Royal Blood

Oleh Ouatobsessed

Daring, mysterious, smart, cunning, overly rich and most of all; breathtaking. Men in every realm wish to be... Lebih Banyak

Part One Chapter One: The Proposal
Chapter Two: Young Bride
Chapter Three: Masquerade
Chapter Four: New Journey
Chapter Five: Safe Haven
Chapter Six: Young Child
Chapter Seven: Welcome Home
Chapter Eight: Follow Along
Chapter Nine: Set Up
Chapter Ten: Fight or Flight
Chapter Eleven: Another Day
Chapter Twelve: Night Terrors
Chapter Thirteen: Travelers Town
Chapter Fifteen: Drifting Away
Chapter Sixteen: Fresh Look
Chapter Seventeen: Harsh Awakenings
Chapter Eighteen: Sweet Reunion
Chapter Nineteen: Goodnight Kiss
Chapter Twenty: Choosing Sides
Chapter Twenty-One: The Arrow
Chapter Twenty-Two: Royal Blood
Chapter Twenty-Three: Holding On
Part 2 Chapter Twenty-Four: The Husband
Chapter Twenty-Five: Royal Duties
Chapter Twenty-Six: Search Hard
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Scream
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dark One
Chapter Twenty-Nine: First Lesson
Chapter Thirty: Fitting Right
Chapter Thirty-One: The Fight
Chapter Thirty-Two: Major Setbacks
Chapter Thirty-Three: Grieving
Chapter Thirty-Four: Evil Queen
Chapter Thirty-Five: Found Out
Chapter Thirty-Six: Rise Up
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Commanding Troops
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Waging War
Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Kill
Chapter Fourty: Your Majesty
Chapter Fourty-One: Man Hunt
Chapter Fourty-Two: Broken Repair
Chapter Fourty-Three: The Dungeons
Chapter Fourty-Four: My Queen
Chapter Fourty-Five: Finding Peace
Chapter Fourty-Six: Balancing Love
Chapter Fourty-Seven: True Colors
Chapter Fourty-Eight: True Love
Chapter Fourty-Nine: His Choice
Chapter Fifty: Four Weeks
Chapter Fifty-One: Magic Baby
Chapter Fifty-Two: Growing Near
Chapter Fifty-Three: Too Good
Chapter Fifty-Four: His choice
Chapter Fifty-Five: Farewell Bidding
Chapter Fifty-Six: Miss You
Chapter Fifty-Seven: One Night
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Days Past
Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen: Hidden Secrets

2.1K 111 47
Oleh Ouatobsessed

Roland laid on her shoulder, sucking his thumb. Regina held him close to her, one arm wrapped around him in protection. "Let's see your finger, sweetheart." Regina whispered, stroking his hair. "Show me so I can wrap it up. Please?" Roland lifted his fingers and wiggled them in her face for her to see. As she looked up to see, her eyes instead met with Robin's as he walked from inside the inn.

"What's wrong?" He asked, voice laced with worry. His attention moved to his son as he clinched to her, fist wrapped with material from her dress.

"Roland cut his finger. I was just coming inside to wrap it." Regina stated, smiling softly in return to a sigh of relief. Robin took the small child, cradling him in his arms. Regina saw the flicker of movement from inside the doorway, the flash of a pair of eyes. It took her longer than expected to see that she was being watched by a shorter woman, one with a scowl plastered on her face.

A sharp wind blew, snapping Regina's spine into a tight lock. "Here," Robin noticed the change in her stature, the quick shiver that gave her away. "Come inside. The men shouldn't be much longer. We can eat something and rest."

***

Bright orange streaked across the sky, almost like the strands of Zelena's hair. It was a beautiful sunset, one Regina knew her sister must be watching, however far away she might be. Regina wondered if her older sister was even still there at the palace or if she had already left. Wondered where she thought Regina had went.

What was the story Leo had decided to tell? Did he have a motive besides gaining all of the things Regina was meant to inherit? Of course, he couldn't do that until they were married. And marriage seemed so far away.

Her mother had always wanted Regina betrothed before her twenties. Had wanted her to be gone, away from sight.

Because you weren't meant to be.

The thought hit her like a brick. But it was true. Zelena was supposed to be the one and only. She was to inherit the throne.

You were a mistake.

It was true. She had been conceived and believed to have been the daughter of a servant. One of a visitor. Not the man she called her father. Not the king of her realm. Her mother was looked down upon but her husband, the man Regina hoped was her father, stepped up. Said she was his. It was a lie. But he loved her. Treated her well.

I wish you weren't here.

Maybe that was it. Maybe Leo worked with her mother so that he could get rid of her. Maybe that was the plan all along. It would've made sense. It would've worked.

A knock at the door pulled Regina from her thoughts, making her wipe the delicate tear from her eye.

"Yes?" She asked, turning from her position on the window sill. A smaller woman stood in the doorway. She was tan, her dark hair to about her elbows. She stood as if she owned the room, or that she'd fight you for it. Her cold hard glare was enough to make Regina start to cry again. "I-I'm sorry have... Have I-"

"No." She barked, "we haven't." She inched closer, arms crossed over her busty chest. "Which is why I'm so intrigued. Robin never- never- brings company. Not since Marian."

His wife, Regina remembered, thinking of the brief conversation she'd had with him about her.

"My sister." Attention was now payed where it was due. Regina looked closely at the woman before her, searching for resemblance to Roland. Anything.

His hair was so curly and thick while hers stuck straight down from her scalp to past her shoulder. Her face was slender, more harsh, while Roland had a rounder look.

"You've gotta mean something to him." The woman continued.

"No trust me, I'm just-"

"I wasn't finished." She interrupted, sending Regina into shock. No one had ever spoken to her with such... Disrespect. Besides from Leo, of course. Regina's lack of noise allowed the woman to continue. "You mean something to him. What? I don't know. But I know that you can't hurt him. He's a strong man. Always has been. But he's got weak spots too. Marian is one, but I assume you've been kept in the dark. Roland is his biggest. And I've noticed that he has gotten very close to you, which he rarely ever does. So you've gotta take care of this boy. He trusts-"

"Honestly I don't think-" Regina tried to cut in but she was met with a glare that advised her to do otherwise.

"He trusts you. Enough to bring you along with his family. No one has ever gotten that far." The woman's voice softened as she relaxed a little. "So don't take him for granted."

"I wouldn't." Regina mumbled, holding her arms firm over her chest. "I... I won't." She watched as the woman stared at her, her brow furrowing. Dark eyes skimmed over the odd features Regina knew didn't match up to anyone outside of the palace. And then something flickered.

A spark of knowledge flashed in those eyes before returning to Regina with a new look in her eyes. One that had been shared with granny all those weeks ago. Fear rooted in the pit of Regina's belly, snaking up to her throat until it felt like she could t breathe.

She knew.

Whoever this woman was, she knew.

"I'm Milah." The woman spoke now with a careful manner, as if she were trying to preserve her act of innocence.

"Regina." She answered, bowing her head slightly.

"So," Milah continued, not giving up as she tore Regina apart. "Where are you from, Regina?" She purred, pulling her hair back. "Queen. That's an odd name to give a child. Is your father a Lord? Is your mother a Lady?" Milah pried, tilting her head some. "Or are you from one of the more wealthy villages? It can only be... I mean... Look at you. Who else would wear this traveling? I don't think I could even afford to make it."

Regina's lips pursed together as she listened to the woman speak, trying not to let it get to her. Finally, Milah stopped, turning her head slightly. "I must go, I apologize." And just like that, she was gone.

***

Father, protect my family from the evils in which they are trapped.

"Patrem familiae mala in quibus capiuntur tueri."

Return the throne to whom it belongs, banishing those who have stolen.

"Revertere ad quam pertinet regni dimittens qui furati."

If it is not me, father, who receives your approval, allow me to exist among the life I've yearned for.

"Quod si non est , pater , cui probari permitte mihi ego vitam inter viscera ."

Keep Robin's men safe from my own, let their paths never pass. Allow them to live healthy lives, for they have no blame.

"Custodite Robin viri tutus ab hoste meum , et numquam praeteribit a semitis suis . Patiar illum habitare salubribus vitae nulla enim querela."

Let your words and wisdom live through me as I make my journey. Let me not wander from your path, but create another foot print on it.

"Pone me ut vivamus per os et sapientiam iter faciendum . Ne repellas me a via tua , sed alium creare pedem print eam."

Thank you ,Lord, Amen.

"Gratias tibi ago, Domine , amen."

The cold, uneven stone made a hard pain strike her knees as she lifted her head from prayer. The sky was darker now, not pitch black but there was no more sunrise to be seen. The window in front of her made her feel at home. Her prayer window that overlooked the east fields of the palace grounds was her destination every night at sunset. And tonight, she got a little piece of home.

Rising from her position, Regina glided downstairs to see where everyone was. It had been daily quiet for the long amount of time she'd been away. Roland was sleeping, as he should be, but she had expected the others to be around. Regina padded gently through the empty inn lobby, turning as dull noise came from behind two cracked doors. Inside was a dinning hall with long benches that lined the walls. One table, Regina observed, held all of Robin's men except for Robin. She looked harder, in search of Milah, until the woman was found sitting at another table filled with the men Regina was used to seeing at Granny's tavern. The men who teased and taunted. The men she wanted no part with.

Backing away from the door, she turned, running into the front door. It creaked open and allowed a burst of cool air to rush through. Regina stumbled over the gravel as wind whipped her hair and dress around. The door behind her slammed shut, leaving her out at dusk.

Something cracked.

Regina's head snapped in the direction of the sound, stunned to find Robin by the edge of the forest, bow raised still as he stared at the arrow sticking out of the bark. He was tense as his arms slowly lowered to his sides.

"Robin?" Regina called out, wrapping her arms around her chest as she stepped forwards. "Robin!" Her voice rang out again, her feet moving a little bit faster until she was in an arms length. "Hey." She whispered, her chest rising and falling. Robin still had his back towards her, his breath visible just like hers. The fog mixed together as they both struggled to breathe. "Hey." Regina tried again. "Why aren't you with everyone else?" She asked, reaching out to touch his shoulder. But Robin flinched, pulling away.

"Don't." Her hand drew back, hesitating before running down the side of her waist.

"What?" She asked, stunned at his reaction. She hadn't done anything wrong, Regina thought. She had merely been checking up on him. "Robin what's the ma-"

He turned to face her, looking down on her like he never had. His face was grave. Blank and cold. Fear rooted in Regina's belly, nervousness adding to her body's quiver from the cold. Her mind reeled as she watched him look her over with disgust, making the palms of her hands warm.

"Who do you think you are?" He asked, frighteningly calm. "Lying to me? To my boy?" Regina's heart throbbed, leaping into her chest. She wanted to run. To back out of the situation. He couldn't possibly be speaking about her being Royal. Being the princess. He couldn't possibly know.

"Robin... I... I don't..." She tried, shaking her head in confusion.

"Don't lie to me again!" He barked, holding up a rolled up slip of paper. It unrolled, showing a grave sketch of herself. In black writing it read:

WANTED: QUEEN REGINA OF THE ENCHANTED FOREST. REWARD IF FOUND. PLEASE RETURN TO YOUR MAJESTY'S PALACE. MUST REMAIN UNHARMED OR SEVERE CONSEQUENCES.

Shock hit her like a brick. Queen? She was only princess. It was only until she married Leo that she would inherit the crown. Unless...

Regina swallowed, looking at the wanted poster before daring to look at Robin's face.

"So what? You ran away? Was sick of being Royal? Wanted to come try village life? Was all of this a lie?!" He was seething with anger now, holding out the poster. "Did you think I wouldn't find out? That I'd just take you wherever you wanted to that you could play the 'new villager'? That I'd risk my safety, the safety of my men- of Roland- to tote you around? Is this a game to you?" He growled, watching as the tears pooled in her eyes.

"No." She cried, shaking her head as the first of her tears rolled down those pale cheeks. Robin had always sensed that she was different. She didn't look like anyone he'd ever seen. She didn't act right either. He should've known.

"Then what was it?!" He barked.

"I- I don't know! I didn't... I didn't want you to treat me differently because of who I was. I didn't want you to hurt me or... Or something. I figured if I was normal you'd help me! I didn't want to be here. I... I didn't run away." She hiccuped, wiping her tears. "No, see, my fiancé he... He did this. He... He wanted me gone." She fumbled for an explanation, floundering to make things right.

"Right." He muttered. "And now you're wanted back in the castle." Robin shook his head, running a hand over his face. "The sad thing, your majesty, is that I trusted you. I liked you. Everything I knew about you, everything I thought was a lie." He laughed, shaking his head. "I should've known."

Regina reached out, her fingers barely touching his. "No, please. Robin let me explain! I didn't mean any harm. I didn't-"

"Stop!" Robin's face was completely covered now, hands shaking. "Stop talking. I've had enough." Is voice was low as he stopped down, picking up his bow. "I can't even look at you." He grumbled, pushing past her as he walked back towards the inn.

"Robin wait!"

Hey guys! So first off I would like to apologize for the prayer in this chapter. I myself do not speak Latin {the language is ABSOLUTELY beautiful} so I used google translate. So for those of you who are familiar with the language, please don't kill me with the mistakes I know are in here ;) I just wanted Regina to have a moment of peace before everything in her life fell apart. And since I've used a bit of Latin before {I think it was the early chapters bc I just wanted the Royals to speak it} I wanted her prayer to be in her "native language" of sorts. So anyway, please give me your feedback! It really helps! Thanks so much for reading!

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

2K 97 7
In Storybrooke, there is a special cottage. It is said that couples who spend a night there at Christmastime will be blessed with happiness and true...
13.3K 480 18
The Evil Queen has been waiting for her revenge for way too long. So as word spreads that Snow White is about to have a daughter she makes a plan to...
576 53 5
Queen Regina of Mist Haven is slowly losing hope that she will ever be able to marry for love. Almost every aspect of her life is controlled, especia...
97.5K 674 24
{ storybrooke } In which Winter accidentally stumbles upon Storybrooke, a town with strange citizens. Be warned: * This book contains plotlines from...