Multi-Fandom One-Shots

By samanthaaidk

One-Shots about The Maze Runner series and the Heroes of Olympus series. Here is my sleep-deprived self shipp... More

Newt || Group B
The Scary Latina (After BoO)

Newt|| TMR Au|| Secretly Over-Protective

27 0 0
By samanthaaidk

My eyes snapped open as I took in my surroundings. I was in some sort of a metal box that was moving upward. There were some boxes of supplies at the other end of the crate. They were engraved with the letters WICKED. I flinched at familiarization but no memory appeared.

No memory. Why can't I remember anything? What's my name?

Samantha.

I could remember my name, but that was it.

An alarm started blaring from further up the tunnel and I curled into a ball and tried to calm myself.

About 3 minutes later the traveling box came to a halting stop. I took a deep breath and tried to decide what to do, when a loud creaking noise was heard from above and I looked up, blinded by the light seeping into the box.

Before my eyes could adjust to the lighting, a figure jumped into the box.

"It- It's a girl." A thick, british accent said shocked.

"What's she look like?"

"I got dibs!"

"She's hot!"

"How old is she?"

All these questions popped up from random voices, all sounding male.

"Let me help you up." The boy in the box with me said.

He held out his hand, and I gratefully grabbed it as he hauled me up. I took in all of his features.

Somewhat shaggy dirty-blonde hair flopped over his head, and his thin pink lips curled up into a smile. His soft brown eyes peered into mine curiously.

"My name's Newt. Welcome to the Glade." He said.

"I'm Samantha. And what's a Glade?" I asked.

Newt looked nervously up toward a tall, dark skinned boy who reeked with a powerful aura. I assumed he was in charge in the "Glade".

"I'll give her the tour" the boy said.

"Alright. Now let's get you out." Newt said to me.

"I'll give you a boost." He said and linked his hands to create a place for me to put my foot. He popped me up into the air just enough for me to turn around and land on my bottom on grass.

He pulled himself up shortly after.

"Thanks" I said.

"Alright everyone! Back to work!" The dark-skin boy said, and the rest of the boys scattered off in different directions.

"I'll take it from here." The boy said to Newt.

"Good that" Newt said.

"Bye Samantha" he said, then turned and walked away.

I turned back to the other guy.

"My name's Alby and I'll be giving you a quick tour before dinner." He said.

"Hi Alby. And okay."

Alby showed me around The Glade, introduced me to different job options and told me the main rules.

"Now it's time for dinner" he said smiling, and led me over to the kitchen where I met Frypan.

"Is this the new greenie?" Fry asked, smiling.

Alby nodded and I held out my hand.

"I'm Samantha."

"Frypan" he said, grabbing my hand and shaking it.

Alby and Frypan exchanged quick conversation until his food was done cooking and we all went outside to serve it.

I brought out three plates and handed them to 3 random "gladers" before Newt came over to me.

"Samantha come sit with me" he said.

"Okay" I smiled and followed him over to a log away from the now blazing fire.

We talked for a while, and he answered all my questions about the Glade and the Maze and he explained everything that had happened the past 3 years. I would like to say Newt had become my best friend in the Glade. There were only three people that even talked to me, everyone else just gave me weird looks and kept their distance.

"So tomorrow." Newt said, breaking the comfortable silence.

"Tomorrow you're going to start your job-training with me in the fields."

"Good that" I said, but the words felt unnatural to me and Newt noticed as he burst out laughing.

"You, Alby, and Fry are the only ones that talk to me anyway."

A slight look of guilt washed over his face, but he replaced it with a small smile and sympathy.

"They don't know what they're missing" he said, then leaned back against the log, taking a sip of a drink that I could tell wasn't water.

"What are you drinking?" I asked.

"See that guy over there?" he asked, pointing to a tall muscular guy with awesome eyebrows that was sitting near the fire.

"That's Gally. Occasionally he makes a special drink. It's a trade secret." He said smiling.

"Can I try it?" I asked.

"Sure" he said handing me the cup.

I put it to my lips and tilted it backward.

As soon as the sour liquid hit my taste-buds, I spit it out everywhere, coughing.

"Ewwwwwww" Newt said, in fits of laughter. I had spit most of it on him.

"How *cough* do you *cough* drink that" I said, gathering myself together.

We both laughed.

---------------------------

The next day I woke up when I heard the doors opening for the day.

I stood up, stretched, and looked around. Newt was sleeping peacefully next to me. I had an idea.

I ran to Frypan's kitchen. He was in there making breakfast.

"Samantha?" he asked.

"Do you have any soft, mushy food?" I asked.

He looked at me skeptically, but handed me a container of leftover mashed potatoes.

I smiled. Perfect.

Before he could ask anything, I ran out and over to the barn. No one was around, so I quickly plucked a feather from a chicken with much difficulty and ran back to Newt. I sighed in relief when he was still sleeping.

I put some mashed potatoes in one of his hands, and tickled his cheek with the feather.

He lifted his hand, and was about to touch his face, when he reached up and slapped me with the mashed potatoes.

"PLOT TWIST!" he yelled, then stood up and ran away.

"NEWT!" I screamed and ran after him, laughing.

Even with his limp, he was still faster than me. I groaned, but kept running.

He disappeared into the kitchen, and I slowed down. I waited outside the closed door for a minute, then slowly crept in.

It was quiet, only the sounds of sizzling bacon were heard.

Suspicious, I grabbed a bag of flour from the counter, ready to attack.

"BOO!" Newt yelled, and I screamed and jumped, dropping the bag of flour.

Bad idea.

The contents of the bag spewed everywhere, all over the both of us.

We both fell to the ground, dying of laughter.

Frypan then walked in with a broom.

"I figured something like this would happen." He said, smiling.

"Sorry, Fry. Can I do something to help?" Newt asked.

Shucking gentleman.

"Actually, yeah. Could you take the bacon off the stove and onto the plate?" he asked as he started sweeping.

Newt and I walked over to the stove and did as Frypan asked.

----------------------------

After breakfast, Newt led me over to the fields and showed me around for a while.

"Now let's pick some vegetables" he said.

We both got baskets and walked towards the carrot section. There were about 5-6 other gladers in that area, and they all gave me weird looks. I felt awkward, but I hid my emotion. I didn't do a very good job, because Newt noticed.

"Samantha? What's wrong?"

I caved, and a tear trickled down my cheek and I felt the gaze of the other people around, judging me.

He grabbed my wrist, and led me to a secluded area surrounded by bushes. There was a worn spot in the ground in front of a tree as if someone had sat there multiple times, and Newt sat there. I plopped next to him.

"Samantha, you know how I have my limp, right?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Do you know how I got it?" He asked again.

I shook my head no.

He took a deep breath.

"I tried to kill myself in the maze." he said.

I gasped, and felt even more tears fall out.

"Climbed up one of those bloody walls and jumped right off." he added.

I sobbed harder.

Why did Newt do that? What happened?

He seemed to read my mind.

"I caved from all the pressure. Trying to survive, and keeping my feelings inside. I broke. Thank God Alby was there. He dragged me back to the Glade right before the doors closed. And after that, I wasn't allowed to be a runner anymore. So I want you to tell me what's bugging you, it will feel good to let it out. I don't want you to end up like me." he finished.

I cried even harder.

"Well" I started. "Ever since I came up in the box, only 3 people have talked to me. Everyone else looks at me like I'm a griever and ignores me. Why don't they like me? What have I done to them?" I sobbed out.

"Samantha" Newt whispered and pulled me into a hug.

"Why don't you ask them?" he suggested, pulling away.

"What do you mean?" I asked, wiping my tears and sniffling.

"We're about to head down to lunch, so while we're there, why don't you get everyone's attention and tell them how you feel?" he shrugged.

"That's a great idea!" I exclaimed, having a major mood swing. "Let's go!" I yelled, standing up and practically dragging Newt out of the fields into the meal area.

We sat at a table by ourselves, which wasn't much of a surprise.

Once everyone was seated and had gotten their food, it started to rain. I decided to make a move before the gladers went inside for shelter.

Newt was sipping on Gally's drink, and I nudged him.

He nodded.

I stood up on the table.

"Everyone! Can I have your attention for a moment please." I said and to my surprise, 60 heads turned in my direction.

My heart pounded in my chest and I looked down at Newt who smiled at me. It sent a wave of reassurance through me.

"Ever since I got here yesterday, I've had this- um- feeling." I said. The gladers stayed silent and waited for me to continue.

"I feel like nobody here likes me, that you all are ignoring me for some reason. Why doesn't anyone talk to me?" I ask, feeling small.

Gally laughs, then speaks.

"You seem like a cool girl and I'm sure we would all like to get to know you, but Newt over there told us if we touched you he would throw us down the box hole. And he wasn't joking." The rain pattered against the concrete and tables as I looked down at Newt.

He was looking down at his lap, fiddling with his hands.

"Newt?" I asked quietly.

He stood up and put one foot on the table.

"Truth is, Samantha" he started, and took a deep breath.

"I kind of like you."

He stood up on the table, standing in front of me.

"Actually, no. I don't kind of like you. I do like you. A lot. And these are really great guys and I didn't want you to fall for any of them I know it was kind of selfish but I-"

And I cut him off by pressing my lips to his.

He was shocked at first, but responded almost immediately and wrapped his arms around my waist. The rain fell harder around us, but we ignored it.

We kissed for a good 6 seconds before he pulled away.

"You taste like Frypan's stew, and I'll have to admit, it's pretty impressive." He said, smirking down at me.

I looked up into his soft brown eyes that I fell in love with just a day ago.

"And you taste like Gally's drink, and it really sucks." I said, and he smiled even wider before kissing me again, but I pulled away.

"I'm serious" I said, then turned towards Gally, who, like the rest of the gladers, was watching intently.

"What do you even put in that klunk?"

-----------------------------
I actually showed this to my guy best friend and he told me I should be an author.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

961K 36.4K 87
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1.1M 49.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 33.6K 60
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
2.2M 116K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...