Sacrifice - A Star Wars Fanfic

By lucky_ducky_123

"I know you were once Anakin Skywalker, my father..." "That name no longer has any meaning to me." Anakin Sky... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
VOTING RESULTS

Chapter 22

14K 405 449
By lucky_ducky_123

On the small moon of Endor, the battle still raged on; Ewoks, Rebels, and Imperial troops in every corner of the forest. Sophisticated weapons were somehow no match for the sneaky tactics of the furry creatures, a few stormtroopers being bonked over the head with heavy wooden clubs, walkers being tripped by log-piles and vine trip-wires, and speeder bikes being lassoed with net-traps. If the battle wasn't so intense, some may have even found it laughable.

Trees tumbled down on unsuspecting troopers, pits were dug to entrap the walkers, rockslides, burning oil, knives, spears, and even eerie war-shrieks, all tactics used to confuse the enemy. It almost made the Rebels guilty of ever doubting the tiny fearless warriors in the first place.

Even Chewie was helping out as he grabbed onto a vine and swung onto one of the Imperial walkers, Teebo and Wicket clinging to his legs. The creatures landed on the main viewport of the walker, startling the men inside.

"Get him off of there!" One of the troopers shouted, sounding furious. Another trooper obeyed and moved to climb out of the top hatch, only to be met with a severely angry Wookiee. A scream barely got to leave the man's mouth before he was plucked up effortlessly and tossed onto the hard forest floor below. Wicket and Teebo cheered happily, clambering into the empty walker with Chewbacca protecting up above them. The Ewoks startled the other man inside the walker and managed, with their surprise attack, to knock his head into the control panel and send him spiraling into unconsciousness.

With no one trained properly in driving the machine, it wheeled out of control, both Wicket and Teebo trying desperately to keep it balanced. Chewie howled in surprise as he was almost thrown over, a fang-bearing scowl thrown down at the reckless Ewoks as he regained his composure and slid down inside with them to help. However, the fuzzy creatures were too busy panicking to take much notice to the Wookiee's complaint.

It didn't take long for Chewie to master the controls, and he managed to take several Imperials by surprise as one of their own walkers began firing on them. The plan reinspired some of the Ewoks below, and the battle grew even more violent than it had been before.

At the same time, Han was still fussing over the control panel at the bunker, the multicolored wires in his hands practically making him dizzy as he attempted to try and figure out how to open the door. Many of the cords sparked at him and he scowled, connecting random colors until something happened. Leia was still crouched beside him, shooting off any troopers coming into her vision.

Suddenly, a sound of elation left the Corellian. "I think I got it!"

"Then do it!" Leia shouted impatiently, shooting yet another Imperial right in his chest and sending his now lifeless body to the dirt.

"Pushy." Han muttered before connecting the wires he was certain were the correct ones. A loud woosh startled both him, Leia, and the droids, and they turned to see another blast door closing over the one they had previously been trying to open.

Han blinked, biting his lip and looking at Leia's scowl with a nervous chuckle before he set back to work. However, it wasn't long before he heard a scream of pain right by his feet. He instantly stopped what he was doing and looked down with wide hazel eyes to see Leia crumpled by his boots, grasping her arm which was leaking blood through her fingers. Panicked, Han let go of the wires and stooped to a crouch, ignoring Threepio's quip of, "Oh my, Princess Leia!"

Han wasted no time, grabbing for Leia's arm to inspect it. "Let me see." He ushered, sounding worried.

"It's fine, Han." Leia said with a grimace, crying out lightly as Han tried to move it. "Han, I said it's—"

"Freeze!" The voice stopped both Han and Leia cold, Han raising his hands behind his head as a sign of surrender, Leia's blood still on his hand. He didn't have to turn around to know their were stormtroopers at their back, blasters aimed unwaveringly at the both of them.

He had been too caught up in worrying about the princess's injury to remember that she had been their defense. He shared a look with her, and saw her wink lightly. He raised an eyebrow in confusion, yet stiffened when the trooper shouted once again. "Don't move!"

Suddenly, Han's eyes fell on Leia's empty blaster holster, her uninjured arm slowly moving towards her fallen pistol. "I love you." He whispered, his eyes relieved.

"I know." Leia said with a smirk.

Han's body blocked the trooper's vision from seeing the movement, and he urged her to continue with his expression.

When her finger brushed the trigger, the whole blaster was then grasped in her palm and shot out past Han's shoulder, firing two deadly bolts at the shocked Imperials. The shots set off a haze of smoke and flares, both of the troopers dropping dead. However, when the smoke cleared, Han and Leia looked up in horror to see an approaching Imperial walker. No way could Leia's small blaster get them out of this one.

"Stay back." Han said determinedly, standing before the princess in a last effort to protect her. He raised his arms as he slowly stood, walking towards the walker that had it's gun aimed straight at him.

He closed his eyes and waited for the inevitable blow when the hatch above opened up and a familiar growl made his eyes fly open. A broad grin stretched across his face as Chewie stood at the top of the walker, shouting excitedly in Shyrriwook.

"Chewie!" Han laughed. "Get down here! Leia's injured!" Chewie made to come down and help, a whimper of worry leaving him at seeing the princess grasping her arm in pain below.

Han paused though, an idea blossoming in his head. "Hold on buddy!" Chewie looked at him quizzically, but the ex-smuggler just smirked. "I have an idea."

***

Luke, Anakin, and Vader all circled each other like prey, the tension thick. Luke was the first to attack, the green blade whipping towards the Dark Lord only to be easily pushed back. Anakin moved forward next, the sapphire assisting the emerald as they both pushed against the ruby. It wasn't long before the blades began to move faster, the blinding colors whirling in all directions, threatening each blade wielder with every slash.

Vader felt slightly impressed with his son's improved lightsaber skills since they had last met on Bespin, but he knew he was no match against himself. They were equal opponents, anticipating the others move because they were the same person. The Sith still wanted very much to kill the Emperor and have his son at his side, but his past self was ruining that...he never knew he had been that dense.

Through the fierce battle, Luke and Anakin managed to push Vader to the end of the staircase, Luke's foot shooting out to kick the tall, imposing man all the way down. Vader used the Force to cushion himself but still lost his footing on the ground, scowling up at both the Jedi.

Anakin and Luke both knew at the moment that Vader was vulnerable...they could kill him now. Luke looked suddenly panicked and shared a look with Anakin. Anakin's face was no different, his complexion pale and his blue eyes troubled.

"Good." A low, skin-crawling voice came from behind the both of them. "Use your aggressive feelings. Let the hate flow through you."

Luke and Anakin looked back at the Emperor an then at Vader, slowly rising from his fallen position. Anakin was startled when he saw Luke lower the blade of his saber, the green sliding gracefully back into the metal casing.

Anakin frowned, but still held his blade firm, his sole intention on making sure Luke was safe.

"Obi-Wan has taught you well." Vader said slowly, taking small steps as he proceeded back up the stairs and towards the Jedi. Both Luke and Anakin took a few steps back as the Sith approached, his emotions hard to read through those opaque eye-lenses and the terrifying mask.

"I will not fight you father." Luke said wistfully, his eyes troubled as he studied the Sith. He knew now who Vader had been in the past...there was good in him. Even if Anakin was here to protect him and learn in order to change the past, he still had this dying urge to help his lost Sith father. How could he do that while fighting him? His real enemy was smirking sadistically on his precious throne, enjoying the merciless fight between family members.

"You are unwise to lower your defenses!" Vader simply snarled in response, his son's emotions not effecting him.

Anakin was the first to react as the red blade ignited and swiped down at Luke, the boy yelping in surprise as both red and blue blades met right above his head. Luke instantly reignited his, helping Anakin with the parrying as Vader scowled.    

Luke ignored the obvious critique to his lightsaber form Vader had snarled before restarting the fight, and tried his best to copy Anakin's form. The Force was practically humming through him, his saber flowing in his hands and giving him an odd sense of power.

It wasn't long before the three were backed up near the catwalk, Anakin and Luke now completely on the defensive, and Vader on the offensive. His strikes were wild, yet graceful, making both Luke and Anakin struggle to keep up. Suddenly, searing pain hit Anakin's shoulder blade and he felt air whoosh by him as Luke Force-jumped high in the air and backflipped onto the catwalk above.

Anakin looked nervously up at his son, yet didn't get to inspect much when he was thrown halfway across the room through the Force. He groaned lightly, struggling to rise as he watched through fuzzy vision, Vader and Luke speak.

"Your thoughts betray you father. I feel the good in you...the conflict." Luke said, his chin raised high yet his blue eyes nervously flicking towards Anakin struggling to rise in the corner, a motion not missed by Vader. The Sith Lord let Anakin be, knowing he wouldn't try anything directly unless Luke was in immediate danger. He decided to play along with his son's taunting, trying to stay unaffected by his words and impressive ability to read his conflicting thoughts.

"There is no conflict." Vader growled deeply, unsure if he was speaking to Luke or his own conscious thought.

"You couldn't bring yourself to kill me before, and I don't believe you'll destroy me now." Luke pressed, sensing the breaking within Vader's thoughts. This was it, he was doing it...he could redeem Vader!

There was a long tense silence as the Sith Lord glared at the boy above him. His gaze also flickered to Anakin, who looked tense, yet remained where he was, now finally on his feet.

"You underestimate the power of the dark side." Vader said lowly, making the Emperor grin yet again from his throne. He knew he had Vader under his thumb...he always had...since the day he had seen the boy fly during the Battle of Naboo...he had had him. "If you will not fight...then you will meet your destiny."

Luke blinked, unsure what Vader meant, before a cry of warning left Anakin's lips and a red blade was suddenly soaring towards him. Luke quickly dove out of the way, but realized that he hadn't been Vader's initial target. The lightsaber cut through the metal supporting the catwalk like it was nothing, and Luke cried out as the floor disappeared from underneath his feet. The walkway crashed down almost like a ramp and Luke tumbled all the way down and out of sight of the others, a cough leaving him as he struggled to rise and heard two lightsabers bashing furiously above him. Desperate to help Anakin but knowing that he could use his hidden position as an advantage, Luke moved to hide.

Meanwhile, Anakin had been seeing red as his sapphire blade lashed and struck with every intention to kill...no matter who he was fighting.

Vader had been slightly startled at his past self's reaction, but realized fighting of pure emotion when he saw it. Anakin was fighting based on a pure raw need to protect his offspring, his years of lightsaber training leaving him as he simply struck mercilessly. Vader struggled to block the eradicated blows for a moment before he managed to trip the Jedi's feet out from under him. He was still weak from his shoulder injury and the blow to the head he had received, so it had been relatively simple for the Sith to Force-push Anakin once again, this time knocking him out fully. He looked towards his Master when he realized he had an opportunity to kill Anakin right then and there. It would be a brutal murder...but also a suicide. Would it be worth it? Would the galaxy be better off without him? Padmé would be alive...his child raised properly...

"Leave him Lord Vader. Your son is our top priority at the moment." The Emperor said from his throne. If Vader didn't know better, he would think the old man sounded nervous. He scowled under his masked but bowed in understanding. Of course Palpatine would worry about Anakin's premature death. If he died, he would never have the chance to stop Windu from killing Palpatine and the Jedi Master most likely could succeed. It was a thought that had crossed not only the Emperor's mind, but Vader's as well. If both Vader and Palpatine were dead, there would be no one to jumpstart the creation of the Empire...the slaughter of the Jedi.

Silently, Vader strode over to the stairwell, leaving the unconscious Skywalker to his devices. But before his master could notice, he sent a projected Force image to his past self. If he knew the truth...maybe he would have the bravery to do what was right. A sacrifice made to save the galaxy. As much as Vader wanted to rule the galaxy with his son, his greatest desire was to have his angel alive once again, safe and untainted. Anakin needed to know what happened on that day...

He knew now that he hadn't killed his wife...Palpatine had lied to him about that piece of information. Yet another reason why he desperately wanted the man dead at his feet. Padmé couldn't have died at his hand if she had managed to give birth to Luke afterwards.

A tendril of fear slipped through Vader's shields and he knew it was Anakin's distress. Vader took a long moment in the silence, listening to his eerie respirator and scanning under the stairs for his son. His mind roamed the Force for the boy's bright signature and he focused once again on his task at hand. His plan would work, he just had to appease his master for a little longer.

***

Anakin knew he was unconscious, yet he was no longer in the Emperor's throne room of the Second Death Star. No, this was the Jedi Temple, he knew that much. It looked exactly the same way as he remembered it, but somehow it seemed...darker. He was walking, but he had absolute no control over his body as he marched down the empty hallway. A scream caught his attention and pain blossomed through the Force. He winced and looked around frantically for the source of it, but again, he had no control whatsoever.

He noticed a few clone troopers around him, his arms pointing and ordering them, yet his expression firm and his voice silent. The soldiers didn't need to be told twice as they marched to do their general's bidding.

Anakin remained confused as he finally stopped in front of one of the training rooms, his mechanical hand moving towards the door release and allowing the door to slide open slowly and ominously. His eyes scanned the room and several bright force-signatures radiated towards him as small faces appeared from behind the chairs in the room. His mind swelled with worry at the fear radiating from the younglings and he instantly tried to move forward to comfort them and ask what was wrong. However, his body remained frozen in place, his head scanning the children through the low vision his hood provided. He felt a low growl of hatred leave his lips as one of the Jedi younglings moved towards Anakin, relief in his eyes.

Anakin couldn't help but notice how the boy had blonde hair and blue eyes just like his son...

"Master Skywalker, there's too many of them. What are we going to do?"

His heart instantly went out to the boy and he saw the many other initiates coming out, feeling much safer with a Jedi Master accompanying them.

The last thing Anakin expected his immobile body to do, however, was to move his hand towards his belt where his lightsaber was resting against his thigh. He unclipped it slowly and pressed the ignition plate firmly, taking pleasure in the horror that suddenly blossomed on the children's faces as their young eyes reflected the sapphire color.

'No.' Anakin whispered mentally as he stepped forward unwillingly. 'This didn't happen, it couldn't have...'

The closest youngling...the one who had spoken...the one who looked like Luke, backpedaled with a sudden scream as the saber went into the air and slashed downwards mercilessly.

Anakin screamed along with the boy, wishing he could shut his eyes, but unable to as one by one the younglings fell at his hand...children with no chance to defend themselves...

To his relief, the scene quickly faded away to a more unfamiliar location. Heat pressed against his face as he walked into a main control room, cutting down Separatists who tried desperately to defend themselves. He cut through them without emotion, striding past their corpses and into another room where the rest of the Separatist leaders, Wat Tambor, Shu Mai, Rune Haako, and Nute Gunray, were hiding in fear.

As soon as Anakin entered, they panicked, pitifully attempting escape. Rune Haako moved swiftly towards a door but was cut off by Anakin's tall, menacing, and imposing form towering above him, his golden eyes narrowed. "Stop! Enough! This is not right!" the man shouted.

Anakin spared the words no mind as he stabbed the man violently through the chest and moved on towards the others.

Anakin, still trapped inside his own body, was fighting panic. How could he do this? Was this...Vader? The part of him that was so corrupted that he killed without feeling...killed children without feeling!?

Nute managed to crawl out from under the table he was hiding under and opened the door, allowing two destroyer droids to appear and blast away at the newly turned Sith. Anakin disappeared during the confusion, and several of the leaders thought they were finally safe. But Anakin suddenly dropped down from the ceiling like an avenging angel and cut apart the droids like they were nothing.

Quickly and gracefully, the saber also cut down Wat and Shu, leaving Nute the last one alive. His bulbous eyes and pale grey complexion radiated his terror as he looked up at the furious golden eyes, eyes he had known during the Clone Wars as a merciful Jedi...no longer.

"The war is over. Lord Sidious promised us peace...we only want—" The lightsaber ending his life cut the Neomodian off mid-sentence and he dropped dead to the floor. The thick silence made Anakin want to throw up right before the scene faded again...and this one was the worst.

He was still on the lava planet, one he now recognized as Mustafar. He had come here once during the Clone Wars with his padawan Ahsoka...stopping a Sith driven plot. He remembered how much the planet had given him an odd sense of foreboding, yet he hadn't mentioned it to a soul.

A ship was landing before him, a Nubian style, sleek and silver, a beauty in its own way. As soon as the ramp lowered, Anakin felt his heart constrict in rising terror. So far he had been shown him killing people mercilessly, so what would make this any different? He wanted to scream for his wife to run, run far away and protect the children still safe in her womb, shown obviously through the bulge of her stomach.

But he still was powerless as he embraced his wife and breathed in everything he had missed about her since had time-traveled. "Padmé..." He whispered. "I saw your ship."

"Oh, Anakin." Padmé breathed, hugging her husband tighter. Anakin wished himself to wake up, he didn't want to see this. How could he hurt his angel? What could possibly possess him enough to do that unspeakable act? He knew she was pregnant, how could he...

"It's alright. You're safe now. What are you doing here?" He asked. Curious but terrified, Anakin focused on the conversation he could not control. A conversation that had already happened...yet had yet to happen.

"I was so worried about you." Padmé breathed, "Obi-Wan told me such horrible things."

Anakin felt himself scowl, yet he didn't know why. Obi-Wan was like a brother to him, why would his name anger him?

"What things?" He snarled.

Padmé flinched at the tone, blinking confused brown eyes. "He said you have turned to the dark side...that you killed younglings."

Another snarl left his mouth and Anakin tried to stay calm at the mention of the younglings once again. The fear that had been in their eyes... "Obi-Wan is trying to turn you against me."

"He cares about us." Padmé said, still looking confused and worried. Her arms slipped away from her husband's waist as she stared at him with genuine concern.

"Us!?" Anakin exclaimed angrily.

The Nubian Senator took an unconscious step backwards. "He knows...but he wants to help you."

"Is Obi-Wan going to protect you? He can't...he can't help you. He's not strong enough." Anakin sneered, his eyes ablaze.

"Anakin, all I want is your love." Padmé pleaded.

'You can have it, angel, please. Hear me.' Anakin begged, but those weren't the words that left his lips.

"Love won't save you Padmé. Only my new powers can do that."

"At what cost? You're a good person. Don't do this." Padmé tried again, growing desperate.

"I won't lose you the way I lost my mother! I've become more powerful than any Jedi has ever dreamed of and I've done it for you. To protect you."

'To protect her? You're a murderer! See our future Anakin, see our children, their fate, the galaxy's fate!' Anakin screamed, growing frustrated with his helplessness.

"Come away with me. Help me raise our child. Leave everything else behind while we still can." Padmé offered, playing her last diplomatic card. Child...children...Luke and Leia...

"Don't you see, we don't have to run away anymore. I have brought peace to the Republic. I am more powerful than the Chancellor. I can overthrow him, and together you and I can rule the galaxy. Make things the way we want them to be."

Padmé just stared, an emotion in her face that Anakin never wanted to see when she looked at him...

Fear.

"I don't believe what I'm hearing...Obi-Wan was right. You've changed."

Anakin felt the anger grow inside his past/future self. "I don't want to hear any more about Obi-Wan. The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me."

A sob escaped the woman, her fingers desperately grasping at the japor snippet around her neck. "I don't know you anymore. Anakin, you're breaking my heart. I'll never stop loving you, but you are going down a path I can't follow."

'Angel...'

"Because of Obi-Wan?"

"Because of what you've done...what you plan to do. Stop, stop now. Come back! I love you." Padmé gained her courage and strode towards her husband with one large step, her eyes seeking something in Anakin's troubled ones...

A sudden hope blossomed in Anakin's chest. Maybe he had been wrong about this moment. Maybe he and Padmé had simply argued and her death had come at childbirth just like he had suspected since the moment Luke had told him he didn't remember his mother. But once his eyes settled on a silhouette on the ramp of the ship, he knew it was too late.

Obi-Wan.

"Liar!" The inhuman cry ripped from Anakin's lungs, his golden eyes glaring with betrayal at the woman before him.

Padmé turned around and gasped, her gaze flickering back and forth between the men and her heart rate increasing as she realized how much Obi-Wan being here, an obvious stowaway on her ship, would anger Anakin's delicate emotional state. "No!" She cried, trying to convince her husband that she had had no idea.

But Anakin wouldn't listen to her any longer. "You're with him. You've betrayed me! You brought him here to kill me!"

"No! Anakin. I swear...I—"

She was cut off with a rasping choke as her feet slowly rose in the air, her oxygen being cut off and her hands trying desperately to remove the invisible grip on her trachea.

Anakin stared in horror at his hand, the gloved appendage unwavering as he mercilessly choked his pregnant wife...the woman he loved with all his being...and he was killing her. He barely registered Obi-Wan shouting at him, his heart stopping in his chest as he looked at the pure fear in those beautiful, familiar brown eyes. The mother of his children, the meaning to his life...

"Let her go, Anakin."

"What have you and she been up to?"

"Let her go!"

And just like that, his hand fell, and Padmé collapsed with a cry, her eyes rolling backwards and sending her into the deep bliss of unconsciousness.

"You turned her against me." Anakin snarled, his feet now beginning to pace.

"You have done that yourself." Obi-Wan said calmly.

"You will not take her from me!" Anakin screamed, his arms flinging off his cloak in a fit of rage and a taunt to fight.

"Your anger and your lust for power have already done that." Obi-Wan responded, flinging his cloak off as well. "You have allowed this Dark Lord to twist your mind until now...until now you have become the very thing you swore to destroy."

The surrogate brothers...master and apprentice...circled each other like prey while Obi-Wan stopped to stoop low and check on Padmé. He checked her vitals and breathed in relief as a heartbeat thrummed against his fingertips.

"Don't lecture me, Obi-Wan. I see through the lies of the Jedi. I do not fear the dark side as you do. I have brought peace, justice, freedom, and security to my new Empire."

Empire...this really was Vader...and this is the truth Anakin had been wanting to know for some time now...

He didn't blame Obi-Wan and Yoda for not telling him. He felt as if he couldn't breathe, his mind only focused on his unconscious wife, so in dire need of help and his own selfishness preventing him from checking on her.

"Your new Empire?" Obi-Wan asked, looking incredulous.

"Don't make me kill you." A low threat.

"Anakin, my allegiance is to the Republic...to democracy!" Obi-Wan cried, unable to believe that this was his apprentice...the boy he practically raised and believed to be his brother.

"If you're not with me, you're my enemy." Anakin stated firmly, golden eyes crazed and deadly serious.

"Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes." Obi-Wan said sadly, unclipping his saber. "I will do what I must." The blue light echoed eerily with the red-orange of the lava around them, the hum of the weapon almost mocking.

"You will try." Anakin ignited his saber as well and instantly struck, a ferocious sword fight of flashing color, too fast to even make out properly. The two moved further and further away from Padmé as the duel became more of a survival than a fight.

The sabers seemed to move so fast that Anakin was disoriented, barely noticing when his body slammed into a control panel and the entire building threatened to collapse into the lava.

It was when he felt his knees buckling to jump towards Obi-Wan on a hill, their shouting match nothing but white noise to Anakin, that he regained attention of the situation. Blue flashed in his vision and searing pain suddenly appeared in all of his limbs, a blood-curdling scream leaving his lips.

"You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them. It was you who would bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness." Obi-Wan screamed, his voice hoarse and his face weary. Anakin tried to reach for him, the pain all too real, but he couldn't...he was going to die...

Fire suddenly licked up his exposed body and his screaming took on a higher pitch, the pain unbearable as the fire was the only thing consuming his vision, Obi-Wan barely visible.

'Help me!' Anakin screamed, his pleas unheard. Instead, his voice shrieked, almost inhuman, "I hate you!"

"You were my brother Anakin...I loved you." Obi-Wan cried, his tears evaporating with the unbearable heat, ash coating his entire being. Wearily, he scooped up Anakin's fallen saber and trudged away, leaving his little brother to die...alone...

This was his future, this was what the Force had for him when he had done nothing but follow its judgement. The pain became so intense that he became numb, not noticing the ship landing and the clone troopers placing him on a hover-gurney, a wrinkled face staring down at him the whole time, offering non-comforting reassurances.

Unconsciousness took his immobile form and he was temporarily floating, his real unconsciousness aboard the Second Death Star almost easy to forget about. Finally, when his eyes opened again, a mask was descending upon him, needles inside the metal and a respirator attached to the mouthpiece. The ocular lenses opened up, revealing the red-tint to them, and pure fear overcame the young man as the mask descended upon him, snapping into place and instantly causing him pain. He blinked once or twice to see the whole world in a red haze, his mind disoriented and his heart in two pieces. He was in the life-support suit Vader wore...

"Lord Vader...can you hear me?" A scratchy voice asked experimentally.

The strange feeling of being breathed for made Anakin's head spin as his masked body turned towards the voice. "Yes...my master." The baritone voice that was definitely not his, echoed in response, an obvious vocoder in the mask.

Then, "Where is Padmé? Is she safe? Is she alright?" Anakin startled at the heartfelt concern he felt radiating from himself.

The voice beside him, now recognized as Palpatine, sighed. "I'm afraid she died...it seems in your anger, you killed her."

A low moan emitted from the mask before objects, including a droid, began to implode around the room. "No...I couldn't have. She was alive, I felt it!" The restraints snapped and he stumbled on his new legs, gazing around the room in agony. "No!"

'No!'

The scene faded once more before Anakin sat up with a scream, his blow to the head forgotten. However, there was another scream echoing with his, one begging for its life...

Luke.

•••

A/N

THIS CHAPTER IS OVER 5K WORDS OMG. longest chapter i've written so far so I hope you enjoy. I was going to save Anakin's vision for the next chapter, but since in the movie Vader going down the stairs was the cut off before the next scene, I decided to go ahead and write it.

I just started school again so my writing time's been cut a little. But no worries, I'm still here!

Love all the comments you guys keep leaving, they always make me laugh.

PS - Thank you for 20K on Sacrifice!

May the Force be with You,

- lucky_ducky_123

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 1.5K 23
Read Star Wars like you've never read it before.. A mysterious girl finds a journal, and what she reads shocks and intrigues her. Stories about the a...
7.7K 196 18
Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars. But only characters and ideas I create Chancellor Palpitine has just revealed himself as the Sith Lord to Anakin...
58.1K 2.4K 51
Nineteen years before, Anakin Skywalker proved himself to be the Chosen One by destroying the Sith. Now there is a new threat and with it, a new prop...
165K 4.5K 25
A princess in disguise and a young slave boy. Both destined to be more. What will happen when they meet? All rights go to Disney and Lucasfilm. I onl...