Death Is My BFF (Book 1 Origi...

By katrocks247

Watty Award Winner 2011) *ORIGINAL SERIES* This is the first book of the Original Death Is My BFF Series, whi... More

DEATH IS MY BFF IS NOW PUBLISHED!!!
All Rights Reserved
Deathly Prologue
Chapter 1: The Garbage Can Smasher
Chapter 2: Death By Pumpkin Patch
Chapter 3: The Sweatshirt Thief
Chapter 4: Death By Costume
Chapter 5: Death By Taco
Chapter 6: Death By Party
Chapter 7: Let Me Just Get My Floaties
Chapter 8: Death By Group Discussion
Chapter 9: Hide And Go Death
Chapter 10: Clown On The Prowl
Chapter 11: Death By Clown
Chapter 12: A New Start...And Apartment
Chapter 13: Waiting And Waiting
Chapter 14: Twenty Questions
Chapter 15: Day One: Getting the Boss A Sandwhich
Chapter 16: Yeah Right! This Was Like My First Day In Hell....o How Are You?
Chapter 18: Taunting Grimmy
Chapter 19: Strawberry Milk
Chapter 20: Death By Pizza Guy
Chapter 21: Watching My Every Move
Chapter 22: Eenie Meenie Minie...
Chapter 23: Death By Fun House
Chapter 24: Death By Fun House~ Part 2
Chapter 25: A Deathly Drive Home
Chapter 26: Night Job
Chapter 27: Unexpected And Unprepared
Chapter 28: A Bossy Temper Tantrum
Chapter 29: Death By Changing Room
Chapter 30: I Glow In The Dark
Chapter 31: Creepy...Crawlers
Chapter 32: A Death Note
Chapter 33: Don't Mess With The Cloak
Chapter 34: Killing Between The Lines
Chapter 35: Mood Killer
Chapter 36: His Cloak Is His Only Saving Grace
Chapter 37: Death By Dream
Chapter 38: Attack of The Copy Machine
Chapter 39: Mr. Acrimony
Chapter 40: Peek A Boo! I See....
Chapter 41: D.D.R- Death Dance Revolution
Chapter 42: Hidden Image
Chapter 43: Death By Spicy Salsa
Chapter 44: Faithy-Poo Is Stuck Like Glue
Chapter 45: The Auspicious One In The Family
Chapter 46: Cruentus
Chapter 47: Distorted Reflection
Watty Awards-- Until Next time
Deathly Epilogue
WANT MORE DEATH IS MY BFF???
DIMBFF Series Order
Death by Message

Chapter 17: Death By Egg Roll

380K 13.8K 6.4K
By katrocks247

I got arrived in my apartment at three o clock in the afternoon—let me rephrase that; I arrived at my pigs sty at three in the afternoon.

After David was nowhere to be seen I sat in the waiting room for two hours. He never came back and Carol said I could go home. Was he mad at me? Did I ruin my first day of work? I really hope not I have no idea what I did. Those people were so…creepy and I didn’t know what to say. My acting skills never were good and I even told him that

But what’s worse than making your boss angry on the first day of work, is coming home to a dim lit apartment with moving boxes everywhere. Not to mention the ridiculous freezing temperature.

This is ridiculous! I’m having so many problems with this house!

I slammed the door behind me, “Mom, Dad? Marcy?” I screamed, trying to make a path with the boxes. After getting no response I walked to the counter and searched my purse for my cell phone. Seeing the new text message sign on the front screen, I flipped it open.

Mom: Can’t help you today with boxes. Car broke down, and power outage in our house. I called Nancy down the street from my cell and she said her lights are fine.  How was your first day of work?

I hate power outages, they creep me out.

Me: That’s ok I understand. Are you at least using candles? It’s pretty dark outside.

It’s kind of creepy in here without the lights on. Walking to the switch I turned the lights on, but it wouldn’t’ work. “Great,” I mumbled under my breath. Now I have to call a technician. My phone buzzed, and I sat down by the counter.

Mom: It’s the funniest thing! Most of our candles are missing! Aunt Lisa must have borrowed them. I’m pretty sure Andrew collects candles… or maybe its vases. I don’t remember.

I laughed out loud at that text. Of course he collects candles and vases; because he’s a woman. I picked the phone back up to my face and texted her back.

Me: Marcy left me all alone in this dark apartment, and the lights aren’t working as well as the heater its freaking freezing! She usually wakes up late then is out shopping all day, but thought she would be home by now.

Her response was shockingly fast. I smiled and went to open it, when a loud crash echoed the house. “Marcy?” I called out, “what the heck did you break now!” I sighed, and ran to the bedrooms poking my head into the dark rooms. Nothing broken is on the floor, or even set up.

I know I heard something crash…

The phone buzzed again, and I opened it up.

Mom: Aw, you can always come home… :) But it’s pretty dark here also.

I frowned, my mom is so protective. I’m fine on my own!

The soft sound of voices whispering made my head snap to the direction of the bedroom.  What the hell is that? My heartbeat started to pound, and I reluctantly followed the noise. What if a Zombie is in there to suck my brains out?

Ugh I watch too many horror movies. I ended up in what will soon be my bedroom, and the voices stopped. “Marcy?” I asked the closet, and faced the window.

Maybe I’m just tired; I didn’t get any sleep today. Lighting stuck outside, lighting the apartment. The thunder was loud, and gave me chills.  This storm is getting on my nerves.

The sudden feeling of eyes on my neck made my back tense, and I turned around. I screamed, and put a hand to my chest. Marcy was standing right behind me the whole time. I can see she has a bright pink tank top on and matching sweat pants. “What the hell Marcy, why didn’t you answer me before?”

She stayed silent.

“Where were you?” I demanded. When she continued standing there saying nothing, I huffed out a breath. “Marcy, knock it off. I need help with the moving boxes; we have a lot of work to do.”

“I wouldn’t worry about the boxes if I were you,” she replied, her voice dry of emotion. “you have much bigger problems to handle.”

I put my hands on my hips, “What problems?”

“Faith?” Marcy’s voice yelled from the distance, not coming from the person facing me.

My eyes widened, and I opened my mouth to scream. Nothing came out but silence. “Right when we were going to have fun,” fake-Marcy in front of me muttered. She laughed, and turned left down the hallway; which leads to a wall.

“Faith?” Marcy demanded again, coming closer.

I stayed against the wall, with tears running down my face. My body slid to the floor and I stared in shock at the door. My voice came back and the noises of my gasps echoed the room. “I’m in here!” I shouted, wiping the tears from my face.

What was that? Am I dreaming?

Marcy came in holding huge shopping bags, “Surprise! I got you clothes for your big day at—“she stopped talking when she realized I’m crying. The bags dropped to the ground and hurried over to me in her heels.  I stood up, and wiped the tears from my face. “What’s wrong babe? Is everything ok?” She asked frantically.

“I—I just,” I stuttered, trying to word what just happened to me. I just saw someone who looked exactly like you who was creepy and laughed different. She’ll think I’m crazy! I can’t say that.

“Did you get fired? Do you want me to slap him?”

I took a deep breath, be strong Faith. “No, but the boss left me alone in his office. I had to come home. I don’t know what I even did. My first day of work and he’s mad at me,” I managed to get out, taking shaky breaths in between words.

“Oh no,” she said quietly. “Would it make you feel better if I said I got Chinese?” she asked hopefully.

I don’t think eating Chinese will help me cope with seeing a clone of Marcy. “Sure.” I started to walk out of the room and stopped. My eyes darted to the dead end hallway to the left.  Where did they go? Was I just imaging things? “You didn’t happen to see anyone leave did you?” I asked carefully, my eyes roaming against the dark wall.

She shook her head, “No, why?”

“No reason,” I said quickly.

Well, besides the fact that you have a new twin that walks into walls and disappears.

******************************************************************************

“This fried rice is kind of cold,” Marcy commented for the fifth time.

 I moved around the un-eaten eggroll on my plate, “Totally,” I replied. My brain hasn’t been able to register any more responses than that for the last fifteen minutes.

“What’s wrong now?” she asked curiously, taking a gulp of her vitamin water.

“Nothing I just…I didn’t sleep well last night. I think I’m imagining things.”

She stopped eating, “Like what?”

I looked up to her brown eyes, and swallowed a lump in my throat. She’s my best friend, she will understand! “Just whispers. I heard people talking before and nobody was there.”

Marcy clapped her hands, “Oh my Gosh! Is our house haunted?” she yelled, and burst into a grin.

My eyes widened, “You’re happy about that?”

“No, but now I can invite this guy I met Brian over, and he can fend them off,” she said, with a dreamy look in her eyes. “that would be so romantic.”

I rolled my eyes, “Another guy? Don’t you ever settle down?”

She thought about that for a moment, and slapped the table. “Oh crap! I forgot to text him and say I can’t meet him at the movies!” Her eyes darted around the counter. “Where’s my phone?”

I laughed, “I don’t know Marcy. Maybe you dropped it somewhere? You did go to the—“

“Bathroom!” she screamed, and ran out of the room. “I have to pee anyways!”

I burst into giggles, and picked up my egg roll. Marcy really knows how to make me feel better, without even trying. Staring at the egg roll, I realized how hungry I really am. Taking a huge bite of the egg roll my mouth chewed happily. The yummy taste of the fried goodness mixed with the shrimp and vegetables touched my tongue. I swallowed it, but the food stopped in the middle of my throat.

I searched for water around the room, trying to get the food out my throat. I fell off the chair, and felt a weight hold me down. My brain and lungs screamed for oxygen and I tried to throw my arms out. My neck convulsed, and my vision started to darken. My leg became free and I slammed it against the floor, hard. The sound of approaching feet made my body thrash out.

"No,” an unfamiliar voice hissed.

“Faith, where did you go?” Marcy demanded, she moved into my view and screamed. “Oh my God!” She fell on the floor next to me and slammed her fist into my chest. My head jerked up, and the food came out of my mouth. Gasping for air, I grabbed onto her arm searched around the room.

“Someone…was…here,” I gasped out. After a few seconds of breathing heavily I brought my gaze to Marcy's and put my hair through my hair. "They--they held me down!"

She stared at the mush on the floor by her heels, ignoring what I said. “I’m glad you’re ok and all, but that," she pointed to what I spit up, "that's nasty.”

**************************************************************************************************

I settled for eating the rest of the fried rice on our new couch.

This is just unbelievable. That’s the second time I almost choked and died! And that voice, I know I didn’t imagine it. It was deep, and smooth almost like a song to my ears. Getting up from the couch, I padded over to the garbage can and threw out the rest of my mean. The more and more I play it back in my head, the more it sounds like…

I stared at the spot where I fell, and shook my head. No, don’t even think that. He wasn’t real he was just a character in a dream; one that wears leather, rides a motorcycle, has a velvety voice, and smells like mint and cigarettes.  There’s no way in hell he is real—

“Faith!” Marcy screamed frantically, sounding distant.

I stopped daydreaming and ran towards her call. Is the hooded man really back? “What?” I yelled back, running to the hallway.

“Faith!”

Popping my head into bedrooms there is no sign of her. Not this again! “Where are you?”

“In here!” she called, and I turned to the bathroom. The light is on under the door, and water is seeping underneath it. My eyes widened and I put my hand on the door.

“Is everything ok?” I asked quietly, and pushed open the door.

She’s in her robe and has a towel on top of her head. The tub of water is over flowing, and Marcy is trying to shoo something on the wall. “There’s a spider on the wall,” she cried, and pointed at it.

I swallowed hard and stepped back. A giant black spider is in the corner of the bathroom. It’s literary the biggest spider I’ve ever seen. “Kill it then you’ve killed them before.”

“I’m not doing that!” she protested, she grabbed my arm and hid behind me. “Kill it Faith before it gets me!”

My heart started to pound at a faster rate and I stepped back to leave. “M-marcy you know I’m afraid of Spiders.”

The bathroom door slammed shut. “That’s the point, you moron,” a deep, velvety voice said from behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4M 501K 64
The fiery sequel to Death Is My BFF Rewritten and 2016 WATTY AWARDS winner... The book you should read before this one is "Death is My BFF Rewritten...
821 107 11
"The past is a fire, our actions were the spark." Book 1 in the Bloodied Paws series. -=+=- "My whole short life, I've been the weird one. That's no...
305K 17.9K 49
*TRADITIONALLY PUBLISHED BY FRAYED PAGES x WATTPAD BOOKS! COMING TO BOOKSTORES 6/11/24!!* |2022 Wattys Shortlist| When a demon princess and a human m...
4.9M 31.1K 9
"I know you're a virgin but have you never been touched?" He asked, sliding his other hand down onto her leg. "What makes you say that?" Kat breathe...