Hiding in Plain Sight (Slowly...

By uuuuume9909

This is going to be Sang and Erik's third move in as many years. They have to think of a way to protect them... More

To start off by saying
Sang and Erik
The Dinner "Date" (WHAT!!!)
Up In Flames
You Call That a Smile
Nefarious Laughter, Really
Looking Eye to Eye
Letting Sleeping Bears Rest
Lit Candles
Turned Upside Down
Keeping Secrets?
Storming the Castle
Partners in Crime
Accidentally on Purpose?
All's Fair in Love & War
A Dish Best Served Cold
Having Fun Zombie Style
What is Reality?
Cloud gazing???
Baby Bear sized Hugs
A.M & F.M
Feeding an Army
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Oopsie...
Note! Not an update yet!?!
Let the games begin
Expressions
Oh what a tangled web...
Truth?

Scrambling Eggs

1.6K 152 25
By uuuuume9909

**** I am going to be shifting through multiple povs so if it becomes too confusing let me know and I will fix it. I went back and edited her nickname for Erik.  I realized I was not consistent so changed that.

Sang's POV

     I had a strange feeling like someone was watching me.  When I looked toward the window no one was there though so I must be paranoid since we have no power.  I snuggled more to Erik's warmth and dozed back to sleep. 

     The sun was shining down on me as I stretched myself awake.  Erik's soft snores greeted me as I looked up at him.  I chuckled to myself,  he was like a bear hibernating.  I could probably jump on the bed and he would stay asleep.  I knew what would wake him up.  I was going to make him breakfast.  Last night before I went to bed after finding out about the power I had shifted the food to the old house's refrigerator.  I projected the butter, eggs, bacon and cheese back for me to make omelets with but I completely forgot we were out of milk.  I know I could always make milk appear but I decided this is my new start.  I was going to go to a neighbor's house and see if I can borrow a cup.

    I shifted my clothes to a basic pair of pink shorts and a white and pink tank.  I made pink flip flop appear on my feet.  Now to decide what house to go to as I opened the front door and walked out.  Across the street a young girl was walking out with a dog on its leash.  Well that answers my question.  I walk toward the girl with a smile on my face.  "Hi, my name's Sang I just moved in do you happen to know if you have a cup of milk I can get to make breakfast.  I'm not sure exactly where the grocery store is yet.  Maybe you can show me later?"

     The girl was about 14 but already about an inch or so taller than me.  "Hi Sang, I'm Jessica this here is Max. I was just letting him potty.  Wanna walk with me for a few minutes then we can go see if mom has any milk."

     "Sure just let me run inside and leave a note in case my brother wakes up and freaks because he can't find me."  I run inside and shifted paper and pen and left a note on the table Gone across street for milk for breakfast walking dog with Jessica who lives there first so either outside or across street be home soon I love you.

     As I jogged out the front door Jessica was standing there waiting for me at the end of the driveway.  "I have an older brother too so I completely understand."

     I just laughed, "How much older is your brother though?  Bet my dilemma is worse." 

     "My brother is 17,  I'm only 14. So he's 3 years older than me.  How about you, how old are you and your brother?"  I knew that my answer is probably going to shock her. 

      "I'm almost 17.  My brother is 14 minutes older than me. Even though he acts like my father most of the time. Which is why I call him papa bear.  If you want you can come over later and meet him once he wakes up.  That's why I was making breakfast in hopes of waking his butt up. Maybe he will become friends with your brother, that would be perfect.  Then we both would have made new friends today." I smiled a bright smile toward her.   She smiled back at me. 

    "Come on lets go to the house now.  We can get milk or we can go to your house and wake your brother up and you can both have breakfast with us."  That could be good to meet more people our age maybe we can make friends before school starts. 

    "That's a great idea, do you think your mom will mind? How about I'll go wake up my grizzly bear and you ask your mom?  As soon as you know head this way and as soon as I get him awake we will head that way. "  She agreed and ran with Max toward her house. 

    I walked to the door and opened it to be blasted by "SANG MELODY SORENSON where the hell are you?" Great the grizzly is already awake that will make this easier.  "I'm downstairs grumpy." 

     Erik comes storming down the stairs. "You weren't here when I woke up how am I supposed to protect you and take care of you if I don't know where you are?"

     I fealt a little guilty but didn't back down instead I got right in his face, "If you would have come down here you would have known that I was outside and with Jessica who instead of getting me milk invited us to breakfast with her and her family.  I left a note in plain sight if you had come down here instead of being a lazy ass and yelling.  You didn't even mind speak before now if you had again you would have known.  So don't start with me I'm done with being weak.  I can take care of myself if I wanted to you know.  Now either go upstairs and get dressed or let me know what you want to wear so I can change it for you."

     He looked at me with awe in his expression and I could feel the pride dripping off of him.  "Okay baby bear can you change me to cargo denim shorts and a pink polo just for you since i know you love that color.  I'll put on my own shoes.  I am so proud of you, you're not gonna need me anymore soon.  I don't know how I feel about that but that's for me to work through."

     "Oh grumpy bear I will always need you we are two of a kind remember, a package deal.  You will always be there for me just like I will always be here for you.  Even when you're married with kids I will still only be a mind whisper away."  I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his chest modifying his clothes as I hugged him.  My back was to the kitchen window so was surprised when Erik said softly, "Baby there is a girl with brown hair and glasses headed this way is that your Jessica?"   I pulled away from him and squealed in delight, "Yes, wait until you meet her she is adorable.  Her brothers our age so you will have someone to hang with to its perfect come on let's go."

Kota's POV

     Victor and I are watching her through her kitchen window.  It looks like they are arguing, I wish I could read lips then I could at least know what he's saying.  She then gets right in his face and it looks like he's happy about it.  He is one strange dude.  What red blooded male is happy when the woman they love fights with them.  It looks like he said baby and love, no this is not good.  I turn away from the window for a minute.  It sounded like my front door closed.  Where could mom or Jess be going this time of morning?  "Oh no Kota we may have a problem.  Why is your sister walking to her door.  The girl was just hugging him so apparently they made up.  Wait Jess is knocking on the door.  When did Jessica meet our girl because they are now hopping up and down I can imagine squealing while hugging each other.  She now is introducing Jess to him.  We need to get out there.  Wait they are coming this way what do we do? Do I look okay?"

    Since when did Victor start acting like Gabe?  This is just crazy.  I grab my phone and text Mr B.  Contact has been initiated but oddly by my sister.  Her and the male are currently on the way to my house how do I proceed?

     He quickly replied back,  Proceed with caution try to keep control of Victor get our information and report back asap.

    Yes sir, will do.  Ok I can do this.  I take a deep breath in and exhale slowly.  Now to control variables,  "I am sorry I have to do this but Victor you are to control your temper while around both of them.  If at anytime you think you may lose your cool you are to tap your fingers on the table and I will take control is that okay with you or should I compulseyou to do that?"

     "I can do that just if I tap control me quick I don't know how much control I will have with another flamer so close.  I will tap when I start to feel it slip."  I nod my head in acknowledgement. 

    "Dakota, Victor we have guests for breakfast please come down to meet them and eat."  My mother yelled from the base of the stairs. 

    I look over to Victor and through my eyes reassure him we can do this.  He nods his head and heads toward the stairs to go down. 

Sang's POV

     After Erik got Jessica and I to stop fangirling we started to walk across the street with me holding each their hands swinging them childishly. Erik mind whispered, "Sang, I know you never really got to have many friends or a childhood but was that completely necessary.  My ears are still ringing from your high pitched squeals.  Remind me to hide when she comes over."  I let go of Erik's hand and sway his chest gently with the back of my hand blasting him back, "Play nice or you won't be hearing for days."  He looked back at me with shock. 

      We walked through the front door behind Jess, I need to remember that's what she wants me to call her, to find myself swallowed into a hug.  The woman looked similar to Jess with dark brown hair slightly graying at her temples with deep green eyes.  "Hello and welcome.  I'm Jessica's mom, Erica, you can either call me Erica or Mom all my kids friends do.  I will answer to either." 

     "Good morning Erica, my name is Erik Norris, and this is my sister Sang Sorenson.  We just moved across the street.  We got in late last night and didn't realize the power wasn't on yet.  Thank you very much for your hospitality to invite us to breakfast.  Sang and Jessica seem to have instantly bonded much to my ear drums dismay.  I understand you have a son our age.  I would love to meet him."  Oh my diplomatic brother strikes again she'll be wrapped around his finger within minutes.  Cue dimple, as my brother flashes his blinding smile.

      "I don't know if he's both your age, but he's 17. You must be close to that right Erik?"  Erica gushed.  "Actually I'm a day older but yes we will be 17 in a few months." 

    "Excuse me 14 minutes Erik just because you were born at 11:58 while I was born right after midnight does not constitute a whole day" I stomped my foot in frustration.

     Erica gushed at me, "Oh you are just the cutest little thing, you should date my Dakota.  You would be adorable together.  Jessica why don't you lead your guests into the kitchen while I call down Dakota and Victor."

     "I didn't realize Victor was here too," Jessica says while soothing her hair down and straightening her clothes.  Oh I think my new friend has a crush on Victor whoever that is.  I might have to help her in getting his attention.  That's what friends do I think.  I've never really had one other than Erik. 

    Jess led us to a large table already filled with bowls of food.  I sat down where she indicated with her on one side and Erik on my other at the end.  I was feeling a little nervous meeting two teenage boys my age but with Erik by my side and my new abilities I was confident that everything would turn out ok.

     Erik grabbed my hand and gently squeezed as Erica came back and sat at the head of the table opposite Erik leaving two seats opposite Jess and I for her brother and her crush.

     A few minutes later I heard feet coming down stairs and lowered my head tightening my grip on Erik's hand.  "Damn, baby bear, lighten your grip before you break my hand.  Its gonna be ok, take deep breaths come on baby it's ok," I'm surprised Erica hasn't gotten onto him for his language because he said that out loud but she seemed to be paying attention to something else.  I heard two chair scraped across the floor as they both sat down.  I can do this, i reminded myself as I lifted my head to meet those eyes again. 

****  I'm sorry if I have left this at a cliffhanger.  Ok so I'm not really sorry. I will have this resolved in next update that kids pending will be tomorrow.  Hope you all have a great night/day.  Comments about thoughts opinions and errors are greatly appreciated.  Thanks for reading love y'all  <3 B

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 5.4K 23
Fanfiction based on CL Stone's Ghost Bird Series. For years, The Academy boys have kept secrets from Sang Sorenson. First, there were the understanda...
136K 8.9K 53
An Academy Fanfiction about Sang as a little girl and her adventures with her Grandparents. The Blackbourne team are along for the ride as well. I...
86.7K 6.6K 27
This is a fanfic based on CL Stone's Ghost Bird and Scarab Beetle series. There is mature content. Sang and the boys are two years past the As...
411K 24.6K 73
This story is the fanfiction version of In The Shadows written by the amazing Katydids. It is now an original, with a completed first book and the be...