You Said Always

By greenbeanzzzzz

Katniss is going home after 3 years, waiting for District 12 to be rebuilt. Her mother committed suicide a we... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Two

2.9K 117 98
By greenbeanzzzzz

Peeta POV

"Your love." She whispers. She's confusing me.

"But I do love you." I retort, making her laugh bitterly.

"No you don't," Katniss says, tears slowly falling down her face. "You used to love me, Peeta. You can tell me that you just pity me."

"Fine," I shout in her face. The demon inside of me is taking over. My mind goes blank but I continue to talk. "You're a mutt that isn't loved by anyone! I should've never fallen for you! I shouldn't have let my heart take over! I was stupid! I should've never let you live when I was with the careers! I shouldn't never confessed my love for you in the first games! I should've never kissed you! I wish I had let you die, you mutt!"

Why do I have to keep mutting, I think, you're going to destroy her. She starts to shake, looking straight into my eyes. Her grey eyes turn blank, glazing over.

"I'm a mutt." She whispers. I go up to her, grabbing her shoulders.

"I didn't mean it," I whisper, shaking her. "You're not a mutt. Don't listen to me."

"Why did you save me?" She whispers, her eyes refocusing.

"I saved you because I loved you." I say, tears rolling down my cheeks. My heart is breaking into millions of pieces watching her trying to figure it all out.

"Loved?" She asks, her eyes focusing on mine. "Did you love me during the rebellion?"

"I did," I start. "But then I met Melanie and it went down hill."

At that moment I can see what's happening inside of her head just by staring deeply into her eyes.
Pain.
Regret.
Heartbreak.
Love.
Hatred.
Anxiety.
Depression.
My heart breaks into pieces.

"I thought I'd find you two kissing by now." I hear a voice say from behind me. Katniss's eyes shift to the doorway.

"Finnick." She whispers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 150 20
The war is over and Katniss is back in D12, as well as Peeta. This is a post-Mockingjay/pre-epilogue story about Katniss and Peeta coming back toget...
12.2K 284 21
It's been months since the rebellion and Katniss is still trying to mend herself. She feels alone and on the break of no longer living. That is until...
5K 226 14
Katniss is home in Twelve, after her Trial, barely making it through the nightmares and haze of pain. And then Peeta shows up, determined to settle d...
431K 9.8K 58
5 years after the rebellion, Katniss and Peeta are together and living in district 12. They are both happy although Peeta still has flashbacks and Ka...