to see his sister, her face ridden with a sadness.

"Maria told me... About Miss Bell." She started, shaking her head, "I know you have affections for her."

"I know it pains you to be close to me after what I did at the party." Jacob grizzled, Evie rolling her eyes in a tiresome fashion.

"I'm not an idiot, Jacob Frye. I can piece together the evidence, I know you snuck off with (name) at the party." She said, sounding more teasing than angry, watching her brother go a shade of red as he blushed slightly.

"I should've known... How could I expect you to leave her be- you love her, and very clearly so." She added compassionately, letting her hand fall to Jacob's broad shoulder, "I forgive you for what happened."

Sighing with a relieved small smile, Jacob felt a weight lift from his shoulders. At least losing his twin sister was one less thing to worry about.

There was a moment of unpressed silence between the two, before Evie lifted her sapphire eyes.

"I could help if you wish-"

"Only if your not busy." Jacob answered quickly, his eyes fleeing down as he felt them prickle and sting with tears. "I just can't help but feel this is all futile- a waste of time." He managed to say, his voice croaky and full of hurt as he tried to suck up his sadness, lifting his eyes to meet Evie's caring gaze.

"Keep faith Jacob, (name) is a strong girl- I have a positive feeling." She said truthfully- she had seen you change and adapt a lot to London since you arrived- and Evie could sense that the fall from the bridge hadn't wiped your existence from the planet.

It was all just about finding where exactly you were.

----

The water around your body had drained every bit of might you had, prickling against your skin sharply and chilling your senses to the core, you felt numb, and like a piece of driftwood you let yourself go with whatever direction the river took you, a sensation of slowly slipping away entering your mind.

"There's somebody out there!" a voice shouted, your brain just barely able to register the words that became raised from over the waves of the river, and there was the clear sound of running in the water, frantic splashes as you felt someone's arms hook under your own, dragging you from the river and up a concrete slope, your back then lowered slowly against the cold cobbles, as you began to shake violently.

"She's freezing, someone fetch her a blanket!" the man cried, the words merely noises around you, your mind constantly figuring as to what had happened- trying to remember the details- how you had ended up so bitterly frozen, your hair and skin soaked through.  All around your people began to fuss, scuttling around you, blankets being dropped over your form- so many voices, and so many questions.

"Jacob..." you managed to croak, the single thing that had remained clear throughout the bitter night spent in the river's cold choke. Everyone around you paused, looking among eeach other in confusions.

"Jacob? Who is Jacob, Miss?" the man had asked, hi face spelling confusion as you managed to prop yourself up on your elbows, your bones feeling like glass, cold and fragile.

"Jacob, I have to get back to him." you added, your voice as weak as you felt, as you attempted multiple times to get up onto your feet, falling back each time with a defeated sigh, it didn't stop your small frame going back each time until you managed to claw yourself to a stand.

"Miss, you need a doctor." a modest looking woman added with a cautionary tone, to which you shook your head. Your simple, once blue dress had been washed of all of it's colour, your hair was a matted mess and your skin was even paler than before- but you didn't care, you needed to see Jacob.

The weight of your own frame felt so heavy, and the dull ache of your muscles made each step a challenge, searing pain running to each nerve ending. Your mind never left the image of seeing Jacob's face again, petrified he'd assumed you dead and was worried- you didn't want to put him through that pain.

------

Noon came around quicker than expected, the sky now further darkened as it through spattering rain down over the city of London, Jacob still searching the banks, his entire clothing soaked through, rain dripping from his features as he drew in each breath of the cold air slowly, in and out.

The Assassin had received many reports from the Rooks over the past few hours, and not one of them entailing the news he was hoping to hear.

Sir, we've found her

Those words were all he wanted to hear, he wanted to hold you close and feel you against his body, drinking in your presence and existence which he now felt he had rather taken for granted. He craved just to let you know how much he adored you, and how much you meant to him- or to put it simple- how much he loved you.

"Jacob, it's pouring down." Evie's voice came, as she squinted her bright blue eyes slightly due to the veil of rain in front of her gaze, "Come away for a while, the Rooks shall continue."

Pained, her brother looked up slowly, a guilty and heart broken look on his face, as he wordlessly shook his head, his jaw shifting slightly as he held back the need to cry. He couldn't let it break him, he had to stay strong for you.

"No, my place is here. I should stay." he replied, offering a very short and weak smile, "I shall see you back at the train tonight." he said, watching as Evie reluctantly left him alone.

Jacob groaned as he turned back to face the view of the River Thames, taking in the sight of the many barges and boats filled with his Rooks that prowled the River back and fourth, looking for you- and once again starting the soul crushing cycle- as he waited impatiently for a sign, anything- that you were alright.

-------

The London streets seemed so cold and unfriendly, and everywhere eyes looked over you in confusion, people actively crossing the street to avoid you.

It wasn't to be unexpected, due to the fact your form was sodden and you effectively looked a mess, stumbling rather vague looking, as you searched aimlessly- just hoping you would somehow run into your love by chance.

The pain that had risen in your body due to the bitter freezing temperatures of the River had only increased over the many steps you had taken, so much so, as you walked along the street side you grounded to a stop, back slumping against the brickwork wall of a shop, your chest rising and falling quickly.

"We should be returning back to the River before Mr Frye finds out we've been down the pub." a snarky, short Rook chuckled with his friend, as the pair strolled idly down the opposite side of the street, clearly having taken a sneaky break from their ordered duty for a quick pint.

The other's light brown eyes cast over to you, leaning against the wall in sheer exhaustion, before he gasped and tugged the sleeve of his companion with an urgency.

"That's her! Quick- if we get her back we'll most likely get a handsome reward!" he shrieked, more bothered about the money than the devotion to his gang leader. All you could register where the two green attired men rushing towards you.

"Miss Bell, we're going to get you back to Mr Frye now." they said with an overly kind tone, probably hoping that if you'd been treated kindly, the reward may be increased. "Step slowly, Miss." he added, seeing your steps were rather short and stumbled due to the pain and fatigue of your muscles. Still you were escorted efficiently through to a carriage, your exhausted form slumping in the seats as soon as you sat, your mind growing tired.

You wanted to stay awake, just long enough to see Jacob again- and then you could finally rest at ease, knowing you were with him.

-----

Standing dully on the bankside of the river, the sky having luckily let up it's onslaught of rain for a while,  Jacob waited again- the next update due in a few minutes or so- although his hopes weren't all too high.

That was until, the Assassin turned to sound of carriage wheels rolling across the cobbles on the street, and he was puzzled for the first few seconds until he saw two of his Rooks smirking proudly.

"We found Miss-" he didn't even get to finish his words before Jacob shot quickly across the space to the carriage, wrenching open the door.

His heart all but warmed and ached in the same moment- he could see you were so cold and so exhausted, but yet to see you smiling as best you could at him just made him finally become a victim to his tears.

Urgently, Jacob climbed into the carriage and sat right beside you, immediately pulling your frozen form against himself.

"You're freezing." he said, laughing lightly as he pressed a kiss into yur damp hair, ignoring the fact you smelt strongly of the River water. "(name) I was scared sick- I though I'd lost you."

"I'm still here." you managed to croak softly, a weary smile cracking onto your face as you felt him laugh out of relief, his arms around you so comforting and reassuring you were convinced in that moment you could survive of it alone.

"I love you," he began, kissing you again, "I should've told you earlier but I do- I love you endlessly, and I can whole heartedly say that in the honest truth." he rambled, realising he didn't really make much sense but the effect was there, seeping from the tone of his voice.

As he cradled you, you felt your eyes growing heavier with the need for sleep and for warmth.

"I love you too..." you managed to croak, before another shiver took your body, alerting your love that you needed immediate attention.

"Come on, I'll have the Rooks take us back to Aleck's shop- he needs to know you're okay." Jacob started, before he sighed softly, "And I suppose it's time we told your Uncle about us, he deserves to know, doesn't he not?"

"He needs to know." you said with a strained voice, "you're the biggest part of my life now, it's important he gets only the truth..."

After that, once the Rooks were given their directions, sleep enveloped your mind and whisked you away from the cold and ache in your body, as you rested comfortably in Jacob's arms, his eyes never leaving you once, generally mesmerized and so joyfully relieved  to have you there by his side.

------

A/N: YUCKY. This chapter was tough to write, and I just feel like as this goes on my quality of writing is slipping, and there's nothing I can do about it :( Not long to go now anyway, I think I might get this book finished within 20 chapters.

Thank you all so much for reading anyway, love you all xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 689 32
Emily Drake a 16 year old girl who loves to read. She lost her mother due to an unknown illness. Her father sends her away to live with her uncle Ale...
208K 3.1K 36
A short story about our favorite female assassin and a lovable male assassin (You) Assassins Creed is owned by Ubisoft See an adventure that tests th...
1.1K 12 68
After Starrick's death, the Frye twins follow different paths. Evie goes to Crawley to handle some assertions of the creed with Henry, as for Jacob h...
34K 1.6K 28
[Jacob x Reader] During a time of great oppression, a time of invention, a time of great supremacy to the more wealthy, you learn that despite being...