The Friendly Reality (Harry S...

By aabbhhiiee

A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other.. Maybe temp... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Arrival
Chapter 2: Meeting Her
Chapter 3: Hang Out
Chapter 4: Bestfriends
Chapter 5: The Audition
Chapter 6: Adjustment Period
Chapter 7: Meeting the Boys
Chapter 8: Busy Schedule
Chapter 9: Harry's Issues
Chapter 10: Unbelievable
Chapter 11: Me & Her
Chapter 12: Mood Swing
Chapter 13: The Reveal
Chapter 14: Still Trying
Author's Note
UPDATE!!
Chapter 15: The Wedding
Chapter 16: Stargazing
Chapter 18: Back With the Boys
Chapter 19: Damn It (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 20: Girl's Night Out
Chapter 21: It's Still You
Chapter 22: Please Understand (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 23: Adventure Time
Chapter 24: A Time For Us
Chapter 25: Everything has Changed
Chapter 26: Much Better
Chapter 27: Preparations
Chapter 28: I Don't Regret It
Chapter 29: Clear Things Out
Chapter 30: Misconception
Chapter 31: Climax
Chapter 32: The Moment I Knew
Author's Note
Chapter 33: Finally
Chapter 34: Just Go With It
Chapter 35: One Step Closer
Epilogue

Chapter 17: Months Ago (A Flashback Chapter)

641 25 2
By aabbhhiiee

Note: Dedicated to my BFF, @qwerthreeuiop. Thanks for the super awesome banner! Hey Readers, do read her story called The Missing Half. You'll definitely beg her for more updates! haha :> I love you Isabel and I miss you! <33

Chapter 17:

Months Ago (A Flashback Chapter)

(Abbie's POV)

City of London School. That was the only private high school that accredited my previous subjects in my old school. Dad was based in Central London, far away from my aunt and the Styles' residence. But I don't think it would make a difference if we lived near them since Harry's never home anyway and everyone would just be too busy with their own stuff.

I can be your hero baby. I can kiss away the pain..

"Ms. Reyes?"

I will stand by you forever, you can take my breath away.

"I'm sorry Mr. Labrador. Please continue." I desperately pressed the end call button of my damn phonr. It was my fault I forgot to put it on silent mode and I end up turning the damn thing off.

My teacher glared at me angrily, "This will be the last time that phone should ring or you'll be out of this class."

I nodded embarrassingly. Another hour passed by and the science room was silent as we took in our lesson on speed and velocity. I felt a tap on my back as I buried my head in my hands on my desk.

"It might be an emergency. It might be Niall." AJ, my lab partner, says.

"If it is him, he'll understand. I'm new at this school and I can't take any risks of getting myself expelled." I told her.

Ally Joe was the only girl in my school who isn't acting fake around me. I mean yeah she's a fan, especially of Harry, but she doesn't keep bugging me on what the boys are currently doing every second of the day. What am I? Their keeper? And also because she lives two houses down from where we live.

We got out of class and I turned on my phone.

6 missed calls and 2 new messages.

Geez, not even enough to be called an emergency. I put my phone back in my skirt's pocket.

"Abbie! You're needed in the Student's Affair Office!" I heard someone say as I left the bathroom with AJ.

Have I also mentioned that I am the current president of the student council, head of the homecoming committee, and leader of the debate club. I blame my transcript for recording every single detail about me. Now I'm left with all these pressure and I haven't even had a year in this institution!

I hurried my way down the hall, stepping one foot after the other.

"So am I getting that date tonight, babe?" Chad enunciated as I walk pass him.

"In your dreams Chad!" I answered, not even turning to face him.

"I'm free!" AJ blurted out, winking.

"Actually I'm busy tonight. Got to do a lot of homework." He says back to her before disappearing in our sight. 

After making many left and right turns and almost getting myself lost in the campus, I finally arrive in the office. The secretary, in her gray casual office attire, sat in her desk just beside the door.

"Hello. Mrs. Curtis wanted to see me?" I asked politely, slowly shutting the door behind me.

She looked at me from head to toe, possibly searching her mind to know who I am. I mean I haven't been to this office and I've never seen this person before. But then I thought to myself that she's just probably impressed to see how my purple checkered skirt that reached up to the middle of my thigh and my white long-sleeved top who's collar was held in place by my necktie, fitted me perfectly. I myself also liked this school's uniform. It's so classy and I even had to wear this black knee socks and white low cut converse sneakers.

She ignored me and went back to typing in her computer."I'm Abbie Reyes." I tell her.

Her eyes widened as she turned to face me, "Oh, I'm sorry! I-"

"You don't have to apologize." I insisted before she says another word. Besides, I don't expect everybody to know me.

"She's right in her office over there." Her index finger pointed to the door that was a few meters away.

"I'll wait for you here." AJ states, taking a seat in one of the vacant sofas. Good thing there was a BOP magazine on top of the desk, enough to keep her entertained.

(AJ's POV)

I was riding my bike that day when I first saw the Reyes family move to their new home. They took down boxes from this We'll Help You Move truck that was parked in their driveway. I laid my eyes on this beautiful girl in her floral dress, skipping her way to their porch. Of course, I knew who she is. I'm a Directioner and duh, I know everything about the boys' lives. Well not really everything. I'm exaggerating.

"Hey!" I hollered. "Welcome to the neighborhood! Need some help with those?"

She looked at me, kind of surprised, as I got down from my bike.

"Hey! Yeah, sure! That would be great." Her smile showed off the crinkle that was just below her eyes.

"I'm Ally Joe. You can call me AJ. I live just two houses away from here." I said as I reach out my hand to help her carry this box that wasn't even that heavy.

"Abbie. A pleasure to meet you." She tried her best to offer her hand for a handshake but then the box almost dropped so we just laughed it off.

Together we entered their house, my back holding the screen from slamming. We climbed up the stairs that led to her room. It was a mess since she wasn't even done unpacking her things so I guess it's excusable. Then I heard a knock on the door.

"Darling, would you mind introducing me to your friend here?" It must be Abbie's mom. She was beautiful just like her daughter.

Abbie hooked her arm into mine as she spoke, "This is AJ, mom. She lives two houses away."

"It's nice to know my girl has a new friend already and we haven't even been here for a day. Thanks for helping out dear!" I smiled at her, practically feeling overjoyed. "You can stay for supper! I want you to taste my Adobo."

"Oh sorry, I can't. My sister's coming home today with her husband and her baby. So it's kind of a big family celebration." I admit. My sister and her husband lived in New York so it's not all the time they're here.

"Well okay. We'll have that some other time." Her sweet tone made me feel like we've known each other for too long.

I helped Abbie open the boxes and put her things in place. A photograph made my heart race when I saw it was a picture of her with Harry. Like OMFG I'm so obsessed with him-

"My buddy." She warmly tells me, gently taking the picture frame from me.

"How long have you been best friends? Have you ever fallen for him? Of course you haven't 'cause you're in love with Niall. But what does it feel like being with the other boys?-" I eagerly asked. Her reaction changed and her smile was slowly disappearing as I asked too many questions to even notice it.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to go beyond the lines. It's okay if you don't answer. I totally understand." I calmed myself down from fangirl-ing too much.

She smirks at me and her eyes shine, "It's alright! So you're a Directioner, huh? Who's your bet?"

"HARRY!" I exclaimed covering my mouth after noticing I literally screamed.

"What about Zayn?"

"He's hot!"

"Louis?"

"Oh god his accent!"

"Liam?"

"Dreamy!"

"Niall?"

"He's yours!"

Our laughters echoed in her almost-tidy room. All we did was chat and get to learn more about each other. To be honest, when I heard the news that she was dating Niall, I thought she was the typical girl who wanted to be in the spotlight. But she isn't. She's just this normal girl who is so down to earth and loves Niall not because he's from One Direction.

The week after that, Senior Year started. Mr. Burns introduced us to the new girl in class. To my surprise, it was Abbie. We get to be classmates and the rest of the girls wowed in awe as the news spread to the entire population in school.

NIALL HORAN'S GIRLFRIEND IS IN OUR SCHOOL.

It buzzed through the succeeding days and everyone tried to get her attention and mob her wherever she goes. I just had to assist her and some of the concerned citizens in class helped out too in calming everybody down. The school's president even had to set up rules to respect Abbie's privacy. Well in the end, she eventually gained both haters and NiaBie shippers.

(Abbie's POV)

I got home just in time for dinner. I was so tired after organizing the venue for the upcoming acquaintance party, then I had to make a report for the debate club, then react to the vandalism issue in the girl's bathroom. Geez I hate being the smart and responsible kid in town- you have to do all the work.

Okay so I got in Mrs. Curtis' office this afternoon. She was on the phone talking to someone, who I believe is her daughter, a sophomore from school.

"Honey, don't worry- I'll try my best- She's here. I'll see you later- bye." She puts down her phone as she turned her chair to face me.

"You needed me?" I asked.

"Yes. Please sit." I did as she instructed. "You see, we have this upcoming acquaintance party in 4 days. Everyone will be enjoying the night, with music and dancing. So the panel and I are wondering, that since you have connections, if you could get-" At this moment I knew what she was about to say.

"The boys to be there and sing." I cut her off as I finished the sentence for her.

Her eyes sparkled, "Yes! That's it!"

Now I'm feeling like even the administration is taking advantage of me.

"It won't be that easy."

"Why? You could just call them!"

"I can't just make arrangements! They have their own business!" She glared at me as I unconsciously raised my voice.

"Fine." She stood up and fixed her pencil skirt. "The rules are not rules anymore. No student will be punished anymore once they disrespect your privacy. I've had enough of this nonsense. You may get out of my office."

I was pissed- I mean what does this person think? The boys are not apples that you can easily pick from the tree! I walked my way towards the door and slammed it shut. Now I have tons of deadlines to make, an acquaintance party to establish, debate issues to study, and gaah, I have a long list of it.

My bed welcomed me as I jumped in on it, my head comfortably lying on my pillows. I felt so fresh after taking a warm shower to relieve my stress and the bullshit I've been through today.

When you look me in the eyes, and tell me that you love me..

"Isabel!" There was excitement in my voice when I answered my best friend's call.

"Hey girl! What's up? I've been calling twice and you weren't picking up. I got so worried."

I laughed, "Sorry! School was hell. I miss you guys!"

She sniffed from the next line, "Miss you more! Anyways, I called to ask what the hell is going on with you?"

I was surprised to hear her say that. I mean we're more than 6000 miles away and I can't believe she could feel that something is actually wrong.

"How'd you know?"

"It's trending all over twitter!"

"Wait- what is trending?"

"You wanna hear the negative or the positive?"

"Either ways is okay."

"A lot of haters are tweeting about you dying after Niall posted this tweet.." She paused for awhile before collecting herself. "He says: Been tryin to call her. Shes not answering. Fyn."

Gosh, AJ's right! It is Niall calling this morning. I didn't have enough time to check my phone 'cause once again, school is hell.

"What's the positive one?" I desperately questioned.

" Well, 'Niall and Abbie is STRONG' is trending first spot worldwide." My heartache decreased a bit as I felt the fans' support. Really, it's a fact that they are the best.

I told Isabel what happened to me this day and how pissed I was with the Student Affair's coordinator. As soon as our talk ended, I tried to call my boyfriend.

Dialing Niall Horan...

There were a few rings but he seemed to be rejecting my calls. I tried again and again and again but he won't answer. Now what? He's the one being mad now?

Another week passed and my works are getting even harder. Niall called me back but I had no time to answer. There's no occasion in my day when I don't do something hectic. And when I get home, I immediately doze off then wake up at dawn to study and then go back to school again hours later. It's just so hard!

It was a coincidence that the school's party is the same day the boys' second album will be released. I'm losing weight, fast and my eyes looked like I was punched so hard. Just as I was about to leave the house that night, mom was watching E! News and I saw Niall on the screen.

"Hey Niall! Can you tell us something about your girl?" A reporter took hold of a mic that he held just below Niall's chin.

"Where is she now? Are you still a strong couple?"

His smiled a bit as he answered, "Just because you tell someone you love them, doesn't mean you're in a relationship."

"Does that mean you ain't together anymore?"

"Were we even that?" He answered before rejoining the boys who were busy posing in front of the camera men.

That was it. That tore my heart apart. It was like a steel knife penetrating right through my chest. How could he say such thing? Yeah, we haven't talked in days but that doesn't mean we're not in a relationship anymore!

My mother stared at me as I try to hold back my tears.

"Sweetie, it's alright. Maybe he just-"

"No!" This time pain was streaming down my face. "He said it himself."

I ran to the door and made my way to the car. AJ sat in the back seat, confused. Her dad started the ignition and began to drive.

"Oh gosh, you're crying- what's wrong?" I felt her hand touch my trembling knee.

"It's.. It's uhh.. It's nothing." I mumbled, tasting the bitterness of my teardrop. Believe me, I felt like I really wanted to die. My whole world came crushing down beneath my feet and there's no way I could build it up.

She wrapped her arms around me and buried my head in her chest, her chin on my head. "Tell me, what happened-"

My heart was pounding hard in my chest and I'm getting filled up with anger.

"Everything." My voice broke as I cry some more. The car stopped and AJ's dad looked at us from the rear view mirror.

"You loves okay back there? We're here." His deep voice made me stop sobbing a bit. Well this is embarrassing.

"Give us a moment, Dad." My friend replied still hugging me.

"He- AJ- He just-"

She released her hug and lifts my face, "He what? Say it."

"He dumped me!" I turned to the window only to see students dancing along with the blasting music. Good thing my make-up was waterproof.

"What? But- how- when?"

My hands clenched as I spoke, "Just awhile ago. In front of the world."

"What the- he is such a jerk!"

I know she's trying to comfort me but it's not working at the monent. The pain is still here, making my chest sink in and I had to catch my breath on between sobs.

The boy whom I thought was the most proudest person to have me as his girl,  eventually denied what we had in front of the world. He didn't even fight for me, and there wasn't even a hint of hesitation as the words escape his lips.

I didn't want us to miss the party so I stopped weeping and collected myself before getting down the vehicle. AJ followed me from behind and together we entered the gymnasium.

Silver stars dangled from above the ceiling and the disco lights that reflected on them made it look like the night sky. A maple tree was at the center of the dance floor with Japanese lamps hanging on it. The tables were covered with some white satin cloth and a bottle of wine was placed as the center piece of each.

"Everybody enjoying?" Mrs. Curtis says, the speakers increasing the loudness of her voice. They screamed in delight, clamorous cheers of YESs by the students filling up the venue.

"Let's all thank our student council president, Abbie Reyes!" The spotlight shifted on me as I sat alone in an empty table. They clapped their hands and flashed me huge smiles. This was awkward. Weeks ago they wanted to kill me. Now they actually love me. I felt appreciated.

The music blasted off again as I weakly walked to the dessert table to eat myself in depression.

"I know right?!" A girl, not so far away, exclaims.

"Gosh. I really thought Niall and her were in a relationship." Another blurts out. They probably didn't notice I could hear every their pointless conversation.

"Well we could stop making her feel miserable now. Besides, she's no use anymore-"

"Abbie! Babe-"

Shit, not him again.

"-care to dance with me?" It was Chad, blowing my cover off. The girls looked at me surprised.

"No Chad. I want to eat." I spat, pretending that I just arrived.

He grabs my hand but I try to shakr it free. "C'mon. Just one dance."

"She says no so stop forcing her." One of the girls spoke yet once more.

Wow. They really did mean it when they said they'll stop making me feel miserable. I smiled to thank them before walking away, relieved that Chad didn't make another move.

I got home around 11:30 that night. I changed to my comfortable clothes, t-shirt and usual pajamas. I checked on my twitter and there was just a massive list of trending topics about Niall and I.

Seriously? Ugh, here I am playing scenes in my head as if they're just part of my memory now. Wait, they are just part of my memory.

After all the years he made me feel like I'm the best thing he ever had, he shows up on that stupid television and ruins everything. Damn it, I feel so used and betrayed- I should've seen this coming. I should've never gotten attached in the first place 'cause once they decide to leave you, it's like a whole part of you has been taken away too. I mean, it just really sucks how they leave you behind like you never existed.

Maybe this is the sad part of having a famous popstar as a boyfriend. You think they'd do anything just to keep you. But the truth is, they just use you as an option when they get bored, and eventually humiliating you in front of the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 63 66
It's those moments in secret that define who you are. And it was those moments that made her walk away from him.
219K 1.6K 34
He's her best friend. He's her worst nightmare. The choice is obvious, but she is torn.
58.7K 1.2K 20
this story is in need of major editing. but read at your own risk, it's very clingy. sorry!
210K 6K 81
He does something to me, that boy. Every time. It's his only detriment. He steps on my heart. He makes me cry.