Nico Di Angelo and the Goblet...

By HappiestOfDays

Camp half-blood is in chaos. Camp Jupiter just can't think straight anymore. Why? Because the only demigod so... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Nico di Angelo and the Fallen King

Chapter Twenty - End

10.1K 454 211
By HappiestOfDays

The next few hours after Dumbledore's memorial to Cedric were long and painful. Everyone was in a somber mood. Even Draco wasn't being his usual self, in fact he hadn't done as much as sneer at Harry all day. And speaking of Harry, he looked worse than most. I can tell that he didn't get any sleep last night, I hadn't been able to either. Every time I closed my eyes, I could see Cedric smiling at me, and then entering the maze. As he left I would try to call out to him, to warn him... but then I would wake up again drenched in sweat. I sigh as I finish brushing my teeth and splash cold water on my face. Looking up into the mirror, my reflexion stares back at me, and for the first time I realize just how much I've changed since I came to Hogwarts. My hair looks healthier and shorter since I cut it around a month ago. My skin has finally returned to normal after my tartarus experience, of course I'm still pale, but at least it's not that sickly shade of green anymore. I've actually been eating decent meals at Hogwarts, the food is much too good to pass on. Now that I think about it, I can probably use the plates back at camp to conjure up some of the Hogwarts famous dishes. Maybe I'll even be able to get butterbear or firewhiskey. I smile at the thought of still having a little piece of Hogwarts with me when I leave. But unfortunately, I don't know if this is going to help me, or make me feel even more homesick when I leave.

I meet Harry and the others down in the great hall where breakfast has just appeared on the long tables. Today there is an especially wide variety of food, with me and the other two schools leaving. I look down the length of the table to see waffles, pancakes, crepes, baked oatmeal, and eggs and sausages and so much more. Even I can't help but lick my lips anxiously as I pile the food on my plate. By the time I've started eating, Ron has already tore through half his plate and is still shoveling spoonful after spoonful into his mouth. Hermione rolls her eyes and starts a conversation with Ginny, who is sitting beside her. I chuckle at the two's familiar routine and finish my food in silence. It isn't awkward though, I just spend the time looking around and enjoying the castle for what might sadly be the last time. After I finish eating I leave the table with Harry who offered to help me pack my things. I change out of my robes and into my trademark black skinny jeans and (definitely not trademark) dark red t-shirt with the words "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus" which is obviously latin for "Don't tickle a sleeping dragon" written in gold. Dumbledore gave it to me just yesterday after the memorial. He had thought that since I would not be wearing my robes around camp, I might want something else to remember my time at Hogwarts.

My job was originally to learn more of Voldemort and his horcruxes so that father can take care of them easier. It is very possible that I will have to go on more quests to figure out what objects he used and where they are, but I doubt that I will ever be going back to Hogwarts. Plus I believe in the prophecy that was given to Harry. I believe that in the end, it is Harry who must defeat Voldemort.

I look up at said wizard who smiles in return. Together we finish putting all of my things (my robes, normal clothes, Christmas presents, etc) into my black backpack. Hecate put a spell on it so that the inside is much bigger than the outside, so that I can easily carry around all of my things. I strap my wand around my wrist and hang my sheathed sword on my belt like I always have done and we leave the common room together, laughing and talking. We speak of me leaving, and when I can use my floo powder to visit. And we talk about normal things too, like quidditch and what we will be doing over the summer. I realize that in many ways, wizards, demigods and even muggles are all very similar. We share the same emotions. We all feel love, sadness, joy, pain... when you think about it we have a lot more in common than most people will claim we do.

The entire school, plus the other two schools are all gathered outside, saying their goodbyes. Some people are hugging and shaking hands, others are crying, there are even those who aren't participating at all and are standing off to the side. I see Viktor kissing Hermione's hand and telling her to write to him. I smirk as she blushes and then Viktor spots me and walks over.

"You do know she's going to end up with Weasley, right?" I say bluntly and he sighs.

"Yes. It's obvious they like each other." He says sadly. "I'm not going to get my hopes up for a chance with her, and I'm not nearly as close to her as Ron... but still I cannot help but falling in love with her. I'm just trying to spend time with her before it's to late." He says and my eyes widen at my best friend. To think that a rich, talented guy like Viktor would out of hundreds of girls, choose the muggleborn, geeky, bossy Gryffindor girl... it makes me realize just how decent of a guy Viktor is. And my respect for him raises, even more than should be possible. Suddenly I feel someone jump on my back and wrap their legs around my waist, like a parent would carry their young child. I stumble for a few moments but easily manage to regain my balance. I look back over my shoulder to see, as I expected, Fleur laughing and leaning over my shoulders. Most of the people around us turn to look at us weirdly, but I don't care.

"I'm going to miss you guyssssss!" Fleur sings out and I laugh.

"But Fleur, we have drachmas to contact each other and besides, our cruise is only in a few weeks!" I remind her and her face lights up.

"Oh yeah! I can't wait to meet Will." She says excitedly, Viktor nods in agreement. And I'm excited for them to meet him too. Honestly I think that the vacation is going to be really fun.

"Thanks you two. Really, this year wouldn't have been the same without you." I say, hugging them and they both smile at me, then at each other. After a few minutes of our group hug, I say goodbye one last time and they both run to catch up with their schools. I see Viktor hop onto the ship and Fleur enter the carriage. I smile as I walk over to the golden trio and past many other students who are spread out on the bridge, watching as the guests begin to leave. My hellhound appears beside me as I say his summoning words and the wave of students on the bridge part in the middle so that I may walk through. I finally reach Harry, Hermione and Ron and run to hug them. They look surprised at my sudden display of affection but accept my hug happily anyway. When I pull away, Harry notices my dog and jumps in surprise.

"So, did you name him yet, or does that Leo guy get to?" He asks and Ron and Hermione look at me curiously.

"Nah, I'd never let him name Diggory." I say with a smile as I reach up to pat his head.

"Diggory?" Hermione asks. "As in Cedric, right?" I nod at her, of course Hermione would realize it right away.

"Well, I only ever had three conversations with the guy, and two of them were arguments. But still, before he entered that maze, it seemed as if we could have become friends. And I feel like I own him at least this much, because we will never be able to become good friends like we'd said. I'll be able to remember him this way." I explain sadly as I look at Diggory. He looks back at me and tilts his head to the side, his tongue flopping out.

"Anyway safe travels, mate." Ron says. "Try not to get yourself bloody killed on that thing." He laughs and we join him. I then climb on Diggory's back, gaining the attention of several students. Draco Malfoy is one of them. "See you later, smirk buddy! I'll come visit you sometime!" I shout and he nods, a small smirk on his face and I smirk back jokingly and then wave to the students one last time, before Diggory runs and jumps off of the bridge. And as I fall, I see the last glimpses of a beautiful carriage in the sky, and the top of a mast disappear below the water's surface.

- - - - - -

As the raven haired boy and his dog jump off of the Hogwarts bridge, the many students who came to watch run to look over the edge. The golden trio are among these people, who smile at their strange friend, who always feels the need to show off. And even though he is stubborn and secretive, not to mention a smartass, they really do love him. And they know that they will see him again.

Draco Malfoy is among these people, he chuckles to himself at his dramatic friend, the first and quite possibly only Gryffindor who he will ever dare call a friend. They have a lot in common, and Draco will wait until the day they meet again, and they can once again act dramatic and embarrass strangers and smirk until their cheeks hurt.

Severus Snape is among these people, who smiles, although he would never let anyone see, at his younger brother. He had promised Nico to visit him at camp this summer, and he will keep this promise. He happily thinks of the lake and children at camp, and his heart skips a beat at the thought of going back for the first time in years. Yes, he would see Nico soon enough.

Cedric Diggory, although no one can see him, is among these people. He laughs joyfully at the name Nico decided to give his hellhound. Now that Cedric has died, he even already was able to pass into the underworld. And because Hades had seen how pure his heart was, and because he knew that Nico cared about him, he let him into Elysium. But only on the condition that Cedric would work in Hades palace, helping the ruler of the underworld with the mountains of paperwork he had to do daily. And of course Hades had to explain the Greek world to Cedric as well, he had decided to save his son the trouble. Cedric smirked to himself as he thought of Nico's reaction when he saw him in his father's palace. Oh he would certainly be seeing Nico di Angelo soon. Maybe they could become friends after all.

Just as Nico and his dog were about to hit the water, they transformed into a black shadow and disappeared. There were some gasps and excited sounds from the crowd of students as the mysterious and strange but friendly wizard disappeared from view. And although he was only close to some of the students, and even was feared by a few, he took a bit of the happiness and magic with him that day. And Hogwarts would never forget Nico di Angelo. For there would be many more adventures to come.

And Nico would be a crucial part of every one.

- - - - - -

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Oh my gods. I'm done. Wow, I'm actually done!

Okay so now I honestly don't really know what to say. Okay thank you all so much for the votes, comments and just for clicking on my story in the first place. This is my first finished story on Wattpad and I put a lot of time and effort into this story, for you guys and because I love to write! Now that I have edited the story, if anyone has still noticed any grammar errors, please do tell me.

This series "Two dark lords" will be three books in total. This book, the first which is "Nico di Angelo and the Goblet of Fire" passes through the goblet of fire. The second book passes through both the order of the phoenix and the half-blood prince. Finally the last book passes through the deathly hallows, all the way to the end. The release date for book two is sunday the 17th of January, keeping in mind that I still have to add details to the plot and have the cover made. I hope that the wait will be worth it! Thanks again for supporting me, leave your final opinions on my book in the comments if you're up to it, I love you guys!

-Rhea

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.7K 1.8K 8
Jason came in, and Nico nervously turned to him, "Look, Jason... I... I think your amazing. Your eyes are brighter than any spirit, you're cute, you'...
17.2K 326 21
the berk forest clan werewolfs and the vampires are teleported to a theater to watch the future but what will happen? find out in how to train your v...
663K 33.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
74.7K 2.3K 12
*Complete* Robin is dead. At least, that's what everyone thought. He's been working in the shadows, trying to stop something big that's going down. ...