Now See Here! (m/m)

Por Bjarka

Mark catches the eye of one of the company’s most powerful men, but he can’t see it himself. Literally. This... Mais

Now See Here! (m/m)
I See...
The Blind Date
Not See Eye to Eye
Help me See the Error of My Ways
A Sight for Sore Eyes
In the Public Eye
Love is Blind
Naked Eye

Can't See Straight

32.3K 1.5K 527
Por Bjarka

A/N: it's Saturday again, so here's the next chapter! Thank you for your support!

Now See Here!

Chapter 4: Can't See Straight

"What do you mean you're not coming?" Mark groaned into the phone.

"We number crunching grunts aren't invited to your fancy-schmancy kick-off," Lance explained. "It's just for the executives and you customer-smoochers."

"But you can come as my plus one!"

"Bro, your boyfriend won't like that."

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Let's just say that when the handsome openly gay boss starts taking an interest in a cute up-and-coming copywriter who no one can remember having seen with a woman, people start talking."

"They do?"

"They do."

"Fuck."

"Well, you could stop hanging out with him, I guess. Didn't you hit the gym together yesterday again?"

"Yes, but… I don't want to."

"He forced you to go to the gym? The bastard!" Lance snickered.

"No, idiot, I meant that I… don't want to stop hanging out with him…"

"Mark and Jake, sitting in a tree-"

"Oh grow up! He's just… nice. He's nice. Yeah. And pretty funny. And interesting…"

"And now I'm jealous."

It was Mark's turn to snicker. "Maybe the two of you can fight over me?"

"No way, in that case you're his. I'm not going to risk my beautiful face meeting that guy."

"Well, for a little while I felt really appreciated…" the blond sighed as he leaned back in his chair, stroking Felix's ears. "But damn, I really thought they invited the whole company to this thing…"

"Nope… the only grunts who are going are those who work directly with this new account… pity… I mean, a gaming company? That's so coooool!"

"It's slightly better than a crazy old man making smelly cheese."

"Huh?" Mark then told Lance about the phone call earlier that day. "I'm so glad I'm only dealing with numbers…" his friend sighed. "But you're okay to go on your own, right?"

"Yeah… It's not at the office, though, it's at a hotel…"

"Why not ask Jake, then?"

"What? As in a date?"

"Of course not; as a friend. At least to meet up with you there and help you orient yourself a bit."

"I… I couldn't do that, he's going to be busy with the managers… he can't waste time dragging me around. Besides, I'm not helpless. I'll make it. And Meg will be there, so…"

"Well, in that case you're pretty much set," his friend chuckled, "Although you'll be spending your evening listening to stories about her dog."

"Could be worse," Mark shrugged. And it turned out that it could.

_____________________________________________________

After the last weekend it sounded a bit bigoted, but Mark didn't like drunk people. At best they were just loud and jolly, at worst their inner bullies came out and even adults could become quite cruel. He was now faced by something different, though.

"You're… you're such a pretty boy, you know…" the woman drawled, one of her hands resting against his chest as she more or less pushed him against the wall.

"Angie, you're my boss! And I think you had a bit much to-"

"So what! So, have you ever been with a woman, Mark? A real woman? I bet it's true that the blind are more sh-sensitive lovers, isn't it? You look sensitive, you know… like a little losht boy… maybe mommy should take you home and tuck you into bed?" Her caresses had become bolder and as Mark felt his dress shirt being pulled up a little, he pushed the woman away more firmly. He heard the party going on around them and didn't want to make a scene, though.

"Angie! Stop!" he hissed.

"Aw, come on, mommy will-"

"There you are, Mark," a familiar voice said.

"Jake!" the blond fought an urge to jump into the man's arms, just to get away from the drunk woman. His voice, and probably his expression too, all but screamed 'save me'.

"Mishter Barlow," Angelica slurred. "Me and mishter Shanders were jusht… jusht leaving."

"I don’t think you understand, Miss Smith," Jake said darkly and suddenly the younger man felt himself being pulled against the CFO's side. "Mr. Sanders and I are here together."

"You… what?" Angie said and Mark could imagine her gaping, because he was too. He didn't say anything though, or pull away from the one-armed embrace.

"Yes, I just had to see to our clients for a while first. I hope you understand that I require your discretion regarding this matter, however? Even though we don't work at the same department we would like to keep this quiet for now… this company has a very strict policy when it comes to sexual harassment after all, especially between a manager and an employee."

"I… I…" the woman stuttered. Mark wasn't sure how much of what Jacob had said she had actually understood.

"I think you were leaving, Miss Smith? An early night might be for the best…" the CFO went on.

"Yes… Yes… I'll… call a cab…" she mumbled and scurried off, a bit unsteadily if Mark's ears didn't deceive him.

"Thank you for the save," he mumbled as he pulled away a little.

"I told you she was a cougar," the older man snorted. "There's always someone like this at every company… claiming they are party animals and getting wasted at an office party like idiots… very classy."

"Yeah… um…"

"I wasn't actually interrupting-?"

"No! No, god no..." Mark shivered. "But, um… what you said-?"

"Was to get her off your back, not you on yours," the man said in a low chuckle. Mark blushed because the tone, hell, the whole sentence… did he have to be that blunt?

"People are already talking," he argued.

"Does that bother you?"

"No, but… well… it's not right, after all... I'm not… I'm not gay."

"How do you know?"

"Excuse me?" Mark exclaimed defensively.

"How do you know? Are you absolutely sure, because you give off some signals-"

"I don't! The signals, I mean! I… I've only dated women! I think I would know if I didn't like them! I'm twenty-three!"

"Well, I'm not saying you don't like them… but maybe you like both? And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I have a feeling they make you… uncomfortable."

"Aren't they supposed to?" Mark asked and was answered by a hearty laugh.

"Yes… yes, to a certain degree, I'm sure you're right… but tell me… on that date last weekend, what were you more desperate to do; get into her pants or get her to just like you?"

"I…" Mark had the answer ready, but then he hesitated. He had wanted her to like him, but that was natural, right? But… if he was completely honest with himself… maybe a small, small part of him had spent the night pleading 'please be my friend, please be my friend'… and… well… maybe he was sexist, but that didn't really sound like a heterosexual male to him. He hadn't even wondered about what she was wearing or how her skin felt, or reflected about her smell… Jake smells fucking amazing, his brain provided at that point.

"Oops, I didn't mean to throw you out of the closet like that," Jake said, sounding so incredibly insincere that he had to be grinning.

"I'm not… I mean… you haven't... I'm... I'm just shy around women!"

"Maybe you are… or maybe you get insecure because you don't feel the way you think you are supposed to feel around them?"

"I don't want to talk about this anymore! I'm straight! Get over it!" Mark hissed. His heart was pounding like a scared rabbit's and he wasn't sure if he was actually having the beginning of a panic attack.

"Hmmm… so if I were to kiss you right now…" the man was very close, Mark could feel his breath against his upturned face, "you wouldn't like it? Not at all? Not even a tiny, tiny bit? You're not even curious?"

Yes.

"N-no."

"Don't look so scared, Pooch, I was only joking," Jake suddenly laughed easily, shattering the tension between them.

"You… you were?"

"What? You thought I was going to rape you or something?"

"No, but… I… you…"

"Damn, I really upset you, didn't I? I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry for… umm... sending signals. I didn't mean to…"

"Maybe I just saw what I wanted to see… but don't worry… if you're not gay or bi you won't 'catch' it from me. It doesn't really work that way."

"I know that!"

"I know you do. Now let's go meet some people, alright? I think we can sell your lovely ideas even better if we attach your lovely face to them."

"Hey!"

"What? You know sex sells. Our clients are young, beautiful people and they want to work with young, beautiful people. That's just a fact. And we've got to show them that we can deliver."

"Great, now I feel cheap."

"Oh, you're not cheap, Pooch… They pay us a lot."

Two hours later and Jake hadn't left his side. There was no more teasing or innuendoes however, although… the way he was always there… didn't that send the wrong message to people? Were they looking? Gossiping? Still, the man's way of getting him around to 'meet and greet', his sense of humor and the topics he brought up made Mark forget himself most of the time and just enjoy the company.

Jake left briefly to get them some refreshments and that's when Mark felt a hand on his arm.

"Hello there, I'm Andrew O'Connor, we met a few minutes ago,"

"Oh, yes, hi," Mark smiled. "You are a programmer, right?"

"That's right, and the best to boot," the other man chuckled. "So, as your guard dog is away… are you here with him?"

"Um, no, we're… just friends."

"Great."

"Sorry?"

"Well, I wouldn't like to bark up the wrong tree here, after all."

"Um…" Mark was a bit confused. Was the guy being friendly or…?

"So… want to get out of here? I got a room on the tenth floor for the night…"

Okay, so not just 'friendly' then. "I'm sorry, you got the wrong idea… I'm not gay," Mark said softly.

"Oh, really? So you've been hanging on that guy's arm all night because-"

"Because I'm blind!" Mark spat.

"What?"

"Blind. As in can. Not. See," the blond growled and withdrew his cane, unfolding it. He had put it away when Jake guided him because he trusted the man to pay attention.

"Oh. Sorry. It's just… he is and… the way he acted-"

"Well, it's not like that," Mark said firmly.

"Oh well… damn…" the programmer said and slunk away.

"What did he want?" Jake asked when he returned a moment later.

"To ask me to his room. Seriously, am I putting out signals?"

"I know him, we've seen each other in clubs… he just assumed, I guess…"

"Ah… gay by association, that's better… I thought maybe I picked the wrong aftershave or something," the younger man snickered, but then gasped as a Jake lowered his head and sniffed his neck.

"Maybe you did… you smell pretty irresistible to me."

"Jake!"

"I can't help it, sorry. I'm sure I'm giving gay men a bad name." Again the man didn't sound very sorry.

"You kind of are. Actually both you and that guy are. You already more or less told me that you just want to get into my pants."

"What? When?"

"When you said it's not enough to want someone to like you, you apparently must want to jump their bones too… so obviously me liking you doesn't matter to you as long as you can get your way," the blond muttered.

"I would say that I've never been so insulted in my life, but you already know about my father," the CFO snorted. "It doesn't matter how sexy I think you are, I want to get to know you as well."

"Even if it's just as friends?" Mark asked, though he was almost afraid to.

"Yes. But you're going to be in some fantasies of mine, whether you want to be or not."

"I really hope there's no one close enough to hear that."

"Nope. Want to know what I plan to do to you in those fantasies?"

"I don't think-"

"Well, first I'm going to undress you, slowly, exploring you with my hands and lips, before-"

"Jacob, please!"

"No, no, you don't start begging quite yet," the man purred.

"I wish you would just stop…" Mark grumbled.

"Hmm? Really? When your pulse is racing like that? And you're not running away from me, are you? And I know you're capable of that."

Mark couldn't really argue with that. If he had really felt uncomfortable, like with Angie, he wouldn't have stayed by the man's side, after all.

"Maybe I should run?" he said, almost to himself.

"No. Don't. Go on a date with me."

"You have some balls."

"You have no idea. But I promise, I won't even as much as accidentally bump into you unless you want me to. Let me just take you out. Tomorrow. We'll have some fun… as friends if you insist."

"I'm sure this city is full of actual gay men who would love to go on a date with you," Mark sighed.

"Yes, but they aren't my Pooch. Come on, if you haven't slapped my face by now, you're going to say yes. We both know it."

"Is that how asking people out usually goes for you?" Mark smirked. "They agree or punch you?" His shoulders then sagged a little. "Fine. But as friends, okay? No… no expectations?"

"No expectations, no pressure. But you decide where the line goes… as long as you're not saying no…"

"Yes, because we both know how good you are at understanding that word…" the blond muttered. "I can't believe I'm doing this…"

"Yes, going on a date with a guy must be-"

"Going on two dates in the same month!" Mark clarified with a grin.

"…you really need to get out more…" an amused Jake sighed.

_____________________________________________________

"Wait… Wait…" Lance said on the phone the next day. "So you are actually going out with him?!"

"As a friend!" Mark defended himself.

"But to him it's a date, right? Wow… so you are interested…?"

"Why does everyone suddenly think I'm gay?" Mark sighed.

"Well, I don't know, going on a date with another guy is a rather big clue, isn't it?!" Lance chuckled. "But seriously, I haven't thought about it before… always assumed you liked chicks, but looking back you've never seemed that into them, to be honest… and you've never talked about one and blushed like how you do around Jake."

"I blush?!"

"Oh, yes… like when we met him during lunch… you looked quite smitten!"

"But I'm not! How can I be? I barely even know him! And he was a total ass at first, and-"

"Hey, sometimes it hits you hard and fast," his wise friend said. "And I have no idea what makes things click into place in your head… his voice, maybe, because that's not too bad as guy's go, is it?"

"I don't want to talk about this…"

"Pity, because I do so we will," his friend snickered. "But, yeah, as your first knight in shining armor I need to make sure he's not… you know… taking advantage."

"What?"

"Well… I mean… you're a bit vulnerable right now, and you haven't been with anyone, so if he offers… I mean… umm…"

"I'm not so hard up that I'll fuck a guy just to get laid," Mark hissed.

"Good. I mean, curiosity is fine, I guess, but… you know… don't let him get too far… unless you want to…"

"Of course I won't!"

"But hey, don't be a cock tease either! I hate those!"

"Wait, are you telling me sleep with him now?"

"No, just not to lead him on, okay? If you're not gonna go down that road, don't let him think you will… that's bad… For me too."

"For you? What does this have to do with you?"

"Well he's my boss's boss, right? So if Jake's happy, then Bob's happy, meaning I'm happy… and it's soon evaluation time and I'd like a raise…"

"So… I should sleep with him to get you a raise?"

"That way we all get a raise, that's great!"

"Amazing idea." The dryness in Mark's voice was at desert level.

"Oh wait…"

"What?"

"Only sleep with him if you think you're any good at it."

_____________________________________________________

"I'm taking you to a place called 'The Chat Room'," Jake explained in the cab that night. "Ever heard of it?"

"No… what kind of a place is it?" Mark asked, nervously tugging at the cuffs of his shirt. Again he had had trouble picking out what to wear but he had went with just shirt and trousers this time as well, hoping he wouldn't be underdressed. Jake had complimented him when picking him up, however, so Mark assumed that meant that he looked okay.

"It's a place that's actually arranged for people to be able to talk to each other. There's dancing too, but the floor is off to the side and the music isn't deafening… I thought it would do, but let me know if it's too loud, okay?"

"Yeah… so they have food too?"

"Just simple dishes, really, but their chicken wings are not bad… I won't let you starve, I promise."

"Well, thank you, most kind," Mark grinned. He wasn't sure he would be able to eat anything because of all the butterflies in his stomach, though…

Jake guided him in and described the place to him. The man was a tiny bit clumsy about things, but was learning very quickly. It was unfair to compare him to Lance, after all, who had been doing this since they were kids.

"Oh, hi Jake! Long time no see! Who's the twink? New in town, sweetie?" a voice in front of them suddenly said. The voice itself was very strange. Forced, in a way, but not in an aggressive way, it was just the way she- Mark blinked. No. He… or? And… twink?

"This is Mark, he's a friend of mine, so hands off, Cindy," Jake sounded friendly, but the name confused Mark even more.

"Cindy?" he blurted out.

"Oh, fuck, do I have a five o'clock shadow or something?" the person in front of them said, the voice deeper now.

"I…"

"I understand the confusion…" Jake chuckled. "Cindy, Mark is blind, Mark, Cindy is a transvestite."

"Oh, I see… well aren't you lucky, Jacob! With your ugly face and everything. Really, Mark, you should come with me…"

"Don't believe a word she says," his 'date' chuckled. "Come, let's find a table and order some snacks, alright?"

"Alright. Um… nice to meet you, Cindy," Mark nodded politely.

On the way over to the table Mark listened to the murmur of conversations around them. Something quite strange stuck out. They were all male. "Is… is this a gay club?" he whispered. "And what is a twink?"

"A young looking gay man," Jake explained.

"Oh… I thought it had something to do with cookies…" Mark mumbled. "And… this place is…?"

"Of course. I wanted to take you somewhere where I could do something like this and wouldn't get stared at," Jake said, grabbed Mark's hand and kissed it.

The blond didn't quite know what to do with himself; he was thoroughly flustered, which made the CFO chuckle.

Mark was happy to sit down and was about to ask about the menu when Jake spoke up.

"About what I look like… would you like to feel my face?"

"What?"

"Um… you… don’t do that?" It was actually quite funny to hear the executive sound so insecure, and it was Mark's turn to chuckle.

"Um… well, that's more like what blind people do in movies…" he said. "I mean, yeah, I could feel like if your nose is really big or if your hair is thin or whatever, but it's... you know… kinda intimate… I sure as hell don't go around shoving my hand in people's faces all the time. Besides, Lance already described you."

"Damn… here I thought that I at least knew something about the blind and I come off looking like a moron…" the man muttered.

"You're not the first," Mark giggled.

"Well, that helps, at least… So about what Lance said; was it a favorable description?"

"Yes, I guess?"

"That boy deserves a raise," Jake said, and didn't really understand why that got such a big laugh.

"He didn't notice your eye color, though, just that they weren't brown…?"

"Oh they are… grey-blue, I'd say. I get my black hair from my Italian roots, though."

"So you're a German-Italian mix? Interesting…" Mark smiled.

"Yes. The German in me is very thorough and logical and my Italian side… well… hopefully I get to introduce you to that one day…"

Mark snorted in amusement. "Easy there, stud. Don't get your hopes up."

"Ah, well… too late. So, what would you like to nibble on, if not me? They have these big, homemade french-fries here, a basket of those, maybe?"

"Sounds good, and I'd like to try those wings too?"

"Absolutely. What would you like to drink?"

"Just a cola for me, I think."

"I'll have one too, then."

"Oh, but you can have a beer or whatever!" Mark said hurriedly. "Just… um… just don't get wasted, okay?" Getting home with the help of a drunk person who couldn't even walk straight didn't appeal to him.

"With my history I've learned my lesson… I rarely drink at all… I won't turn down a cold beer now and then, but I'm not a buzz-chaser. It fucks up my social life sometimes, but…"

"Heh, I know what you mean… being drunk can be scary for me… I still slip up now and then, though…" Mark admitted. "So… should we order? But I'm paying this time."

"No, I asked you out."

"But I already owe you for lunch and a coffee!"

"If you agree to dance with me later, we're even."

"But-"

"That's the deal, take it or leave it."

"But it's not fair-"

"No, it's not… it's way too cheap for a dance with you," Jake told him firmly.

"You don't even know if I can dance…" Mark muttered.

"You can stand on my feet the whole time if you want to," the CFO chuckled. "I won't mind, trust me."

"Well, I think I can do better than that," the blond smirked.

Jake had been right; although the music was loud enough to dance to, it wasn't at the throbbing, painful level Mark had suffered from at other places.

The blond quite enjoyed dancing and Lance had helped him not look like a complete moron in public… but this wasn't Lance. Lance wouldn't have his hands on Mark's hips. Not like this, at least, or for so long. They had started on his shoulders, innocently enough, just to make sure that Mark knew where he was... but they had slithered down after a while and pulled him closer too. The blond didn't mind, though. He loved this particular song; he had his eyes closed, arms up and he let himself be guided by the older man, moving his hips in time with his. Then, because his arms got tired, he rested them on Jake's shoulders, his hands entangling behind the taller man's neck.

Jake was wearing a round-necked long sleeved top, Mark had found out. It was thin and tight, probably not hiding the contours of his body. Well, as far as Mark had discovered, the CFO had nothing to be ashamed of in that area. He lightly let a hand slide down the other man's arm and up again. Yup. Built.

The blond grinned. This was fun, this was great and- and he was being a cock-tease, wasn't he? Mark groaned internally. He didn't even know anymore! The feel of the other man's body pressed against his was- fuck, he should just admit it; it was nice. Really nice. Hot, even. But was it like Lance had said; that he liked it simply because he was supposedly starved for human contact? Did he really want Jake to be a man, or would he preferred it if he had been a woman? The answer struck him quite suddenly; he preferred him to be Jake.

To be continued…

_____________________________________________________

A/N: See you next Saturday, and please leave a review!

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

3.1K 89 31
Jack has just landed a job for one of the biggest bands in the world. Which is where he meets one of the band members Mark. From that first interacti...
546 31 11
First ever story. Feedback is welcomed. MATURE (BoyxBoy) "It wasn't just me..." I weakly protested, immediately regretting it as he slammed his fis...
2.8M 113K 47
"Why are you staring at me like that?" "Like what?" "Like you want to tear off my clothes." "And what if I do?" ~~~ Kingsley didn't believe in love...
2.8K 144 37
"Do you ... Want to be my boyfriend?" ... They have made things official ... Who would've thought between all of these pages, there was always going...