In Time {An Assassin's Creed...

By FeedMeFryes

You are a happy go lucky, creative young girl who finds herself shipped off to London by her parents to stay... More

Chapter 1 - Ladylike
Chapter 2 - Welcome To London
Chapter 3 - An Induction, Of Sorts
Chapter 4 - A Taste of London
Chapter 5 - Undeniable
Chapter 6 - To Be Or Not To Be?
Chapter 7 - Bait
Chapter 8 - The Enemy's Puppet
Chapter 9 - Pretty When You Cry
Chapter 10 - Let Me Love You
Chapter 11 - 'Jacob Frye, You Are A Burden.'
Chapter 12 - Jealous?
Chapter 14 - Only One
Chapter 15 - Queen of The Rooks
Chapter 16 -The Blackest Day
Chapter 17 - Obligation
Chapter 18 - Your Blessing, Sir?
Chapter 19 - I Believe in Divinty
Chapter 20 - Old Money
SEQUEL IS NOW UP

Chapter 13 - Pride

5.1K 202 187
By FeedMeFryes

The sky was a pale blue, faded as it melded into night- as you entered back into the shop with a cold sigh of relief from the bitterness of nightfall and a particularly draining day.

"How was your trip out with Victor?" Uncle Aleck practically leapt on you with questions, as you looked at him boggle eyed for a moment.

"Oh- er, we both decided it wasn't meant to be." You smiled dismissively, slipping your shawl off of your figure as your Uncle looked at you with disappointed eyes.

"Oh..." He mumbled, his gaze dropping slightly, "and why's that?" He said, clearly he wanted reason as to why his matchmaking skills hadn't gone to plan.

"We just... Decided we didn't really see much in one another." You implemented, offering your uncle a short smile, "thank you so much for trying though uncle Aleck- it was sweet of you to consider me." A false yet convincing smile appeared on your face as your uncle gave a soft shrug.

"Ah well," he chuckled, "if it is not so then why try to force it?"

He was exactly right- besides, you already a certain someone occupying your thoughts.

"Georgie has dinner on, by the way." Aleck exclaimed, as you leaned against the wall of the shop and once again took Jacob's little invite out and examined it, smirking.

It constantly made you internally giddy when you imagined him wanting you to see him fighting- he took so much pride in it, and that he wanted to impress you with his talent made your heart flutter.

"What's that?" Aleck asked, as in shock your head lifted and you choked a little on air in shock.

"Oh- I- nothing." You cleared up quickly, coughing lightly, "do you want some help?" You asked instead, seeing he was still messing around with the metal box from earlier.

"No no," your Uncle excused, waving his hand a little at you, "I'm just fine."

"I'll just go and get changed." You added quickly, scuttling from the room quick enough before Aleck could think to question you smiling at the invite anymore.

Once safely behind the door of your room, you smiled with a girlish look, clutching the invite a little closely, biting your lip softly to hold back your grin- it was a little crazy how excited you were to be able to be so close to him again.

With a little squeal, you threw yourself down on your bed, grasping your pillow as you clutched it tight to your pale blue dress, you buried your face into the fabric to muffle your excited squeaks.

It was after a few minutes you realised how comfortable your bed was... And how tired you were. You constantly told yourself you hadn't even had your dinner yet, not got into your night gown- even still, you managed to fall asleep.

-----

Morning came, the same lace curtains barely shielded the pale light as you groaned, waking fairly early as a chill stirred around your body.

Lifting your head, you sighed with how hungry you were, and then further disgusted yourself seeing you went to sleep in the same dress.

Firstly you washed and dressed into a comfortably navy blue dress, carefully platting your (hair colour) hair into a side braid, feeling a little better about yourself since you felt fresher.

Next it was down the stairs to see Georgie in the workshop with your Uncle, as he was talking to her rather excitedly about his new invention.

"I don't know much about these devices of yours Mr Bell, sir, but they are awfully clever." She laughed with rosy cheeks, you almost felt rude interrupting their little moment.

"Oh Miss, you must be starving! You fell asleep before dinner last night, here, I'll fetch you some tea and toast." She hurried, scurrying into the kitchen, before you could even protest.

"Good morning." Aleck beamed, looking admittedly like an adorable Labrador wearing goggles. "I was wondering if you might help me with a few things on this today."

"Really?" You cried, excited by the thought of actually assisting on a genuine prototype. "That would be so wonderful Uncle!"

Your enthusiasm made your uncle smile, delighted by your keen interest.

"There's a separate component that I'm sure you'll be able to construct and configure- you're a smart and capable girl." He praised, as you felt excitement fill your system.

Soon enough Georgie arrived back with your breakfast, which you devoured in minutes- never so glad to have eaten in a meal in your entire life.

Straight after that, after being forced into a pair of goggles it was straight to work- and this job was no small task like the things your uncle had given you in the past.

The separate conductor component, as your uncle had briefly described it as- had several different levels- in the inner conductor electrical circuit, the outer protective surface and then the exterior of the component- which needed wires fusing to join the two devices together. It was a task and a half but you had faith you could do it, and so did Aleck.

Working with your Uncle was surprisingly stress free- and mostly a lot of fun. You'd ask questions when needed, and he'd happily stop what he was doing to aid you in whatever you wanted help with.

"You're giving me a run for my money!" Uncle aleck chortled as you started working on soldering the electrical circuit, a smile on your face.

The long project took you all the way through until half six in the evening.

"Complete!" Your uncle called, as the pair of you stood back. Sighing deeply, you pulled the goggles back off of your face and placed your hands on your hips, glad to see the finished product.

"Now to see if it works." You tried, raising your brow to your Uncle as he smiled reassuringly.

"I have all faith we've done well." He replied confidently, taking a deep breath, finger hovering over the switch for a moment before he flicked it on, and you winced for a moment, before you could hear the gentle hum of the motor.

The first thing Aleck did was laugh in relief, before pulling you into an embrace.

"Well done,(name)!" He cried, "I'm so very proud of you!"

"It was all you, I just follow your instruction." You answered humbly, before he held you at arms length.

"No, trust me- it's that clever little brain of yours!" He smiled, filling you with a feeling that you really could do this if you set your mind to it.

-

And with that feeling of self accomplishment firmly sat on you mind like a blissful floating golden cloud, you set out with your shawl and invitation, calling for a carriage as you read out the address. You covered your tracks by telling Uncle Aleck you were going to meet with Evie at the cafe for a friendly chat- when really you knew he would kill you if he knew you were going to watch the other Twin, who happened to be your love interest, fight until he passed out or something along those lines.

Although scary, you found the dark London streets to be somewhat magical at nightfall. The oil lamps lined the damp roads like diamonds, the settled rain making the cobbles glisten prettily in the light. All the way to the Club you couldn't press your excitement and good mood, thanking and paying the driver once the fine grey mare halted at the side of the street.

The club itself looked to be inside a rather run down town house, a few workhouse men smoking outside of the door, where a single man stood guarding the entrance.

Taking a deep breath, you pressed forwards, ignoring the hungry states of the workers as you stood presents to the door man, who looked you up and down with an emotionless expression.

"Yes?"

"I'm here to see Jacob." You exclaimed, trying not to smile too much as you pressed the your invitation come Jacob's registration form into his hand. The bulldog looking man scanned the bit of parchment, before the tiniest of cocky little smirks flickered in the corner of his mouth.

"If you would like to follow me." He started, opening the door for you in letting you in.

In the brief moments you were stood still in the place, you noticed how dim it was aside from the in the ring, where the fighting was. The place was filled with heart cheers and seedy behaviour that made you cringe a little, and before you could take any more details in your were guided to a door at the back of the room, and then taken up some poorly lit wooden stairs, onto a landing where there were a few rickety and well used looking doors.

The doorman gently knocked on the first door on the right.

"Mr Frye? Your VIP guest is here." He said, and the little smirk on his face didn't go amiss- you could only imagine the sorts of dirty things going through his head.

"Ah, let her in then!" Jacob laughed, as you took the opportunity to thank the man with a sarcastic smile and a dirty look, before closing the door in his face.

Your back remained to Jacob for a few seconds while you regained composure after the audacity of the doorman, before you slowly turned to face the room.

It was a small, box like room, poorly lit- a common theme it seemed in this establishment. And there, stood in front of a dirtied and cracked mirror, was your love.

"Am I glad to see you." He purred, making eye contact with you through his reflection, as you looked into his hazel eyes, a devilish look on his face before you noted the definition of his back muscles, a blush returning to your cheeks.

Jacob turned to put his back to the mirror, crossing his arms over his broad chest as he cocked you a laddish smirk.

"It's lovely to see you to." You returned, swaying your hips softly as you closed the space between you both, reaching onto your tip toes once you were close enough and winding your arms around his neck, your hips brushing lightly as you did so. "And looking so delectable also." You added in a low whisper, the smile forming in the corner of your mouth, watching him chuckle softly at your comment.

"Oh dear, what have I done to you, making you say such things..." He smirked, clearly referencing your rather mild nature when you had first met. You met his scornful glance with a toying smile, your lips ghosting over his own.

"Enough." You answered with a soft voice, finally connecting your lips together, teasing him at first before you opened your mouth a little wider, biting his lower lip playfully as you felt him grasp at your waist a little tighter in response.

"Stop it." He laughed, breaking you away from him with an embarrassed chuckle, "I need to calm myself before this fight and you're certainly having the opposite effect." He stressed, as your (eye colour) eyes flickered downwards to his crotch to see exactly what he was talking about.

"Not my fault your easily excited." You said innocently, giving him a soft look that made him smile.

"Exactly- you can't help that you're beautiful." He answered, and then it was your turn to blush. He was such a soppy and romantic fool, and you were a sucker for it.

"Don't you have a fight to attend, Jacob?" You responded before he could be even more adorable. By the look he gave you and the slight chuckle, he knew it was you trying divert from his focus attention.

He held the door open for you to leave the room first, before joining at your side as you both headed down the stairs.

"You be careful tonight." You warned, looking up at him, "I'm serious. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Don't worry- I'll make you proud." He reassured, as you both entered the main room, where the crowd were hungrily awaiting their next set of fights.

"Off you go then." You laughed, kissing his cheek briefly before he went up and into the arena, rolling his shoulders slowly with a focused look, you had to admit- it had your heart racing a little.

First to step in was a guy who looked like he didn't stand much of a chance anyway, but to see Jacob easily swinging punches his way with such powerful grace made you burst with pride- that was your love up there, the man the crowd were all cheering for.

"It seems this one might prove to be a toughen!" The commentator laughed, as the next opponent entered, shortly followed by another. It was clear that they wanted to give Jacob a greater challenge.

But still, he certainly did make you proud with his close combat skills, ploughing his enemies faces into the floor of the ring easily. You found yourself rather sinfully thinking: if that's what his fighting was like, imagine his full potential in the sheets...

You quickly mentally slapped yourself for it but ended up laughing anyway.

---

You quickly lost count of how many people Jacob had beaten, and soon enough with a proud cheer, he was crowned winner, his hand lifted to the air as you were sure you cheered the loudest out of anyone there.

When he slipped out of the ring and made his way over to you, he was covered in blood, mostly from his opponents, sweat and tears of determination- but you still drew him into an initially reluctant embrace.

"Oh you were incredible." You said, "I'm so proud, I was admittedly terrified for your safety every second but it was ... Wow." You laughed, watching his face light up, really happy to hear you say such a thing.

"Come on then." He said with a delighted tone, lacing his arm around your waist as he walked you both back to the door to the stairwell, still breathing heavily from the fight.

Once up those barely lit stairs and once again in the dingy room, Jacob locked the door behind you both as you went in, and you looked back a little confusedly, before turning again to see a sly, wolf like smile on his features.

"What, did you honestly think I invited you just to watch me fight?" He purred, looking so deliciously good with his messed dark hair, the sheen that already covered his torso as well as the alluring motion of him unwrapping the now bloodied bandage from his knuckles made you find it hard to not want him.

"If I'm being honest I was hoping for this." You giggled with a guilty expression, "and after that little fighting display I'm keen to see you... Deliver." You stated, biting your lip slightly as you met his gaze again, seeing he had the look on your face that every woman dreamed to be looked at with. The sort of look that hungered but also was drowning in adoration, like he wasn't sure how the stars aligned to have you in the same room as him, let alone have you romantically.

"Oh don't worry," he commented, backing you up against the door with his face tantalisingly close to yours, as he leaned in with a sultry smirk and a whisper: "I aim to deliver."

----

A/N: Cliff hanger haha I'm sorry xD Will you get dick or no is the question

Jk we all know the answer. yES.

Ahem, hope you enjoyed. I'm tired, sorry for the mistakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 4.8K 57
From a very young age, you were raised as an assassin to follow the Creed. After reading a letter meant for someone else, you make your way to London...
32.4K 689 32
Emily Drake a 16 year old girl who loves to read. She lost her mother due to an unknown illness. Her father sends her away to live with her uncle Ale...
11.6K 249 18
When the Scottish Assassin Isla Jerco comes to London she meets a twin. Jacob Frye to be exact.
44.1K 1K 36
(JACOB x OC) As Jacob Frye gather his rooks to fight the Templars, and Evie Frye looking for the piece of eden. Henry Green mails his dear friend An...