From the Outside [ updates x2...

By flhorist

A story in which a popular upperclassmen boy falls in love with a girl who lets her insecurities rule her, fi... More

foreword

912 75 148
By flhorist

┏━━━━━━━━━┓

F R O M   T H E 

O  U  T  S  I  D  E 

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

═══════ ❀ ❁ ❀ ═══════

S Y N O P S I S :

The Johnston's were known as perfectionists. Of course, there was no such thing as being "perfect" but the Johnston's were the closet thing, nonetheless— generations upon generations of the Johnston's were successful. That is, until Stella Johnston was born. 

Toby Ridder was always known as the cool and popular guy. Guys wanted to be him and girls wanted to be with him. Everybody loved him.

When Toby goes to Stella for academic help, she wants nothing to do with him— as she knows that people like him are dangerous—, but, she would do anything to prove to her family that she was worth it. 

How far will Stella go to climb the social ladder? Does she even want to climb the social ladder? What happens when she strikes a deal with the popular Toby Ridder to play the well known, infamous game of Pretend? Sure, those two devils had made a deal, but what happens when popular Toby Ridder actually falls for Freak Johnston... for real? 

Toby's ex-girlfriend makes life a living hell for Stella, of course.

This isn't a love story; this is a story about love. And, how a boy went from cloud nine to cloud zero, just because he chose popularity over his only true source of happiness.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

E X C E R P T : 

She was out of sight, but she was never out of his mind.

- From The Outside 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

E P I G R A P H : 

❝ did he love you? because if he did, then he wouldn't have ever let you go. ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

M A I N : 

From The Outside© : 2020 // Aphrodite Hicks // All rights reserved.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be produced or transmitted in any form or by any means. In which, it includes, electronic // mechanical; photocopy; recording; or any information storage and retrieval system now known or invented, without permission in writing from the publisher // author.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

N O T E :

01 ☼ Oakville, Massachusetts is a fictional town. 

02 ☼ Movies? I was a little inspired by some romantic/chick-lit/rom-com movies (such as PLL), but everything that occurs in From the Outside, is simply pure fiction from my imagination. [ Though, some things occurring in From the Outside... you might notice a few similar resemblances to some popular movies. ] 

☇☇☇ After a few midnights filled with watching a whole crap load of sappy t.v. shows & thousands of movies, reading a lot of hopeless romantic ending books, & jamming to a million Lana Del Rey songs, this idea slithered into my head & I just had to jot it down. Ever since then, the idea has been eating me alive, nagging for me to write it. 

⤷ In no ways am I saying this my story is going to be a... "one-of-a-kind," original, or unique novel, but I can truthfully say that this book has its own twists, turns, & detours to make it more... majestic.

03 ☼ This story involves around serious issues, such as family problems/issues, drugs, self-harm, bullying of all sorts, and suicide -- all that could be categorized into "Bad Decisions;" it will be dark, yet light & fluffy; dramatic, yet romantic; tearful, yet funny. [ Balance, baby. Balance. ]

04 ☼ Also, this story contains a whole lot of reckless/wrong decisions, bad/wrong advices, and heartbreaks.

05 ☼ This is-- possibly-- the first installation of the "I-Have-No-Clue-What-To-Call-It-Yet" series. [ Haven't quite made up my decision on calling the series... whoops ] Nevertheless, as of now, all of my books on-the-go & in my draft section, collecting virtual dust, will be in the "I-Have-No-Clue-What-To-Call-It-Yet" series. I'll probably add more soon, too. #NoShame.

06 ☼ If y'all make any banners/ trailers/ any forms of fan art, they will be gladly accepted into my open arms that'll give you a virtual hug. Seriously. Do. Not. Hesitate. I will shower you with love. 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T I M E L I N E :

Start Date: - saturday, april 25, 2020

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

D E D I C A T I O N :

For those trying; 

It's okay to take a break.

☇☇☇ It doesn't mean you "suck" or that you're a "quitter." I think realizing, "Hey, I've been doing my best lately and am fucking tired" and being okay with that mindset is important. 

Living every day isn't always easy. Give yourself some credit and get some rest.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

T R I G G E R   W A R N I N G :

[ unconventional ] // the four s'

+ Sexual Content

+ Swearing

+ Ship Sinks

+ Self-Harm

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

C A S T :

TROIAN BELLISARIO AS STELLA JOHNSTON

DANIEL SHARMAN AS TOBY RIDDER

NINA DOBREV AS ROSEMARY HINTON

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

P L A Y L I S T : 

+ Stitches // Shawn Mendes                  + Ride // Lana Del Rey 

+ Freak // Lana Del Rey                           + National Anthem // Lana Del Rey 

+ Until It Hurts // Fransisca Hall           + She Used To Be Mine // Sara Bareilles

+ I'm In Here // Sia                                     + Begin Again // Rachel Platten

Fight Song // Rachel Platten              + Stand By You // Rachel Platten

+ Read All About It // Emile Sandé      + Let Her Go // Passenger

+ When We Were Young // Adele          + Popular // Mika ft. Arian Grande 

Rolling In The Deep // Adele              + Set Fire to the Rain // Adele

+ Free // Haley Reinhart                       + Back to Black // Amy Winehouse

+ Crybaby // Melanie Martinez             +  So Cold // Ben Cocks

+ Dollhouse // Melanie Martinez          + Safe and Sound // Taylor Swift

 ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E :

Yes, yes, and yes.

Yes, the plot is kind of cliché - you know, the teen fiction synopsis' of bad boy/girl x good girl/boy or bully x nerd etc., type of stories - but, From the Outside kind of isn't at the same time. It has the bad boy/good girl and nerd/bully[ish] kind of theme on its roots, but trust me: I love to add my own twist on cliché-ness aka, I am the new Grimm Brothers.  

Yes, the two main-main characters, Toby and Stella, will fall in love and we'll see their journey. But, From the Outside captures the true perils of love - especially when one of the muses' feels like the only way to escape and breathe, is to self-harm herself.

And yes. I do know that my writing isn't the best; that it's not beautifully written and has some grammar mistakes; and that it isn't the easiest to comprehend because I don't have a large vocabulary. But, guess what? That's the reason as to why I'm on Wattpad - not just because the environment, sometimes, is amazing with amazing people. Needless to say, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE STYLE OF MY WRITING, PLEASE, REFRAIN FROM READING FROM THE OUTSIDE ONLY TO MAKE FUN OF ME AND HURT MY FEELINGS. I'm not the type of girl to cry and snitch on bullies that are well, bullying me. (If it's about my friends, than that's another and completely different dilemma.) But, if you do say something rude, it'll make me feel quite sad and everything's just gonna be and go "blah." So, please: Don't be a shitbag and ruin something that I love and enjoy doing.

❁.❁.❁.❁.❁.❁.❁.❁.❁.❁.❁.❁.❁.❁.❁

xx

Stay gold, loves.

☆phr☮dite☪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

980K 77.4K 38
• INDIAN ARRANGE MARRIAGE • ˜"*°•.˜"*° •°*"˜.•°*"˜ "You're my peace within all the Chaos of my life" ...
10.6M 200K 83
Ever since playgroup Olivia and Daniel have been inseparable. Best friends since..well forever. However after a drunken night things change between...
4.5K 1K 9
Setelah menyimpan sakit hati yang begitu lama, Aradhea Puspitha harus dipertemukan kembali dengan Ethan Arkachandra Wisnu Patria yang kini menjelma m...
4.7M 156K 48
When strangers from completely different backgrounds get married... -- Shifting as the cool breeze toyed with my senses, I sighed at my husband stand...