The Most Beautiful Moment In...

By caramelthoughts

Bangtan Sonyeondan is your ultimate Korean male group. Charisma, aegyo, sex appeal; name it, they have it. Th... More

Chapter 1: Meet Them
Chapter 2: Life of a Fan is Hard
Chapter 4: To Chase A Dream
Chapter 5: Favorite Bandana
Chapter 6: Run
Chapter 7: A Monster's Spell
Chapter 8: The Untalkative Bunny
Chapter 9: Tour

Chapter 3: Your Future

151 6 0
By caramelthoughts

1 MONTH LATER.

I awaken to the sound of Yoongi's commanding voice. As usual, my alarm forces me up; The Rise of Bangtan by BTS. The scent of the air is quite different today. It smells like rain. It's raining in the middle of July.

Rain according to Wikipedia is liquid water in the form of droplets that have condensed from atmospheric water vapor and then precipitated - that is, become heavy enough to fall under gravity.

I hate the rain. Bad memories come rushing back whenever I hear the unsteady rhythm of falling rain. It's not nostalgia. Neither is it being pessimistic. I know, they say that you can't have rainbows without a little rain. I might as well live my life without rainbows then.

"You're just jealous because of how raindrops are very brave. They fall without regret and then leave as fast, disappearing without a trace. Never forget."

And I remember all the awful things that happened to me, happened when it was raining.
I cringe at the thought. What could be waiting for me today?

Just then Elsa bursts through the door. "Papapapapapapapappa. Gew moonin" she happily greets. "You have mail Mics. Here, open it." Taking the package I say, "Keep calm. You're going to wake Nanay up."

Satansoo. You just had to do something. Uggggh.

She sits across me and observes me as I open the package. I find a few essential supplies (shampoo, conditioner, cookies and the like). I also find a big, long, white envelope.

Oh God, no. Like the girl in Scream, I am shocked af.

Before opening the envelope, "Uhm. Elsa, could you not stare at me like that? I swear my skin is going to melt any second now."

"But I'm curious. It's unusual for you to be receiving packages other than the start of semesters."

"Wow, you are a stalker!" I jokingly hit her and push her outside, locking the door after.

Soon I sit and examine the mail. Inside the envelope, I find thick documents, two plane tickets with my name on them. One, to Manila. The other one, to the US. They have dates on them.

I cover my face as I remember the conversation me and my mom had that day.

BANG, BANG, BANG.

"Unnie, Mics! Open the door; I'm going to be late at this rate." Elsa pleads.

A few days more, huh? I better make this count or else I'll regret it.
Sorry Elsa. I'm going to have to tell you later. You might change my mind.

FLASHBACK.

My fingers rushed to dial the mobile number I knew by heart. It rang for 10 seconds before she picked it up. Taking a breath before saying a single word.

"Ma? May problema po ba?" I asked her if there was any problem.

"Micah, may importante akong sasabihin sa'yo. I'm sure, masisiyahan ka nang husto!" (Micah, I have something important to tell you. I'm sure, it'll make you really happy.) My mom cheerfully replied.

"Ommo. What is it, Ma? Are you letting me marry Gragon? Or is it Kyungsoo? It's okay, Ma. I might even just settle for Mark Tuan. ㅋㅋㅋ"

Laughing so hard at my ridiculous thought, I think I must've lost my mind studying a medical science course, working and delving into the dark side. She must be used to her daughter saying such stuffs anyway, she won't mind.

Yet what I considered as a normal light joke, offended my mother.

"Tigilan mo na yan ha. Hindi na sya nakakatawa." (Stop that already. It's not funny anymore.) "You're not focusing on your future anymore. Stop mentioning dragons or other Japanese names. Have you forgotten why I let you study there? It was because I thought you'd become mature, independent and responsible. Instead you've become this Chinese-obsessed child. Seriously, Micah." She ranted.

Ma they're not Japanese or Chinese! They're Korean for goodness sake.

Gone was the teen-like mother I grew accustomed to. She was replaced by this serious person overly concerned about what I was doing with my life. I thought she was done talking but no, she had more things to say. Much important things to say.

"Is your dream really to be a doctor? Prove it to me, Nak. (Nak = Anak = Child) Go stay with your Aunt Grace in the states for me while studying medicine." She said.

I was dumbfounded I couldn't even think of words to say. I just held the phone against my ear waiting for the heavens to open up and pull me. Nothing like that happened doe.

Truth be told, I was torn between two worlds. It was reaaaaaallly my dream to study medicine and become a successful doctor if God permitted. But my life was here. In the Philippines. Who am I going to turn to if I encountered some problems? What's going to happen to me there? With no one around what was I going to do? Yeah, alright, Aunt Grace is there but that's different. It's just different. I'm afraid of making this decision. I'm not so sure.

Then like an omen, my other phone vibrated. It was my 10 pm Go to sleep alarm. The alarm was some BTS member's compiled log. Yes it was in Korean but because I've listened to it a thousand times and memorized its translation, I understood.

Did I just hear it right? Micah.. He.. He just said you should follow your dream.

"Ma, when am I going?" I ask hesitantly.

"Now look who's already excited. Sweetie, you can go once your Visa gets approved. I'll be sending the documents you'll need. Fill up the papers. Be sure to check all the requirements. Also, don't forget to.." My mom went on and on but I wasn't listening anymore.

Did he just tell me what to do? I can't believe I let BTS decide my future.

Once the call ended, I lie on my bed spreading my arms on opposite sides and form a rectangle with my hand. Sort of like taking a picture, I focus on the shining light bulb in our room. I picture my life. And stay like that for a few minutes. Yup, I've just lost my mind.

Realizing that everyone else is sleeping, I switch off the light and tuck myself good night.
I hear Elsa snore from the other side of the room.

Funny how the things that once annoyed me, now make me want to latch and grab hold of them. Moments as simple as these, I should treasure them while I can. Oh wow, that was deep!

"HAHAHAHAHA", I laugh boisterously opening the door.

"What took you so long? I'm really late for Econ class. Huhu" Elsa whining.

"Sorry but I have to bully you while I still can."

"Argh. You could always do it until college ends, fatso. I've got something to show you."

Elsa swipes the lock screen on her phone revealing a picture of two shining silver tickets.

"No freaking way. How did you?" I face her with a face of utter disbelief.

"My mother's sister works in SoKor. She heard these tickets were all the rage these days. Being thoughtful, she called my mom and asked if I'd want those tickets. Fortunately I never stopped bugging my mom about the concert because she wouldn't have explained so perfectly our situation. My aunt says yours is also free but I'm letting you pay. 10% annual interest."

A moment of silence. 3 2 1

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

We screamed so loud the dorm's matron came rushing in to see if anyone died.

No one died Ma'am. Just our fan girl desires fulfilled thazzall.

Our matron leaves us alone after scolding us. We laugh and high five.

"Shoot! I'm late for Econ! Catch ya later, Mics. Don't worry, I'll cut your debt by half."
Elsa winks and runs out, slamming the door. Unpredictable.

I sit on my bed staring at the floor. A weak smile forms on my face.

I'm gonna miss you too, gentle-giant-maknae. Thank you so so much.

------------

Awwe. I wish Platinum tickets were real. Anyway congratulations on surviving the drama in this chapter :)

Thanks for reading! 〜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 2.3K 31
Running away from a traumatic life event, Y/N stumbles upon a group of shape-shifting, cute and handsome hybrids who possess powers of their own. How...
3.6K 129 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...
285K 8.1K 27
Y/N is your normal school girl, small group of friends, normal family, good grades. But the thing that gets her down the most is her 'Personal Bully'...
107K 4.5K 47
Can't it be loving a normal guy with a normal life turns into a sprit away. Finding love for reason you already die .once or twice your I NEED YOU~...