The Valentine's Note

By TryTillYouSucceed

"Strange," I remarked as the waitress left us at a table in the corner. "You seem like a person who has lots... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Announcement
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Announcement!
Trailer!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Update
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
New Book Announcement: Supernova

Chapter 18

18.8K 710 45
By TryTillYouSucceed

We had an hour left before everyone would return and we still didn't have any ideas for the prank on the teacher's trailer and Seth still refused to acknowledge my existence, which seemed to make Kyla very restless because she keeps casting confusing towards me.

"How about we TP their trailer?" Carla suggested as we were walking towards the beach.

"We don't live in the early 2000s anymore, Carla," I said, rolling my eyes.

"It's a pretty safe prank, not a bad idea but we probably don't have enough toilet paper for that," Seth gave his opinion, making me feel as if it was more of a response directed towards me than her.

Carla smirked while looking at her feet, which only aggravated me further.

Honestly, what the hell is hisproblem? He made the first move! He kissed me! If he regrets his decision so much, maybe he should man up and talk to me about it instead being ignoring me and passing snide comments towards me like a 12 year old.

Kyla gave me her confused look again and I chose to ignore it again.

As we neared the beach, I felt last night's memories coming back to me. I could almost picture Seth and I sitting under the blanket of stars and him kissing me to shut me up.

Shutting my eyes in annoyance, I exhaled slowly and opened them again.

"How about we just use the pranks we already did?" Mason suggested as we settled under the shade of a tree.

"No, they're pretty amateur to be honest," Derrick responded.

"Oh!" Kyla said, clapping her hands and sitting upright. "I think I have something in mind. We'll have to split up, though."

*

When we'd gone back to our trailer after discussing everything, Kyla held me back at the door and waited for Carla to go in.

"What's wrong between you and Seth?" she questioned, searching my face for any emotions.

I sighed and looked up at her to meet her grey eyes. "I think he regrets kissing me."

"What?" she exclaimed, her eyebrows pulling in together instantly. "That boy has been dying to get your attention ever since Valentine's Day. Why would he regret kissing you? If you didn't kiss him back, that'd be a different thing but you did, isn't that what he would've wanted from the girl he likes?"

"I don't know," I said, shrugging. "It shouldn't affect me this much. I'm just so annoyed that he's being such a child."

"Ava, do you like him?" she asked in a serious tone.

I bit my bottom lip and let it go. "I don't know."

She tilted her head, her eyes accusing me as she waited for me to tell her the truth.

"I guess," I mumbled. "Yeah, I think I like him."

She grinned and hugged me. "I knew it!"

"Yeah, well, it doesn't matter," I responded. "He clearly regrets kissing me, which means that he probably realized that he actually doesn't like me. Either that or I am a bad kisser."

"I doubt you're a bad kisser," she said confidently. "As for him regretting the kiss, give it some time. He's probably processing the whole thing."

I nodded and we went in the trailer to find Carla rummaging through Kyla's prank bag.

"Found the string!" she told us, holding up a ball of string.

*

I had changed to a comfortable pair of dark sweatpants and a crop top before we made our way to dinner. Not going to lie, I was quite nervous. The rebellious feeling in me was much more overpowering than the nervousness though.

Mrs. Delia made everyone gather in the front. "I trust all of you have had a good and tiring day. We won't be having any activities tonight so you can have your dinner and make your way back to your trailers. We will be leaving tomorrow morning at 8 am; make sure to have a good night's sleep."

Once she was done, we grabbed our food and sat down, making sure to go over our plan again.

"Like I said earlier, we have to split up," Kyla began with a mouthful of mashed potato. "I think this is how we should split up: Carla and Mason, Kian, Derrick and I and Seth and Ava."

My head shot up and I turned to Kyla to glare at her. What does she think she's doing?

She gave me an innocent smile in return. Everyone agreed with her. I peeked a glance at Seth, who was frowning into his plate. Brilliant.

When about a third of the people had gone, we quietly made our way away from the dining area. We made sure Mrs. Delia saw us go our two different ways and then met up near their trailer.

"Did you get the bobby pins?" Kian asked as they neared us.

"Right here," Kyla said and pulled two out of her hair. We waited patiently as she made a little device out of it that helped us pick on the locks.

I looked around to make sure no one was around. Luckily, the teacher's trailer was away from the dining area and the students'.

Mason and Carla stayed outside to keep watch while the rest of us went in and got to work. Kyla, Kian and Derrick went straight to the bathroom with their huge ball of string and began unwinding it. Seth and I grabbed one of the two beds from each end and made our way out of the trailer, being extra careful.

The farther away we walked from the trailer, the worse the feeling inside my stomach became. We were alone and he still hadn't even looked at me. We were merely acquaintances.

Once we were far away from the trailer and in a deserted area, we dropped the bed there and jogged back to the trailer.

"Everything's alright so far?" Seth asked Carla and Mason, panting slightly.

"Yeah," Carla responded.

With a brief nod, he walked back into the trailer and I followed.

Kyla, Kian and Derrick were doing a pretty good job in the bathroom. They had weaved the string around everything possible, making it look like one of those laser lights from spy movies, only much more complicated than theirs.

Seth and I repeated the previous process. As we walked, his gaze fell on me and I stared back. In the darkness, I could barely make out his features but there was enough light for me to see him stare right back into my eyes. I raised my eyebrow in response as we continued walking with my back facing the path we were walking down.

I stepped on something uneven and lost my balance because my eyes were too busy having a stare-down with Seth Riley. My right leg gave away, hitting the floor.

"Ava!" he exclaimed and dropped the bed. He crouched down next to me as I held on to my right leg. "Are you okay?"

"Do I look like I'm okay, Seth?" I snapped, finally removing all my irritation on him. "My ankle had just gotten better and now this has to happen."

Ignoring my comment, he reached forward and gently pulled the bottom of my sweatpants up, his warm fingers touching my skin. I hissed in pain and looked down to see my skin had peeled off slightly and was bleeding.

"Stay here, okay?" he said and got up to grab the bed. He continued walking in the direction we were heading to.

Um, okay, just leave me here.

He gave back a few minutes, running towards me.

"Can you walk?" he asked, sliding his arm around my lower back.

I shrugged and without wasting any more time, he hooked his arm under my knees and picked me up. As a reflex, I wrapped my arms around his neck just the way I had done last night...when we kissed.

After a few moments, when I couldn't take it anymore, I asked, "You regret it, don't you?"

He looked at me briefly before looking ahead again. "Regret what?"

Sure, play dumb.

"Kissing me," I said, not taking my eyes off of him. His pressed into a tight line as he continued looking ahead.

"No, I don't," he replied.

"Then why have you been so weird all day?" I questioned, studying his face under the moonlight. I never noticed his jaw line before. It was quite angular.

He didn't answer at first. Then, he exhaled a puff of air and said, "It was just something I hadn't planned on doing when I followed you to the beach."

"I hadn't expected it either," I said softly.

"Exactly," he agreed. "I thought you'd mad at me so I just decided to you ignore you today."

"Why would I be mad at you?" I asked, tightening my arms around his neck.

"Well, you did make it pretty clear that you didn't like me," he said, shrugging. "I just assumed that you wouldn't have been happy with my actions. Your behavior in the morning proved it."

"Seth," I said, making his eyes glance down at me. I held his gaze for a moment before continuing, "I kissed you back. Doesn't that say enough?"

"I don't know, Ava!" he exclaimed. "You're a confusing girl."

"Right," I mumbled and looked away for the first time since he'd picked me up.

He exhaled. "I don't want to be rude but I just need time."

Time for what? He was the one who was constantly flirting with me and even wanted me to be his freaking Valentine's date. Why is he chickening out now? He was probably just playing with me. He got the girl to like him and kiss him and now, he's going to back away when I finally think I like him.

Asshole.

After what felt like hours, we reached the trailer where everyone was waiting outside.

"What happened?" Kyla exclaimed, concern laced in her voice.

"I slipped and scratched my leg," I said as Seth put me down and pulled himself away from me. Kyla held on to me though.

"We have to do this quickly before they come," Mason urged and I nodded.

He had the shaving cream can ready in his hand. Standing near the door, he punctured the can with the nail we'd found in Kyla's bag and quickly placed his hand over the whole.

We could hear the hissing sound from it. It blended in quite well with the sound of the crickets. He threw the can in and shut the door as fast as possible.

"Let's go!" he instructed, turning to face us and we made a run for it. Even I tried to walk with Kyla and Derrick's support. It was unnecessary of Seth to carry me.

We reached our trailer first and saw a few girls talking near a trailer away from us. Kyla started laughing and eventually, everyone joined her.

"We did it!" Kian exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air and then hi-5ed Seth.

"We're probably screwed," Derrick said, laughing. 

A/N- Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you're having an amazing day so far with your friends and family and lots of presents! 
Did you guys like the chapter? Yes, they have officially lost their minds xD 

This might most likely be my last update till the 21st of January because I have my exams from the 6th. I have to prioritise my academics now and I promise to update right after my exams. However, you might be getting a trailer for TVN so keep your eyes out for that! 

If you enjoyed reading this, leave a vote and comment! Share it with your friends and family too :D 

Thank you! Love you guys! <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 590 11
where the insensitive tyrant of the seas who formerly harboured skepticism towards love, has now discovered a profound affection towards a particular...
7.7M 321K 48
"Its a deal then". "Okay", he replied and before I had the chance to kick him out of my couch, outside my door away from me he placed his lips on min...
537 88 23
β†·GYURI wanted nothing to do with her less than mediocre past and had almost forgotten about everything years after, until the dreams started β†·HEESEU...
248K 5.4K 19
Preferences for Glenn, Daryl, Rick, Carl, Carol, and Michonne. Feel free to put in requests!