Her Wish (Michael Jackson Fan...

By thrillerkennedy

Kendra Hilliard feels unsatisfied with life, on the day of her 25th birthday she makes a wish. A harmless wis... More

The Wish/Prologue
Culture Shock
Headaches
Family Affairs
The Man Himself
Looking Through Patient Eyes
If Only
Love is A Contact Sport
It's Time
Price Of Fame
Practical Magic
By All Means
Family Vacation
Don't Dream It's Over, Part 1
Don't Dream It's Over, Part 2
Just Because
The Family Jackson
Tell Me What You Want Me To Do
Late Night
Blood is Thicker
Heart of The Matter
A Pal Worth Having
Confidant
Through The Wire
The Pain in Goodbyes
Time Away
Nothing but The Truth
Unexpected Reunion
Strict
City Of Love
The Showcase Ensues
The Family Dinner
Lady of the Hour
Changes
End of a Tour
Workin' Overtime
Give U My Heart
Simi Valley Fiasco
Even in Paradise
Flashbacks
Set in Motion
Step Up to The Plate
What Kind Of Man
Halloween's Ball
What Remains of Us
Since You've Been Gone
Then Came You
Her Wish Playlist
Grip on A Heart
Off-Balance
Follow You, Follow Me
Always Something There to Remind Me
You're Always on My Mind
End of the Road, Part 1
End of the Road, Part 2
Got To Be There/Epilogue
The Cast
Poll
BONUS: The Honeymoon

First Meeting?

7K 308 271
By thrillerkennedy

I'm going to be late, it's official. I've been driving around the city for ten minutes and now I'm in a rich development that is nowhere near where I need to be. I need to ask someone if I ever want to be there at a decent time. I pull over in front of one of these lovely homes, hoping maybe someone here can help me out.

As soon as I step out, a woman walking her dog down the well-kept sidewalk gives me a look. Maybe she recognizes me? But then I realize, it's because I've stepped in dog shit. I quickly take my shoe off and walk to the front door of this mansion, with one shoe on. I can't catch a break even in 1988.

I knock as hard as I can on the front door, waiting patiently for someone to open the door. Someone does come, they're about fifty feet tall and that's when I realize that it's Kareem Abdul Jabbar. I'm honestly surprised, they weren't lying when they said you'll run into celebrities everywhere in California. I politely smile at him and ask him what I intended to ask.

"Hi, I was wondering if you could give me some directions to a restaurant called Govor's?"

He looks genuinely confused, like as if he wants to say 'why is this girl asking for directions?' But that expression quickly disappears, instead turning into a sympathetic one. I explain a bit more about my situation so he walks out with me to my car to show me how to get out of here.

"You're far off from Govor's, you need to turn around on this street and make a left. Then, take the freeway back into the city, follow the signs for Los Angeles and from there, take the first right onto Diamond Boulevard. Stay on Diamond for a couple blocks and you'll see Govor's is right at the intersection on your right."

"Thank you, how do you know the directions to Govor's so well?"

"I go there from time to time, now you said you were supposed to be there at 12:30?"

"Yeah."

"Well, the best time that route will get you is about..." He takes a look at a very expensive watch before he continues, "1:15 with traffic." Nice going, Kendra. You're going to be 45 minutes late. Whoever I'm meeting is going to chew me out.

"Anyways, thank you so much for your directions. I better start going before I get any more late," I quickly hop into the Rover, waving a small bit at Kareem before following his exact directions. I'm lucky that I was always good with remembering instructions given to me. It takes 45 minutes like I expected, pulling up at this place at exactly 1:15.

The restaurant is really nice and very sophisticated, even with its outside area. A very handsome valet takes the keys to my car while I look around clueless for whoever I'm meeting. Honestly, the day planner was pretty vague even though I was the one-technically speaking-who wrote it in. At the time, I'm guessing I knew who this 'JJ' person was. Before I walk through the patio area of the restaurant, someone stands up and looks directly at me. Obviously, he noticed me before I noticed him and for that I'm truly thankful.

"Baby! Over here!" Baby? Why is this man calling me baby? I mean he's really good looking but I don't know him like that. I assume this is the JJ that was I talking about on the day planner and go over to him. He looks very familiar but I can't place him, not until I've come up close to him. In fact, it's like I've seen that face before except on an album. This is Jackie Jackson of the Jacksons.

He pulls me in for a quick hug, holding me close to him. He tries to kiss me on the lips but I quickly turn my head away so he can kiss my cheek. I awkwardly move back from the hug and sit across from him at the table. Am I dating him? I mean, he called me baby and tried to kiss me so I'm going to assume I am. But I don't anything about him other than the fact that he's Michael's brother.

"You're late." I expect him to say more but he doesn't.

"I got caught in traffic, very busy today." How am I going to get through a whole lunch date with him? Okay, Kendra, you can do this. You took two years of Theater in high school, just act like you know what he's talking about and act interested.

"So, how's work been for you?" Shit. I haven't done any work that I know of. Wait a second, the Armani letter! I could use that!

"Ah, the usual. Ford thanked me for my work with Armani recently. Apparently, it's doing really good so far."

"Good, good. You were telling me how much you wanted to do something with them so I'm glad you got it done," He's about to say something else when a waitress comes to the table. Saved by the waitress, thank god. She asks for our orders and I have no clue what to eat but hey it's free food so I rattle off the most expensive thing on the menu. Once she leaves, I'm left to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to talk about.

"And what about you...baby?" God, I hope he doesn't hear how weird that sounded coming out of my mouth. Thankfully, he doesn't pick up on it and answers right away.

"Well, me and my brothers have been working on our album, it's going to be released early next year but so far it's going good." I keep forgetting that Michael's brothers also had a career during this time as well, I don't mean that to be offensive but I didn't really care for their albums unless Michael was involved. Yeah, yeah, say what you want but I did try to give them a chance once but it just didn't work out.

Michael has the real star quality. There, I said it.

"What about Michael? How's he?" I'm really excited about this, I mean what if we've hung out before? That'd be so cool! I'd be able to say I know Michael Jackson!

"He's doing good; I still can't believe I've never introduced you to him." Aw man, so much for my excitement. I don't even know him and I'm dating his brother for God's sake!

"Really?"

"Yeah, don't you remember you were telling me how much you wanted to meet him?"

"I think so."

"Don't worry you'll meet him soon enough," He smiles at me and I naturally do the same so he doesn't pick up on anything suspicious. The food comes soon after and I try as hard as I can to focus all my attention on the food so I don't have to talk anymore, it works out for the most part and soon I'm getting up to leave to get my car. Jackie waits with me for my car and I look anywhere but at him.

The car pulls up and the young man from earlier hands me my keys, I gladly take them and try to make a dash for the driver's side. I'm pulled back gently by Jackie, who seems to be pulling me in for a kiss, which I quickly turn my head for again so that he lands a kiss on my cheek.

So that he doesn't think something is up, I make up the excuse that I'm running late for a shoot. As soon as I can, I start up my car and speed off. I pull out that terrible block of a phone and decide to call up Holly and Sharon, time to get some answers.

-----

"So, what can you guys tell me about Jackie and I?" Holly is in the kitchen cooking while Sharon sits in here with me, I felt more comfortable asking her since she seemed like she'd stay quiet about this.

"Kenny, did you suffer a knock on your head and forget everything about your relationship with him or something?"

"You could say that," I answer, unsure of that answer. Maybe if I say that it'll make my questions more plausible? Yeah, I'll go with that.

"You guys met.... around 85? You were at an after party for a runway show you walked in when he knocked into you and from there, you guys seem to have clicked."

"That's it?" I thought it'd be more.... romantic than that?

"What did you expect?"

"I don't know...I mean..." I fall back on the couch and stare up at the ceiling, Sharon mimics me and looks up as well.

"Kenny, I'm sure it'll come back to you. Right now, I'm no help because I wasn't there."

"I hope so, but that lunch was so awkward for me because I had no idea what to say. I mean, what was our relationship like?"

"You always seemed to be the fun one in the relationship, as far as I could tell. Jackie doesn't really come here when we're here so I wouldn't know much about your dynamic other than at events."

"Why not?"

"No reason, you always told us he was too busy to meet us."

How is it I have a boyfriend that has never met my friends? God, now I feel like I've become Gina. I let out a small groan of annoyance.

"What am I supposed to dooooo?" I draw out the last word, laying my head against Sharon's shoulder. Honestly, I feel very comfortable around these two and it's only been one day.

"I say you avoid him at all costs."

"Are you crazy, Sharon? That's her boyfriend, not some random creep," Holly pops in at just the wrong time and adds her two cents.

"Holly, she's going through some stuff right now. I made a suggestion but it's ultimately up to her what she chooses to do." I take her words into consideration as we spend the rest of the night watching some show Holly had been dying to catch up on.

(A/N: I already had these pre-written if you were wondering, please comment and vote as always they're much appreciated!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 86 8
๐’‡๐’‚๐’๐’๐’†๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ๐’†๐’ โ•ฑ ๅคฉไฝฟ. โ baby, best believe in the ๐’‚๐’๐’ˆ๐’†๐’ that lies below you โž โ”โ”โ”...
30.6K 1.4K 28
?Bad era? He would ask me everytime the same question.. "have you seen Annie?" "Who is Annie?" I asked the Stranger with the white Fedora and Black...
84K 3.7K 53
๐˜๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ณ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต, ๐˜ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜–๐˜ง ๐˜ข ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ...
6.4K 165 23
Thanks for all of the reads and votes!!โค Skye, a 17 year old, has made a wish on her birthday cake and her wish comes true. All the Michaels from her...