The Rebel & The Rogue

Por oh_cool

"She sent you to me for a reason, you know." I point up at the sky, well knowing that Artemis is in our prese... Mais

{0} Welcome!
{1} Ares
{3} Andrew
{4} Leroy
{5} Athena & Zeus
{6} Nim & Nike
{7} Jonah
{8} Angel
{9} Kyle
{10} Jordayne
{11} Henry
{12} Marvin
{13} Miles
{14} Axel
{15} Mickey
{16} Rex
{17} Rookie
{18} Sia
{19} Cooper
{20} Ares & Rori
{21} Kiles
{22} Stagger
{23} Sapphire
{24} Laslo
{25} Aranlesa
{26} Coby & Chase
{27} Alpha Rogue
{28} Bridie
{29} Aurora
{30} Asher
{31} Darius
{32} Coby
{33} Kenzie
{34} Marshall
{35} Artemis
{36} Mila
🤫

{2} Landon

1.2K 66 35
Por oh_cool

ABOVE: ares marshall

Dont forget to vote please my sweet cakesies

"What the fuck were you thinking, Rori!"

After this mornings unexpected incident, I ordered that all captured rogues were to be released. In my way of thinking, the most strategic way of protecting our pack was to let the rogues go. I think ahead, and keeping captive wolves in our possession would only lure more in.

"I did what's best for my pack---" I shout back at my brother. Landon is the least most understanding person of my orders, and he's fuming.

"I am the Alpha." He cuts me off reminding me of his status. We sit in our lounge, with our brother Dexter watching us argue back and forth.

"Well I am the commanding General of this pack, and I give the military orders! Interrupt me again and I swear I will beat your ass." My brother growls at my threat and stands up, towering over me. I roll my eyes at him, he may be Alpha but he is only a brother to me.

He makes me want to pull out my hair. He thinks that he's so tough with his title. Do I need to remind him he's nothing but eleven minutes older than me?

"Let me remind you, you're not just some little rebel. This is my pack. You are my sister. If you try and pass an order without my authorization again, you can get fuc--" He begins to growl in a manner of power until he is cut off by our brother.

"Hey, hey! Werewolves not swearwolves. Landon, stay in your lane. Rori runs military, you run everything else." I was glad that at least one of my brothers had some sense in him. Landon sits back down glaring at me, this happens a lot so I don't take it at heart.

Part of the reason I let the rogues go was so that Ares would be safe.

It's horrible that I even put my pack in danger for the sake of my mate, but I didn't want anyone to know about him. If I told my brothers about last night they would completely freak out. Heck, I'm freaking out.

How could I be mated to him? Ares Marshall made me tense up, raising the hairs on the back of my neck. Yet, I wanted him. I could bare through his temper if it meant that for a moment he would be sweet. The big bad wolf that I wanted to touch.

He was a contradiction.

"Whatever." Landon huffs, pushing himself off the couch and storms down the hall to his bedroom. I mimic him tauntingly and stick my tongue out childishly. Nothing's going to stop that.

I have three brothers. Landon and Dexter are in my litter, and are my older brothers. My younger brother is Ash, who seldom gets involved in our feuds. Out of all my brothers, Landon is the one I want to murder the most. His bright blue eyes make me sick at times, and his attitude is so cocky. It's hard to believe that I shared a womb with him for so long.

"It's okay, baby sis." Dexter says, roughing up my hair as he walks away. Both my brothers leave me in the lounge alone, and it reminds me of how empty the house actually is.

My parents and little brother are away on holiday. They've left behind the three of us as a trial; can we function as commanding triplets?

So far, no.

Although none of our warriors died, there was still an attack on our grounds. My parents get back in two weeks, and I hope I haven't killed Landon by then.

I make dinner for us all, trying to distract my mind. All it did was make me think of him more. There are so many people who would die for a mate. Not all of us are lucky. And here I was, stirring my stir fry trying to decide if I was lucky or not.

The thoughts began to eat at me, consuming me until I had nothing left to think about. I didn't even want dinner. I just wanted to curl up into my bed and go to sleep. Because that way, I wouldn't have to think about him - I could be sane again.

I wake up --mid slumber-- to an irritating small sound. 

Tink Tink

My eyebrows arch as I listen for the sound again. It's the middle of the night, and I'm lying on my bed with my face in my pillow. I've been trying to induce myself into falling asleep, but I can't. I'm scared that the rogues might strike again, even though I know they wouldn't, Landon is just making me doubt myself. I thought that maybe they'd use Ares as a weapon against me. He was now a sign of weakness.

Tink Tink.

This time I hear the strange sound, I throw my blanket off me and walk over to my window. I peak past my curtain, and watch as a stone hits my window.

Tink

Huh? I open my curtains wide, so I can look for the culprit disrupting my home's windows. My senses tell me who it is before I even see him.

Ares.

Once again his fresh ocean smell and I meet, his intoxicating energy pulls me towards him. He's wearing a denim jacket and a tight black shirt. His chocolate curls are tangled over his ears and his blue eyes look up at me. His eyes change colour, always representing the mood he's in. I wonder why they do that for him, but not for anyone else.

He looked.... normal. 

"What are you doing here?" I whisper down at him, as he stands on my lawn. I'm not sure how he passed our packs borders, but it makes me question how strong our wolf force actually is.

"To see you." He whispers back, a small smirk appearing at the corners of his lips. Ares is quite attractive when he's not threatening to murder me. His tall, masculine frame accentuated the size of his biceps. They looked just right. Not too big, not too small - they way I liked them. My wolf begins to yelp, trying to tug me towards him.

"This isn't Romeo and Juliet, you can just text me or something you know?" I suggest standing still in my sweat pants.

"I'd need your number for that." He winks at me. 

I like the playful side of him. 

"I'll be down in a second." I dismiss him, shutting the curtains behind me. What was he doing here? My mind begins to race again at the thought of Landon or Dexter seeing him on our lawn. I hurry to find my shoes.

I open my curtains again, and there he stands with his hands in his pockets. He looked casual. Normal. He didn't look like the same boy I meet yesterday, who I was aiming a cross bow at. 

I widen my window, swinging my leg quietly off of the sill. I look down, thinking about where to land. Somewhere that wouldn't sound like I was jumping out of my window. Landon would kill me if he knew what I was doing right now. 

"I can catch you, if you'd like." Ares smiles cheekily. They way he chuckled lowly was sexy, I loved the sound of his voice. 

I roll my eyes while jumping, landing on both my feet safely. I didn't need someone to catch me. 

I stood up straight, looking at him blankly. My eyes must've been as wide as saucers, because it hurt to keep them open for so long. But I didn't want to blink. I admired the boy in front of me. The way his cologne hid his ocean scent still made my lips roll. I never wrapped my head around how his mood changed so quickly, one moment he was angry, next he'd be exciting and then... he'd look so lustful. 

I enjoyed trying to figure him out, I thought to myself, he was so intriguing. 

I smile widely at him. It was thrilling being near him. 

But he's the enemy, I reminded myself. 

"Walk with me." He never asks, and I liked that. It was nice being told what to do every once and a while, especially when it didn't come from Landon.

So we walked. I took him to a pathway through my pack where no one would see us. It was silent, and cold and I felt nervous about what we were doing. I was breaking the rules, my brothers rules, it excited me when I knew that it shouldn't.

Rebelling felt good. 

"You know it's not going to be easy right?" He begins, walking with his hands tucked into his denim jacket. His mood was mutual, he wasn't angry, or soft. I wondered if he could hide emotions from me just as well as he could show them.

"What do you mean?"

"Me." He sighs, head hanging low, never making eye contact. "You knew my name, you must've heard of me."

I smiled. He was implying that I would be seeing more of him. My smile dropped a second later. Should I be seeing more of him?

He uses my silence to continue his sentence. "If you're going to leave, do it now. It'll save me the pain."

My stomach flipped and filled with butterflies, confusing me once again. It was a sad thing to say, and my ears wanted to curl by just hearing it. Save me the pain. Something told me that there was much more behind this big bad wolf character. I wanted to know more.

I grabbed his hand.

"I don't want to leave." I told him honestly, and his mouth opened in response as if he read my mind. 

"But you should." He said, nodding with himself. "You should because I'm trouble." 

He wasn't wrong. I know for sure, whatever path he takes me down - won't be a pretty one. But I could stop that. I could always make a new path. 

"I could change that." 

He gave a little laugh, out of disbelief. The way the corners of his mouth turned for the better made my chest feel warm. I did that. "I'd like you see you try, sweetheart." 

I blushed, taken away by the way he called me sweetheart. It couldn't be that hard. I could fix him. I could do that. I've already seen what being around me does to him, it makes him soft. He's not as scary as everyone makes him out to be. 

He looks at me blushing, his eyes fade from blue to green, swirling like an ocean. 

"Ares, why do your eyes change colour?" I ask, examining his new shade. He took a deep breath as we crossed my pack borders, getting closer to the beach. As my hair started to get picked up by the wind, whipping me in the face, I knew we were near the beach. 

"A gift from the moon goddess, it depends on my mood." He looks up at the sky, the moon particularly. "My eyes are normally blue. I'm guessing you've seen them while they're red --- it means that I'm angry."

"Why, though? What's the point?" I question, also staring up at the moon. The goddess sure did work in strange ways. 

"As a way for people to understand me."

"Then what does green mean?" I ask, wondering what he's feeling. He pauses as we take a step on to the sand, arriving at the beach. The wind hits me like a smack in the face, and the cold air turned me numb. I was cold, but a refreshing type of cold. It kept me awake, and alert. 

"Are they green?" He asks looking surprised. I nod back at him. "I've never had green before, but it must mean happy."

"Why would it mean happy?"

"Because your eyes are green and they make me happy." He smiles again and I feel my face going bright red. I blush once again, probably looking like an entire tomato now. 

Maybe I could accept the rogue as my mate.

"So...you haven't told anyone about uh...the rogue thing, right?" he changes the conversation, turning slightly cold on me.

"No."

"Thanks." He nods, avoiding stepping on a huge piece of drift wood. It was a simple, subtle sign of gratitude and it made me wonder how important keeping his secret actually meant to him. If I told the wrong person, he'd be a rogue forever. I basically had his entire life in my hands. 

"On one condition." I pause, and he freezes. He doesn't like the sound of this --- he turns from delicate to stiff quickly. "I won't tell anyone, if you let me help you. You don't have to be a rogue, Ares."

He shook his head immediately, breaking the grasp of our hands. His eyes weren't green anymore, they were blue, but a very deep blue.

"No." He shakes his head constantly, his eyebrows furrowing. "You can't help me, no one can. Being a rogue is a part of me, I can't change it." Persistently shaking his head, I can't tell if he's worried or mad at the suggestion.

"Ares," I reach out for his shoulders so he can keep still. I can hear his heart beating, and it's a little to fast for my liking. "Do you even want to be a rogue?"

"Look, I am a rogue---"

"But do you want to be one?"

"It's not a choice---"

"Ares, do you want to be one?"

"No!" He yells, throwing his hands in the air. "I've never wanted to, but I've always been treated like one. I'm always so angry and I can't help it!"

His jaw clenches and he swallows, looking frustrated. I take a moment to think about everyone's perception of him, some angry reject that no one wants to go near because they're scared. But they don't know how he actually feels, he doesn't want to be the way he is. He doesn't like it. My poor mate is so misunderstood.

"Let me help you." I whisper to him, looking up. I could make such a difference to his life if I stopped rumors and worked on his temper. I could be his silver lining leading him to the right path. I want to help him more than anything, it makes me so sad to see him like this.

"I know what you're thinking, alright." He eyes me suspiciously "If I try change his ways, everything will be okay, right?" 

He stares at me with an arched eyebrow awaiting my response. I nodded slowly, I was thinking that. 

"Wrong. I'll always be like this, Aurora." He shook his head again, sucking in a breath. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea." 

My heart dropped. How did he do that? How did he make me feel frightened and happy and sad all at once? I wonder what I made him feel, in that chaotic head of his. 

"No." I state, folding my arms seriously. "If you don't want me to tell everyone that you're with the rogues then you're going to do you best to change." I threaten him, feeling a lump at the back of my throat. God what was I doing? He could hurt me so easily. 

He looked shocked. "Excuse me?" 

I swallowed, trying not to break eye contact. I could tell I was making him mad, god, I was making him mad. His eyes darkened, and darkened.

"She sent you to me for a reason, you know." I point up at the sky, well knowing that Artemis is in our presence right now. "And I'm going to fix this." I gesture broadly around his entire body. 

He grabs my wrist tightly. His eyes told me he was angry, but I could see a hint of fear. 

"You can't fix shit." He throws my wrist with force, but carefully. 

"Watch me." I test him, folding my arms. 

In the midst of his anger, he smiled, not a smirk or a grin but a genuine smile. 

"You...." He begins, lost for words. "Challenge me." 

He steeps closer, and for the first time he grabs me by my hips. My body felt vulnerable, like it belonged to him from now on in. 

"I like it." He chuckles, pulling me in for a hungry kiss.

---------------------------

THANKS FOR DROPPING BY
vote & comment pleaseee

So i've edited this chapter quite a lot so it may get confusing if you continue to read chapters that I haven't edited. SO sorry about this, but I'm almost close to the end and there are some things that are lacking.... it doesn't feel full. 

MAJOR character reconstruction too; i'm sorry if you get confused im so so sorry ily my babies.

thanks guys!
oh_cool

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

567K 13.2K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
31.3K 1.8K 32
An Alpha female finds her inner Alpha and grows in power. Will she find her mate? Is he her true mate? What are the Rouges planning? Will her over pr...
1.9M 48.9K 46
Today's the day I'm supposed to find my mate. He was the most gorgeous guy with black hair and blue eyes that was the color of the ocean. He smiled a...
1.3M 39.7K 33
*Extract from Badass Rogue* I aimed for his neck but he turned me around, tangling his body with mine. Frustrated, I elbowed his face and I backed th...