Hiding My Heart

By J_abbis

Deidre -Dee- Johson has had a rough life. A mother who is a drunk, a father who ditched out on her and her br... More

Hiding My Heart
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epliogue
Bonus - We Owned the Night
Authors Note on Sequel

Chapter 44

14.3K 464 125
By J_abbis

**Preston's p.o.v** 

I could feel Dee pull away from me as time ticked by and there was still no sign of her mom. She withdrew in herself. So when she left to the restroom I let her go, realizing and feeling that she needed some space. 

"Is she going to be alright?" I ask Brayden. 

Brayden shrugs and looks at the empty seat. "I don't know, she had high hopes this morning. I mean we had talked before..." He trails off looking troubled. "We talked this morning and I didn't know what to make of it. I wanted to believe her and give her a run for her money. I told myself that if she showed up tonight then I would try to work things out with her. But it looks that Carmen has disappointed us yet again." He mumbles hoping no one would hear him, but werewolf hearing and all that. 

I see Hunter and the others shoot each other confused looks and Sasha looks away, playing with her napkin and Scott clench his fist. 

"I'm sure it's just the weather that's keeping her." I try to reason but the look in his eyes told me that he clearly didn't believe it. 

It was then that I felt her panic spike alerting me of danger. 

Dee, what's wrong? I ask tensing up. 

I'm fine; I'm just worried about my mom. She told me there was a delay on the street, an accident because of the weather. I'm just worried about her. Just give me another minute. 

I felt her hesitant before she answered. Not wanting to over analyze it I simply say, Ok, I love you and hurry back I don't want your food getting cold.  

I love you too. She whispers back to me. 

I try to read her thoughts but I only find her worry for her mom and wanting to come back to the party to finish celebrating it. 

"You ok?" I hear Sasha ask me. 

I nod. "Yeah, just wondering what's keeping Dee." is all I say. 

"Do you want me to go see if she's ok?" Sasha asks about to get up. 

"No, I'm sure she's talking to her mom." I say out loud but in her mind, she needs some time to compose herself before coming back. 

She nods but instead of sitting down she moves over to Dee's empty seat, sitting next to her brother and starts talking to him, her voice low and intense. Brayden plays with his food and continues to glance at the empty seat. 

"Something's not right." He mumbles after a moment. 

I look at him in surprise and my eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. "What do you mean?" I ask. 

"I don't know, I just felt it all day. This sort of dread and now with my mom not here yet... I don't know I don't like it." He says. 

I swallow at this and look over at Scott. I have been having this prickly anxiety since Dee has been gone, a feeling of doom. I figured it was from the storm and not knowing when the rogues were going to attack. But it felt different from before, ever since Dee left.  

"Let's not-" I start to say but a waiter comes in holding something in his hands looking around his eyes landing on each guy in the room. 

"Is there a Preston here?" He asks saying my name as if he was disgusted. 

"Uh, that would be me." I say standing up and going over to him. 

He eyes me up and down, his eyes scanning the girls around us, his eyes landing on Sasha. His eyes narrow at her before turning his attention back to me. 

"Your 'friend' found your phone, she asked me to give it to you." He says the word friend as if it seriously disgusted him. 

My eyebrows knit together in confusion as he hands me over Dee's phone, along with a folded piece of paper. 

"Uh- this isn't my phone." I mumble in confusion. 

He snorts at this and rolls his eyes. "Well she said it was yours that your girlfriend had left it in the bathroom." He eyes Sasha again, his mouth twisting in a sneer. 

I don't bother correcting him I simply just dismiss him as I open note. 

Preston, I don't have a lot of room to explain so I'll keep this short. I love you and I'm sorry but I had to do this. Look at my recent message from my mom. I'm sorry but I will come back, I hope you understand why I had to do this. Love Dee. 

Panic sets in as I fumble with her phone opening up her new messages. What I see and read makes my blood boil. Without saying a word to anyone I run out of the room and too the back exit, expecting to see her, she couldn't have gotten far. 

But when I reach the door and in the alley way there is no sign of anyone, I couldn't even feel her around the area. Sniffing for a scent was a waste of time since it was raining and washed away scents. I felt anger burst from me as I threw the phone hard at the wall, shattering it to pieces. It was then that I saw something lying in the puddle, something shiny.  

Grabbing it I hold it up in the dim street light and gasp, it was Dee's bracelet. 

Code Red. Nick get your group of men to cover the west. Rick your men over to the road leading out of town. Follow any car that goes through. Rogues have been here. 

I yell out to the link to everyone. Cursing I run back inside, not carrying about the dirty looks I was getting from the waitresses and waiters. 

They took Dee, I growl out fighting my change as Hunter and the rest of the boys burst out of the private room. 

There was going to be hell to pay for taking my mate. 

..................................................................................................................................................................................... 

**Dee's p.o.v** 

I groan as my stiff achy body registers how cold I was. My hands and feet were bound and it felt as if I was lying on a bed. My clothes dry from the rain, my hair a mess. There was a throbbing in my temples and skull, it felt as if I was ran over by monster truck. Groaning again I slowly peel my eyes open only to be consumed in darkness. 

I breathe in deep taking in the smell around me, it smelt stale and unused, a bit of dust and cleaning spray. My hands search the bed I was on feeling a soft quilt under my fingers. My skin burnt as I struggle against the handcuffs that were clamp around my wrists. I cry out in pain as the pain increases, making me stop my struggling. It felt as if my flesh had burnt against the cuffs. 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." A voice so low and so familiar says from the darkness. 

I feel myself stiffen at the sound of the voice that has haunted me since the night he ruined me. The light in the room flicks on and I see Jared sitting in a chair right outside the metal bars. Blinking in confusion I look around the room, getting my bearings. There were other cells, but none occupied at the moment. 

"What do you mean?" I croak my throat hurting at the words. 

He studies me for a moment before answering, "Those handcuffs are made out of pure silver sweetheart. The more you struggle the tighter they get." He says matter of fact. 

I groan and look down at my hands; they were thankfully cuffed in the front, my legs bound with rope. My skin was rubbed red and stung as the metal made contact with my skin once more. 

"Why use silver?" I ask. 

He snorts and rolls his eyes at my stupidity. "You could easily break through rope."  

"Why am I here?" I whisper, "How did you do it?" 

He grins from ear to ear at my words but he doesn't say anything to me. Instead he gets up and leaves the room. I glare at the door when I hear the lock click. Sitting up from the little cot that they had placed on the floor I kick my feet, using all the strength I could, a moment later the rope snaps off leaving my skin a little red from the rubbing. 

There were no windows in the little black jail house leaving me no way to see what time of day it was. I had no idea how long I was out for, hours or even days. By the rumbling of my stomach I would say it was morning now but that was a pretty high guess. There were no clocks on the walls either and I didn't like that.  

Preston must be freaking out right now. Oh no! Preston. How could I be so stupid? I always laughed at the girls in books and in movies that went to the bad guy. I told myself I would never be that idiotic girl that ran to the bad guy and then get killed later on. Looks like that went through the window, I guess it's just different when it really happens to you in real life. Things like that should only happen in movies. 

My worry over what Preston must be feelings makes me realize that I couldn't feel him though the bond. It was like it was closed off. Confused I search my brain for his presence but find none. Getting worried at not feeling him or hearing him I try to reach out to him. 

Preston- I cry out in pain as I try to communicate with him. A sharp pain shoots through my head, causing the throbbing in my temples to increase. 

"Oh I'm sorry dear; my little human slave must have forgotten to mention that you can't communicate to your dear mate." Max's voice says behind me. 

I freeze at the sound of his voice, my breathing coming in shallowly as my heart beat increases. I've gone ten years without hearing or seeing him. All the pain he caused us and mostly my sisters rushed back to me, reminding me just how sadistic he is. 

"Max... or do you go by Manson now?" I say between clench teeth. 

He chuckles darkly as he walks up to me, making me back up against the wall. 

"So you finally figured everything out. That's too bad; he's been hoping to surprise you." Max says grabbing a key and opening the door. I eye it but he was too quick he was in and the door locked a moment later. He walks up to me stopping when he's inches from me. His chest at eye level to me. 

"Well your little spy just couldn't keep his mouth shut whenever I was around." I say turning my head to I didn't have to look at him. "But I didn't make the connection until I came across a photo of you with your last name... and after finding out about my father."  

He chuckles once more, his breathing blowing across my skin. "You were always too smart." He says dragging a hand up my arm, on my shoulder until resting on my neck, missing my mark and cupping my chin. 

He forces my face up so I have to look up at him. My eyes harden as I look at his familiar face, haggard and scruffy. Looks like he still didn't figure out that beards are lame. Only the duck dynasty family can pull that off. Though his beard isn't as long, just a shadowing of five o clock. 

"Where is my mother?" I ask hard. 

"Oh she has been taken care of, don't worry too much." He says making me grit my teeth hard. 

"I said where is she you b_tch," I growl out feeling my temper burst. 

His face twists with anger and his grip on me tightens painfully, I whimper softly at his hard hold of me. 

"Get off!" I scream trying to struggle out of his hold. But he won't allow it. 

"You stupid little hybrid, he should have killed you while he had the chance." He shouts in my face. "I demand respect from you, you filth! Nobody talks to me like that" 

My eyes widen with fright as I see his hand remove itself from my face and raises instead. Before he can move it down to hit me I growl and lift up my hands, with all my might I swipe the handcuffs across his face, pushing him away. I hear his scream of pain as he stumbles back from me clutching his face. The handcuffs sting against my skin as they tighten around them making me wince. 

"You b_tch!" He yells looking at me, his hands coming off his face. There is a thick blood line crossing the right side of his face, his skin burning under the contact of the silver. It will never heal up now; he will have a scar there for the rest of his life. 

Before I could see it coming his fist comes down on my left cheek. I cry out in pain as the blow makes me crash into the wall, I slide down just as his foot swipes at my stomach making me crumble over in pain. His breathing is hard and labored as he kneels down over me. I struggle to catch my breath as he gets closer, the fire in his eyes evident. 

"You will pay for that little girl; your whole pack will pay for that." He hisses out. "In fact, let's send them a little something." He says grabbing a lock of my hair and yanking at it, pulling it from my head. I cry out in pain and see him fist it in his hands. 

He gets into my face. "That mark won't protect you from us little Deidre." He says menacingly. He stands up wiping the blood from his face and walking away, slamming and locking the door behind him. 

I groan out as I go to sit up, wincing as my ribs throb. He used his werewolf strength for that kick. I could already feel my face bruising from his fingers and my ribs cruise up as well. These people were delusional, he was delusional. If he thinks that he can get rid of Preston's mark he has another thing coming to him. 

I walk slowly to the bed sitting on the edge. First Jared made a deal with my father that I would marry him, which I knew would never happen. Now that they have me I don't see him living for long. And Max... I have no idea what that was, it was weird that's for sure..  

Rolling my shoulders I try to stop the discomfort from the handcuffs, but they were already too tight, my tiff with Max made them unbearable. I knew Max was going to send my hair to Preston, get him all riled up. I knew I had to meet Joey and soon, after all he has wanted me for months now. Why is he dragging it out? Was it because my mom? Was she safe? 

I bite my lip in worry as my eyes tear up remembering the picture that was sent to me. I knew it was the right thing to leave my phone for Preston to get the message. He knew I was gone and I had to go to the rogues. I still don't know how we managed to slip past his guards, I thought he would for sure have the place on lock down but we must have just passed out of town before he got the message. And the rain would wash away my scent. There was no way of him knowing where I was at. 

And because of these stupid cuffs I couldn't communicate with him. How was I supposed to get these off? They weren't going to allow me to have them off not when I can communicate with Preston. I sigh and look out the window, it has started to get lighter out, morning was coming and it was still raining. I must have been knocked out for quite some time; whatever they injected me with was strong. 

I don't know how long I sat in that one spot; it had to of been hours later. My stomach was in knots and in pain, from the kick and from not eating. They wouldn't starve me right? Just as I'm about to chew off my own hand the door opens and in walks a girl, the same girl that tried to kidnap me. I glare at her as she walks in with some clothes in her hands. 

"Let's go princess, shower time." She sneers at me.  

I just stare at her in confusion. "what?" I simply ask. 

I thought that my wolf would have done something, helped me out somehow but the tightening of the handcuffs made me realize another thing. They were burning my skin, they wouldn't allow me to reach out to Preston and they weren't allowing me to call upon my wolf.  

"You have a meeting with your father and for some reason he wants you dressed up to look like f_cking royalty. You are his heir after all."  

I roll my eyes. "As if he ever cared about that." I spit out. 

She growls in irritation and hauls me up not so gently and pushes me out of the cell. Two men are on the other side of the door, obviously 'guarding' me. They follow us as she pushes me up the stairs and into a hallway to the bathroom. She closes the door and locks it; she puts the dress onto the counter and leans against the door, waiting for me to change. 

"I am not changing in front of you." I hiss out, she will surely see the gun and knife. My only hope would diminish if she saw them. 

"Too bad princess, I'm not to leave you unguarded." She hisses back. 

"And how am I supposed to wash my hair if they are cuffed?" I ask. 

She growls and steps a menacing step forward. "Those cuffs don't come off."  

I roll my eyes and step into the bath, closing the curtain. "Do you have scissors? It looks like I'm going to have to cut this dress off." I say sarcastically.  

There's another growl before the curtain is ripped open, she grabs my wrists and before I know it the cuffs are off my wrists. I look at her in shock. 

"One minute to get that f_cking dress off." I close the curtain again and slowly pull the dress off. 

The connection is too weak; I couldn't reach Preston even if I tried. Not wanting her to rip the curtain open and see the weapons I hurry out of my clothes, I drop the dress on the other side of the curtain along with my under garments. I hold my wrists out of the curtain also, keeping my body concealed so she didn't see the weapons.  

The cuffs snap on just as I feel Preston in my mind. The metal stings, but luckily they weren't on tight. Turning the shower on I start to wash myself which was hard since you know my hands were cuffed together. They got tighter and tighter as I washed my hair out and tears were forming because of them. When I finally stopped the water a towel was thrust into the curtain. Grabbing at it I awkwardly dried myself off and wrapped my hair around the towel.  

"Hand me the under garments and my dress please." I say holding my wrists out once more. She unsnaps them and I hurry to get the clothes on. 

Dee-? Are you safe? Preston's voice and thoughts bombard me and I wince at the sudden onslaught of it. 

But I don't have time to answer I barely pulled the dress up, not caring that the bottom of the dress by my feet was getting wet. I pulled the capped sleeves up just as the curtain was pulled aside and the handcuffs were back on. 

Stepping out of the tub I allowed her to zip up the back of the dress. 

"So what's next? You going to do my hair all nice and pretty as we gossip about boys?" I say sarcastically as she hands me a brush. 

She snorts at this but doesn't answer. Instead she just looks away as I brush my tangled hair, letting it dry naturally into the waves. Grabbing my shoulder hard she moves me out of the room, the dress skirt swishing around my feet. Why would he dress me up? I didn't get it. 

Instead of taking me back to the cells she takes me across the house to an unmarked hallway, not once helping me as I stumble around. Whenever we passed people they would glare hard at me, whispering behind hands and pointing at me. I just glared back and held in my nasty words that I wanted to say to them. The worst was seeing a little boy playing with a little girl only to stop and stare at me, both looking frightened as I passed. 

When we got to the end of the hallway she walks me over to a door. She knocks three times and then steps back waiting for it to open. The door opens and Max is in there, grinning like a mad man when he sees us. I ignore him as the girl pushes me in, but not following me. 

I push past Max, my head held high in the air as I realize that this was his office that he was in here. All my arrogance and self-control crumbled when I saw my mom, dressed in a red gown, just like my own sitting on a chair, unharmed. There was still a bruise on her face but it looks like someone put makeup on her, her hair was done up in a bun. There were no dirty rags as clothes, no ropes or chains around her. 

"Mom?" I gasp and try to run to her. 

She has tears in her eyes as Max holds me away, his arms digging into my bruised ribs. I feel tears start to build up as I see her look of panic and tears. 

"Oh Dee, I am so sorry." She whispers standing up about to move to me. But someone is there fast, standing in front of her, stopping her from making a move. 

"But how? The picture-" I say trying to look past the man. 

"That's enough." A voice snaps from behind me making me freeze in Max's arms. "Max leave us." He snaps again. 

I don't turn around as I hear Max open the door and then slam it shut. I don't look when I hear him walking closer to me. I close my eyes and pray for my mom to hold stop him, to get us out of here. But like always my prayers aren't answered. 

"Oh how you have grown." The voice says as I struggle to gain my breathing. "You have changed a lot Deidre."  

Finally I take my eyes off the floor and look at the man that I had called my father. The man that has been my own personal nightmare. His grey eyes are piercing and cold. He looks well-built and clean shaven, looks like he hasn't been struggling like us. He's well feed, has showers, a nice comfy bed, the works! I glare up at him as his jaw sets in hard as he too glares at me. 

"Well at least one of us has." I hiss at him. 

He stiffens and then lets out a booming laugh making me cringe away from him. I hated everything about this man, his creepy laugh, the controlling look in his eyes. Everything about him set me on edge, had me looking for the nearest hiding spot.  

"Jared was right! You have turned into a little firecracker!" He laughs once more before cutting off abruptly and towering over me, making me feel like a small child once more. "I won't tolerate your smart mouth. The last person who smarted off to Max and I ended up having his tongue ripped out of his body." He says menacingly. 

I swallow at that. I would rather keep my tongue thank you very much. I am quite fond of it. 

"Why am I here Joey?" I whisper softly my eyes darting to my mom. 

"Quick to the chase is it? We have been a part for ten years my darling little daughter. Can't a man just miss his wife and child?" He pretends innocence making me grit my teeth, my hands balling up in fists. "Just like your mother." He spits throwing a glare her way making her flinch. 

"No hug, or kiss, or sweet words. One would think they would feel that spark that loves when they're reunited with their mate." His voice grows soft and so does his expression as he walks up to my mother, pulling her into his arms. She's tense and I can see her body shake as he cups her bruised cheek.  

"Why would she feel any love for you? You left her, you left us. You never cared at all; if you did then you wouldn't have hit her all those years for protecting me." I lash out, forgetting his warning about ripping my tongue out. All I felt was pure rage at the look of love on his face. He doesn't deserve my mother's love. 

At my words he tenses, his grip on my mom tightening as I see her flinch, her eyes wide with panic as she looks at me, her face dropping of all its color. 

"What did you say to me?" He says lowly letting her go and before I knew it I was thrown into the door right behind me. 

I wheeze at the impact as I slide to the floor gasping for air. Pain shot up my back, through my ribs. This was not good. 

"Dee-" I hear her before I feel his hand in my hair, pulling me up by my roots. I cry out in shock as I'm forced onto my shaky feet. 

"You listen and listen good little girl. I will not tolerate your behavior and rebellion I am your father and I demand respect from you. One more smart a_s remark that comes out of your mouth I will be sure to make Kent's pack pay for it. And you will too, food is the essential part of our survival." He threatens lowly to me making me glare at him hard. 

"Don't you touch her ever again." I hear my mom growl out at his side before I feel his fingers forcibly remove themselves from me. I see her block him from me, her back straight and chin rose as she protects me. "You will not touch my daughter again."  

I see his shock before anger takes over. I see him clench and unclench his fists over and over again, his eyes turning dark as he looks at my mother.  

"Always the protector, always disobeying me." He growls more than talks. I see his frame shake before he clutches his hair and force himself to calm down, having an inner battle with himself. I clutch at my mother's dress as I see him slowly calm down, a wicked smile forming on his face as he looks at mom. 

"And always having a punishment for it." He whispers making me heartbeat faster at his words and how he is looking at my mother. I knew that look, he was saving his punishment for her later, his beating for her later because he has something else he must do right now. 

"Fine, you want to get straight to the point why don't you have a seat my darling little daughter." He huffs out as he strides behind the desk, filling a glass full of alcohol. I swallow as I feel mom grab my hand pulling us to the furthest couch in the room. 

"Are you ok? What happened to your-" I whisper to her in concern. 

"He's dead, the one that did that to her. He was only told to retrieve her, but he did more. I had to kill him." Joey says as he downs his drink, refilling it. 

I glare at him and turn back to her. "Don't worry Dee; this is the only hit I have received since I've been here." She whispers reassuringly to me. 

I swallow and nod looking down at my hands. "Why did you bring us here?" I ask looking at Joey. "Why now?" 

He chuckles as he downs his third glass. "Why Dee, I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet." He scoffs. 

"How am I supposed to help you get to the High council? I can't even turn into a werewolf." I point out. "So I'm of no use to you." I growl out. 

Instead of answering he moves to his bookshelves scanning his books. "I'm missing some books, very important books." He says slowly. "History books about my family, I assume that you have it." He looks over at me. 

I tense up telling my body not to give anything away but he already knows the answer to that. After all he was the one who left the box at the house. 

"I assume that you have read it, and learned of our downfall?" He asks making me nod. "Good. But have you learned how weak our ancestors were? How they cowered and didn't fight back. Some rogues tried but it never gets us anywhere. My father was a coward, just like the rest of them. Never standing up and claiming back what is rightfully ours." He spits out his dislike of his blood line. 

"So I finally took over the pack, I challenged him and won over the pack. Right before you turned eight. I had to leave after that, I was going to claim what was mine, I was going to have all the power and control over all the packs." He grins triumphantly before glaring at me. "I was going to have it all but you screwed up the plans. You were never supposed to be born; I didn't want my bloodline polluted with humans. As much as I love your mother I didn't want her harboring any of my children." He growls out. "I never once smelt wolf in you when you were growing up, only human. I should have killed you but I had hope." He snorts at this. 

"I had hoped that you were going to turn, that you would be werewolf. Then I can have mercy on you, and then I can keep you alive. But I got tired of smelling human in you, so when I took over the pack I left. Even though I left I still kept an eye on you, spies on your progress. Everything until that family moved in, searching for a place to move their pack. I was so sure you were going to turn but without me spying on you I had no way of knowing if it would be soon." 

He sniffs the air and smiles. "I had to get a little sneakier of course. Which is why I brought in Jared, I knew all about you and him and when he ran... well you know how it went." He says rolling his eyes. "And now here we are, I finally got you and you have found your wolf."  

"Now what? Now that you got me now what?" I bite back my anger a little bit. I was getting impatient with the back story. Does every bad guy have to do the long drown out speech? Why not just cut to the chase? 

He rolls his eyes and shakes his head sadly. "Jared misinterpreted everything I told him. I may have agreed to let him have you after we caught you but that was all a lie. He will be dead soon, he served his purpose," He laughs at this making me feel sick to my stomach; I knew I was right about them disposing of him. "I didn't want you so you can help me get rid of the high council. I only need you because you are my only heir. You are the only thing that can help keep my bloodline. The only one who can produce another heir." My stomach rolls at his words. 

Without another word he pushes a button and says, "Bring him in."  

Confused and about to ask him a question the door swings open distracting me. Looking from Joey to the door I see a young man walk in. He looks to be nineteen or twenty, young. His brown hair had that messy look, and he had brown eyes that were hard and cold. After that he looked exactly like Max. Tall and muscly, his jaw was well defined and clenched tight, his hands in fists at his sides. He looked like the person you didn't want to mess with. Ever. I swallow as his eyes focused on me. He looks me up and down, assessing me. I shrink into my mother's side at his look; this was going to be bad. I could feel it. 

"Deidre this is Striker, Max's son." Joey states proudly making me gasp. 

"Max has a son?" I whisper in shock as I see Max behind his son. Looking from one to another I can tell the similarity in the facial features and built frame. If I just changed the eye color and put a little beard on Striker he could be his father's twin. 

"You will harbor his children." Joey says making me chock on air. 

"Excuse me?" I hiss out. 

"He has killed all the young men who have battled for your hand." Joey says walking up to Striker and patting his shoulder proudly. "That is why I have brought you here Deidre. Your only use to me is to give me a pure blooded grandson. Only then will we be ready to take what is rightfully ours. I will not have my line polluted when we take over the High council." He says matter of fact making me want to puke. 

"I already have been mated." I blurt out pointing to my neck where Preston's mark lies proudly. "I can only have children with who harbors this mark, with my mate." I say standing up tall, showing them I would not go down without a fight. 

Max rolls his eyes, Striker looks away and Joey just simply laughs. I grit my teeth as he laughs so hard he's clutching his stomach. 

"That mark is fresh, I'm sure you've heard that the bond is not sealed until a week after." He says once he has finally calmed down. "You're up for the taking."  

Blood drains from my face as I see Striker smirk over at me, his white straight teeth practically beaming in the light. This had to be a joke right? I swallow and shake my head. 

"I won't do it." I hiss after a while feeling my mother's hand wrap around me, pulling me back to her as I realize I'm shaking really badly. 

"Of course after you have served your purpose it's up to Striker on what to do with you." Joey goes on as if he hasn't heard me. "But you will do it, I'm afraid you have no choice."  

I swallow hard and feel my mother's hands start stroking my arm reassuringly. 

"Choose your fights Dee, I'm afraid you don't have many to pick from." She whispers in my ear. 

"Listen to your mom darling." Striker says sarcastically rolling his eyes. "It won't do you any go through." He says making everyone laugh. 

"I would rather die than mate with you." I hiss at him feeling my mother's arms tighten in a soft warning. 

Striker stops laughing and in a second he is towering over me making me shrink back into the couch. I swallow hard as he glares down at me, his hand coming down. I flinch expecting a hit but instead he cups my cheek almost tenderly. 

"That can be arranged after you bare my child." He sneers down at me before taking a step back. "Bring her to my room after the meeting; I would like to know my future mate before I conduct the mating ceremony." He says before he whirls around and leaves the room with Max right behind him. 

As soon as the door is shut Joey grins triumphantly. "Once you have mated with Striker I will attack the Kent pack. After all, he will be in too much pain to fully fight." He says evilly before pushing another button and two big men come in. 

"Hey, let go." I shout as one of them picks me up and the other one picks my mother up. 

"I'm terribly sorry dear, but you will be spending time in the cells with your daughter. No dinner for either of you, that is the most generous punishment I'm willing to give." He says to my mother, kissing her cheek.  

She spat at him. "Rot in hell." She hisses fiercely. 

His face turns red as the men drag us out of the room. "I'll see you there darling." 

He hisses back before slamming the door closed. 

Knots turned my stomach at what was to come later tonight, I need to reach Preston, warn him and fast. 

........................................................................................................................................................................................ 

A\/N: Oh... Em... Gee... Thoughts? 

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 149 28
❝ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘˜π‘–π‘ π‘  π‘œπ‘“ π‘Žπ‘› π‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘™ π‘π‘Žπ‘› 𝑝𝑒𝑑 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 π‘Ž 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙 π‘‘π‘œ 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝, π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 π‘Ž 𝑑𝑒𝑣𝑖𝑙 𝑖𝑠 π‘π‘Žπ‘π‘Žπ‘π‘™π‘’ π‘œπ‘“ 𝑓...
355 43 32
WARNING THERE ARE CURSE WORDS AND LOTS OF THEM TO SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ CURSE WORDS THEN STOP READING THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW AND GO FIND SOMETHIN...
695 130 28
It was like he was on the verge of dying from starvation if he couldn't taste me. Just when I thought the pleasure couldn't get any stronger, it had...
2.4M 75.2K 46
Cover by @auroralust This book is available on Goodreads under this title Elora Reed has spent the majority of her life being beaten, abused and scre...