I Can Wait Forever (Sasuhina)

By StrayKat

Is everything worth the wait? More

I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 1
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 2
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 3
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 4
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 5
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 6
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 7
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 8
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 9
message :)
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 10
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 11
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 12
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 13
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 14
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 15
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 16
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 17
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 18
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 19
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 20
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 21
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 21.5
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 22
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 23
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 24
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 25
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 26
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 27
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 28
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 29
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 30
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 32
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 33
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 34
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 35
I Can Wait Forever: Epilogue
Notice ❀

I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 31

2.7K 134 82
By StrayKat

Seriously, I didn't know it would be this big.

The number of people who came is overwhelming and while I am saying this, people just keep coming in the large room.

This is the yearly joint celebration of the Uchiha and Hyuuga where employees, important guests and businessmen in the community are invited to the feast.

Can I really do this?

Tonight, I am about to fool so many people. To be honest, I have no single idea how this is going to end. I'm so scared. But this is Sasuke's plan and I don't know why but my guts tells me to trust him.

"What's the matter, onee-san? You look so stiff." Hanabi whispered while we made our way down the aisle behind father.

People came closer to greet father and us.

The crowd is my weakness. I feel like I can't breathe.

I think I've said "thanks for coming and merry christmas" countless times while forcing a smile on my face.

I chanted the same lines as I started feeling dizzy. They're faces became blurred and it got worse because of the cameras flashing. And so I just focused on the hands reaching out for me.

"Thanks for coming, merry christmas." I shook the last hand in front of me.

The hand didn't let go of mine.

"Merry Christmas." He spoke and I raised my head to see who it was.

"Sasuke-kun.." I felt relieved.

He smiled. "Over here." He placed a hand behind my back and led me to our table just beside the Uchiha's.

"Wait. Where's Hanabi?" My eyes wandered around and found her smirking behind us.

There she goes again.

We were welcomed by Sasuke's mom who was overly joyed upon seeing me.

"My! My! Hinata-chan!" She hugged me. "You looked so elegant in your lavender dress tonight!"

"T-Thank you. But you looked more elegant." I gave her a smile.

"Oh! Thank you dear!" She chuckled.

"Good evening, looking stunning Hinata-chan!" It was Itachi.

"Thank you, Itachi-san." I bowed and shyly smiled.

"Excuse us." Sasuke told them while he led me to our table where Hanabi was already sitting.

We both sat and held my hand again as he leaned closer to whisper, "Don't forget to just act normally later, okay? We have to let every single person here in this room believe."

"I know, Sasuke-kun." I whispered back.

"Good. Your father is already coming this way, see you later." He swiftly pecked on my cheek before he left and went to the Uchiha's table.

Wha—! He stole a kiss on my cheek! Sasuke-kun!!!!

I cupped the side of the cheek he just kissed while I accidentally stared at my sister who was sitting opposite to me and grinning.

"Awww! Love is truly in the air!" She sighed. "I wish I find the Uchiha-san of my life too!"

"Tone down your voice, Hanabi." I told her. It's really embarrassing if others heard what my sister was saying.

"He He! You're blushing, onee-san!" She said.

"No kidding!" I bowed my head to hide my face under my fringe.

Father arrived on our table and both of us remained silent.

Sasuke's father stood on the podium to address his welcome speech which was then followed by a sumptuous dinner.

There are live singers singing christmas songs while we ate making the ambience of the place feel more the spirit of the holiday season.

Add the large christmas tree at the corner and the designs and ornaments used to decorate the room. Everything you see around is color red, green, gold and silver.

It was probably the grandest christmas celebration I've ever been.

The real party started after dinner where the employees presented special numbers; most of them dancing, if not, then singing. It was followed by giving awards of recognition led by father and Sasuke's father as well.

Father is smiling as he congratulate the awardees. I'm freaking out.

I looked to the Uchihas' table to find Sasuke and he gave me a smirk.

Nobody can explain how nervous I get as the party continues. I keep fidgeting; my heart beating faster and heavier.

Came next was the traditional gift giving. I don't think I was informed about this! Even my sister had a gift for somebody! Hey, but at least I am not alone! I'm pretty sure I haven't heard Sasuke's name. We both haven't received nor had given gifts.

After that, I had a feeling that it is almost time for the highlight of the night when the party host told that there will a very special number before the party ends.

The band started with a slow violin with the lights turning soft. I can't explain but the vibe was very romantic.

A group a ballet dancers came out the stage and danced to the music.

Now, the violin was accompanied by a piano. The dancers looked like dolls dancing on top of a music box. I could watch them all day.

The next person who came out the stage was a very familiar one.

"S-Shino?!" He is holding a board where a message was written on it saying, 'You are my strength and joy. From the first day I met you, I knew I love you.'

The people are now able to get a hint of what was happening.

Before this night ends, a couple will get engaged.

I smiled. Well, this is this is the start of my more challenging acting skills.

"What is your friend doing there, onee-san?" Hanabi interrupted me. "Is he proposing to somebody in here?"

"Ah, maybe Hanabi." I shyly chuckled at her. I'm confused. I didn't know she wasn't informed about what's happening.

Well then, be surprised!

If we were able to let my sister believe then I will consider it a success!

The light turned brighter on my spot and so I looked around me and saw another familiar person holding a board.

"K-Kiba!" Oh my, I'm so glad seeing them after several months of not getting in touch. He was grinning at me and I read the message written on the board he was holding.

'You are the sunshine to my cloudy sky; my favorite song. And then I realized that I needed you for the rest if my life.'

I can't believe it but I was deeply moved. I didn't even realize I got tears ready to flow from my eyes.

I know this is just a play but it felt so real.

Sasuke-kun, why do you have to make sound so real?

It hurts.

It hurts for a fact that it is not happening for real. And it hurts that I would only get to experience this because of pretending. But thanks for letting me feel how is it like to be proposed at.

"Hinata." Kiba asked for my hand and let me stand.

"I missed you, Kiba-kun. Sorry if I was gone for too long." I hugged him tight and he returned a chuckle.

"Hehe! We can talk about that later on, Hinata. Let's go?" He waited for my hand to be on top of his and he led me to the stage where Shino and the ballerinas are.

I hugged Shino and thank him for coming before I was left standing on the center of the stage; the ballerinas dacing around me.

They formed a straight line behind me and exited by turns. The last ballerina exited and behind her revealed Sasuke-kun; holding a single red rose.

The music became more romantic and magical as Sasuke walked closer to where I am standing.

Everybody was quiet and all I can hear is the music; and all I see was Sasuke-kun. Our eyes were locked together as he approached. He's smiling; probably the sweetest smile from him that I've ever seen.

What is this I am feeling?

No! Hinata! Number 2!

I was pretty stunned at how good he looks tonight. Good thing this proposal isn't real, else, I could fallen for him.

Wait! What am I saying? I closed my eyes and frowned.

"Hinata." He called my name; my heart beat faster.

"Hai?" I open my eyes and saw him waiting for me to accept the rose he is holding.

"Ah, thank you Sasuke-kun." I received it and wrapped my arms around him.

And there was a loud cheer from the crowd.

"Get ready." He whispered on my ear and immediately gave me kiss on my cheek.

I let go of him and Kiba went to us to give Sasuke a microphone.

"Hinata.." he started.

Oh my God. Here it goes.

I feel my cheeks burning as he stared at me looking so in love.

"First of all, I want to apologize for all the wrong things that I've done. We may argue over small and simple things but in the end we always end up forgiving each other. We've been through a lot. Judged, misunderstood, ridiculed and more. But we were able to overcome them; because we're here for one another. We got each other's backs."

I shyly smiled at him while my fingers played on the stem of the flower. My heart can't stop beating fast.

Shut up, heart!

"You know that I hate seeing you cry just as much as I love seeing you smile and hearing your laugh. Hinata, I..I can't imagine a future without you by my side. I love you so much. You are the person I wanted to see last before I sleep and the first person to see when I wake up. I want to be with you always. I love you more than words could ever explain."

You don't have to go this far, Sasuke-kun. But thank you for making me feel loved.

"I need you for the rest of my life. So tonight I am asking you the most important question." He put a hand in his pocket and brought out a tiny white box.

He opened it and saw a beautiful ring in it. He then knelt in front of me, "Hinata. Will you marry me?"

This is bad. If this went on, I think.. I think.. I might just fall in love. I might! But of course I won't let that happen.

No matter which side of the angle, this is just purely a game. Nothing and nobody can change that fact.

Everyone was silent waiting for my response to his question.

I held the rose tight and breathe deeply, I nodded and smiled while staring in his pleading eyes.

"Yes."

I wiped my tears as they came down without my permission. My heart clenched.

Am I still doing the right thing?

He stood and kissed my forehead before bringing me closer into a tight hug. I hugged him back.

And everybody cheered for us. Their smiles present on the faces were the proof.

"Hinata, Thank you." Sasuke said. He took out the ring from the box., "Can I take your hand?" He continued.

I nodded and lifted my hand. Sasuke held my hand gently and placed the ring on my ring finger.

I embraced him and hid my face to his chest.

"You're blushing." He chuckled as he pushed some of my hair to the back of my ear.

We then heard somebody from the crowd tapping their glass and slowly everybody did the same too.

"Kiss!" Somebody shouted.

What?!!!! NO!!!!

My eyes went wide. How do we escape from this? I looked at Sasuke who got a pretty surprised expression in his face too.

"Kiss!" A few more cheered as they tap their wine glasses.

I smiled shyly at them. How I wish I could scream 'shut up'.

Isn't a simple 'yes' enough for this show?

"Hinata, I'm sorry."

And I felt his lips over mine. It was a short but romantic kiss.

I was shocked. Very shocked. I didn't even had the time to protest. I stopped breathing feeling my heart beat even faster.

And I was left speechless. The only thing I was able to was to touch my lips and look on the ground.

I heard the crowd applauded and again, I felt his arms surrounding me.

Should I get mad over him kissing me? But it felt so good.

"My friends..guests.." Sasuke's father stood at the corner below the stage and brought everyone's attention to him. "Ah first of all, Hiashi-san, I hope you don't get mad at my son for kissing your daughter." And the crowd laughed as well as my father.

It's not funny!!!!

"Hiashi-san, please join me over here." He continued. I saw father stand and went over to Sasuke's father.

"Tonight, is the start of a new brighter future for the two companies. Because tonight, with the help of our children, the Uchiha and Hyuuga companies are finally merging." Sasuke's father said and the crowd cheered joyfully.

"Together, we will be the most powerful and successful company ever. " He continued and the crowd gave a round of applause. "Hiashi-san, please do the honor."

"Everyone, thank you for coming tonight. I am glad to announce that on the 27th, my daughter's birthday Hinata, will be their wedding day." My father's voice echoed through the large hall.

A few got surprised but most of them were very happy. Sasuke and I were just among the few surprised.

I held his hand tight while I look at him shockingly.

Wait. Did I hear it right?

W-Wedding??!!!

I can't even paint my sister's face. She's like happy and surprised.

"Sasuke—" I called his name but he only nodded at me. I got confused.

What now Sasuke-kun? I don't think I can do this anymore.

Tears cascaded from my eyes but he gently wiped it and whispered, "Don't worry, just trust me. Actually, everything is going according to plan."

The night ended with me being engaged to Sasuke-kun and might sooner end up getting married to him.

But I believe in his plans.

Sasuke-kun.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Late update! LOL Please just imagine it's still the 25th. haha :)) and I'm too lazy to do corrections on this update today so if I do have spelling and grammatical mistakes, etc. please forgive me. hehe!

Until next update!
キラキラ!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.8K 2.8K 60
𝑆𝑎𝑠𝑢𝑘𝑒 𝑥 𝐻𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑎 𝑥 𝑇𝑜𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑖 ❝𝗠𝗮𝘆𝗯𝗲, 𝘄𝗲'𝗹𝗹 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲―❞ 𝗚𝗲𝗻𝗿𝗲: Modern Fanfiction 𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: ...
51K 995 24
The wonderful continuation of Kamina and Sasuke's love. Will Sasuke be able to forget about revenge for his dearest love or will he choose hatred ove...
47.6K 1.3K 18
You are my love, you changed my winter into spring hinata Hyuuga, but i choose the solitude and revenge, i never thought i'd fall in love with you, y...
912 17 10
[u. naruto x h. hinata] »»----- ❀ -----«« ❝𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗜'𝗺 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺.❞ -- 𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀...