The Monsters In Our Town

By Captsparkleyrainbow

After three strange deaths in the tiny town of Northrun, Alexander Henderson had an accident that landed her... More

01 // THE MAN NEXT DOOR //
02 // TANNING AND TOFFEE APPLES //
03 // WOLF IN THE WOODS //
04 // THE SUPERNATURAL OCCURANCE
05 // STUPID ANCHORS AND STUPID TRUTHS
06 // STREET RAT
07 // RAISING THE BET
08 // IN THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT
09 // BLACK DUSK PACK
10 // EVERYTHING IS GOING TO SHIT
11 // REBIRTH
12 // ATTACKED BY A HOBO
13 // BANSHEES AND GOODBYES
14 // CAMPING TRIP FOR ONE
15 // GHOSTIFIED
16 // FBI HEADQUARTERS
18 // BLOOD MAGIC
19 // BRANDED
20 // MASTER MONSTER HUNTER
21 // PLANS REVEALED
22 // STOLEN
23 // FRAGMENTED MEMORY
24 // STARTING FIGHTS
25 // NAGUAL
26 // DEATH OF A BELOVED
27 // THE WORST BIRTHDAY
28 // CONFESSIONS WHILE CAPTURED
29 // SLEEPOVER
30 // ATTACKED
31 // SURPRISES IN THE WOODS
32 // PARTY TIME
33 // COVERT OPERATIONS
34 // THE ELEVENTH HOUR
35 // BROKEN
36 // SOULS
37 // SHOWDOWN
EPILOGUE
THANK YOU
LEGACY SNEAK PEAK

17 // A BLOSSOMING ROMANCE

42 3 1
By Captsparkleyrainbow

Sherlock was barking at me to move, to do something.

But move where? And do what?

I was a ghost, and I couldn't touch anything. Everything around me was becoming too loud, like the birds chirping in the trees sounded more like jackhammers and the rain hitting the earth was like glass smashing.

The wind was whipping at me, and it took me a moment to realise that was happening to my body and not me.

Somewhere there was a car screeching to a halt, and then some shouting. I couldn't hear it though, it sounded like they were on low volume.

My body stepped closer to the edge and spread it's arms out like a bird, or at least Jesus when he was crucified.

The strangest thing about this whole ordeal was that I didn't really think about the idea of dying. I was trying to work out what would happen to the Anchor.

Which was insane.

Then I was falling.

I watched as my body leaned forward and plummeted to the earth.

Honestly?

I didn't care. Nothing was going to happen to me if I was dead, and I'd already discovered that there was somewhere that I could go after I was dead and-

Someone else shot off the side of the town hall.

They reached for my body and as their fingers brushed me, I shot back into my body.

For a few seconds, as I watched the ground coming closer, I was shocked.

But then an arm wrapped around my waist, and the reality of everything creeped back into my mind and I started to scream.

As the ground got too close, I squeezed my eyes shut.

I didn't collide with the ground though. It was like I was still falling, the wind was still pushing against me and my stomach was as insane as my heart beat.

I opened an eye, and I was still near the ground... But I was going across instead of down.

In the shadow below me, it looked like I had grown wings.

Quickly, I tried to look over my shoulder.

"If you keep squirming, Alexander, I'm going to drop you."

I froze, and I swear my heart stopped.

It was Blue.

Blue was here.

And I was here too.

He landed, is that what you call it? When a flying man is on the ground again?

He landed, and for a moment we stayed like this. Me with my back to him, and him with his arms around me.

"I don't know whether I should kiss you or kill you" he whispered.

Whatever trance I was in broke, and I pushed away from Blue. When I turned to look at him, and he looked like an angel.

He had wings coming out of his back. Huge wings with black feathers that twitched whenever he breathed.

"Blue," I whispered.

"Don't be scared," he ordered me. "They'll go away soon."

"What are they?" I asked. Which was stupid because I knew what they were. The question I should have asked is where did they come from?

"I'm not just a Witch, Alexander" he frowned. I had so many questions, too many to ask and I was sure he didn't have answers for most of them. 

So instead of asking questions, I just said, "you left me."

 "I know," he frowned. "I don't think you'll understand why, even if I tell you but-"

"Try me," I scoffed. 

"I'm branded," Blue told me. He stopped, as though he wasn't going to tell me what being branded meant. But something else was happening, the wings were shrinking. I watched, half shocked and half grossed out. Blue groaned, and only then did I realize that whatever was happening was hurting him. 

Quickly, I grabbed his hand as he had done for me in Desire's basement. But I wasn't a Witch, I couldn't take his pain away like he did. It was really a human instinct, to comfort him. He staggered against me, his head going over my shoulder and his chest crashing into mine. 

In an attempt to steady him, I wrapped an arm around his waist. With him this close I could smell the cologne he wore, and I could smell the rain in his hair. I shouldn't be smelling Blue while he was hurting. As the wings completely disappeared, they left two rips in the back of Blue's sweater where they had sprouted out. 

Blue was panting, and I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. I was still kind f confused as to why I was suddenly me again, and why Blue had wings, and why the hell are we standing in the rain?!

"Alexander," He whispered. He was so close to me that when he spoke his lips brushed against my ear, and it sent shivers down my spine. I could feel his breath on my neck, and it made me hold my own.

He leaned back and looked at me, through me. Then he leaned forward again, he didn't stop until his face was inches away from mine and I couldn't look anywhere but into his eyes. 

"I know it's selfish," He said, and his lips skimmed mine. It was very lightly, but it was enough to make my heart do funny things. "But I won't leave you again. I promise."

"I think I might combust if you even try it," I told him, and it sounded so pathetic that I wanted to combust right at this moment. But then again, it was such a perfect moment for me... Almost a perfect moment. 

I swallowed, and took a deep breath before leaning up and pressing my lips to his. 

Now, it was perfect. 

Blue, however, didn't think so. He pulled away from me and he was frowning with lines so deep in his forehead that he looked older than what he was.

"I'm sorry," I whimpered, and again I wanted to combust at how pathetic I sounded. Blue stepped away from me, and without another word he turned and walked away and I was left standing there. As soon as he was out of my sight, I let out a noise that surprised even myself.

I looked around to make sure no one had seen me, then I remembered Sherlock. I couldn't see him anymore but I knew he was around somewhere. 

"You can't mention this to anyone," I said to no where in particular, because I really didn't know where he was. 

***

I kicked open the door to Lincoln's bedroom and she let out a small squeal. 

"I just got rejected and the FBI knows what you are," I huffed and slammed the door behind me.

"I know they know," She sighed. "You should have seen the look on Tommen's face when he saw what-"

"Hold up," I interrupted her and dropped onto her bed. I shuffled around until I was comfortable. "What were you doing?"

"Well, I've been messing around with things," she shrugged, "and I was lighting a candle and then blowing it out and then relighting it, and Tommen walked in. You should have seen the look on his face Alex. He was so weirded out. Any chance I had with him is gone now and wait a minute. Why would the entire FBI know?"

"Oh my god," I gasped. It took me a while to explain everything that had happened to me in the past week because she kept asking questions which was normal because what had happened was definitely not normal. 

"But, the FBI are here to investigate the murders," Lincoln frowned,  "why would they be keeping track of the Supernaturals... How do they even know about the Supernaturals?!"

"I don't know Link," I scoffed. "I was a little busy freaking out about you."

"Jesus Christ," she breathed. "What are we going to do Alex?"

"Hey, I'm the Anchor," I shrugged. "I don't have to worry about the FBI turning on me."

"You really know what to say when someone is feeling down," she rolled her eyes. I laughed and she gave me a little shove. "So, I have a few questions. Firstly, how are you not a ghost anymore?"

"I barely know how I was a ghost Link," I snorted. "I can't answer that question."

"Alright, then who did you get rejected by?" She asked. 

"I kissed Blue," I said, "and then he just walked away." 

"Wow," she said, and I could tell she was trying not to laugh. 

"Go ahead," I sighed, "laugh away. I deserve it." 

"No, no," she smiled. "I'm just imagining you the next time you see him."

"There's not going to be a next time," I shrugged. "I now have to avoid Blue and pretend that he never existed." 

"Alex." 

"You know what, he was the one who started the entire interaction. Him and his stupid wings-"

"Blue has wings?"

"No... Yes... Kind of. I don't know. I don't care. Because Blue isn't a person anymore. Blue is just a color."

"Do I get wings too?" She asked.

"I don't think so," I answered, "the color said he wasn't just a Witch." 

I spent the night at Lincoln's, because I was too embarrassed at even the thought of running into Blue. Which was stupid because I couldn't hide out at Lincoln's house for the rest of my life.

***

"Okay, I'm going to need some kind of dust storm," I clicked my fingers at Lincoln as we peeked out of her living room window to see if any one was in the street.

"Even if there was dust in Northrun, I barely know how to light a candle," she muttered. 

"But you can bend the wind," I scoffed. 

"It's not like you have to talk to anyone," she told me, "and besides, if someone does in fact try to talk to you, just pretend that we're having a deep, meaningful conversation." 

"I seriously don't know what I would do without you Link," I smiled at her. 

"We better go while the coast is clear," she nodded at me. I agreed, and we began the covert mission across the street. At one point, Lincoln even tried to do a cool little spy roll. But like me, Lincoln wasn't very steady and she ended up falling onto her stomach. 

We made it back to my house, and we quickly discovered that the problem wasn't outside at all. 

"What the hell?!" I screamed at Harley and Aria as they were making out.

Aria shot away from Harley at literal light speed. She was at the other side of the room within milliseconds and Harley jumped to his feet. 

"I-It's not what it looks like!" Aria cried. 

"This is bullshit!" Lincoln snapped at Harley. "Alex and I are both older than you and you are the one with super cool abilities and now a probably stable relationship."

"Wait, what?" He frowned. 

"Lincoln," I huffed, "we are obviously not needed here. Let's go and watch sad black and white movies and cry about our boy troubles."

"Good idea," She pouted. 

"Hang on," I pointed an accusing finger at Harley. "Why are you kissing girls in my living room?"

"Uh... Your parents aren't here," He mumbled and scratched the back of his neck. I scrunched my nose up in disgust and Lincoln gasped. 

"In my house?!" I yelled. "Harley! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"What the hell is wrong with me?" He demanded, "Alex, you're the one who keeps messing everything up!" 

"Harley," Aria hissed. 

"No, seriously," he crossed his arms across his chest. "First you get Blue sent away, then get turned into a ghost. Actually, do you know what your body was? That was you Alex. When your body tried to strangle Wren, that was you. When your body tried to jump off of the town hall, it's because you wanted it to."

"Harley," Lincoln warned. 

"You should just go and hide in a tree somewhere," he narrowed his eyes at me, "or are you going to throw yourself out of it and fuck everything else up?"

I didn't say anything. Because what could you say to an angry Hybrid who is convinced that you're Satan?

A/N

Alex kissed Blue and he didn't kiss her back. 

Tommen knows about Lincoln.

Aria and Harley have been caught in the act.

Harley is cranky. 

WHAT IS HAPPENING IN NORTHRUN?!

Vote - Comment - Follow

Stay groovy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 185 23
Beacon Hills. Home to all kinds of supernatural. It's been that way for decades, a safe haven. That was until an unsuspecting teenager got bit in th...
359K 20.3K 27
Sam hasn't seen Cooper Blackwood in five years. Not since the "incident". And now that he's back, Sam wants answers and he doesn't plan to let him ge...
212 60 20
Aurora is a new 18-year-old student in her final year in high school. Her school is located close to the deep wild forest where wild wolves live. Aft...
260K 9.7K 44
Book 1 of the supernatural world series "Hey! Get down you may slip and die!!" . . "Don't worry about me I'm already dead!" _____ An ancient vampire...