Tragedy ° DEAN WINCHESTER

By bokuroos

show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy. [dean winchester x emery wilson] [supernatural; season one-three... More

oo. | playlist
o. | the origin story of emery wilson
i. | stanford, here we are
ii. | jericho california... what a wonderful place
iii. | well, it turns out constance was a bitch
iv. | hey we're rangers now i guess
v. | nobody likes a cannibal
vi. | decent pick-up lines
vii. | don't forget to breathe
viii. | sulfur leads to demonic possession
ix. | demons shouldn't be our problem
x. | bloody mary, three times in the bathroom mirror
xi. | i'm coming back to haunt both your asses
xii. | make it seem like a hooker
xiii. | i'm gonna miss my own funeral
xiv. | the sassier the better
xv. | screwdriver phobia
xvi. | in which the wilchester trio is busy
xvii. | she finally blew up
xviii. | emery, the vampire slayer
xix. | happily married couple
xx. | they're gone
xxi. | surprise!
xxii. | all she remembers
xxiii. | suffocating
xxiv. | goodbye
xxv. | it affects everyone differently
xxvi. | two words: f*** that
xxvii. | i hate carnivals
xxviii. | mind control or something
xxix. | psychic visions and dams
xxx. | missing in action
xxxi. | bitch; jerk
xxxiii. | it's just loki
xxxiv. | a whole new world
xxxv. | trust your gut
xxxvi. | death of a bachelor
xxxvii. | let it go
xxxviii. | beautiful flower
IMPORTANT; please read
xxxix. | in which emery is sick of everyone's shit
xl. | casualty of war
finale. | sacrifices and heroes
one shot. | love you goodbye
note; editing contest
note; editing results

xxxii. | they made me slow dance

50.2K 1K 693
By bokuroos

Disclaimer; I do not own Supernatural. If I did, I would make an episode where the boys go into an alternate universe and live a day in the other one's life.

Tall Tales; Part One
_________

"Sometimes, in my tent, late at night, I think I can hear the stars scraping against the sky." -Cassie Sullivan

EMERY WAS LAUGHING A LITTLE BIT too hard at the stupid fight the boys were having. It was obvious that neither of them had done the accused and Emery was in the middle, the neutral party, Team Switzerland. Dean expected her to choose his side, since they were officially a couple, but Emery crossed her arms, rolled her eyes and watched out of the door.

Emery was sitting in Dean and her's bed because they were in a lover's spat over the whole 'choosing sides' thing. Dean was on Sam's bed, eating fries that looked like they were going to clog his arteries. Sam was sitting on the couch, trying to do research, by the book, since his laptop was frozen on a porn site. Dean had the radio playing rock music and Emery would have told him to shut the hell up, but they weren't on speaking terms at the moment.

"Dude, you mind not eating those on my bed?" Sam snapped. Dean took a look at Emery, who was into one of those Carver Edlund books, before grabbing another couple of fries.

"No, I don't mind." Emery glanced up from her book to see Sam shake his head, before going back to trying to concentrate. Dean, however, decided to be a dick and asked him a question that set him off. "So, how's research?"

"You know how it's going? You know how it would go a heck of a lot faster? If I had my computer." Dean gave Sam a sarcastic smile. The taller one sighed, before going back to the book of lore. He started flipping through pages, before turning to Dean. "Can you turn that down, please?"

"Yeah, absolutely," Dean stated, before reaching out to the volume knob and turning it. The volume went up and this time Emery slammed her book shut, before glaring at Dean with a death glare.

"You know what, maybe you should just go somewhere for a while," Sam stated, his face screwed up with irritation. Emery was still pointedly glaring at Dean, hoping his mind would simply blow up or his hair would spontaneously combust. Along with his body.

Dean, at the even implied mention of his screwed up Baby, reached down and turned the rock music down. "Hey, I'd love to. But, unfortunately, my car is all screwed to hell!"

"Dean, I told you I had nothing to do-"

A pounding on the hotel room's door snapped Sam and Dean out of their fight. Everyone turned to look at the door, Emery being the one to open it up. She smiled widely as she saw Bobby, throwing her arms around the older man. He seemed taken aback, but hugged her back nonetheless.

"Hey, Bobby!" Sam and Dean said in unison, each one getting up to greet the older man. Emery glared at Dean from behind the man's back, forgetting all about what had happened in the last couple of cases.

Like, saving that little girl from drowning because of her imaginary (dead) friend pushing her to do so. Or laughing with him about Rob, the guy who thought a shapeshifter had been an android. Rob had die in the end, being sniped by SWAT or the FBI. At the end of the night, Dean was pinned for all the murders and the three of them had to sneak out in FBI gear. Emery got to know how much Dean didn't believe in God or Angels.

And then there was Sam getting possessed by a demon, and then having to save Jo from her. Yes, the demon, more commonly known as Meg, had possessed Sam and decided to fuck to the Winchester and Friend's life.

And now, they were at this moment in time.

"It's good to see you boys so soon," Bobby told them, walking further into the rundown motel room.

"Yeah, uh, thanks for coming," Sam stated, patting Bobby on the shoulder as a welcome. "Come on in."

"Thank God you're here," Dean said, shaking Bobby's hand in welcome.

"So, um, what did you not want to talk to me on the phone about," Bobby asked, watching Emery as she sat beside Sam, his eyebrows furrowing.

"These two are fighting and of course I'm dragged into it," Emery scoffed, staring at Bobby, and avoiding Dean's angry eyes.

Sam ignored Emery, saying the semi-actual response. "It's this job we're working. We- we weren't sure you'd believe us."

Bobby scoffed. "Well, I can believe a lot."

"No, yeah, yeah. I know. It's just- we've never seen anything like it."

"Not even close," Dean cut in, looking solely on Bobby.

"And we thought we could use some fresh eyes."

"Well," Bobby said, looking between the three of them. "Why don't you begin at the beginning?"

"Yeah, um, alright, please." Sam said, everyone finding their own places in front of the older hunter. "So, it all started when we caught wind of an obit. See, a professor took a nosedive out of a fourth-story window. Only there is a campus legend that the building's haunted. So, we pretexted as reporters from the local paper."

(A/N: Italics mean that the story has started)

Sam and Emery sat at the bar table, talking to a bunch of college students about the professor. Sam pulled out a recorder, pushing the record button, before looking expectantly at the kids. Emery had a paper and pen, looking like she was ready to jot down notes.

"Yeah, we both had the Professor for Ethics and Morality," the male student stated, taking a drink from his beer.

"Yeah? So why do you think he did it?" Sam asked, looking at the two seriously.

"Who knows? He was tenured, wife and kids, his book was, like, a really big deal," there was a pause, both Emery and Sam looking at both of them nodding. "But, then again, whose to say it was suicide?"

"Jen, come on," the other student said to the girl, Jen.

"Well, what else could it be?" Emery asked, looking between the two.

"Well, you know about Crawford Hall."

"No, we don't, actually," Sam stated, sitting up in his chair, interested.

"It's a bunch of crap. It's totally an urban legend!" The male college student said.

"Yeah? Well, Heather's mom went to school here and she knew the girl," Jen defended, looking at her friend with a serious look.

"Wait, what girl?" Emery asked, straightening her back in interest.

"Like thirty years ago, this girl was having an affair with some professor. He broke it off. She jumped out the window and killed herself," Jen told them and her friend scoffed.

"You know her name?" Sam asked, looking at Jen expectantly.

"No, but they say she jumped from room 669. Get it, you turn the nine upside down," Jen stated. Emery wondered how she got through college, but then realized she probably had alcohol in her system. Still, she wasn't the brightest lightbulb in the batch. "So now she haunts the building. And anyone who sees her, they don't live to tell the tale."

"Well, if no one lives to tell the tale, how does the tale get told?" The male college student asked and Emery furrowed her eyebrows. He was kind of drunk.

"Curtis, shut up!" Jen exclaimed, looking angrily at Curtis, her friend.

"You know what? Thanks a lot guys, excuse us," Sam said, clicking off the recorder as Emery and Sam stood up.

The two of them walked up to the bar, seeing Dean downing three shots of some kind of purple liquor. Emery raised her eyebrows, but rolled her eyes at the girl that was going to hang off of Dean. The two of them had a bet to see how many numbers the two of them could get at bars. Emery was winning with six in one night. It helped that she wasn't picky on who she got the numbers from.

"Dean, what are you-? What are you drinking?" Sam asked, looking at Dean, disgusted.

"I don't know, man, I think they're called purple nurples," Dean said drunkingly, laughing quite hard at the name.

"Listen, I think maybe we should go check the professor's office," Sam stated, Emery nodding in approval.

"Oh, no, no, no, no. I can't right now! 'Cause I got some feisty little wildcat that I'm about to score the number of. I'm so close!" Dean whispered, smirking at Emery. "I'll introduce you."

Sam tried to object, but Dean was already calling her over. Emery stared at the girl with wide eyes as she hung herself off of Dean, after taking a shot of purple nurple. Sam was introduced as Major Tom and Emery as Leia Organa. Starla introduced herself, a drunken smile on her face.

Then, Starla started to gag, but held the bile down, explaining that she was trying to hold down her liquor.

(A/N: The italics words mean that the story's were interrupted, kay?)

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!" Dean stated, looking around the sharing circle in the hotel room. "Hold on a minute."

"What?" Sam asked, looking from Dean, to Emery, to Bobby, then back to Dean.

"Come on, Dude!" Dean stated. "That's not how it happened!"

"No? So you never drank a purple nurple?"

"Yeah, maybe that. But I don't say things like "feisty little wildcat." And her name wasn't Starla."

"Then what was it?"

"I don't know. But she was a classy chick. She was a grad student: Anthropology and Folklore. We were talking about local ghost stories."

Dean stood in front of a girl dressed in a classy black dress, both of them leaning against the bar as they held a purple nurple shot in one hand. They were going to toast, both having small smiles on their faces.

"Here's to-" the classy girl (that wasn't named Starla) started, before being interrupted by Dean.

"Here's to us," he stated, before their shot glasses touched, making a clink sound, before the two of them took the alcohol back.

"My God, you are attractive."

"Thanks, but no time for that now," Dean stated, "you need to tell me about this urban legend. Please, lives are at stake."

"I'm sorry, I just- I can't even concentrate, it's like, staring into the sun."

Dean simply smiled at her and she grabbed his hand, before writing her number on it. She then kissed his palm above the numbers, before looking up at him, smiling cheekily at him.

Behind him, Emery and Sam walked up, Sam having his jacket slung over his shoulder and Emery dressed in a crop top AC/DC shirt, her belly showing, a black leather jacket with studs on the shoulders, a pair of tight leather pants, and some black heels. She was smirking smoothly, but there was jealousy in her eyes.

"Dean, what do you think you are doing?" Sam asked sassily, his mouth going into a tight, sarcastic smile after the comment.

"Sam, please," Dean said, looking over his shoulder before turning to Emery. He seemed to disregard the girl who he just got her number and turned to his girlfriend, his eyes filling with lust. "If you wouldn't mind," Dean licked his lips and Emery gave a sly smirk. "Just give me five minutes here."

Obviously, he wanted more time with his girlfriend.

"Dean, this is a very serious investigation. We don't have time for any of your blah-blah blah-blah," Sam stated again, but Dean rolled his eyes, taking Emery by the waist and pressing their lips together. As they started to make out, Dean's hands sliding to Emery's butt, Sam kept on talking, the only thing Dean hearing is "blah, blah, blah."

"Right, and that's how it really happened," Sam stated. Dean shrugged, a smug smirk on his face. Emery was massaging her temples, her head hurting from all the fighting. Everyone was fighting. "I don't sound like that, Dean!"

"That's what you sound like to me," Dean stated, turning to Bobby.

"And by the way," Emery looked at Dean, "you didn't get her number. Also, I don't own a pair of leather pants, you dickhole! Plus, that AC/DC crop top happened one time when I was sixteen, stop bringing it up!"

"Okay, what's going on with you three?"

Sam looks exasperated as he answers. "Nothing, it's nothing!"

"Come on, you three are bickering like an old married couple," Bobby stated.

"No. See, married couples can get divorced-" Emery narrowed her eyes at Dean's words.

"Are you saying you wanna break up?"

"No! No! Listen, Sam and I are stuck together like Siamese Twins!"

"Oh, and what about me?" Emery asked sassily, raising her eyebrows while giving Dean a tightlipped smile.

"Well, obviously I want to be with you, we're having a lover's spat!"

"Oh, and it's conjoined twins," Emery and Sam sassed together.

"See what I mean?" Dean turned to Bobby, motioning to Sam.

"Look, we've just been on the road too long. Tight quarters and all that. Don't worry about it," Sam stated, sighing as he spoke quieter.

"So, anyway, we figured it might be a haunting, so we went to check on the scene of the crime."

"So, how long you been working here?" Sam asked the janitor that had been showing them into the room.

"I've been mopping this floor for six years," he stated, unlocking the door to the professor's office. When he got it unlocked, he smiled triumphantly, stating "there you go, guys!" Sam got the EMF detector out, starting it up, which made a little beep resign through the room. The janitor, that Emery swore she knew from somewhere, turned to look at it. "What the heck's that for?"

"Just finding wires in the walls," Sam stated, motioning to the walls around the room.

"Ah, well, not sure why you're wiring up this office," he stated, leaning against one of the walls. "Not gonna do the professor much good."

"Why's that?" Dean asked, looking at the janitor.

"He's dead."

"Oh, what happened?"

"He went out that window," he pointed at the window behind the desk. "Right there."

"Yeah? Were you working that night?" Sam asked, looking at the window with a smile on his face.

"I'm the one who found him."

"You see it happen?"

"Nope. I just saw him come up here and... Well..."

In the background, Dean was grabbing some kind of dessert that had been sitting on a table in the office.

"What?"

"He wasn't alone."

Sam scoffed, as Dean came over, cheeks stuffed with the desserts. Through a full mouth, he asked, "who was he with?"

"Come on! I ate one, maybe two." Dean argued, glaring at Sam.

"Oh, no, you definitely had more than two," Emery argued, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Just let me tell it, okay?" Sam told them, before continuing.

"He was with a young lady. I told the cops about her, but, uh, I guess they never found her."

Emery looked at Dean with disgust as he continued to chew the desserts. They were making spit-like sounds in her mouth and Emery vowed to herself to never kiss him again.

"You saw this girl go in, huh? But did you ever see her come out?" Sam asked, motioning with the EMF meter at the room around them.

"Now that you mention it, no."

"You ever see her before around?" Emery asked, intrigued. (And she was still trying to figure out why he was so fucking familiar.)

"Well, not her."

"What do you mean?" Dean asked, Emery cringing at the sound of his muffled voice. She wished she could murder him, right then, right there.

"I don't mean to cast aspersions on a dead guy... But, uh, Mr. Morality here? He brought a lot of girls up here. Got more ass than a toilet seat."

Both Emery and Sam chuckled at the joke, while Dean laughed a lot louder than necessary. He hit Sam's chest in recognition, before stuffing another candy in his mouth.

"One more thing, this building, it only has four stories, right?" Sam asked, ignoring Dean as he dug through the bowls of sweet.

"Yeah."

"So, there wouldn't be a room 669?"

"Of course not. Why do you ask?"

"Ah, just curious. Thanks."

"Yeah."

Back at the room, they opened the door, Sam telling them that there was no EMF in the professor's office. Emery walked to the bed that she and Dean were assigned, flopping down on it face first, snuggling with Dean's shirt that he wore to bed.

Emery was too tired to talk to Dean about bustyasianbeautys.com and she snuggled closer to the stuff with the smell of her boyfriend.

"But did you dig up anything about the building? Or about the suicidal co-ed?" Bobby asked, Sam and him pacing as Emery sat glaring at Dean still.

"No, history's clean," Sam stated, walking over to the couch.

"Then it's not a haunting."

"Maybe not," Dean answered. "To tell you the truth, we're not really sure."

"What do you mean you're not sure," Bobby asked.

"Well, it's weird," Sam stated.

"What's weird?"

"This next part, we, uh, we didn't see it happen ourselves exactly, but it's pretty friggin weird, even for us."

☪✡

After Dean told Bobby about the abduction of Aliens, Bobby tried to get his initial shock off by asking the simplest of questions. It was simply: aliens?

Then, Bobby shared with them that he has never found evidence of a real life abduction. They were usually all just nut cases or people pranking other people. But, the three of them continued the story, anyway.

The three of them sat in front of Curtis at the same bar as the other night, watching as the college student took one of three shots that were on the table and downed it. Emery starred at the kid with furrowed eyebrows, feeling awkward as she sat between Sam and Dean, her hand clutched in Dean's.

"You gotta give those purple nurples a try," Dean stated. "Phew." He chuckled, it turning awkward as Curtis glared at him.

Sam cleared his throat. "So what happened, Curtis?"

"You won't believe me, nobody does," Curtis told them, his voice husky.

"Give us a chance," Emery told him, looking at him with her puppy dog eyes.

"I do not want this in the papers," Curtis said, pointing at Emery.

"Off the record then," Dean agreed, Emery giving him a smile.

"I, uh... I blacked out and, uh, I lost time and when I woke up, I don't know where I was," Curtis tells, looking down at the table, fidgeting with one of the empty alcohol glasses.

"Then what?" Sam asked, leaning in closer to Curtis.

"They did tests on me. And, um," he set the other glass down, the one he was fidgeting with, before picking up another shot and downing it quickly. "And they, um... They probed me."

Dean looked taken aback. "They probed you?"

"Yeah, the probed me. Again and again and again and again and again," Curtis picked up the last shot that was on the table and downed it.

Dean and Emery shared an amused look, Emery actually trying to contain her laughter. It was actually kinda funny how an alien probed him so many times. Come on?!

"And again and again and again and then one more time."

With a completely straight face (which made Emery want to laugh even more than she already did) Dean said, "yikes."

"No, and that's not even the worst of it."

"How could it get any worse?" Emery was now biting her lip to stop herself from laughing so hard. This kid could not be serious could he? Dean continued with that he was saying, a smile on his face as he looked at Emery. "Some alien made you his bitch."

"They-" Curtis paused, trying to collect his words. "They made me slow dance."

Emery could barely contain her laughter as she excused herself to go to the bathroom. Once in, the laughter bubbled out of her mouth loudly and she hoped that Curtis couldn't hear her.

"You guys are exaggerating again, huh?" Bobby asked, turning to look at the three of them sat in the couch.

They all looked up at him, faces devoid of emotion as the three of them said in unison, "no."

"Then this frat boy's just nuts."

"We're not so sure," Dean stated.

_____________

edited.

so, i was gonna skip this chapter, but then i thought; all the gif possibilities.

also, along with this, i am posting a jo/emery one shot for you guys. you should go check it out. (also, please do not hate on me. it was my first time writing girlxgirl.)

thanks so much for reading!

ps; is there anyone you see emery with outside of the supernatural universe (like say the marvel universe, or tvd universe, or anything else?) if you do, please let me know!

pps; dedicated to SCARLETWITCHES because she isn't even caught up with the tv series (though fanfic and tumblr helped her out) and she is still reading this book. thanks so much, mika!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 198 44
Together Dean and Evangeline fall out of heaven He gets dragged back into the cruel life of a hunter while she discovers the life of an almost human...
419K 8.9K 65
A bunch of Supernatural imagines, all with them X the reader. You can always request stuff, just personal message me! Hope you enjoy! I don't own Su...
102K 2.4K 34
Ranking #10 in DeanWinchester 10/3/2021 Ranking #1 in SPNFanFiction 1/25/2021 [COMPLETED VERSION-UNDER EDITING] (This fanfiction is based off season...
2.1K 54 39
Dean's got a year to live. Sam is trying desperately everyday to find a way to save him. And angels are telling Ivanna Lee Hope that the Winchesters...