Hiding in Plain Sight (Slowly...

By uuuuume9909

This is going to be Sang and Erik's third move in as many years. They have to think of a way to protect them... More

To start off by saying
Sang and Erik
The Dinner "Date" (WHAT!!!)
Up In Flames
You Call That a Smile
Nefarious Laughter, Really
Looking Eye to Eye
Letting Sleeping Bears Rest
Lit Candles
Turned Upside Down
Scrambling Eggs
Keeping Secrets?
Storming the Castle
Accidentally on Purpose?
All's Fair in Love & War
A Dish Best Served Cold
Having Fun Zombie Style
What is Reality?
Cloud gazing???
Baby Bear sized Hugs
A.M & F.M
Feeding an Army
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Oopsie...
Note! Not an update yet!?!
Let the games begin
Expressions
Oh what a tangled web...
Truth?

Partners in Crime

1.5K 146 18
By uuuuume9909

Erik's POV

     "Ok, the best way we can plan this is if we pool our abilities so we know what we are capable of doing.  We know that Miss Sang can control, manipulate and create fire what's your ability, Mr  Erik?"  The one who called himself Mr. Blackbourne asked me.  I looked over to Sang, "What do I tell them? Did the other two tell them about you whammying him through me.  They may think I have that ability. Do we tell them the truth? Do you think we can trust them?"

     She looked guilty as she looked down at her hands.  I know that look she already did something I'm going to wish she didn't.  "Gabriel knows we do this, I have already mind linked to him and Jess too.  I have a good feeling about them papa bear, trust me for once.  Do you want me to answer for you?"  I nod my head slightly.   I'm not sure when the dynamics of our relationship changed but I don't like it.  I'm supposed to be protecting her not her protecting me.

Sang's POV

     "Meanie, how much can we truly trust you and your friends because we have secrets that if they get out we'll have to move again.  I just got here and I don't want to leave again.  Can you all just be okay with the fact that both of us are special?"  I looked pleadingly at Gabriel waiting for a reply before anything was said.  He nodded his head, and very loudly in my head said, "Oh hell no, you ain't going anywhere.  I own your hair remember.  We will protect both of you from anything that can hurt you. I promise you this right now, there's no amount of trouble we can't get you out of."

      I took a deep breathe and said, "What would you like us to be able to do Mr Blackbourne?"  He looked at me in confusion.  "Miss Sang we are aware of your ability, I was inquiring as to your brothers."

     "Again what would you like for us to be able to do?  Just know this one fact if you're scared of what he can do you are looking at the wrong twin if you are looking for power."  He's staring Erik down now.  Oh he is not going to make me do something I may regret is he?

    "Miss Sang, if you are the twin to fear then I assure you, your twin does not have any ability that we may be interested in."  He is really pushing his luck now.  I look over at Erik and don't even have to mind speak he nods his head looks at Gabriel and covers his ears.  I just hope Gabriel gets the hint. 

     "Stop talking now! You will look at me when I'm talking to you and you will answer my questions now.  Do we have anything to fear from you?  Why do you want to know what abilities we have and yes if you haven't figured out already I have more than one.  Depending on your answers you may or may not remember this conversation.  Are you understanding me Mr. Blackbourne or am I going to have to find other ways of making you talk?"

     Mr. Blackbourne turned to me when I compelled him to.  "Yes, Miss Sang I completely understand and apologize for not listening to you earlier.  The only way you can see us as a threat is if your abilities are too strong to be controlled.  I am asking because its my job to know this.  We all have more than one ability ourselves.  I'm sorry that I just assumed that fire was your only ability.  I assume language comprehension is one as well, and from the sounds of it vocal compelling similar to Kota. Interesting, if I may ask is there more that you and your brother can do?"

     I look over to Gabriel and mentally tell him to tell Mr Blackbourne what he knows, I'm still trying to calm myself.  I close my eyes in fear of a storm starting to brew.  Erik senses my unease and anger and gently grabs my hand and sends me calming thoughts.

     "She can communicate telepathically as well sir we have been talking for a few minutes now, well since she thawed you."  Gabriel looks down, I guess in fear of their reaction I'm not sure.

     "Why was I not made aware of this sooner Mr Coleman?"  Mr. Blackbourne is starting to look angry.  I'm not sure how much I trust him so I'm going to play safe. 

    "Mr. Blackbourne I am what I  call a mimic.  I can copy and mimic an ability that I am in contact with.  I can hold every ability I contact but once I use it I have lost it until I am around it again.  Think of each ability as a bullet once I use it its gone.  The only exception is Erik I am not able to mimic his, but I'm immune to it so I guess its ok. The telepathy is a twin thing I think.   We also can heal each other, boost our energy levels and calm each other, which is why the almost constant physical contact." Isay as I hold up mine and Erik's joined hands.  "The first night we were here I used a very powerful ability that drained me so I had to sleep with him to regain my strength back.  If he wants to tell you his ability that is entirely up to him.  I want to show you one last thing though."  Okay so I lied a lot in that little speech but I don't know if I can trust them still.  I went to the kitchen and got a filet knife from the block on the counter.  I looked at Erik who nodded him head.

     "Erik, me or you?" He looked at me and laughed.  "I think they will be less mad if it's you.  But could be wrong so the choice is yours."  I turned to Dr. Sean who I knew could wreck this whole demonstration.  "No matter what you see do not do anything please trust me its going to be ok."  I waited for his nod before I put my hand down on the coffee table in the living room Erik put his right next to mine. 

     By now all the boys were looking at me strangely.  I raised the knife and stabbed it completely through my hand.  They all screamed in protest,  Dr. Sean's blood drained from his face as he forced himself to stand still.  They protested and pleaded with me to let them help until they realized that no blood was coming from my hand.  The knife was just standing there through my palm.  I then pointed to Erik's hand, who had blood pouring from the palm where an open wound could be seen.  "Sang can you finish now this hurts like a bitch!"  Oops.

     I pull the knife from my palm and show the boys there was no wound before I picked up Erik's hand where the wound was and blew on it.  As my breath landed on the wound it closed itself up. 

     I turn back to the group of boys and calmly said, "Okay, now that's out of the way are there any questions? Like I said earlier what ability would you like I can see if I have it stored.  It will be a one shot but after what he did to Erik I would use them all to get even with him."

     "Yes Miss Sang, that is a very strong ability, I'm not sure its one you can control.  How old were you when it manifested? Were you an early bloomer or late? I'm mentally trying to figure out approximately how many abilities you have catalogued inside of you.  How many do you have currently?  I still would like to know what Erik's ability is since you can't mimic it."  Mr. Asshole said.  We are so starting off on the wrong foot.

     I turn to the rest of the boys, "Does everyone feel the same way here?"  I look emploringly at each of them.  The two big ones were refusing to look me in the eye.  The red head had his head down.  Gabriel was still staring lovingly at my hair I think.  The blond who if I remember was named Lucian was looking at me and smiling a crooked grin almost like he was imagining the trouble we can get in.  Dr. Sean was finally regaining his color back from earlier but had a smile on his face. "Gabriel what do you think, can I trust Mr Blackbourne? Be truthful please because he can forget this conversation happened.  He can be ignorant in still thinking I control fire if you think he can be a threat to Erik and I.  I may just say screw it and move us somewhere else.  I can do that one still."

     "I don't know honestly trouble but please please don't leave me.  If you have to leave take me with you.  I finally found another partner in crime please don't take that fun away. You me and Luke are going to pull so many pranks if you only stay please." He turned his soulfully sad looking blue eyes and started to pout.  I was having a hard time holding my laughter in.

     "Mr Coleman, please quit distracting Miss Sang until this is resolved.  Miss Sang if you could answer my questions we can continue to plan our revenge."  I'm really not liking him.

    "Of course Mr Blackbourne, I was 7 or 8 when we manifested our abilities, or was it 9.  I'm not really certain which.  I'm not really sure how many abilities either if you can tell me what you want I can feel my powers in my aura and tell you if I can do it or not.  I am not aware most of the time when I mimic one it just comes to me like I'm a magnet or something.  I am able to do everything every one of you in this room can do and then some if that answers anything.  Even if I used your ability before now I got it back when I made contact with you again.  Now what are we going to do about Kota and Victor and what are you going to do with me after this is over Mr. Blackbourne?"  I swallowed in fear but tried to keep that expression from my face.

     "To be honest I'm not certain yet what I'm going to do.  I am required to contact headquarters and inform them of your existence.  It will then be up to the elders if they want to recruit you or contain you."

    I heard every voice in the room protest in various fashions.  Of fuck no you ain't taking my baby away! From North? I will not obey. You will have to go through me first to get to her.  Silas? I'll take her and hide her first, she's my AG! Lucian with his smile bright.  What AG meant I had no clue but he was protesting that was good enough.  Don't make me fight you! This was Nathan I think.  Owen, think this through.  You know that's not the best action right now.  You need to assess more.  Dr. Sean has my back too.  Gabriel floored me though as he walked over to me grabbed my shoulders then licked the side of my face from my jaw to my hair line. Mine! If you send her away you have to send me too.

     Mr. Blackbourne cleared his throat and calmly informed us that he will take everything into consideration and will inform us when he makes a decision.  I can sense he is telling the truth so let it go for now. 

     Gabriel and Lucian are jumping up and down holding hands.  They grab my hands and I start jumping too.  Why I'm not really sure.  "We are going to have so much fun.  We have a new partner in crime Luke isn't that great!"  Gabriel chants.  Luke that's the blonds name I'm gonna have to remember that. 

******  I know I was going to go over the plan in this update but Mr Blackbourne ambushed me last minute and demanded that this happened first.  I couldn't refuse.  Next update will plan the revenge. As usual any error or problems please let me know.  Happy New Year to you all as well.  I wish you all happiness and good health in the future and of course most importantly love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

411K 24.6K 73
This story is the fanfiction version of In The Shadows written by the amazing Katydids. It is now an original, with a completed first book and the be...
Runaways By Ren

Fanfiction

67K 4.5K 27
This is an Academy Fan-fiction. So, if you haven't read the books then you probably won't get this at all. The characters are all CL Stone's and the...
177K 10.5K 42
COMPLETED Mad: •Insane •Very angry •Great, remarkable Sang Sorenson is mad. Very mad. But growing up in the mafia with an abusive family, who wouldn'...
187K 12.7K 70
Cover by @theWritersed - they are super amazing!! Sang spent her childhood waiting for the next punishment and the next letter. One brought her pain...