The Friendly Reality (Harry S...

By aabbhhiiee

A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other.. Maybe temp... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Arrival
Chapter 2: Meeting Her
Chapter 3: Hang Out
Chapter 4: Bestfriends
Chapter 5: The Audition
Chapter 6: Adjustment Period
Chapter 7: Meeting the Boys
Chapter 8: Busy Schedule
Chapter 9: Harry's Issues
Chapter 10: Unbelievable
Chapter 11: Me & Her
Chapter 12: Mood Swing
Chapter 13: The Reveal
Chapter 14: Still Trying
Author's Note
UPDATE!!
Chapter 15: The Wedding
Chapter 17: Months Ago (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 18: Back With the Boys
Chapter 19: Damn It (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 20: Girl's Night Out
Chapter 21: It's Still You
Chapter 22: Please Understand (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 23: Adventure Time
Chapter 24: A Time For Us
Chapter 25: Everything has Changed
Chapter 26: Much Better
Chapter 27: Preparations
Chapter 28: I Don't Regret It
Chapter 29: Clear Things Out
Chapter 30: Misconception
Chapter 31: Climax
Chapter 32: The Moment I Knew
Author's Note
Chapter 33: Finally
Chapter 34: Just Go With It
Chapter 35: One Step Closer
Epilogue

Chapter 16: Stargazing

675 23 5
By aabbhhiiee

Note: Dedicated to @boopboop22! Thanks for commenting on my previous chapter! Lots of love to you :* mwaaah!!

Chapter 16:

Stargazing

(Abbie's POV)

I want you to rock me! Rock me! Rock me-e-e! Harry Handsome Styles calling. I want you to hit the pedal heavy metal show me you care! Harry Handsome Styles calling. I want you to rock me! Rock me! Rock me-e-e!

"What? I'm coming! Chill, okay?" I answered my phone annoyed. He's been calling repeatedly for the past 15 minutes now.

"You know I wonder why my number wasn't registered in your phone when I checked it out." I heard him say from the next line. I put on the loud speaker since I had to dry my hair.

"I deleted useless phone numbers."

"Ouch?"

"Whatever Styles. I'll see you in a minute."

"You've been saying that for the past 5 minutes!"

"If you don't get off the phone, I'll add 5 more minutes. I swear!"

"Alright, alright. Bye."

I wore my cardigan that matched my sleeveless top and skinny jeans. I had my brown boots on and my hair was tied in two pig tails. My gym bag was filled with my 2-day clothes that I had to wear while in the farm. Uncle Robin said it would be a bit cold there so I might as well bring my jacket.

Thug-

It must be Harry throwing some more erasers on my window from outside. Then I noticed I've been preparing myself for about an hour now and he was getting impatient.

I heard the the glass break and I turned around to saw shattered pieces of it on my window pane. It seemed like Harry wasn't throwing erasers. I pushed my poor window up and looked down.

"Uncle Edgar's going to kill you!!!" I scream, seeing my best friend in his plain white shirt and tight pants. Seriously, I don't know how he could fit in that thing.

He looked up to me, his hand on his forehead trying to block the sunlight, "I'll kill you if you don't get down here right now!"

I didn't want the Hulk to unleash again so I might as well hurry downstairs. There I saw my cousin, Flo, in her pajamas, sitting comfortably on the sofa and watching Playhouse Disney. It was too early for Marnie to be awake. I smelled eggs from the kitchen where Aunt Lisa was cooking some omelet.

The door swung open. Harry stood there, looking so hot. He had a lot of tattoos now and I'm eager to find out what each of it stands for.

"So are you just going to look at me?" He teased.

I threw my bag at him but he caught it before it could hit his face and possibly break his nose.

"Aren't you guys staying for breakfast?" Aunt Lisa asks, removing her apron.

"Oh no, Mrs. Revilla. We'll eat along the way." Harry sweetly answered. We both got to the door and loaded the things in his range rover.

I think this was a good idea to have some bonding time with these guys.

It was supposed to be just the four of them but Aunt Anne said I was already part of the family so I had to come along. She also said this might be the only time we had left to spend together before they'd be away for honeymoon and Harry's back on the road.

The place we're heading at is the same place where me and the boys had a great time, years ago.

The cabin was located at the center of the farm, surrounded by growing grains and green fields. You would have the great view of the sunrise and sunset at the front porch. You could also smell the sweet aroma of strawberries that were planted meters away.

"You take care of my niece okay?" Uncle Edgar stated, giving Harry a tap on the back before he rode the car.

"I will sir. With all my life."

"Have fun!" We bid farewell and the car's engine started.

(Harry's POV)

Dad insisted he'll be driving the car today. Mom sat in the front seat with him while Gemma, Abbie and I sat at the back, my best friend being in the middle.

And I was like baby, baby, baby, ooh..

"Niall! Yes mate?"

Abbie's eyes widened as she heard me say her ex boyfriend's name.

"Put it on loud speaker!" She whispered, holding my arm. I shook my head, teasing her.

"Have you received the flowers we sent?" Niall asked in his Irish accent.

I transferred my phone to my right ear so Abbie could hear our conversation.

"Uh-huh. Mom gives her warmest thanks."

"Oh wonderful! So what are you guys up to now?"

"We're headed to the cabin." This time, Abbie's ears were touching mine, as she desperately wants to hear his voice.

"Not fair! Wish we were there. But it wouldn't be the same without.." He was trails off, then I understood what he actually meant. Abbie's hands were getting cold as I felt her touch my wrist, tracing my tattoo.

"Wouldn't be the same without her." My voice was calm, trying to comfort him.

I didn't really know the back story on why they broke up. All I know was that me and the other lads noticed that Niall wasn't getting enough sleep that he was supposed to. And I, on the other hand, didn't have the guts to bother calling my best friend to know what happened.

"I was going to say some beer, pizza, cheeseburgers and jelly babies." He joked, laughing on the next line. Abbie rolled her eyes, moving away to talk to Gemma.

"She's actually coming with us, mate. And she's right here sitting beside me."

"Oh." He sighs.

"Do you want to talk to her?" I asked, putting my hand on Abbie's knee so she could turn to face me. She stared at me for a moment, waiting for his response.

"Actually mate, I gotta go. I have some shopping to do with mom. It was nice talking to you. I'll see you soon. Bye." The call ended and I wasn't even able to say my goodbye back.

Her lips pouted as she spoke, "He didn't want to talk to me, huh?" I could feel the sadness in her tiny voice.

I looked away as I answered, "As if you did. You'd probably press the end call button if I passed you the phone anyway. Besides, he's busy shopping with his mom back in Ireland."

That made her shut her mouth and there was silence in the car, except for the radio which was playing Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera.

"Cheer up, babe. Smile!" I pinch both her cheeks but she shoves my hand away. It would kill me if she starts with the silent treatment again. "Baba- i was just kidding."

"Whatever." She finally laughs.

"You guys are so cute together! You should try dating." Gemma says, taking off her earphones.

Abbie folded her arms in front of her chest, "Believe me, I don't want to try."

"Why darling? My son is a very sweet guy." Mom pops her statement out of nowhere. Well I didn't know she was actually listening.

"I don't know. He's just..." Abbie looked at me with those beautiful eyes that made her contacts move as she blinked.

I raised an eyebrow, "Too hot? Too handsome? Too sweet? Too tasty? Too manly? Too perfect?" There were loud laughters in the car as I catechized.

"Oh God, no." She rubbed her fingers on her chin. "Too weird, too childish, too popular, too good, and.."

"And what?"

"Too risky." She answers, rolling her eyes and turning to face the window on her right.

I began to examine my thoughts and wonder if what she said was true. Yeah I'm weird, but she is too! Yeah I'm childish, but only when I'm around her and the lads because I want to live forever young. Yeah I'm popular because duh, I'm a member of the hottest boy band in the planet. Too good? Every girl says that to me and we end up having sex. But too risky? That I don't understand.

"I'm not trying to break the fun, but is Nando's okay?" Dad asks, stopping just in front of Nando's. We nodded and so he drove to look for a parking space.

We got down from the car, feeling the summer heat of great England. The restaurant was full, as always. I felt comfortable to notice that people didn't mind us as we entered, respecting our privacy. The table at the corner had 6 seats, enough to accommodate the five of us.

"Welcome to Nando's! May I take your order?" A waitress, wearing her black fitting shirt and her work cap, asked. I browsed through the menu, searching for something suitable for breakfast.

"I'll take whatever you're having." Abbie whispers, sitting beside me, just across my parents.

"Ain't you supposed to order something you usually have when you're here on a date with-" I wasn't finished when she answered.

"Nope." That surprised me. "He hasn't brought me here."

"What?! But this is his favorite-"

"I know." She just won't let me finish my sentence.

"And he hasn't-"

"No." Seriously, she has to stop that. "Let's just go back to ordering food, shall we?"

After some long minutes of debate, we ordered two Double Chicken Breast Fillet Burgers, three Veggie Burgers, Frozen Yogurt, and some apple and strawberry Dino Drinks Bottle Green Cordial. I was paying for this one so I didn't let my family mind the prices.

When the waitress left, a little girl suddenly comes up to our table, holding a marker and a photograph in her hand. She looked like she was about nine or ten years old.

"Hello!" I said, flashing her my warm smile.

She brushed her brown curly hair away from her eyes, "Hi. I'm Isabel."

This kid must be a fan, politely asking for my autograph.

"You know, you and my best friend have the same name." Abbie says, bending forward, her elbows on my lap, wanting to move closer to the child.

Her eyes abruptly widened, "OH MY GOSH! YOU'RE NIALL'S-"

"No darling! Sorry, I'm not. You must have mistaken me for another girl." Abbie states, touching Isabel's rosy cheeks. The little girl's smile disappeared.

"Oh. I thought she was you. You see I've been dying to meet her and ask her a lot of questions, and get her to sign this!" She showed us the photograph that she held. It was a picture of Niall and Abbie getting cozy in Paris. Damn was I jealous.

"I'm really sorry to bother you." She sadly says, turning around. But before she could take another step, I called out her name.

"Isabel- wait,"

She looked at me and tilted her head, "Yes Mr. Styles?"

"I'll sign that picture in behalf of Abbie." I insist and her lips stretched as she smiled so widely.

She gave me her marker and I affixed my signature at the bottom part. "Here you go, babe."

"THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES! My friends would be so jealous now!" She exclaims, shaking my hand before skipping away.

I looked at my best friend who was now busy munching through some fries and taking a bite of her burger. It was like nothing happened. I can't believe she just lied to that little girl.

(Anne's POV)

Family time is seriously very important to me. It's the only time we get to spend some quality bonding with each other since Harry's away for more than six months when he's on tour.

"Honey, I'll get those." Robin insists, taking the two bags I had in both hands. We just arrived in this peaceful farm and the fresh air really brings out the best in me.

"Drop that bag and I'll break your neck." I heard Abbie say. I turned around and saw my baby boy bringing a cooler in both arms, and a gym bag on top of it.

"You can't even open a water bottle and you say you'll break my neck?" Harry teased, taking huge steps so he could reach the cabin in time before he drops everything.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Gemma.

"Mom, really. They're like a couple."

"They're just friends." I answered, imitating Harry's raspy voice.

The place has three rooms, enough to fit us all. There was one satellite television in the living room, just above the fireplace. Everything was made of wood so the fresh air could actually penetrate the walls anytime.

I took my things to the bedroom where my husband and I will be sleeping tonight, making myself comfortable. It was just beside the room where Harry will be.

"I'm the girl. You're the one sleeping on the floor!"

"The bed is too big for you! So you'll be on the floor!"

"You should be a gentleman!"

"I am!"

"So you don't like being at the bottom?!"

"I like the top! It's fun doing most of the work!"

"Ew Harry! Yuck! You know that's not what I meant! Oh Gosh!"

"You started it!"

"I did not!"

Their voices were loud enough to disturb the neighbors, if only we had any. I went to their room to check what's going on.

Abbie was standing barefoot at the side of the bed, bringing two pillows and a blanket in her arms. Harry was lying comfortably on the mattress, still wearing today's clothes, texting.

"Harry, please." She begged in her about-to-cry tone.

"Darlin' but I don't want you to get tired." He answered in his sexy voice.

I cleared my throat, interrupting them. They looked at me perplexed.

"Abbie is not sleeping here. Especially with you." I stated before moving my gaze towards her. "You're sleeping with Gemma."

She gave me a weak smile and takes her things. I'm the adult here and I should be the one being obeyed here.

"See what you did!" She gave Harry her death glare before exiting the door.

Sitting on the bed, I placed my hand on his thigh and spoke, "Hazza, listen. Umm, I know you're already old enough to do things, and your hormones-"

"OH GOD MOM!" He screamed, pulling a pillow over his head. "I know what you mean! So please stop!" He laughed annoyed. I gave him a peck on the forehead before proceeding to the kitchen.

Robin was already preparing the meat that we'll start grilling in a moment. I started chopping some vegetables for the salad, then I concentrated on the mashed potatoes.

I hugged my husband from behind as he flipped those sizzling steaks. "Smells good!"

"Nah, you smell better." He tells me with a smirk on his lips. "So what was going on with the kids awhile ago?"

I released my hug, "Abbie wanted to sleep on the bed. Harry didn't and insisted she rather sleep on the floor. I bulged in and it ended with me separating them in different rooms."

Robin laughed, "Can't they sleep on the same-"

"No!" I blurted out.

"Okay, okay. I was just asking!"

Two of them alone in one room? Not going to happen. I know I love Abbie. I mean I treat her like my own child, but there are boundaries when they're under my roof. And that includes that no one of the opposite sex gets to sleep together, unless they're related by blood.

The day went by just like how I wished it would go. We played some family games, a bit of scrabble, and many more. We had this rule that whoever loses the games will wash the dishes, and eventually, Robin had to do the job.

We sat in the front porch, waiting for the sunset. Gemma sat on Harry's lap as Abbie snapped a picture of them. My heart was touched to see that my babies are growing up too fast, especially Harry. And because of his work, I don't get to see him grow to a manly person.

"It's beautiful." Abbie says, looking up to see the sun's rays turn the sky orange as it goes down.

I saw Harry turn to face her, "Yeah. She is."

Gemma gave me a wink, both of us thinking about the same thing.

(Abbie's POV)

It was around 10 in the evening. The cabin was quiet and peaceful as everyone was now fast asleep. I myself couldn't since I was waiting for Harry's call. He said that we were going to do something amazing tonight and I had to wear my thickest jacket so I wouldn't freeze to death.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are." That raspy voice that seemed to be running out of breath, came from outside my window, just above my head.

I got off bed, careful enough not to wake Gemma up. I got out of the cabin and it was freakin cold! I forgot to put on my stupid sweater and I was now trembling in the cold. I can't just go back inside and tiptoe another 10 meters with the lights off.

"Geez Harry! I can't feel my fingers!" I exhaled, seeing Harry walk towards me.

His hands creeped to give me a warm hug. "I told you to bring your jacket. You stubborn little child."

To be honest, I actually loved my position. Hugging 19-year old Harry Styles, in the middle of a cold weather night.

"Here, take my sweater." He took off his white sweater and put it on me but I was hesitant to take it.

"Nah. I'm good." I told him, burrying my head on his chest as I hugged him tighter.

"Fine. Suit yourself."

"Where are we going now?" I asked as he wrapped his arms around me and we awkwardly walked, our bodies intertwined in a hug. The place was dark and I didn't see this little twig on the ground and it tripped me, making me fall on top of Harry.

"Actually, this is a much better position." I could feel his breath through my face. I pulled myself away from him and lay on the wet grass instead. Both of us were now looking up the sky.

It was a perfect view. I could see millions of stars lining up, effortlessly lighting the sky. The moon was shining bright and no clouds even bothered to disturb it.

It was just like before.

"Is this what we came here to do?" My heart was beating faster as I took in the enormous sight.

"Uh-huh." He moved his body closer to mine. "It's been a long time since we did this."

I didn't answer.

"May I ask you a question?" He folded his arms so he could support his head as he looked at me. I nodded and gestured him to continue.

"Why did you lie to the kid?"

"What kid?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Why did you lie to the kid?"

Actually, I've been asking myself the same question. I mean, it wouldn't be a big deal if I told her the truth, right? All she wanted was my signature and some answers to the questions she's been dying to ask.

"I was hurt, Harry."

"With what?" I could feel the sound of concern in his voice.

"That's why I did it. It was my turn to lie."

"You didn't answer my question. With what?"

"When he didn't fight for me." My stomach drops and I try to push the paon away. "It was just for a week. I wasn't able to reply for a week. And he ends up denying me infront of the pres."

"Wait- what? Why don't I know about this?"

"The whole world knows, except you?" I asked, wondering. Does this guy never open the television? I mean it was all over E! News. "A question was thrown to him asking if we were still a strong couple. He replies just because you tell someone you love them doesn't mean you're in a relationship. He lied. He fucking lied. And it made me think that the entire thing we had was a fake."

It's been a long time ago but the pain is still so fresh. My mind has already moved on, but my heart seems like it's got beaten down hard and it just can't get back up.

Harry's hand held mine as he looked up the sky, "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you."

"Let's not talk about it. Let's just enjoy the moment we get to spend together, shall we?"

I hooked my left arm to his right as I lay my head on his shoulder, both of us still on the ground. We stared at the stars just like how we used to. And yeah, you may guess what happened next. We fell asleep, right there, in the cold night, cuddling next to each other.

#####

vote + comment :]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

478 34 7
After all this time...they're still into each other. (For lack of a better description. Oops, sorry.) (HMNI Trilogy) © 2014 oddbookworm. All Rights R...
1.9K 25 8
Violet Moore, a hopeless romantic finds herself on a blind date with her cousin Harry’s sexy best friend Zayn Malik. Though the date is a disaster an...
125K 3.3K 42
Some of us just need to find our other halves. Others need to find ourselves.
422 32 12
They say if you love something, let it go and if it comes back its yours. What if when it comes back it isn't what you expected? Friendships reunite...