The New Kid (A Korrasami Fanf...

By Airtempleavatar

Asami Sato, Bolin, and Mako are three friends, wishing for someone different to come along. When they meet an... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Not an update
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Comment
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Not an Update
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Not an update
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
AN
Chapter 33

Chapter 1

34K 712 1.4K
By Airtempleavatar

It was a Wednesday afternoon. Republic City High was busy as always. The halls were filled with students.

Some were getting their books from their lockers before hurrying off to get to their next class early. Some were chatting with friends by their lockers. Some couple were making out. Some cheerleaders were fangirling over the jocks of the school.
As for three friends, they were going to eat.

Bolin smiled, a skip in his step.

"I'm so happy it's lunch time", he said in relief. "Back in math, my stomach started to sound like Chewbacca from Star Wars".

Asami smiled at the green eyed guy. She laughed.

"It totally did", she said, grinning. "I'm surprised noone else heard but us".

Mako smirked at the two.

"Maybe it's only heard because we're beat friends and it's best friend bond thing".

The three laughed at the idea.

They were heading to the cafeteria for lunch at the moment. Bolin would starve to death if he didn't eat soon. Said so himself.

The trio walked down the noisy hallway. They passed by a few jocks and cheerleaders.

"Hey", one of the football players called, getting their attention.

They stopped and looked at him. He smirked, looking at Asami.

"You uh, wanna hang out sometime??. I've got a house all to myself for a few days-".

"No", Asami said. "I'll pass".

Asami grabbed Mako and Bolin's hands and dragged them away. The boys looked at eachother. Guys had always done this before. You see, they were kinda the most popular kids in school. Highest in the social pyramid. That kinda thing. So, they got people's attention. Asami got attention from guys. Alot.

But she wasn't a slut like most girls in the school. She had self respect and gently turned them all down.

Asami felt like she could breath once they got to cafeteria. She stopped walking. Taking a deep breath, she let it out.

"I hate that so much", she said, closing her eyes.

"Don't worry", Mako said.

Asami looked at the taller teen.

"We've got chur back", he swore.

Bolin smiled. "Yeah. We won't guys talk to you like that. If anyone bothers you, you come find us or beat them up yourself".

Bolin held up his fists in a stance.

"I know you've got those Sato moves. Quick as a cheeteh, strong as a bear, and deadly as a shark".

Asami smiled. A laugh escaped her mouth.

"Thanks. I needed a good laugh", she said.

The guys smiled. Asami motioned for them to follow. They went over to the lunch line. It was 7th period lunch so there was alot of people. Getting in line, they chatted while a walking.

"So", Asami said. "Anything new with you guys??".

"Nope", Mako said.

Bolin shrugged. "Uhhh....".

He folded his arms, thinking. Asami placed a hand on her hip. She and Mako looked at eachother. They could only guess what would come out of Bolin's mouth this time. Bolin was the jokester in their triad after all. They each had roles in their group. Bolin was the prankster and jokester. Mako was the jock and super smart one. And Asami was the leader and the one that makes sure the guys stayed away from the dark side.

She was also the girl that could kick anyone's ass if need be. Luckily, she'd only needed to do that once.

Bolin tapped his chin. His face lit up suddenly as he thought of something.

"Oh!!", he said. "I saw a ton of squirrels on my front yard yesterday".

Asami raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously??. That's the latest update on Bolin's funtastic world??. You usually have some funny stories to tell or something".

Bolin shrugged. "Well, not today".

Asami smiled. "Me neither. Same old, same old".

"Same", Mako added in. "Get your lunches".

After a few mishaps, an angry lunch lady and a few guys getting into a fight, they were able to sit outside with their pizza.

Asami laughed. "I thought we'd be stuck in there all period".

"Imagine that", Mako said, grinning. "Stuck in line, not able to get your lunch, for the entire period".

Bolin groaned. "Don't even. I would die. You'd get pissed off and yell someone and Asami would walk right passed them and not give a shit".

The three sat there for a moment, looking at eachother. They suddenly bursted out laughing.

"Not give a shit", Asami laughed, clutching her stomach. "That's so true".

Bolin was cracking up. They sat there laughing. They were probably getting stared at from somewhere but they didn't care. They were laughing. Laughter is the best medicine after all.

Asami sighed, calming down. She was happy she had the guys to cheer her up when she needed it. They always made her laugh even when she didn't want to. She looked them to death.

Picking up her pizza, Asami took a bite. Tasting the cheesyness, Asami realized just how hungry she was. 

Bolin was chomping away at his slice of pepperoni pizza. Sauce was all over his cheeks by his fourth bite.

"But still", he said with food still in his mouth. "If you need us for anything, call us up".

"Why call??", Asami asked smirking. "We'll already be with her. We don't exactly have aywhere else to be, bro".

Bolin shrugged. "True. But still. If need be and we're not there, call us up or kick their ass and then call us so we can kick their ass with you".

Bolin crossed his arms, smirking.

"I just realized just how badass we are", he said.

Asami leaned on the table, smiling.

"Yes we are", she agreed. "We'll kick anyone's ass if needed. Especially if I see someone getting bullied".

The boys fisted pounded and gave her a nod. Bolin seemed to only talk with food in his mouth.

"Agreed. Or if someone is getting hurt in general. I see someone in need, we're kicking someone's ass".

Asami laughed. It was true. They would kick someone's ass if someone needed them. Asami was naturally protective of people. Asami has stood up for people in the past. Everyone in school knows not to mess with anyone in school. Because if if get caught hurting someone, and Asami catches you or finds out, you're in trouble.

"Aww".

Asami and Mako looked at Bolin. He had a pout on his face. He was looking down at an empty tray.

"I finished my pizza", he whined. "That was awesome pizza, too".

Asami giggled. She ripped off part of hers and dropped it onto Bolin's tray. When Bolin saw the piece on his tray, he gasped and looked up at Asami with the most exciting smile ever.

He looked like a kid on Christmas. The guy wrapped his strong arms around Asami's tiny frame. Bolin worked out and could easily hurt her if he hugged too hard, so he was careful to give soft hugs when hugging anyone. Though this time it wasn't

"You're the best", he said squeezing her.

Asami smiled. "No problem. You can let me breathe now".

Bolin quickly let go. Asami sucked in air, her lungs desperately needed. She looked at Mako. The guy laughed at her expression. Bolin had tried to kill her.

Asami shook off her daze. She finished the last of her pizza.

"Let's go to the field", she said. "We still got twenty minutes".

They finished their lunches quickly and threw their trash away. Picking up their bags, the trio walked out to the school field. It was mostly empty since almost noone went out there during lunch at that time during school.

They went to their usual spot. By a large cherry blossom tree by the edge of the field.

"So glad to get away from there", she said, putting her bag down.

"You said it", Mako said.

The three laid down on the grass, forming a triangle. They looked up at the sky, using their bags as head rests.
"You know", Bolin said, getting their attention. "Nothing exciting ever really happens here".

"I know right", Asami said.

Bolin sighed. "Just for once, I want something new to happen to us. Something that'll change our lives for the weird. We're never doing anything exciting. Nothing exciting happens to us. It's just so boring".

"Hey", Mako said. "We're not boring".

"I know", Bolin said. He shrugged.

"Just once, I want something different to happen. Maybe have some life changing event happen. But, you know, no death or tragedy".

"You know what I wish??", Mako said.
"What??", Asami said, quietly.

"I wish we could have another person in our group".

"Why??", Bolin asked.

Mako shrugged. "Cause you know. Four is an even number. Plus, I want another person around. Maybe they'll be like us. Funny, loud, smart, maybe mysterious. Maybe....... someone that'll make Asami fall in love with them- ow!!".

Bolin began to crack up. Asami had just hit him.

"Shut up!!", she laughed.

Mako rubbed his arm.

"What??", he said. "It's true".

Asami rolled her eyes. She smiled. Lookimg up at the sky, she sighed.

"I wanna be someone's hero", she said. "I know it sounds corny and stupid-".

"Asami", Bolin interrupted. "Wishful thinking is never stupid. Plus, we don't judge in our group. Remember that. But go on".

Asami giggled. She sighed.

"I just....... people, other than you guys, think I need to date someone who will protect me and be my bodyguard and be there to comfort me when I'm sad and do all these cute things for me".

Her eyes lowered as she talked. "But I want someone that I can do those things for them. I don't want anyone to be my knight in shining armor. I want to be someone's knight".

"Wow", Mako said. "Very thought provoking. That was deep".

Asami smiled. She shrugged. "Just had that on my mind for a while now".

"Well who knows", Bolin said, grinning. "The person we're looking for is probably is probably in the near future. That's why I like to keep my eyes and ears open. Who knows who'll be our new addition to our. Maybe they'll be a girl. I hope they are. Then they could be Asami's princess needing to be rescused".

Asami laughed. "Yeah. The damsel in distress and having three knights wearing jeans, flannel shirts, holding minecraft swords".

The three laughed.

"But seriously", Bolin said suddenly. "Imagine us saving someone's life. That would mind blowing".

Asami smiled. Them??. Heroes??.

"Wishful thinking, bro", Mako said. "Wishful thinking".

Let me know what you guys think of this. I hope I can make this story worth reading. Thanks for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 991 23
The story start as Korra and Asami enter the Spirit world. We will find the relationship of Korra and Asami bloom as they encounter new enemies and g...
73.4K 2.3K 17
Korra's only childhood friend(Y/N) is found after two years when she moves to Republic City for her airbending training. (Y/N), although a non-bender...
199K 3.4K 28
One night-stand. It's a familiar word. How about a two-night stand? Three maybe? Korra and Asami's drunken mistake led them to have the best night of...
81.2K 2.3K 42
The Avatar has gone missing for 18 years, where is she now? No one knows. Asami Sato, the new girl at school meets new friends, but one girl in parti...