For Him » Weird Science

By takesitslow

The last months of high school do pass by don't they? Already in their senior year, Wyatt and Janet have been... More

"We Are Running So Fast But We Never Look Back"
"Whatever I Lack, You Make Up"
"We Make A Really Good Team"
"But Not Ever One Sees"
"Jump Starting Your Car Because The City's a Bore"
"Buying E-Cigarettes At The Convince Store"

"We've Got This Crazy Chemistry Between Us"

550 17 9
By takesitslow

"Remember how I said we're supposedly 'opposites'? Okay, well I am starting to think it is true. THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT ISN'T GOOD! It's really rad, actually. I mean think about it, who would want someone exactly like them? I guess it makes sense you would do everything together because you both enjoy it, but seriously. I guess... but we still hang out as if we have the most things in common. I mean seriously we are just completely different! I am still the stereotypical cheerleader, liking Madonna. I don't know this chapter of the story is weird! We have that weird science between us. We have the best differences, though. I painted my room a shade of pink and I swear it was so weird when you said it was a shade of red. I don't know what made you think that way, but oh well! I hope that maybe our weird brain science doesn't change how we think about each other in the future. You are the best. We will forever be a puzzle, but very much complete. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Wyatt," Gary greeted his best friend on his way to catch up with him in the crowded hallway, "why are you really into little miss Jan, anyway? Seriously!?"

"Is that how you start conversations?" Wyatt scuffed as he walked a but slower for his friend to catch up. 

"Now a days, yup. What else do you think or talk about?" Gary muttered as he was glaring at the only girl he couldn't stand,  Clary Wilson. 

"How is Clarissa? Also that is not true I do not talk about her all the time!" Wyatt said more defensive then he had wanted. He felt more embarrassed about how Janet was controlling his mind so much to where he couldn't stop thinking about her! He didn't mean to think about her all the time... it just happened. With things like songs making him think about her! He felt super lost and fluffy all at the same time. Something that was "so adorable they would throw up."

"That witch! I wouldn't care even if my life depended on it! Sure, Donnelly, and you obviously haven't told me her life story.. OH WAIT! Ha, you already did!" Gary was still giving Wilson the death stare making sure she knew that he expressed he hated her first before she could try anything. 

"Do I really?"

"I've known you since third grade, I think I know what the heck you're thinking about now..." He was trying to sound sarcastic, but it was the truth, and he some how couldn't be funny when it came to the truth.

"Sorry... I PROMISE YOU, I DON'T ME~" Wyatt was interrupted by Gary's hand grasping his mouth.

"Sure, sure. You don't 'mean to think about her. It just comes naturally!' Sure, sure. That's what they all say. Jeez, you are a love sick puppy. Sad, very sad." People began to multiple as Gary and Wyatt began to get closer to the cafeteria and many other classes with "rad teachers!" 

"How am I sad!"

"You love her, don't ya, Donnelly?" Gary stared at him for a while slowing down a bit. He hasn't called Wyatt by his last name since the sixth grade. It was when they had a fight. Something Wyatt and Garry both forgot, but Wyatt still remembered the way Gary would say his last name for a while after. He needed to earn the casual first name again. Why now? What had Wyatt done wrong?

Wyatt stopped since they were at his locker. He side-stepped away from his best friend's side and opened his locker. Gary had stopped also and waited for Wyatt to get whatever he was digging for in his locker.

"Yeah.. I actually kind of do... What's wrong with you? Whats wrong with that!?" Wyatt felt a bit enraged that the fact his best friend is angry, dare say jealous, of what both of them have been working up the courage to do! Finally, one of them, obviously not Gary, was happily in love. Which was different, a some what scary different.

"Nothing, Wyatt," Gary sighed. He was staring at his shoes for some reason. Probably because he was hiding something.

"Okay... Okay.. Anyway, I am going  to talk about her, right now. "

"Sure, sure." Gary scuffed again. He was being distance but in a way that you could understand he didn't want to bother with anyone. He wanted to be left alone for whatever reason. Wyatt was filled with a wave of guilt. He did something, even if he should be sorry or not.

Wyatt tried as hard as he could to make his face as blank as possible, but you could see the glow in his eyes, just like a love-sick puppy. "I am going to take her to prom." 

Gary looked over at his best friend. He had a confused look on his face, not the blank anger that Wyatt was prepared for. "Well, yeah. You guys are going out, why wouldn't you."

"Because her father had another guy ask her out already. Ugh, I don't know. She said that at the time she didn't mind, since that was before we met. I hope he understands."

"Dude, don't worry its only Junior prom. Not like Senior prom!" Gary made an exaggerated sigh. He was staring at his textbook he lazily was holding in his hands. Staring at the marks, the random numbers, the colors. 

"That's maybe true, but he is already talking about it over with her. It worries me." Wyatt was still trying to keep his blank face, but his deep gray eyes were the gate way to his soul. The only part of him that was very "adorably" vulnerable. Something he regretted sometimes. Sometimes...

"Don't worry, you're a nerd! What bad are you going to do, on the other hand your head is filth." Gary nervously laughed making sure that no one heard him. He didn't want anyone thinking that he was a pervert even after the whole Lisa project... 

Wyatt began to genuinely laugh. He though about all the times he and Gary spoke of their dream girls. It was something that he could never forget. Lisa was something else, of course, but even before. He loved the fact that him and Gary were both on the same page. They both were looking for a girl, unrealistically, yes, unprepared, most definitely, but it was a dream. It's obvious that dreams can be anything, but ha this was THEIRS. Something that Wyatt believed kept them together. They just became better friends, so much so Gary knew exactly what his eyes were screaming, without even looking at his eyes. The main reason why he wouldn't look at Wyatt's eyes. Maybe the only reason, but Gary would never admit.

"Oh, sorry, Wyatt. I don't know. You know how weird all this is. Love is weird science, you can figure it out. Besides, I have to get to class, romeo. See ya."Gary began to quicken his pace, pushing through the crowd. He only looked back, once, enough to see Wyatt's grey  eyes darken.  

~~~~~~

Janet was coming out of her car, running towards the west entrance to the school because it was closer to her first class. She began to quicken her pace as she heard the usual idiot couple, Josh and Kevin, but it did mean she was getting closer to her next class. With the crowd covering her view of the classroom doors and with Janet being only about 158 centimeters in height, it was hard to see where exactly she was going. Luckily there was a crowd surrounding Kevin and Josh right in front of the doorway. She mentally thanked them for being stupid and pushed through the crowd. She was shoved and pushed multiple times before she even made it halfway to the door. By the time she made it into the classroom the teacher was barely noticing the chaos right outside. Her book bag's zipper was crooked and probably desperately tried to be open, and her hairband was way out of place on her head. She stumbled to her desk as the the crowd outside began to die down. Josh and Kevin both came in with a black eye and a detention slip in one hand. The teacher sighed as he began to call out attendance.

"Donnelly... Donnelly.... Donnelly..." 

Janet hadn't realized Wyatt was here until the attendance.  A wave of guilt and worry surged the blood in her. Her brain went straight to "Where is he? Is he died!? No, stupid, he's sick. How sick? Where could he be!? He is just skipping... He doesn't skip class like this though. Okay, what would Wyatt do. I don't know! Wyatt..." With all of the frantic worries passing through her mind she began to search the room for answers. She looked through the classes bored eyes wondering if they would give her some what of an answer. Waiting for someone to say something. 

"Okay, absent."

Janet nervously bit at her lip, hoping that no one noticed. 

The day began to blur together. Each class becoming less energetic, it could have been Janet's imagination. It was one of those days that she felt like being with Wyatt. It may sound like she lived for him, but it wasn't true. She was independent, most of the time. Today was, obviously not of those days, and it irritated her. 

She walked around the cafeteria looking for Wyatt or someone to just talk to. She saw Gary and immediately ran up to him. 

"Hey, uh Gary?" Janet's  voice was hesitate. She wasn't used to Gary, especially talking to him. Gary turned around, slowly as if he was surprising himself that he was acknowledging her. She felt a hint of pain as she realized she was actually bothering him. 

"Yes..?" Gary eyes was dark, something was very noticeable to anyone. Janet stared blankly at him wondering  how could she have bothered him so much. 

"Have you seen, Wyatt?" Gary's friends laughed and just continue to watch the entertainment called Janet.

"Yes, I have." There was a long pause as Janet waited for Gary to possibly tell her where Wyatt was. She couldn't have missed him more at the moment. She felt so alone.

"Oh okay.... bye," Janet took a step back and turned on her heel. She quickened her pace as she went to go sit next to someone else. She didn't know who because she still was trying to recover from the whole reputation thing. 

She just ended up walking outside to the rest of the campus. She took a seat by a tree and took out her snacks for the day. She would usually buy something with Wyatt and eat the snacks during boring and slow classes. 

Already the school day was over, Janet began to make her way to her car. She was tired and didn't really want to do anything the rest of the day. All of her energy was taken away from the absence of a stupid nerd, even as cheesy as it sounded. She even considered going to his house! 

She slowly entered into her 1980 Malibu, a gift from her promoted father. She got whistles and catcalls just by sitting there in such a beauty. She didn't much care for the design, but still loved the box-y structure, it somehow made her feel safe. She turned the ignition and began to drive away from the school campus. 

She slowly made it way to the intersection. To the right, her house. To the left, Wyatt's house. "Of course they would be on the opposite sides," Janet silently murmured to herself. Yet, of course, she decided on the left side.

~~~~~~ 

"Oh, hey, Jan. What's wrong? You never come over to my place..." Wyatt had a loose flannel, some jeans, and lazily combed hair. 

"Uh, well I noticed you didn't come to school today... I  just wanted to know if--"

"HEY, PRINCESS! WHERE IS MY PROJECT FOR CHEM?!" Chet's voice boomed through Wyatt's very large house, as he ran down the staircase. 

"Oh.. I see you got a little girl over.." he purred as he made his way to the front door, where Janet and Wyatt stood there frozen stiff. He looked Janet up and down and looked at her as if she were nothing but prey. "Hello, little girl. What brings you here? If it's princess than you might want to leave before you realize he's a girl." He laughed with a small cackle. 

"Uh, hello.. You are Wyatt's brother, right?"

"Correct! I am indeed the princess' guard. Someone's got to hide her secret, right?" He continued to laugh as Janet began to shift uncomfortable. 

"Oh.. Nice to meet yo--" Janet couldn't finish before Chet grabbed her hand and kissed it. 

"Please, its my--" 

"Alright, Chet. You can leave now! Your stupid project is in the kitchen." Wyatt said as he shoved Chet. 

"Woah, there princess. Don't have to be fussy. Are you on your period or something? Whatever," Chet began to turn on his heel with one last look at Janet, "Bye, babe." 

There was silence between Wyatt and Janet for a moment before he invited her in. He was contemplating whether he should just take her somewhere else, but he wasn't up to it. 

"Sorry, Jan.. I didn't want you to come over all of those times was because he still comes over. I want him to leave permanently! Ugh, I'm sorry..."

"Not your fault, Wyatt. Sorry you live with that creature." Janet said as she lightly nudged Wyatt's shoulder. 

"Thanks.. Remember that time I wanted to run away with you?" They began their way up the staircase heading over to Wyatt's room. 

"Yeah...." Janet had a confused look, she was wondering why he would bring up something so long ago.

"It was because I was done with, Chet. I was done with my parents letting him live here and letting him be such a jerk."

"Oh.. Sorry..." She looked over at him and could tell there was more that he wanted to say. His eyes were dark and his lips were in a thin line. 

Wyatt opened the door to his room, stepping aside for Janet to enter first, like the little gentleman he is. 

"Sorry, if it's a little bit messy..." He said as he closed the door behind him. 

Wyatt's room had a desk with a computer on it, a bookshelf full of books and action figures all on display, he had a queen sized bed that wasn't made, a small couch, and a small nightstand. There were papers, floppy disks, and post its covering the desk. He had some books out of place in his bookshelf. 

"So, you were worried about me, huh.." He said flopping onto his bed, as of habit. 

"Well yeah, dum dum, you weren't here today... I was so lonely, ya know.." 

"Oh.. Sorry, Jan. I wasn't feeling well and I thought maybe I could miss at least one day.. Why were so lonely?"

"I don't know, Wyatt!?" Janet said as she jumped onto the bed next to Wyatt. Her voice full of irritation. "Everyone thinks I'm weird and Gary was being a freaking jerk today. The stupid teacher gave us an essay to write. I didn't have lunch. I don't know, Wyatt... I don't know.."

Wyatt stared at Janet's tired face. 

"C'mon, pretty face, don't be sad." He said like a typical handsome guy in the movies. 

"Wyatt..."

"Sorry, sorry I shouldn't joke.. You shouldn't be sad though. You are so much better when you are happy. It makes me happy."

"Well, sorry, but I'm not happy, okay!" Janet shouted, leaping off of the bed and pacing around his room.

"I get it, Jan. I do... I know how it feels to be lonely. I've been through it for so long..." Wyatt laid his head on his arms and just stared at his ceiling. 

"You've had, Gary all you life! How would you know..." Janet plopped herself in the chair beside the desk, on the verge of tears.

"No, I actually, haven't. Besides, that doesn't mean I wasn't lonely. I'm a nerd, no one likes nerds. They're nice to laugh at though, trust me. People like to make them less than and lonely, but I didn't let it get to me. At some point I just thought, hey, I'm a nerd, so what. I'm a pretty hot nerd!" Wyatt chuckled and stared at Janet again. His eyes softened. "I love you, Jan, you know that?"

Janet looked up at Wyatt. Silent tears fell down her cheeks and she smiled. "Shut up, nerd, no one likes conceited people, especially conceited nerds..." 

"Hey, you aren't denying it! It must be true,right, pretty face?!" Wyatt winked as Janet got up and leaped on top of him. 

"Why couldn't you be mad at me for yelling at you?" She said as she buried her face deep into his flannel. 

"We're different people, pretty face. I'm not as hot tempered---"

"Shut up! I am so not!"

"Sure, sure, pretty face. Whatever you want." 

"Shut up, nerd.." 

Hours passed and they ended up falling asleep in each others arms. Many more hours passed before they realized that Wyatt's parent's and Janet's dad stood at the bedroom doorway angrily staring at the oblivious couple, that they had thought Janet was missing. The police sirens where still audible, yet they couldn't have been more peacefully asleep...

~~~~~~

A/N So, hey! I finally updated.. Ugh finally! Sorry for the hiatus, I found this chapter hard to write until the ending, and many more excuses in which I don't believe matters. Anyway, hope you liked it. ALSO THANK YOU FOR THE MANY READS YAYAYA!!

xo- faith 

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 330 16
Two close friends, Both senior high schoolers, about to graduate! They both get closer and closer realizing they actually feel things change around e...
7.1K 227 42
⚠️[[Warning]]⚠️ this story contains subjects along the line of sexual assault, suicidal thoughts, toxic friendships and relationships and typical ove...
11.9K 253 37
> Your average love story. Finn helps Millie out and they become friends. They don't know if they have something more then a relationship of friends...
62K 4.3K 70
Life is hard. Specially when you're a high schooler. You can never know when your life is about to go up. And you 'especially' can never know when it...