The Narrowest Days

Da haylbaylz

I see you're awake finally. Let me explain, I'm the overseer, and my name is Hayley, I will guide you on your... Altro

Day 1
Day 2
Day 4
Day 5
Day 5 (night)
day 6
Day 7
Day 8 (1/2)
Day 8 (2/2)
Night 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19

Day 3

30 4 0
Da haylbaylz

Day 3

Time does tend to fly around here, I haven't exactly been doing a lot lately except from helping people lift heavy objects every now, and then.

The people weren't as happy as I would have though, yet that voice did say that the people were/have become depressed because of all the 'things' lurking around.

I was helping a older lady stand up from her previous sitting position where she was making a blanket out of a material, I'd rather not know of.

But soon as I helped her up, someone tapped my shoulder.

"Yep?" I turned to look at who it was "Logan? What's up?"

"It's time for your judging..." He looked at me, yet bore no emotion.

"Oh okay... Are you okay?" I asked.

"Someone I know died moments ago. Let's move, come on." He then began walking at a faster pace to a large new almost looking building. "Take this..." He handed me two small daggers that looked razor sharp.

"Why would I need these?" It puzzles me. Why would he give me these?

"Just want you to be safe, that's all." He said grinning a little.

"Thank you, I appreciate you concern for me... It's nice to have people who care for you once in a while." I smile at his gentle ways.

"It's fine. Also Before I forget once you are done just wait here, and I'll come get you." He says with a slight smile. "Don't worry it will be fine." He says putting his hands on both side of my shoulders.

"Thanks... I'll see you later then?" I ask returning a slight smile, trying my best to hide how nervous I truly was.

"Yep, right here. I'll be waiting, I promise. Be safe, Good luck!" He then runs away waving, I instinctively return the friendly gesture.

Be safe? Good luck? Why was he saying that as if I was to be challenged by something or someone?

I pushed the thoughts that gushed through my head to a side, as of right now I have to stay focused.

Here goes nothing.

As I approached up to the door, I could feel eyes on me from people I couldn't see, but I knew someone was watching me... I could feel it.

I sucked in a deep breath of air before pushing the door open slightly. It only made a gentle squeak as I opened it.

"Hello?" My voice came out quiet yet it echoed through the room as if not a souls occupied it.

"Hi." Once I walked in a person walked up to me with a slight limp.

"I'm Lexi, I was said it was my choosing day." I say relived that I wasn't alone.

"Follow me." His voice was crooky, maybe he needed to drink more. As we walked, I looked around the hall to see everything looked as if it has gone years untouched by anyone.

"Where is everyone?" I mumble looking ahead. The man was gone.

"Sir? Where are you?" Fear began to take it's course, I felt as if something was horrendously off about this place.

There was a shuffle sound that pulled me out of my thoughts, I turned quickly, ducking as I did so.

No one was to be seen. Maybe I had just imagined the man, maybe I have the wrong house.  All of these thoughts ran through my head, but one stuck out to me.

My judgement.

This was a test, a test to see what I was, and where i belong.

I carefully slid the daggers out of my boots that I was wearing, and took them in both of my hands. Breathe.

I moved crouched, and silently through the hall. I need to find a way out. I heard a noise from behind me, I stopped, and turned ever so carefully. The whole house was unsettlingly dark, the Windows were bordered up, stopping the light from seeping through.

"Ma'am? Where are you?" The mans voice had grown even more horse now, his limp was noticeable.

Distract him. My instincts seemed to start kicking in at this time, and I slowly grabbed a bottle that was laying on the floor by me. I threw it in the opposite direction of which I was at.

"I just want to TALK!" He yelled running the way I threw the bottle, thank god.

I turned around slowly to be met with a pair of pure white eyes. Shit.

"Who's there." It bares the same crooky voice as the other one had previously had.

I stay silent, and I would dare move, it was adapted to sense of sound not sight. It was blind.

"I sense you're there, I won't hurt you." He moves closer to me. "Come on little one."

Then it opens its cracked lips showing the few rotten teeth it had, it began to bite out as if it wants to take a bite out of the air. Then for some reason it took a pause.

"iiiii fooouunnd yoou." His breath washed over me then his body lunged at me, I rolled quickly to side, dodging its attack.

"Get back here." It seethes through its teeth... Or what was left of his teeth.

It lunges at me again but I kick it hard in the chest making it fall back with a thud. Once again it lunges at me... The knives! Somehow I had forgot about the knives I held in my hands. In one swift motion i cut its throat, for good measures only I then stabbed him in the stomach. I killed it... I kicked it away, and stayed there thinking, this was the first thing I've ever killed.

My train of thought was quickly replaced with a wave of fear that the other one was still out there. I then stood up, I need to get out. Now.

I moved towards the front door of where I originally came through.

The other one was there already.

"You are not escaping here alive." The thing yelled making me flinch slightly.
I used the same tactic as before with the bottle and threw it as far as I could to the other side of the room.

"So that's where you are." I sighed in relief, until I realized he was walking my way. Shit.

"I'm not as dumb as you believe little one." Again with the little one? That's it I'm done.

I quickly got up and tried to stab him with the knife, but he dodged it easily.

"Not so fast." He try's to grab my hand but I kicked him in the leg making it break, but I didn't even effect him. "No pain, not anymore."

"Bitch." I then kick him in the gut and ran for the door. Once I was at the door I felt a hand on my leg. Instinct again kicked in and I kicked him in the face. I then grabbed a conveniently place wooden clubby the door,  and brought it down on his face. The gunk from his head splattered the whole area on the floor, luckily I jumped just in time so I didn't get any on me.

I cleaned the two knives off on a clothes rag near by and tucked them away again. I decided to search the house a little, just to see what was in here. There were stairs on both sides of the main hall, the place looked as though it was built for meetings of friends to have fun, and gather. Once I reached the top of the stairs I opened the first door to my left. The door creaked as I opened it. It revealed a old room with a bed in the middle of it, and a dresser made for the finest of people. I sat on the side of the bed, it was so soft, and comfy. I laid back ignoring all of the dust that had built up.

Then I noticed a photo with a family in it. There were 5 people in it, each with a name under them. There was a man with a walking stick on the far left with 'jimmy' written under neath it... That was the blind one... Next to him stood a old lady around the same age as the man known as jimmy, she was pretty, with short hair 'Caroline'. Then there were a couple holding a new born baby. The woman was 'may' while the mans name was 'aberline' he was the one in the front of the house. The baby looked so innocent, oblivious to its soon fate, but the kid had a name 'jimmy Jr.' Wow names run short through this family I guess?

I put the photo back, and decided I had seen enough for one day. I ran out the door and walked to where Logan said to meet at. Like he promised, he stood there in black jeans and a black shirt that fitted to show his muscles. Damn.

"How did it go?" He smirked.

"It was trap?" I put my hands on my hips.

"Well no, that's how we'll know where you belong. You're a killer, congrats." He walks up to me but for some reason I did something I didn't even know I wanted to do. I slapped him.

He grabs his cheek in astonishment of my actions.

"Don't ever fucking lie to me again." I say through my teeth in anger.

"I'm sorry." He laughs removing his hand.

"Do even know how scared I was?" I asked quietly looking down.

"Look, I'm sorry but this wasn't of my choosing, they decide the task you face, not me. I'm sorry alright." He says holding my head in his hands.

"Whatever." I move back. "When do I start?"

"You have tomorrow off, after that it's down to business." He hides the pained look from me moving away fast, and replaced it with a carefree look.

"I'm going home. I'll see you, whenever I have to." I move quickly to my room, and sit on my bed.

Today definitely hasn't been normal.

I don't even want to know what my first day as a killer, will bring.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

88.8K 8.7K 144
Back by popular request! The 2017 rough draft of The Virus Within! (Caution: Contains massive plotholes that were fixed in the polished The Virus Wi...
423 5 9
I sighed heavily as I scanned the forest. I had heard something or someone to be specific, wandering about. I decided I would leave once I affirmed t...
50 0 6
"9-1-1. what's your emergency?" "I'm at-at the gas station on 5th and there are these men in the store right now...looks like they're stealing money...
133 24 6
The world ended long ago, riddled with plague and zombies and destruction. But humanity survived, and humanity evolved. The Infection that helped bri...