Seeing Is Believing

By AmaraHartwig

Supernatural fan fiction Highly inaccurate Alternate Universe SPN Fan Fiction I should say... I started writ... More

Strange Places
Sealed With A Kiss
First Sunday
I See Dead People
"Dead Men Can't Perform Exorcisms."
One Last Time

Social Skills

0 0 0
By AmaraHartwig

A/N
I was going to put my alternative beginning but after I read through it, it was bad so I decided against it. On another note, I'd like to welcome WAlbanito to Wattpad! Feel free to check his works out! I read the beginning of one of his stories he emailed me and got CHILLS!!! I really hope he posts that one!

The room was a decent size, but it didn't have much for decor. Naya had a roommate, but she was in church right now. How long did church last? It was already eleven. Maybe it started late? Naya always thought it started at eight in the morning. She was not going to sit in a pew for three hours. Dean looked around the room in disgust.

"I've seen motel rooms with more up to date decor than this. I'm sending you an AC/DC poster. To get something on these walls. What the hell is this?" He asked, pointing to a colorless canvas. It had several shades of gray. But the message behind of it was uncertain. What a strange, rich person idea of art.

"Please don't."

"Would you rather have Justin Bieber?"

"Who?"

"Good. I raised you well." Her dad was so old and his music taste was so ancient. Mike stood up.

"We need to go. Duty calls." He passed the tablet to their dad. Naya sighed and glared at that damn thing. It was always getting in the way of their rare bonding time. Dean gave her a hug.

"Stay safe, baby girl. Remember everything I taught you. You never know when you're going to need it." He choked up a bit. He's never left either of his kids alone for such a long period of time. Hell his dad never left him and his brothers alone for this long! Adam saw their dad more frequently than he would be seeing Naya as soon as they left campus.

"Yes, dad. I know." She really didn't but one day she would. Mike have her a short tight hug. After their goodbyes, the Winchester boys left the premises.

There was only one good thing about the long, curvey and annoying driveway. The next time Dean would be on it, would be to see his little girl again. "Did it feel weird in there?" Mike shrugged.

"I've never been to a school before."

"No, like wrong weird."

"You know what she said. It needs to be done. I put salt by the door and windows. She'll be okay."

"Good. I gave her a spare phone." Students weren't allowed to have cellular devices or any other unsupervised technology to contact friends and family. It was strange, but come on. When did Dean Winchester ever listen to the rules?

For once she was really alone. Her dad and brother never left her alone for long periods of time. Her mother was always there with her. She always knew they would be back within a few hours. But now minutes felt like decades. She thought she'd never seen them again. She felt abandoned. First her mom left and now this? The tears streamed down her face and she got cold. She rubbed her arms with her hands trying to get warm. A girl stood in the doorway, watching her. She had black hair and was thin. She wore hipster clothes. Naya got up and slammed the door. The girl knocked on the door. "Go away!"

"Naya Winchester?" Naya opened the door. The wind from the swoosh of the door blew both girls hair.

"How do you know my name." Naya demanded. When someone knew hey last name, bad things would follow shortly after.

"I-I'm Mindy. You're roommate." Naya settled. "Do you need a moment?" The girls voice sounded sweet and nervous. Naya composed herself and shook her head.

"I'll be fine." Mindy still didn't enter the room, she stayed outside shuffling her feet awkwardly. "You can come in... It was your place first." Mindy looked down at the salt line. Most people were only hesitant when they thought it was Cocaine. "It's just salt."

"I'm allergic." Naya made a face. "It's a pretty common allergy actually. You can Google it."

"Step over it."

"I'm afraid the particles will rise up and hit my skin, causing a reaction." She had no skin exposed besides her wrists and face. Naya cautiously walked over to clean the salt. Before she knew it Mindy was already behind her.

"Whoa!"

"I just needed enough to clear a path. There's more, by the window." Mindy chewed on her nails.

"Figures." Naya muttered. "Sorry my family's so insane." Mindy winced.

"Mine is much worse, I'm sure." Naya replied with an awkward laugh, Mindy's face remained serious, not even a small upturn of a smirk at the edges. "I'm supposed to get you for lunch."

"Oh, okay cool." Naya got off the floor and walked out the door. "You coming?" She asked, when she realized Mindy wasn't following. She was still sitting on her bed, with her hands awkwardly placed in her lap. Mindy shook her head.

"I usually stay away from the social scene. But you can still go."

"Nah, it's fine. My dad bought me my Last Supper. How often do you get burgers here?" Mindy close her eyes and smiled, reminiscing on memories. From that look, Naya knew they would soon only be a memory to her ad well. Great.

"Not often. I miss Bogo's Burgers."

"That's where we went!"

"I didn't know that place was still standing." Why wouldn't it be? There was a short awkward silence, but after that they continued talking and getting to know each other. Mindy was really into art and painted the dull painting on the wall that Dean had pointed out earlier. Naya didn't tell Mindy what they thought of it. Mindy even helped Naya unpack. "You have more salt than anyone I know." She said, laughing.

"I wish I could say it's for my fries, but as my dad showed you, there's more reason behind it." Mindy shrugged it off.

"Every family has their quirks. I don't pry." Thank God. Naya flipped through the manual. No cell phones. Sorry. What the school didn't know wouldn't hurt them. She'd have to use the phone her dad packed when Mindy wasn't around. She may not pry, but she could still be a snitch. Naya would take visits to office to make calls also to not appear too suspicious.

Classes started at ten in the morning. Not too early. The girls didn't have any classes together but Mindy said they'd still see each other throughout the day. "It's probably best if you don't tell the others I'm hour roommate." Naya made a puzzled face. Why act like her only friend didn't exist? She figured it had to do with bullying...or embarrassment.. Oh well, she never had any friends before. Why start acting like she did now?

Having no actual education prior to this, classes were difficult. She understood some math, she obviously knew how to read and write and did pretty good in hey science course. The math was super advanced though! It wasn't basic it was much more complex and very useless to the real world. History was also useless. The people were dead. Why waste time studying them? When she got hungry and tried to leave class to go to the cafeteria she got yelled at. Apparently it was frowned upon to get up during a pointless class and get some grub and relieved natural bodily functions. This place was like a prison. She'd rather be at home were she was free to eat burgers and pee whenever she felt the need! F you, lady! Naya was going to have to ask Dean to send some Bacon Cheddar Chips. Ooh that sounded good right now. Her stomach growled at the thought. She'd also have to yell at him for not teaching her anything.

Algebra was the absolute worst! Her family believed in some pretty strange things, but this broke the scale. Normal people were weird. She didn't even know how to ask for help. She would just have to wait until she had free time to ask the Adviser to put her into a different and more basic math class.

Unfortunately when she did go to switch classes, it wasn't possible. She was already in the most basic class the school had to offer. The Adviser suggested she get s tutor. Naya thought about it, but would first see if Mindy could help her. Come to think of it, she hadn't seen Mindy since breakfast. Naya supposed it was because they had different schedules. She looked for Mindy at lunch in the cafeteria, but no luck. She recognized a few faces from classes she had earlier that day, but didn't make any effort to sit by them or start conversation. She sat down at a random table. No one talked to her, they just looked at her, then back to their food and continued conversing. She hurried to finish her lunch and went back to the Adviser's office. The Adviser looked surprised to see her back. Naya gave a small nervous smile.

"Ms. Winchester. Why aren't you in the cafeteria?" Naya shrugged.

"No one to talk to I guess. Can I call my dad?" The Adviser gave her a small understanding smile and let her make the call.

Dean had just laid down to get some rest when his phone rang. It was the school. "Hey Tristen. How's she doing?"

"Daddy?" Naya's sweet and innocent little girl voice said. Dean went from lying down to shooting straight up.

"Naya. Hi." Mike looked at his dad. Could she finally see? "I see. I'm sorry. I never thought it was important. Now you'll be able to learn like everyone else." He tried to sound encouraging.

"But I know nothing!"

"Naya, sweetie. You'll be fine." Tristen took the phone from Naya and started talking with Dean.

"I suggested she get a tutor." Dean sighed. It seemed like a good idea if she really was that far behind. When Naya was put back on the phone he encouraged her to look into tutoring and she said she'd give it a go.

"Atta girl! Want to talk to Mike?" There was a pause. " Alright. I'll tell him you called. Bye, Nay. Love you kiddo. Keep us posted." Thanks sis.

Naya still didn't want a tutor but decided to give it a go. Mindy waited in the library with her. Naya didn't have one problem on her "math" worksheet done. She went over the chapter in her text book over and over again but none of it made sense. "A lot's changed." Mindy said quietly, as if talking to herself.

"What?"

"Our classes are so different. I'm in an advanced class."

"Shouldn't you know this then?"

"I'm sure I know it. I just don't want to do more math than I already have to." Naya laughed.

"I hear ya." She rubbed her arms. God, it was so cold in this school! In certain areas of it anyway. She was about to start complaining, until she realized Mindy had left. So much for a "see ya". A guy sat next to her.

" Naya Winchester, right?" She looked at him. Black hair, tan skin, perfect teeth and the most gorgeous brown eyes she had ever seen in her life. He was cute. She nodded. "I'm Matthew. Your History tutor." Tutors were hot? This hot? Mindy said she'd be able to help with History, but Naya was going to play dumb for a bit to get this guy to stay.

"Actually, I, uh... Uh.... Um..." She went from really cold to really hot and sweaty. She never talked to a real boy before. Her dad and Mike didn't count.

"First year Algebra, huh?" He picked up the worksheet. She didn't say anything, embarrassed that she was too stupid to figure out a single problem on that damn sheet. She didn't want to look at him. She just looked across to where a man was sitting, watching her. She matched his gaze. What was he staring at her for? "My roommate's pretty good with Algebra and all things math related. I could see if he could help?" Matthew offered.

"Maybe. Thanks."

"Want to come up to my room and have him work his magic?" She didn't know too much about boys, but she knew enough to not trust that statement. Her dad told her if a guy ever said something like that to her he was going to salt and burn him and put his balls into a jar for any other stupid punk to see. He'd even salt and burn the balls if he had to.

"Uh..."

"Or I could have him meet us down here." He said, sensing her discomfort. She nodded. "No guarantees. He hates this place. It gives him the creeps." She nodded again. It was a creepy place. Then again the entire school was. She wanted to stay in the very public library though.

Jimmy never came down, but Matthew stayed and helped her with History. She caught on pretty quick. She was actually starting to enjoy it. It was like her English and Literature classes, except for the stories were real. It was still a pointless class, but she enjoyed it. "Wow, you won't need me for long." Crap. Would that mean he would leave?

"Don't jinx me now." She joked. He laughed.

"Sorry, my bad. How you liking this place? It's your first day, right?" She nodded, chewing on the end of her pen. She told him it was her first time receiving proper education. She told him about how she was raised-minus the part about her family's crazy obsession with everything that goes bump in the night. "Your family sound so cool! I wish I could travel and only learn what's really useful! Why couldn't I be born into your family?" Because the stuff I want to do to you would be illegal. She thought. She made her second friend that day, now the only lesson she was interested in was how to turn friend into boyfriend.

"Probably because you're too cool to be my brother and my uncle died. That's all we had to our little family." She said too much. His expression turned serious.

"I'm sorry. That has to be hard."

"No big deal. I never really knew him. Or anyone in my family besides my dad, brother and mom. But she's gone now too." She looked back down at the papers.

"That has to make it worse."

"I'm not looking for pity." Her voice was hard.

"I'm not trying to give it." She rolled her eyes and got up and left. He called her name. It was nice to hear her name leave his lips three times, but she didn't come for friends. She wasn't even sure why she stayed so long anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He watched her leave the library and shook his head. Naya Samantha Winchester, you are so much like your father. Not one to make friends. Tristen said something to the boy. The boy gave a small, barely believable smile. The boy tried to get her to stay, but Naya was stubborn. Come on, girl! Give him a chance! Another study session was definitely in order. He talked with Tristen and she assured him she would make Naya take a full two week study session.

A/N
What are your thoughts? Are the Supernatural Police going to arrest me for my inaccuracy? Or am I doing good so far? Ha-ha! I promise, promise, promise this will get more interesting! Who do you think is watching her?
Also, new cast member!!!!
Matthew: Josh Levya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 394 32
'Bad Boys Ain't Good But Good Boys Ain't No Fun.' "Don't look, but it's the king of being horny behind you." I automatically looked behind me, making...
67K 1.8K 56
Please note: this book is now finished and I hope you like it. (Y/N) was a semi-normal teenage girl. Ya'know all except for the fact that she hunts s...
195 2 23
This world is a lot more freaky than we think. There are things watching from every direction possible and countless creatures lurking in the shadows...
4.2K 54 48
Sam's p.o.v- My heart beat loudly in my ears. A soft smile played on my lips as I kissed all over her forehead, face, anywhere I could. She nuzzle...