Pan's Game || OUAT Fanfic ||...

By Alice_Emma_Rose

[Book 1 in the Pan's Game trilogy] * Alice has been having nightmares about a certain brown-haired demon... More

Trigger Warnings
Pan's Game Playlist
Chapter 1; Demons & Night Terrors
Chapter 2; For A Nerd You're Pretty Dumb
Chapter 3; Pizza, Harry Potter & Pillow Fights
Chapter 4; I'm Being Taken, Call Liam Neeson!
Chapter 5; Avoid Strange Boys With Blond Hair
Chapter 6; Playing With Fire Gets Your Fingers Burnt
Chapter 7; Ever Heard Of Personal Space?
Chapter 8; New Allies & Dangerous Enemies
Chapter 9; Home Is Where The Wi-Fi Connects Best
Chapter 10; I Feel Like I'm Forgetting Someting
Chapter 11; Cute Boys & Lying Sociopaths
Chapter 12; Archery Practice & Hide And Seek
Chapter 13; Take A Left Turn To Neverland's Waterfalls
Chapter 14; Sometimes Quiet Is Violent
Chapter 15; We Call Them The Bloodlust Trio
Chapter 16; Detectives For The Day
Chapter 18; As Sherlock Holmes Always Says, "The Game Is On"
Chapter 19; This Clichรฉness Will Be The Death Of Me
Chapter 20; I Challenge Thee To A Game Of Hide & Seek
Chapter 21; A Sleepover? Cool, I Call Dibs On The Bed
Chapter 22; Lucky Shot My Arse
Chapter 23; A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
Chapter 24; Real Or Not Real?
Chapter 25; If You Believe You're Halfway There
Chapter 26; In Hindsight, Maybe Challenging Andrew Wasn't A Good Idea
Chapter 27; Old Friends & New Ones
Chapter 28; Family Reunion
Chapter 29; Is It True Hurt People Hurt People?
Chapter 30; Disney Lied, Mermaids Are Vicious Man-Killing Beasts!
Chapter 31; Two Truths And A Lie
Chapter 32; Have You Been Running Through The Forest Or Did You Have Sex?
Chapter 33; Rule Number Two, Don't Get Attached To Somebody You Could Lose
Chapter 34; I'm Scared 'Cause The Past Keeps Pulling Me Back
Chapter 35; A Blonde-Haired Beauty Named Emily
Chapter 36; Being The Only Girl In An Island Full Of Boys Is Stressful
Chapter 37; Note To Self, Don't Challenge Peter To Tickle Fights
Chapter 38; Where's Google Translate When You Need It?
Chapter 39; It's Not Just A Storybook
Chapter 40; The Heart Of The Truest Believer
Chapter 41; Lost Girl
Chapter 42; Target Practice
Chapter 43; Nasty Habits
Chapter 44; Good Form
Chapter 45; Truth Or Dare
Chapter 46; You Sit On A Throne Of Lies
Chapter 47; Wendy Darling
Chapter 48; Athena
Chapter 49; Think Lovely Thoughts
Chapter 50; The Race Against Time
Chapter 51; Conflicted Hearts
Chapter 52; Please Don't Bite
Chapter 53; Switching Bodies
Chapter 54; Playing The Part
Chapter 55; The Missing Children
Chapter 56; The New Neverland
Chapter 57; The Sacrifice
Chapter 58; True Love Is Rare
Chapter 59; One Last Lesson
Chapter 60; Going Home
Q&A + 10 Facts About Me
Checkmate Synopsis + Special Announcement

Chapter 17; Combat Training & Petty Fights

16.8K 501 444
By Alice_Emma_Rose

"Kids are still depressed when you dress them up."

~ Melanie Martinez

-

A/N: I'm sorry in advance for how terrible and boring this chapter is going to be. It's barely edited.

-

Alice's P.O.V

-

    I moan as Peter pushes me to the ground.

    Peter extends his hand to help me up. "4/4, we're tied."
    I push his hand away and stand up on my own. "I thought you said that we were playing best of three, not best of ten."
    "Yeah, well, I changed the game," Peter says, taking a few steps back.
    "You mean you changed the game when you realised that I was winning," I say.

    Peter's idea of detracting me from Lewis's death is to have longer training sessions with me (But it obviously, it isn't working) We've been training for three hours now. And the new "game" is hand combat. I've been observing his tactics, and created one of my own. One that I know will help me beat him.

    "Basically. That's why I'm undefeated."
    I roll my eyes.
    "Is the game still best of ten?" I ask.
    He nods, and the game resumes.
    We circle each other. My hands are up, protecting my face and ribs from his blows.
    Peter makes the first move. He always does. He advances towards me and throws his weight into a punch.

    He lunges forward, I duck, thrusting my fist into his abdomen. He stumbles a few steps back. I unclench my hand and shake it a few times. Ow. I must've hit his abs. I clench my hands again, regaining my stance. I take a few small steps forward, my hands raised, near my head. Peter runs towards me like he's trying to tackle me.

    I dart out of the way in the very last second. I block his next punch with my forearm. The blow stings, but with all the adrenaline in my vains, I barely notice it. He punches my side, making me gasp for air, and I take a few steps back. A group of Lost Boys have crowded around us by now, watching our every move in anticipation.

    That's a good thing. If the Lost Boys are there, Peter will be more focused on looking good in front of them instead of fighting me. His hands are up too high; guarding his face, I notice that he's not protecting his chest. I don't wait for him to make the first move this time. I raise my leg and kick him in the chest. And he falls to the ground with a thud.

    "5/4, who's undefeated now?" I taunt.
    I hear the satisfying roar of the Lost Boys cheering. I'm the first person to best Peter, I've gained their respect in less than one week. Well, all the boys save the Bloodlust Trio. Those boys will never respect anyone, other than Peter of course.

    I spot Ray in the crowd, clapping and cheering. I smile, and he smiles back. Even Felix is clapping. After a few seconds I look back down at Peter, who's still on the ground. Peter smirks like he knows something I don't.
    "What—" I begin, but he cuts me off by sweeping his feet under my legs.

    And I fall, landing right on top of him.

    I place my forearms on Peter's chest to prop myself up. My hair flys in the small breeze, covering my right eye, my hair tie must've snapped during my fight with Peter. For some reason Peter decides to tuck my hair behind my ear.

    The Boys have stopped cheering, no doubt they're staring at Peter and I.
    "Consider this a win-win situation," Peter says, chuckling.
    I groan, rolling off him so that I'm lying flat on the ground.
    "You planned this, didn't you?" I ask, turning my head so I'd face him. "You knew that I'd do that."

    "Of course, Peter Pan never fails, or in this case, lose," he says smugly.
    "Referring to yourself in third person is so cliché," I say, shaking my head as I stand up.
    I scan the faces of the Lost Boys again and notice that Ray is missing from the crowd. I push my way through the crowd, and run after him.

    I push the ferns aside as I run through the rainforest.
    "Ray!" I shout as I run after him.
    I stop at a clearing, scanning my surroundings. A million thoughts run through my head. Where is he? Why did he run away? Did I do something wrong?
    I pause, shaking my head. This has Peter's work written all over it.

    He must've said something to Ray. This is his doing.

****

    "Peter!" I shout, walking past the camp boundaries.
    "Where's Peter?!" I ask the Lost Boy who's guarding the camp's entrance. Marcus, I think that's his name.
    "T-There," he stutters, pointing me in Peter's direction.
    I mutter a quick "thank you" then make my way over to the direction he pointed at.

    I find Peter near the bonfire, talking to the Bloodlust Trio.
    "Peter!" I shout, storming towards the group.
    "I'll talk to you boys later," he says to the trio. "You are dismissed."
    And the boys walk away, leaving Peter and I alone.

    He turns to face me. "What's the problem, love?"
    "Ray. What did you say to him?" I ask, crossing my arms.
    "Nothing," he replies, shaking his head. "I didn't even talk to him."
    "Oh, really?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.
    "Yes, why?"
    "Ray has been avoiding me all day. That's not like him at all," I say.

     "Maybe you said something to make him react this way." he replies plainly.
    "I just lost my friend, I refuse to lose another one," I say.
    "It's not in my control," he says in an uncaring tone.
    Overwhelmed by rage, I raise my hand and slap him, hard. I turn away from him and run towards the rainforest.

****

    I lean against a tall tree, panting.
    Oh God, what have I done? I've broken all of Peter's rules. He's so going to kill me now.
    At if on cue, I feel someone's arms snake around my waist. I scream and start hitting him.
    "Stop it, Alice," he growls in my ear, giving me goosebumps.

    I feel so many emotions all at once. Anger. Fear. Sadness. Grief. Pain. But fear is the strongest. I give in to the fear and obey Peter's order.

    He then teleports us to my tent and throws me onto the bed. I try to get off the bed but Peter stops me. I scream as he grabs my ankles and pulls me towards him. He then flips me over so that I'm facing him and he straddles me. He grabs my wrists and pins my hands above my head, preventing me from struggling.

    I can only feel fear and grief now. Fear of what Peter will do to me. And grief, because of Lewis's death. I close my eyes and stifle a sob. I can't break down now, not when Peter is here. I hold my breath, waiting for Peter to say or do something.

    Pathetic. He must think that I'm a weak and pathetic little girl. A minute passes but he still hasn't done anything. I open my eyes to see Peter's forest green eyes. He raises his hand up and waves it over my face, causing me feel to lightheaded. The room starts to spin. Then, darkness.

-

Peter's P.O.V (a few hours later)

-

    "When are you going to tell Alice that Lewis is still alive?" Felix asks.
    I shake my head. "I never said anything about telling her."
    "So you're just going to let her believe that he's dead?"
    "Yes," I reply. "It's better this way."
    "How is it better?" he asks. "If anything she's ever worse now that she thinks he's dead."

     "Why does it matter?"
    "She obviously cares for the boy, she'll never stop trying to escape until she gets back home," he says, looking towards Alice's tent.
    "Don't you think I know that?" I snap, annoyed.

      "It doesn't matter whether she wants to stay here or not, she can't leave the island without my permission. And I'll never give her my permission to leave," I say.
    Felix stays silent.
    "What is it? I know that look, what's wrong?" I ask.
    "Her friends have found the book," Felix says.

   "The book?" I ask.
   "Yes," he replies. "The book that helped your shadow find Alice for you."
      I don't make any remark to the news.
    "Aren't you worried that they'd come to Neverland?" he asks.
    "No. I highly doubt that they'd be able to decode that book," I say.

    "So what are you going to do about Alice?" he asks.
    "I have to talk to my shadow about the hourglass," I say.
    "I'll need you to watch over Alice tomorrow. Do you think you'll be able to keep her from escaping this time?"

    Felix nods. "Yes, Pan."

    "Good."

-

Happy New Year, guys! I can't believe I managed to survive 2015. (seriously, it was torture)

-

Vote, comment, rate, do whatever you want <3 xx

-

Edited: 23.11.2017

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422K 11.9K 89
Peter Pan never thought he'd do anything selfless. He never thought he'd want to die. He never thought he'd be able to love. He never thought he'd se...
71.7K 2.4K 115
***Third book in the Dreams series*** ***The following book to Once Upon a Dream*** After saving Henry from Neverland, or so they thought, the whole...
22.5K 307 19
1ST BOOK IN THE PAN/WENDY ROMANCE SERIES. He's the hero in my nightmares and the villain in my dreams <3 "peter pan. Never fails". Wendy is slowly...