The New Kid (A Korrasami Fanf...

By Airtempleavatar

Asami Sato, Bolin, and Mako are three friends, wishing for someone different to come along. When they meet an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Not an update
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Comment
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Not an Update
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Not an update
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
AN
Chapter 33

Chapter 3

21.4K 548 1.2K
By Airtempleavatar

"It's true", Bolin said. "She totally winked at me".

Asami and Mako looked at eachother. Asami sighed. Bolin was talking about this girl he liked. Bolin had seen her wink at him earlier. But Asami saw different. She knew she had to tell him. So, she did.

Reaching a hand out, she placed it on his shoulder.

"Bolin", she said. "She was lookimg at a guy behind you. Trust me, I saw him smirk and wink back. Then after you and Mako left, th egg walked together down the hall, holding hands....... sorry buddy".

Bolin's fell in dissappointment.

"Oh", he said.

Asami hated to bring him down like this but it was either this, or have to get him out of a locker later on because he got shoved in one because Bolin asked the girl out to find out she has a boyfriend. Asami would rather have do the first one, no matter how much it pained her to see him so disappointed.

She thought of an idea.

"Hey", she said. "Don't worry".

Bolin looked up at her like a kicked puppy dog.

"There are plenty of girls out there that would probably love a guy like you. There's still your soulmate out there, waiting for her handsome dorky prince charming to find her".

Bolin smiled.

"Yeah bro", Mako spoke up.

Bolin looked at him smiling. Mako smiled back.

"You're cool", he said. "Any girl would love to be with you. You're funny and great to hang with".

Asami crossed her arms, smirking.

"Yup. So chin up".

"Thanks guys", Bolin said.

Asami smiled. "No problem".

"Everyone. Quiet down", the teacher's voice came from the front of the class.
The three turned and looked at the teacher. There was a girl standing right beside Ms. Suyin. She must be new, since Asami had never seen her around. She was extremely beautiful. The girl looked about her height. Maybe shorter. She had long dark brown hair. Her tan skin complimented her bright blue eyes. Asami loved blue eyes and man. This girl had the most amazing eyes in the world.

The girl wore a dark blue and brown hoodie that covered half her hands, only her fingers showing, and had on dark faded jeans with black sneakers. She had a dopey grin on her face that Asami found cute.

"Everyone", Mrs. Suyin said smiling. "Good morning everyone. First of all, I'd like you to meet Korra. She's new here and I'd like you to make her feel welcome".

Asami looked back at the boys. They all looked at eachother.

"You guys thinking what I'm thinking??", Bolin whispered, grinning.

"Make friends with the new kid??", Asami guessed.

Bolin nodded. "Can we??".

Asami looked up at the girl call Korra. She looked friendly enough. Why not. Plus, Asami wouldn't want this new girl to be dragged into being one of the snobby, annoying popular girls. Asami didn't like those type of people and would hate for this innocent soul to be sucked into that world and mind controlled.

"Sure", Asami said. "Let's get to her before someone from the annoying slutty girls group gets to her and contaminates her".

The group looked at the teacher again. Mrs. Suyin looked at the girl named Korra with a kind smile.

"Would you like to tell the class a little about you??".

Korra nodded. She looked around at the class, grinning.

"Heeey", she said with a small wave. My name's Korra Waters. I'm from New Orleans. I was born in Alaska, and grew up in New Orleans. I'm 16 and I've been in Republic City for about 3 years now but I was always home schooled until this school year and that's it".

Asami smiled in interest. Southern. Cool. Asami looked her up and down. This girl was cute yet beautifully hot. She would do nicely in their small group of friends.

Korra smiled at the teacher. The woman smiled back.

"That's really neat", she said. "What's it like in New Orleans??".

Korra stuffed her hands into her jacket pockets.

"Um. It's pretty busy. Alot of people. Nice people if I do say so myself. I loved it there but the years I've been here have been nice too".

Mrs.Suyin nodded.

"Well. I'm glad you like it here. Wecome to Republic City High. You can have a seat in the back with Asami, Bolin, and Mako".

The teacher looked over at the group.

"Would you please raise your hands??", she asked.

Bolin's hand shot up.

"Hi Korra", she said.

Asami laughed quietly and raised her hand along with Mako. They all smiled at her kindly. Korra smiled back and walked over to her.

"Hi", she said grinning. She sat down beside Asami.

"So", Mrs. Suyin said, getting their attention.

Asami wished class was over already just so they could talk to Korra and introduce themselves. She liked her already and could tell she was someone worth talking to.

"Today is the last Friday of the month. You all know what that means".

Asami let out a sigh of relief. Free day.

"Free day".

Mrs.Suyin looked around as she heard sighs of relief and cheers.

"Just keep it down and if another teacher walks in, I'll pretend likening teaching and keep your binders and pencils out. I'll have something on the smartboard for you guys to copy down at some point so you guys will have something written down in case an administrator walks in. I'll be at my desk grading your tests you tool a few days ago. All school rules still apply so no phones out and you stay in a seat. Doesn't matter which one, but stay seated".

As soon as Mrs.Suyin walked over to her computer and sat down, all the students got up. They all got into their own group of friends, some without friends stayed by themselves reading.

Asami, Bolin, and Mako looked at Korra. Bolin was smiling widely.

"So Korra", he said. "I'm Bolin, this my older brother Mako and this is the amazing and smart and awesome Asami".

Korra looked at Asami. She smiled.

"Hi".

Asami smiled back. "Nice to meet you Korra", she said.

Korra looked around at the three.

"Nice to meet all of you guys".

"So Korra", Asami said. "This is your first day in a real school??".

Korra nodded. "Yup. Like I said earlier, I was home schooled all my life until this year".

"Why, if you don't mind me asking??", Asami said.

Korra bit the inside of her cheek. She

"Um. Because we couldn't afford it" she said fiddling with her sleeve".

"My dad was never good at keeping a steady good paying job until recently and we finally got the money to send me here, school stuff included".

Asami nodded.

"Well I think you'll like it here", she said not knowing what else to say.

Luckily Bolin saved her ass.

"What do like to do??", he asked, Korra, looking honestly interested.

"I like to read", Korra said. "Chill with friends. If I had any".

Korra let out a quiet laugh. The three frowned.

"You've never had friends before??", Mako asked.

Korra looked at him. She made a face that said 'well......'.

"Not when I've been home schooled all my life. Not had a chance. Plus, my dad doesn't let me leave the house much. Over protective".

She smiled and shrugged. "No biggie. I'm use to it. Why do you ask??".

Asami and the guys looked at eachother. Asami looked at Korra.

"Well", Asami said, smiling. "We kinda thought that maybe you'd like be our new friend".

Korra smiled a little. "I never had friends before, so I'm not sure how I'd do but sure".

Bolin cheered.

"Yes!!. A new member of our awesome dorky yet amazingly deep thinking team".

Korra raised an eyebrow. Asami saw her face and giggled.

"Spend enough time with us and you'll get what he's talking about. We can be".

Asami glanced over at Bolin and Mako.

"Pretty unique".

The four chatted through the whole period. Korra was amazingly funny. She was as energetic as Bolin, basically the girl version of him. Except the romantic part. They came to see her as a tomboy. She didn't like girly stuff like shopping for clothes or going to salons or painting nails. She also didn't like bullies, smoking, alcohol because it tasted bad, rude little kids, bad weather, rude people".

When the bell rang, Mrs.Suyin turned in her chair and looked at the class.

"Bye guys", she called. "Korra, Asami, Bolin, and Mako. C'mere for a sec please".

The four looked as eachother. What could want to talk to them about??. They got their stuff and walked over to her.

Mrs.Suyin stood up. She smiled at Korra.

"I see you've made some friends", she said. "That's great. These three are the most amazing people you'll find in this school, I kid you not".

Korra smiled. She glanced over at the the three then back at the teacher. Mrs.Suyin looked at them.

"I've looked at your schedule and I saw that they all have every class but one with you. So they can show you around, alright. You have lunch next so you're on an extra chill break today. Lucky you".

Mrs.Suyin laughed.

"So just a reminder, I'm Mrs.Suyin. I'm you're geography teacher. Hope you kids have a great rest of the day".

The teens waved and walked towards the door.

"Oh wait", they heard.

They turned around to see Mrs.Suyin walking towards them. She stopped in front of Korra.

"I just have to tell you something I've told all my students", she said.

She looked down at Korra.

"If there's ever a problem with anything and you need someone to talk to, come find me and we can talk".

Korra nodded.

"If mean it", Mrs.Suyin said seriously.
"If know what you're probably thinking. Why the hell should I trust this lady I just met??. She's crazy if she thinks I'm gunna tell her anything going on with me".

Mrs.Suyin giggled. "Trust me. I've had kids say it when they think I'm not listening. But it's true. I do care about my students and their safety. If you're ever going through something like bullying, things going on at home and you need someone, tell me and I can and will do everything in my power to make sure your well being is secure and that you're safe".

The teacher placed a hand on her hip.

"I've had students in the past come to me with issues of bullying. I put a stop to it right away. The bully was expelled because you know bullying is against the law in schools. I've had students with many problems and I take care of it. Some teachers don't deal with these problems until the problem escalates out of hand. But I don't. That's why they come to me. So, if anything you need to tell me, you can't tell anyone else, come find me. Okay??".

Korra smiled and nodded. She fiddled with her hoodie.

"Alright. Thank you. I'll keep that in mind".

The four made their way out of their way out of the room and down the hall.

"I like her", Korra said. "First teacher to ever care about their students like that. Real shocker".

Asami looked at her and smiled.

"Same goes for us", she said. "We stand up against bullied for others here in school".

"Yeah", Bolin added, smiling. "We've stood up against alot of bullies before and we'd do it again if we need to. Nobody messes with us".

Asami and Mako smiled at him "So, if anyone decides to be an ass to you and push you around, stuck up for yourself or call us and Asami will beat them up".

Asami giggled. "It was only one time", she said.

Korra raised an eyebrow.

"You beat someone's ass??".

Asami shook her head. "No. Just flipped them. They beat up a freshman. The kid was small and was scared to death. Had to put the tough guy in his place".

Korra smiled. "Wow. Badass".

Asami nudged her gently.

"Not even", she laughed. "I'm just tougher than I look. Took self defense classes when I was little".

Korra looked impressed.

"Wow. I'd like to see you use your moves on someone sometime".

She pointed at Mako excitedly.

"I volunteer Mako", see said grinning, bouncing on her feet.

Asami laughed. Mako looked at Korra, his mouth hanging open.

"Maybe some other time", Asami said. "I'd rather not get detention for a week. Plus, I'll let him keep his dignity".

Korra pouted. "Fine".

Korra and Asami smiled at eachother. Korra looked around at the group, grinning, a twinkle of excitement in her blue eyes.

"I can tell we're gunna be great friends".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 1.5K 17
๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘–๐‘  ๐‘Ž ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’, ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ ๐‘ , ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘’๐‘’๐‘™๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘™๐‘’๐‘“๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘’โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘›๐‘‘. ๐‘– ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘š ๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘ก๐‘œ...
186K 4.3K 42
Korra and Asami are best friends ever since middle school. Then in high school, both girls face various life-changing events in their lives. Will the...
8K 251 6
Korra is a junior at Republic City High and is an all around athlete who's on her way to playing for a big university. She doesn't want to date anyon...
135K 3.3K 32
( modern au ) asami thought she had made it so difficult to be loved, but she didn't want to be loved. in her eyes, love was something that only foll...