The Monsters In Our Town

By Captsparkleyrainbow

After three strange deaths in the tiny town of Northrun, Alexander Henderson had an accident that landed her... More

01 // THE MAN NEXT DOOR //
02 // TANNING AND TOFFEE APPLES //
03 // WOLF IN THE WOODS //
04 // THE SUPERNATURAL OCCURANCE
05 // STUPID ANCHORS AND STUPID TRUTHS
06 // STREET RAT
07 // RAISING THE BET
08 // IN THE DEAD OF THE NIGHT
09 // BLACK DUSK PACK
10 // EVERYTHING IS GOING TO SHIT
11 // REBIRTH
12 // ATTACKED BY A HOBO
13 // BANSHEES AND GOODBYES
14 // CAMPING TRIP FOR ONE
16 // FBI HEADQUARTERS
17 // A BLOSSOMING ROMANCE
18 // BLOOD MAGIC
19 // BRANDED
20 // MASTER MONSTER HUNTER
21 // PLANS REVEALED
22 // STOLEN
23 // FRAGMENTED MEMORY
24 // STARTING FIGHTS
25 // NAGUAL
26 // DEATH OF A BELOVED
27 // THE WORST BIRTHDAY
28 // CONFESSIONS WHILE CAPTURED
29 // SLEEPOVER
30 // ATTACKED
31 // SURPRISES IN THE WOODS
32 // PARTY TIME
33 // COVERT OPERATIONS
34 // THE ELEVENTH HOUR
35 // BROKEN
36 // SOULS
37 // SHOWDOWN
EPILOGUE
THANK YOU
LEGACY SNEAK PEAK

15 // GHOSTIFIED

47 4 0
By Captsparkleyrainbow

I was asleep when the wolf decided that the Supernatural was too close. It nudged its head into my rids, and licked my face and even nipped at my ankles.

When I woke up, the wolf zipped out of the tent and I knew.

I shot out of the sleeping bag, and out of the tent. I was about to start running towards town, when I stopped to grab Blue's journal.

I didn't care about the tent, or the sleeping bag, or my endless amount of delicious marshmallows, just the journal.

As I picked it up, I saw them. Not one, but two Griefs speeding towards me.

The wolf barked at me and I span and started running as fast as I could. I could feel my heart beating in my ears, and my legs were pumping so had that they were hurting within seconds of running.

The first time I saw a Grief, Blue was here with me.

I kept following the wolf, which was a little hard because his pitch black fur was blending in with the dark around him. The only time I could genuinely see him was when he turned his head back to look at me and his golden eyes flashed.

It was so dark, and I couldn't see where I was running. I was tripping and stumbling and I was terrified.

I remember how much it hurt when I had gotten stung by a Grief last time and how much it hurt when Wren was drawing the toxin out. I didn't want it to come to that again, but Griefs didn't make any noise. They were silently chasing me and I wasn't sure how close or faraway they were.

The wolf barked again, but I didn't know why so I kept running as fast as I could. He had tried to warn me about the rock on the floor.

I fell over it and my body came crashing to the earth. My head collided with the floor and I was out like a lightbulb.

When I woke up, it was say again.

The wolf was laying next to me, but there was no signs of the Griefs. I quickly checked over myself, but it looked like I hadn't been stung.

I let out a sigh of relief and got to my feet. I was surprised at how easy it was, like I felt like I was floating and there wasn't a care in my head.

"Surprise surprise," I muttered to the wolf. "A little bit of running does a world of good."

It got up and stretched before licking its lips. I looked down, and we were somehow still on the path back to Northrun. Lucky us.

"Why are you still here?" I asked the wolf. "Not that I'm not grateful for having you as company, but I thought you meant danger?"

He looked up at me and barked.

"I guess you're just walking me home then." I laughed. It continue like this, just walking and talking at the wolf.

When I made it home the front door was open, which was strange because the front door is never just open.

I walked inside slowly, but the wolf tried to follow me.

"What are you doing?" I hissed quietly. "Go back to the forest, this is my house. You can't come in here."

It just laid down in the doorway. I frowned and looked around to see if anyone would catch him, but the coast looked clear.

In the kitchen room, my parents were sitting at the table. Dad was reading a newspaper and mum was mindlessly drawing on the table with her fingers.

"Hey," I smiled and started towards the cupboard.

"She's insane." She ignored me and said to my dad. "Who goes camping on their own?"

"Mum," I scoffed, "right here."

"I knew she would be fine," dad muttered as he continued reading. "She learnt from the best you know."

"Of course she would have been fine." Mum frowned, "it's probably best for her too. She's been moping about because the neighbor left."

I waved my hand in front of her face, but it was like she saw right through me.

"They can't see you."

I span around so fast that whiplash was a serious possibility, and my eyes widened at the wolf.

"W-was that you?" I asked. "What are you doing in the house? They'll see y-"

"They can't see you," the wolf scoffed and I let out a little yelp. "Alex, you're a ghost/"

"What?" I whispered. "No, I can't be. I'm fine, I can't be dead."

"You aren't dead," the wolf said and the room started spinning. "I don't know how to explain it, but you aren't dead. You're just a ghost."

I covered my face with my hands and waited to wake up from this nightmare, but when I took them away the wolf was still there.

"Well where's my body?" I asked.

"That's where it's tricky," he told me.

"I don't-"

"Mum! Dad! I'm home!"

I stared in shock as I came into view... Only it wasn't me because I was standing here. My eyes landed directly on me, well she looked directly at me.

"I'm going to my room," she told them flatly. She stomped down the hallway and slammed my bedroom door shut behind her. My parents started talking again, but I followed after her.

I tried to grab the door handle, but my hand went right through it. I gasped, and it fully dawned on me that what the wolf was saying was true.

I was a ghost and something was in my body.

"What do I do?" I whispered and looked down at the wolf.

"You've crossed to the world of the dead, Alex," he told me. "There's nothing you can do."

"But-" I started but the door opened and I... She stood there.

"Can you shut up please?" She hissed and my eyes widened.

"You can see me?" I asked.

"Can I- I am you, sweet heart," she scoffed. "If you want to bitch about something, go and talk to your friends next door. I'm sure that they'll love to see you."

She closed the door again, and I was left standing in shock.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"She's you," the wolf replied. "Well... More or less."

I hummed in thought, and we started out of the house.

"How long am I going to stay like this?" I checked. "Is it temporary? Or do I have to find an emerald and sacrifice it to a lamb god?"

"What?"

"I will genuinely be shocked if you tell me that that's not a real Witch thing."

"I don't know how long," the wolf said, ignoring my previous comment. "I'm sure someone will work it out though. They'll tell Wren and Wren will fix you up."

"But how?" I frowned. "A-D-Rrrrr... What's your name?"

"Sherlock," he answered without skipping a beat.

"Alright, Sherlock," I nodded, I appreciated the name for a few more seconds and then looked up. Aria as Harley were coming out of Blue's house. I saw an opportunity, and I started running. "Sherlock! Quick!"

He bounded after me, and narrowly avoided his tail getting stuck in Blue's front door as Harley pulled the door closed behind him.

"Okay, nice," Sherlock gave a nod of his furry head. "We're inside. Now what?"

"Oh," I blinked and looked around.

"Please don't tell me that we're now stuck in here."

"I'm sure we aren't stuck-"

"Alex!"

"I figured we could hide out here until everyone works out what happened," I told Sherlock. "Because I really don't want to see m- her again. It creeps me out."

Sherlock let out a huff, then started looking around.

"So, what happened to Blue's journal?" I asked as he jumped up onto the couch. His head snapped over to me, and he growled.

"You're a ghost, and no one knows about it yet. But the journal is your priority?" He snapped.

"It's not a priority," I rolled my eyes and joined him on the couch, "it's a question."

"Well, she took it," Sherlock grumbled.

"She took it?" I gasped. "Why?"

"Let me just ask her for you," he scoffed.

"Why are you here?" I rose an eyebrow. "Not to be rude, you are great company. But why?"

"I'm always here," Sherlock said. "You just can't see me most of the time."

"So you're a full time ghost?" I checked.

"Mhmm," he hummed and yawned.

"Will I get hungry? And thirsty?"

"Yeah. That's probably the worst part."

I swallowed, my throat already feeling dry.

"How long until someone will work it out again?"

***

"When is Renee getting back?" Orlando asked Aria as she started making dinner. I sat on a bench across from them, listening like a creep.

"Tonight actually," Aria answered. I reached over and plunged my hand through Orlando's chest. He twitched a little, and I laughed.

"Hey Orlando," I snorted. "I can't find your heart."

"Stop doing that," Aria ordered him as he kept squirming around. "You're distracting me."

"It feels like there's a feather in my chest," he whined and I pulled my hand back. I laughed a bit more, but Sherlock appeared in the doorway.

"You shouldn't do that," he lectured me. "You could really mess up Orlando's mind."

"Mhmm," I rolled my eyes. "Oh hey! What if I breath on a window and then draw in it? Will people be able to see that?"

"I..." He hesitated. "I don't know actually."

I hurried over to the window and breathed on it, but as much as I tried the fog didn't appear.

"Hmm" I hummed. "Why can I go through Orlando, but not doors?"

"I don't know," Sherlock said. "It might have something to do with the fact that he isn't an inanimate object."

"I can tell if you're being sarcastic or not," I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I am a ghost wolf," Sherlock told me. "Sarcasm is not one of my strong points."

"Are you being sarcastic now?" I asked.

"No," he answered, but I wasn't convinced.

"Renee is home." Orlando told Aria, and she walked into the kitchen as he said it.

"Renee," Aria grinned and turned the stove down.

"Sorry I've been gone so lo-" she had walked straight through me, then stopped walking. Renee furrowed her eyebrows and turned around. I held my breath a she looked directly at me. "Where's Alex?"

"At her house," Orlando told her. Renee swung open the cupboard door and started searching for something. She pulled out a bag of flour, ripped it open and poured some on the bench.

"She wants you to write in it" Sherlock informed me.

"Can I?" I asked.

"Only one way to find out," he said. I nodded and stepped up to the bench. With my finger, I wrote 'It's Alex' in the flour.

"What happened?" Renee hissed at Orlando and Aria. "You two were supposed to be watching her."

"We were!" Aria cried. "I mean... I thought we were."

"I could kill you two," she huffed and swiped at the flour. "Alex, tell me what happened."

I wrote 'Grief' and Renee groaned.

"I'm going to get Wren," She snapped. "Make sure no one busts in and sucks her up in a vacuum."

"Can people actually do that?" I asked Sherlock quickly.

"No," Sherlock answered and I let out a sigh of relief.

"So, ghost huh?" Orlando smirked. I wrote 'loser' in the flour and Aria laughed.

A/N

Literally, this chapter has taken me so long to write. I don't even know why honestly, the idea of Alex becoming semi-ghost is simple enough.

Basically, if you haven't already gotten it, when the Grief stung her it manifested and took Alex from her own body... Kind of.

You'll find out what (let's call her Ghost Alex for the sake of my sanity) is soon.

Vote - Comment - Follow.

Stay groovy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Heart's Choice By SG Gardner

Mystery / Thriller

30.1K 4.8K 40
Finally free of the possessions that plagued him since childhood, Carlos moves to Spring Lakes and opens his own auto-garage. But even a life free of...
27.1K 1.5K 78
In the wake of tragedy, when Kieran Rivera thought his life couldn't possibly get any worse, he's attacked outside a nightclub, confronted by a dista...
51.5K 2K 14
Living her days in the ocean water, Nanami has always dreamed of finding a handsome prince to sweep her off her tail,but when her family wants her to...
25.7K 2.5K 55
MY LIFE HAD LITERALLY TURNED UPSIDE DOWN WITHIN SECONDS...... Standing in the boys changing room in a desperate attempt to hide from the vicious atta...