Choose Your Rose Carefully

By AngieTheTurtle

Sequel to the story My ex-boyfriend is my TEACHER? >8U?, Alexis struggles to maintain her life after the deat... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four (Filler :|)
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Two

1.6K 36 7
By AngieTheTurtle

                                                       .+:Chapter Two:+.

"Hey girl!" said Aaliyah as she sat next to me in chemistry.

"Hey." I replied and tried to smile.

"C'mon." said Aaliyah annoyed. "Smile, please?"

"I... can't." I said frowning.

    She leaned in closer to me and narrowed her eyes.

"Do you honestly think Mr. Hunter would've wanted this?" she questioned.

    Mr. Hunter. Mr. Hunter. Mr. Hunter.

  My heartbeat sped up as I started taking in frantic breaths.

"Calm down..." she whispered softly.

"I-I can't!" I nearly screamed.

   The class stopped what they were doing to stare at me. The gazes were intense so I ran out of class and into the bathroom. I silently cried in the stall as two girls walked in. I hushed myself and waited until they were gone. Sadly it was impossible not to eavesdrop.

"Felicia, Ethan like... so~ glanced at me and winked." said a high pitched voice.

"Today he told me I looked pretty! Sara I think he likes us!" replied another voice which I assumed was Felicia.

"I should get some breast implants." replied Sara in thought.

"Me too! I mean, I'm like an A. I want to be a DD!" chuckled Felicia.

"Me too!"

  Then they both squealed and left the bathroom. I got out of the stall to see makeup plastered on the sink surface. I sighed and looked into the mirror. Today my hair was in a messy bun, I was wearing a loose shirt, baggy sweats and sandals. Look at myself. Just look. Every night I cried myself to sleep. Is this what's really happening to me?

  I closed my eyes and sighed. I leaned on the sink and became lost in thought.

"Alexis!"

    I looked around and finally spotted him.

"Hi hun!" I said showing teeth.

"Hey there beautiful!" he said chuckling and pulling on my cheek. "After school, we're going to Benny's."

"Awesome! On you or me?" I replied excited.

"On me of course, babe." he said seductively and pecked me on the lips.

   I blushed and looked away.

"How cute." he said laughing quietly.

"Shut up!" I replied covering my face.

"C'mon babe! Don't do that!"

    He started tickling me and I burst out laughing.

"Ms. Anderson, Mr. Hunter." said Mrs. Gordon.

"Sorry!" we both said in sync.

"Girl!"

   I snapped back out of my memory and looked up to see Aaliyah. She looked at me and frowned.

"Chemistry is almost over..." she mumbled.

"I-I'm sorry!" I replied.

   She took a napkin out of her pocket and dabbed my cheeks.

"Do you not realize when you're crying?" she questioned.

"N-no..." I mumbled.

    She sighed and hugged me.

"I'll help you get through this." she said.

"Aaliyah..." I whispered as tears welled in my eyes.

"It's been a year... I know you can't, but please, get over him." she said looking me in the eyes.

   I knew I couldn't, but I nodded anyways.

"Good, let's go back to class now." she said grabbing my hand.

   We rushed to class and settled down. Eyes were still on me, but I ignored them. About five minutes later the bell rang. Aaliyah and I got up and headed towards ELA.

 †¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐†

"Hello class." said Mrs. James smiling. "Alright then! Tomorrow will be an ELA test based on the four recent books we have read."

   Everyone groaned but Aaliyah and I.

"Really now? Groaning in my class?" said Mrs. James raising an eyebrow. "Do you all want negative fives?"

  Many noes were said across the classroom and Mrs. James smiled.

"Now group one, present." said Mrs. James.

   Oh crap! I had forgotten about the project!

"Hey, did you do the introduction and conclusion?" asked Mark, our group leader.

   I furrowed my brows together and shook my head.

"Damn it Alexis! Do it now, we're group two!" he hissed.

   I nodded and started to write an introduction and conclusion to the story.

†¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐†

   After group one finished, it was my group's turn. Mark side glanced at me and then back at Mrs. James.

"Do you have my work, group two?" questioned Mrs. James.

"Yes." we all said in sync.

"Good!" she said clapping her hands together. "Let's get this show on the road!" she said gesturing to the front of the class.

    Mark looked at me and I nodded.

"In the story, The Scarlet Letter..." I said reciting what I wrote.

      In the end, our group got a 96. I sighed in relief as Mrs. James smiled proudly at us and called up group 3.

   Finally it was lunch time. I rushed out of ELA class and literally ran to the cafeteria. I had to see Ethan, at least one glance. I spotted the popular table and my heart sank lower. Ethan was kissing a blond bimbo and when he pulled away he kissed another blond bimbo. He never noticed me but I went over to my usual table and sighed. What did I do to Ethan?

"Ladies, ladies!" I heard Ethan laugh. "There's more than enough of me to go around!"

   I literally cringed at his voice. I sighed once more and put my head down.

"Hungry?"

   I looked up to see Aaliyah holding a bottle of cherry juice and a half a hero. I smiled and nodded. She handed me them and we ate in silence. About 20 minutes later Aaliyah decided it was enough.

"Why." she mumbled.

"Huh?" I questioned.

"Why is... Ethan." she said tilting her head towards him.

"I... I don't know." I said a bit hurt.

"Isn't he your bo...est friend?" she slurred.

   I knew she meant to say boyfriend but I chose to ignored it.

"He was suppose to be..." I mumbled and sighed.

"Alexis, don't worry about it." she said as her light brown eyes sparkled with hope.

 "Aaliyah..." I looked up at her.

"Yes hun?" she replied.

"Why? Why are you my... f-friend?" I asked.

"The reason why I'm your... f-friend." she said and I laughed, "is because what's going on with you isn't fair. I believe that I can be your best friend and help you through everything."

   I felt tears well in my eyes but I blinked them away.

"Thank... you..." I said and new tears came running down my face.

"Tomorrow I want you to ditch this Alexis." she said an understanding tone, "And I want the Alexis that use to be carefree and gay."

"Hey!" I said raising an eyebrow.

"Gay means happy." she said smirking.

"Shut up." I said giving her a playful punch.

"That's my girl!" she said happily. "Now eat that sandwich!" she said taking a bite out of hers.

"Yes ma'am!" I replied laughing and took a bite out of mine.

     In the corner of my eye I saw Ethan glaring at Aaliyah. He then looked at me but I looked back at Aaliyah before he saw.  I fist pumped my half-hero and she did the same. We both starting laughing and we left the cafeteria.

     For the first time in over a year, I felt like myself. I looked over at Aaliyah and smiled. She really was a true friend.

†¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐††¬⌐†

Thank you so much for reading chapter two!

Please don't forget to comment, vote, and possibly fan ;u;.

Everytime I see a vote, comment, or a fan, it motivates me to write chapters faster :o.

Next Chapter: August 22.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71 5 7
You were meant to be my now, my present, but instead, you chose to slip into the shadows of my past. I was busy knitting our dreams together, threadi...
479K 16.3K 48
[COMPLETED] Alexis was your typical everyday good girl with excellent grades, a single best friend, an annoying elder brother and a family that loved...
91.3K 1.3K 39
Rebecca has just started at her new job, TEI. She meets new people and learns new things. She even meets a dreamy man along the way, but... She has b...
158 64 9
Please, try not to hate her. She's just a girl, after all. She's still figuring things out and doesn't understand what love truly means. She's never...