Loving You Dearly {BoyxBoy}

By ThatLonelyGirl

Being in love with your straight best friend is difficult. Having said best friend not really seeming to unde... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four

Chapter Three

353 17 8
By ThatLonelyGirl

Chapter Three

EM I R Y

"Not only can you not plan the impact you're going to have, often you won't recognize it when you're having it."

-Dick Costolo

     I sat in a chair at my therapist's office. It was a slightly uncomfortable chair but I think that was just my nervousness. Mom sat in the chair next to me reading a book. Luckily she hadn't noticed my hands shaking and how I was almost obsessively rubbing them together in an attempt to make them stop shaking. I was never this nervous or angsty about therapist visits. But maybe nervousness wasn't the cause of it. Even thought it felt like nerves, I also kind of felt excited. And I didn't know why.

My eyes fell upon the door of my therapist, Mr. Foster. He's been, basically, my only therapist so I was comfortable around him. He was also really nice and kind - I swear he's like made of magic or something. He always seemed to understand what I was trying to say. Even when I wasn't talking or making sense. It was probably the fact that he was also gay. I only learned that when he mentioned having to cut the session a little short because he had to pick his husband up from somewhere. I had stared at him like he had grown two heads for the rest of the session. It didn't help that mom seemed to already know this and just laughed when I told her I found out.

I glanced at the clock on the wall, the feeling of needing to talk about all of these things bubbling up. He apparently had a new client today so it was one of those long first time meeting you type of things. I was starting to get more twitchy, but I was trying to do something to calm myself. So I thought back to this morning when I woke up next to David.

Just the thought made my heart flutter. I had woken up before David and ended up just staring at him. I watched the different colors that the rising sun painted on his tan skin. His chocolate brown hair sticking up in weird angles from sleep. His lips turned different shades of pink in the lighting. His cheeks were slightly red tinted. Eyelashes just barely avoiding his cheeks. The whole sight was magical and beautiful and I almost didn't want David to wake up so I could stare a little longer. But when he slowly opened his hazel eyes, I stopped breathing for a second. His eyes held mine and I instantly started to blush as David rose, propping his head up on his hand and lazily smiling down at me. I could still feel his voice ringing in my ears, saying good morning to me.

After a second of blanking out I realized that my nervousness/excitement had calmed down. I almost wanted to smile at how just thoughts of David could calm me down. But then the door to Mr. Foster's office opened up and I was on my feet faster than ever. A new wave of feelings washing over me. Words at the tip of my tongue, I was almost about to burst.

But the words died out when my eyes met sparkling green ones.

"Tyler?" I asked without realizing it.

He seemed kind of shocked for a second before responding, "Emiry."

"U-um, hi." I said awkwardly, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

Tyler was about to say something when Mr. Foster popped out from behind him. He smiled warmly at me. "Emiry, you ready?" I nodded my head. "Good. Go ahead and sit down. I just need to have a quick chit-chat with your mom."

I shuffled into the room giving Tyler another glance as the door closed behind me. I took a seat on the couch and fiddled with the end of my shirt. And finally Mr. Foster came into the room and I sighed out in relief. He took a seat and scribbled somethings down on his papers.

"Sorry about the wait. So how are you feeling today Emiry?" Mr. Foster asked me with a smile.

"Well, I felt jittery. But then I ran into your new client who's my neighbor by the way. So that was awkward. And this morning I woke up next to David. Not like anything dirty obviously ... but it was nice. I didn't feel particularly weak this morning – I've noticed that I have been lately. But I guess I'm in a good mood over all." I said. Words rushing out of me.

Mr. Foster frowned slightly, "You know Tyler?"

"Out of all the things..."

Mr. Foster chuckled, "Yes, I will have you further explain your thoughts on waking with David and the morning weakness, but Tyler is new information. I am assuming that you're talking to him, yes?"

"Yes I am. David is as well. Which makes sense I guess, they are in the same grade. But it still bothers me. And it's not so much of a, 'Oh he's a guy and David hasn't yelled at him yet' type of bothering me thing. It's because Tyler told me that David hit on him."

"So you're thinking that David is questioning his sexuality?" He asked.

I nodded my head, "And that's cool. I have no problems with that. It's just the whole promise thing and he just seemed to have forgotten all about it. And I don't want to put myself down more than normal but it arises all types of questions. Why didn't he tell me? Am I not good enough for him to like? Why did he forget the promise? All questions that I should just ask him myself but I probably won't. I just don't get why I can open my mouth and say stupid things but nothing important. And then he tried to invite Tyler to movie night! Freaking movie night! He knows that's our thing and just the fact that he would think of asking someone to intrude on our personal event angers me. And he did this right after looking so carefully at me. Like we've had some intense starting going on within the last two days. And it's like actual staring – not me just staring at the side of his face. Like full on eye contact. And I would stop breathing and unconscious thoughts of us together as a happy couple came forward and I'm pretty sure he stared at my lips. Even if it was for maybe a split second. I don't remember. I barely remember things around him. I think I become seventy-five percent less intelligent around him. And I roll my eyes. A lot." I stopped talking to take a breath and felt Mr. Foster staring at me.

When I looked over he was smiling just a little bit as he wrote down something. And I blushed slightly because, geez I just babbled a lot. Way more than I normally do. I covered my face with my hands and laid down on the couch. I mumbled out a 'sorry' and tried to hide myself, even thought that wasn't possible.

"No, no, you're good. It's just progress. Nothing to be ashamed of. Normally you wouldn't give me such extensive answers. So this is good." Mr. Foster chuckled. He clicked his pen a few times before he continued asking questions, "So you've expressed your dislike of David inviting Tyler to movie night, but how do you feel about Tyler? In general."

I shrugged. "I don't know. I mean, he seems nice and it's not like I would have hated him if he did come to movie night. I was just rather upset at the thought of not being able to have some alone time with David. We do this every other week but I still don't feel like I'm seeing David enough. But anyways, Tyler is ... I don't know. I mean when I saw him for the first time – at subway, were he works – I thought he was rather good looking. And we locked eyes for a few moments. And it was kind of weird but not that weird. I can't describe it. I just get easily flustered around him. Like I went to give him cookies as a house warming gift and I just stuttered and stared and blushed the whole time. I just kept spacing out and he keeps giving me this look. Like he knows something I don't. And yesterday when we were all having lunch, Tyler, David and I, he just asked how long David and I had been dating. Well he didn't say that, but he kind of implied it. And then quickly covered it up once he realized that we weren't. But still, it was weird. I guess I'm just so use to not having to worry about people noticing things that David doesn't because I'm never around David's other friends."

"So you feel uncomfortable around him?"

I nodded my head. "A little, yeah."

"Why do you think that is?"

I starred up at the ceiling and thought for a second, "I guess ...maybe it's because I find him attractive."

Mr. Foster raised a brow, "Attractive? In what way?"

I blushed softly, "N-Nothing like ... that. But just, how can I describe it. Yes, he's physically attractive. But I find him attractive in a more mental and emotional way. Like he's really nice to me. And he, I don't know, he seems to be the type of guy that would like pat my head or something. Like he's really gentle and warm. And it makes me feel uncomfortable because I love David and Tyler has just disrupted the flow."

"And what does Tyler have to do with the fact that you love David? How is he disrupting the flow?" Mr. Foster pushed me lightly.

Unconsciously, I started playing with my hands again, "I just ... just before Tyler showed up I was starting to think that I should try to get over David. I was depressed again and I just kind of thought, 'Maybe it would be easier to just let go of him'. And I don't think I was being serious because how do I just turn off my feelings for someone? Especially feelings that I've had for years and they have still been developing this whole time. And the day before Tyler showed up, David left me for a girl yet again and I was honestly ready to snap that day. I just couldn't though. Every time I see his face I just forget about my anger or it just dies down to mild dislike. It's like I can't stay mad at him because I love him too much. So much it's probably unhealthy. But I can't help it. It's David. My best and only friend. And what was I supposed to do? Just stop talking to him and leave the only friend I've ever had so I can just become more depressed and alone? But then Tyler showed up and it was like, golden opportunity. He's nice, and kind, and he cared about the fact that I looked upset. And he's basically perfect. But even though, it's so easy for me to get flustered around him I still don't want to try to get close to him. To me it feels like I'm trying to switch out friends and that's not what I want to do."

Mr. Foster wrote down somethings before letting out a small sigh, "So you think that befriending Tyler would help you get over David. In the sense of, that you would spend more time with Tyler and use him like a crutch to sort of ease yourself into making new friends. But at the same time, you feel as if by becoming friends with Tyler you would completely forget about David in the process. And while you don't want to do that, you feel like you have too and it's scaring you."

I sighed. You see, I didn't even say half of those words and Mr. Foster was able to understand me. Magic, I tell you. "Yeah, that's the general idea I guess."

"Emiry, you know that's not how friendships work, right?" Mr. Foster glanced at me and I blushed softly, "Just because you simply spend time with Tyler doesn't mean that you'll just lose David. In fact, I would recommend that you spend some time with Tyler. If you really want to gain new friends you have to actually put forth effort. And I know that it's terrifying, even more so with your sickness. But Tyler seems like a really nice guy, from what you've told me. And there's nothing wrong with putting a little distance between you and David. You're overly comfortable with your position of being the sick kid. Just because you're sick that doesn't mean you can't have fun. You know that."

"Yeah...I know."

Mr. Foster continued to give me a more psychological explanation, using big words that I've heard several times before but never bothered to look them up. And we talked about how well my medication was working. How classes were going and school in general. He asked me about how I thought my mom was handling everything – how I was handling it. And it was the same things: I'm fine. School's boring and tedious. Seeing David everyday is torture. I'm having less thoughts about wanting to die, but yes I'm still depressed from time to time. Nothing else of significant importance. Bla, bla, bla.

I had said my piece and I was so over this therapy visit. And some where in the last ten minutes of our talk I had shut my brain down. My answers were short and to the point. An almost complete one eighty from earlier. It was like I was blocking out David when he went into the details of his latest lady friend. And finally, after a drawled out process, it was over.

Upon opening Mr. Foster's door to exit the room, I was greeted by Tyler.

"Emiry!"

I turned to look at him. He ran up to me and stopped just short of giving me a hug. And then he kind of awkwardly shuffled his feet and became embarrassed, scratching the back of his neck.

"Tyler. I ... I um, I didn't know that you were waiting on me."

He laughed that ridiculously amazing laugh and smiled at me, "Well, I just kind of ran into you and I didn't get to talk to you much, with the whole session thing."

"Yeah..." I replied back. Anxiety was starting to run through me, because god I'm terrible at socializing. And he's really close to me. And he smells like cinnamon. Why does he smell like cinnamon? Why is it so comforting? Why is he even talking to me? He's literally too perfect of a person to talk to me.

"So...Why are you here?" I blinked. "I mean, other than the obvious therapy session."

"I'm sick."

Tyler raised a brow, "Sick? Shouldn't you see a doctor for that?"

I rolled my eyes, "Ha ha." Tyler smiled a little. Probably because I didn't make a big deal of him poking fun at me. But it really didn't bother me. I've been through worse. Dealt with ignorant people that were actually just mean, and Tyler wasn't trying to be mean about it so it was fine. "But yeah, I'm sick. This is just my weekly 'congratulations you're still alive' session."

Tyler laughed. "You seem to be doing just fine to me."

I blushed softly under his gaze and looked down at the floor. "Yeah well ... I'm trying. So what about you?"

"My dad." Tyler said. He didn't say more than that and I didn't push it. "Um, anyways ... I don't know if you drove here or someone else did but I was wondering if you, um, if you wanted to go get something to eat? I know it's kind of weird but, I just wanted to get to know you some more and then I just ran into you. I don't know. It kind of seemed like fate. So I decided to wait around and see if you wanted to hang out."

I couldn't see Tyler's face. I was too busy looking at the floor and trying to will my cheeks to not turn bright red. I was definitely reading way too much into this. Because to my ears, that sounded like a date. But it totally wasn't. He wanted to hang out. What did that even mean? Where would we even go? He said something about food and I was actually extremely hungry now that I thought about it. And this was my chance. Handed to me on a shiny silver platter. Yet, every muscle in my body wanted to run away and make up an excuse.

"U-um..." Please let me melt into the floor.

"Emiry, you all done?" Oh thank god. It was my mom. She had gotten up from her spot in the waiting room and walked over. She smiled down at me and then looked over towards Tyler. "Who's this?"

I managed to make eye contact with Tyler and breathed out when he wasn't exactly looking at me, but now looking at my mom. "Mom, this is Tyler. Our neighbor's nephew."

"Oh! Hello, it's nice to meet you. I'm Alice, and I guess you've met my son." She laughed offering him a hand shake. He took it and smiled brightly at my mom.

"Hello, I would like to thank you for the cookies. They were amazing!" He said.

Mom laughed, "Well thank you! Oh, sweetie, we need to get going. The hospital just called and they said they need me to come in. One of the other nurses needs a cover. And here I was, hoping for a day off!" Mom pouted a little and I snickered.

I was happy about were this was going. Until Tyler opened his mouth again. "Oh, ma'am, if you wouldn't mind, I was asking Emiry if he wanted to get something to eat. Would it be okay if I took him off of your hands?"

And of course mom beamed at this. I internally groaned.

"Of course I wouldn't mind. I'm so glad that Emiry is making new friends! I promise I won't be out too late, okay sweetie?" Mom kissed my cheek and squeezed me tightly before walking towards the exit.

Ah, betrayed by my own mother.

Oh well, I guess this is for the best. If I had the chance I would have left Tyler as soon as possible, defeating the whole purpose of my entire conversation I just had with Mr. Foster. And I can always tell myself I'm doing it for my mom. I know she worries about me. And I know she wants me to at least try to make new friends, so I will do this. For her sake. Not to satisfy my annoying curiosity about Tyler. Nope. Not actually looking forward to this at all. In a totally hypothetical, non-hypocritical way.

I sighed and looked back at Tyler, "So ... where are we going?"

He smiled at me and I'm going to blame anxiety for the way my heart fluttered a little. "Anywhere you want."

I followed him to his car and got in the passengers seat. I looked out the window and thought about what I was hungry for while Tyler turned on the car. He lowered the AC and an french pop track started playing from where it left off. I nodded my head along for a second before a place popped into my mind.

"Can we go to Pei Wei?" I asked.

"Sounds great. But you'll have to direct me, I barely made it here." Tyler laughed.

I laughed a little too, "Why didn't your Aunt come with you?"

"Are you kidding? She would make the biggest fuss at me. She thinks that my driving sucks and she totally would freak out if I stopped like two inches in front of a stop sign. Plus she's going on some date."

"A date at three in the afternoon?"

Tyler gripped the searing wheel a little tighter, "I know right! I get it, it's like a lunch date or whatever. And maybe I should just leave it and be happy that it's an afternoon date. But the guy just seems so shady."

"Wow, you're very protective of your Aunt." I said looking at him now.

He glanced at me and pressed his lips together tightly, "Yeah, well I kind of have a ... issue with older men." I thought about that for a little bit. His father just died and I would think that he was really broken up about that with the way he completely avoided the topic earlier. And maybe, I just thought that he wasn't ready for another 'fatherly' type figure since he was now living with his aunt. But maybe it was something about the way his eyes glossed over, like he wasn't really thinking about this shady guy his aunt was seeing."Sorry. I brought the mood down."

"You're fine." I said softly. "Not everything is all sunshine and rainbows all the time."

Tyler's lips twitched into a smile. "Yeah. So where exactly, am I going?"

Somehow, we made it to Pei Wei. It took a lot of wrong turns and a lot of frustration before Tyler finally just handed me his phone and told me to put in the address. And then he laughed at me trying to work his Galaxy S6. Eventually, we pulled over and found how to get there.

I huffed as we walked threw the doors of Pei Wei. "I swear, I've never had this much trouble trying to find this place!"

Tyler laughed, "Welcome to the wonders of trying to drive and get directions at the same time."

"It's terrible. I never want to drive." I mumbled.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that for now. Let's eat! Oh, um ... would you like for me to order for you?" I looked wide eyed at him and blushed. I didn't trust my voice at the moment, so I just nodded my head. "What do you want?" I pointed at the Dan Dan noodles and Tyler nodded before ordering.

My heart was doing weird things again. And it was extremely weird because it never did this when David ordered for me. And I found myself thinking about how kind and considerate Tyler was again. And how he so smoothly ordered and payed for everything. And then we were sitting down and I was still blushing, staring down at my water. Playing with the straw instead of actually drinking it.

"U-um..." I started. I could feel Tyler's insanely green eyes on me and I blushed further. "T-thanks for ordering. How ... uh ... how did you know? I-I mean I was going to ask, but..." And I'm stuttering again. This is great.

"Oh well, I just figured since the first time I saw you. You know, David ordering for both of you. You just took a seat like it was all you've ever done, so I just thought that you didn't really like talking to other people or it was a best friend thing. I guess it was kind of both, but you don't actually talk to anyone but David, and that comment about making more friends from your mom. And yeah. I just guessed." Tyler shrugged.

Our food arrived and I immediately took the opportunity to breath. Because oh my god, does he remember everything? I took my chopsticks and started mixing everything. I looked up at Tyler's food and thought that it looked good. And then I ate my noddles.

"Is it good?" Tyler asked.

I nodded my head, mouth full of noddles.

"You try some of mine, I try some of yours?" He asked. I looked up at him and thought about it.

"Sure, why not." I went to grab some of his food when he held up a piece of beef in his chopsticks. I stared at it and then glanced up at him."Are you serious?"

He grinned, "Very."

I rolled my eyes and blushed softly. I opened my mouth and tried not to make eye contact. The beef was delicious and I did a little happy dance in my seat and looked up at Tyler. He seemed satisfied with that and grabbed a few noddles from my plate with his chopsticks and tasted it. He nodded his head at the taste.

"So, you've had my best friend flirt with you, you met my mom, we've gone through the difficulties of driving, ordered food for me and payed, and I'm pretty sure we just swapped saliva to some degree. I'd said we've gotten to know each other quite well for only speaking to each other like two times – not including today." I said casually.

"And I think that's the longest I've ever hear you talk." Tyler smirked.

I took this as a challenge. "Tell me about yourself."

"You want the happy version or the real version?"

My eyebrow quirked up, "Real."

He smiled, "Well, not much to say. I lived with my father up until now, but I was always really close to my aunt. She's great. I could always talk to her about stuff. Not everything, but you know. My dad died about a month ago and it's just been taking forever moving all my stuff and trying to figure out what to do with all of the stuff in my old house. And the millions of papers that come with my aunt taking custody. But I guess I've been handling it. I'm normally not this talkative, trust me. Uh, lets see ... I like the colors amethyst, jade, and black. I love cartoons, like seriously. I almost cried when they announced that Gravity Falls ended at season two. And I will forever watch the old version of Tom and Jerry. My favorite movie currently is still Big Hero 6 – I refuse to believe that Tadashi is dead. I like foreign music. My favorite time of the year is spring. I don't like liars. I prefer coffee over tea and, I don't know. I guess I've always been a fast learner. That's all I can think of right now." Tyler laughed a little at the end.

I smiled at him. "My turn! Do you want the medicated version or the real version?"

"Real." Tyler smiled.

"My story is a little ... longer I guess." I sighed out. I looked up at him shyly and he just smiled back at me.

"Hey, that's cool."

"Well, lets get the sad things out of the way. I told you I was sick. It's some type of anemia. There are over 400 types of anemia and they all vary. My type basically renders me useless of physical activities. Or things that put great stress on my body. And I get headaches all the time. Like, all the time. Seriously, I'm surprised I don't have one right now. But anyways, anemia is usually passed down through family members. My dad had it, but again 400 different types. His was different than mine and he died from cancer when I was young. My mom's a nurse so she was extremely upset when he died. I think she felt guilty or something. Like she didn't take care of him enough. But she's taken every caution with me, without keeping me in a bubble. Like she allows me to go out and make friends but I kind of, just stay home." I stopped for a moment and glanced up at Tyler. He was listening intently and I continued my story.

"Anyways, if you haven't guessed by now, David is my best and only friend. I know him like the back of my hand. But we're two years apart, so he'll be leaving me for college in the near future and that's actually very terrifying ... I need to plan my survival later. Um, my favorite colors are red and purple – just plain non-fancy purple. And since you like cartoons you need to watch We Bare Bears. It's the cutest show ever, okay. Everyone needs to watch it. And I like Steven Universe too. I like paperback books. If we are really going to be friends, I'm going to have to get you to listen to The Neighborhood, The 1975, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, and Melanie Martinez. My favorite time of year is fall. I prefer tea. I have three tiny cactus plants at home. Their names are Ciel, Haru, and Kuroko. And I really like doing origami." I finished.

"How old are you?" Tyler asked.

"Fourteen and a half."

"Sixteen... and a half."

"It's weird, right? Talking to an underclassmen." I asked.

Tyler shook his head. "Not really. But you being a lot better than the rest of your graduating class helps too."

I snorted, "And how am I better?"

"Well you're a lot more mature than other fourteen-year-olds."

"And a half." I added.

He smiled, "And a half." I bit my lip to try and stop the smile on my lips. This was way less scary than I thought it was going to be. Not that I thought that talking to Tyler would be scary.

But it was weird. I know I basically give the same speech to everyone about my sickness and my dad's death. And everyone pitted me. And most people stopped trying to talk to me after that. But Tyler was different. He didn't pity me, he just accepted it. And he didn't give me fake concern because he could tell I was fine. I wasn't grieving or anything over a man I barely knew. But he just lost his father and he seemed to be really calm about his situation. But I knew the bare minimum of his situation and I wasn't going to push it. I barely wanted to talk to him an hour ago. Of course I'm not going to push him. But Tyler still seemed interested in every single thing I said.

He was way too perfect.

And that attracted me. Deep down, I actually wanted to get to know him more. I actually wanted to be here and sit across from him and talk. I was talking to him so easily, it was like he was ... well David. Literally, the only other person I talk to outside of my family. I don't even speak to his parents that often. They probably think I'm mute or something. And this felt so good. Because look at me go! I'm talking to an actual person that's not David. And I'm enjoying it! And I've also realized just how sad this is, but I don't care. I'm making progress.

We sat there for a while more before Tyler decided that we should probably leave because it was starting to get late. Surprisingly, he knew how to get home without much trouble and then we were pulling up at my door. I looked at my house from out the window and sighed a little. I kind of didn't want to go home. But I didn't want to bother Tyler anymore than necessary.

I looked back at Tyler and smiled, "Thanks. I actually had fun."

Tyler grinned, "Of course you did! I took you out."

"Hmm, okay then." I replied my cheeks feeling a little warm.

"Do you not believe in my amazing hang out skills?" Tyler asked.

I shrugged, "Eh, you have to live up to David standers and then maybe I'll consider you fun."

Tyler laughed, "So I'll pick you up next week?"

There was a hopefulness in his voice and a warm pulse went through my body. Well then. That definitely made this feel like a date. And now my cheeks were definitely red, and I couldn't maintain eye contact at this point. I swallowed and I knew my hands were trying to fiddle with something so I just nodded my head.

"Y-Yeah... sure."

Tyler looked away from me and back at the road, I glanced up at him. "Cool... cool."

He also looked rather embarrassed, and I felt a little bit better knowing that I wasn't the only one. I fidgeted in my seat for a second before I finally clicked the seat belt out of place and opened the door. "Bye Tyler, and thanks really."

Tyler shrugged, "It was purely for selfish reasons." He smiled at me, a full blinding smile. "Bye Emiry."

I closed the car door and headed into my house. I quickly went in and fast walked to my bed room, carefully taking the stairs two at a time. I opened the window in my room and climbed onto the roof, a little winded, but perfectly fine. I watched as Tyler backed up into his aunt's drive way and parked and then headed into his house. I knew this probably looked weird. It felt weird. But I wanted to make sure this tiny warm feeling wasn't just extra body heat.

I stayed out on the roof for a little bit before I crawled back inside.

I sighed and changed out of my clothes into an over sized t-shirt and some sweat pants. My phone buzzed and I saw a text from David. I grabbed my phone and quickly got under the covers of my bed.

David: Hi

Emiry: Hello

David: How was therapy today?

Emiry: For once, helpful.

David: Really? What did you learn?

I bit my lip. What was I supposed to say to that? I couldn't just say,'Oh I learned that I can have more than one friend! And I went on a not date with Tyler because he was there too - you know for therapy and all. And I get this really weird warm feeling around him because he's nice and attractive and oh by the way, if you haven't already figured it out, this was a life changing discovery for me because I'm in love with you and trying to talk to anyone else has become like a thing that I just don't do. Also I'm gay. But you probably figured that out.' Yeah, that was a no go.

Emiry: That there's a lot more to friends than I thought.

David: ??? And that means?

Emiry: You're an idiot.

David: You're so mean to me! You some kind of sadist?

I rolled my eyes.

Emiry: Obviously.

David: Ah, I should have known...

Emiry: Some best friend you are.

David: Don't you dare try to revoke my best friend card! You're mine!

My heart stuttered a little. I knew he didn't mean that in the way I wanted him to mean it, but it was close enough. And it really did make my whole world stop for a second. I blinked at the screen for a moment before swallowing and typing back a response.

Emiry: Then you're mine as well?

I waited for a response, my heart pounding out of my chest. I've never been this close to actually confessing my feelings. Too many new things were happening today. I blame Tyler. Before he moved in next door, I was fine. David didn't look at me like he does now. And I was better at hiding my feelings. My phone buzzed.

David: Yeah, I guess so.

I took a screenshot.

A/N: This is also known as the dialog chapter. Lol. But ayways, I hope you guys are enjoying this! I'm quite happy about the length of these chapters and I hope you guys are enjoying the characters! The song for this chapter is Take ft. CYN by Khai and I feel like this song just gives a really good kind of outline for Emiry's feelings in the present/future. The first verse targeted more towards his feelings for David, and the second being more towards Tyler. But it's a really good song and you should listen to it and love it!! ^-^ And thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 14.5K 17
Two childhood best friends. One accidental kiss. A summer that changes everything. *** Felipe Rivera has a problem. Several problems, really; as if...
65.3K 1K 31
See what a boy's decision will be when he faced his problem about his Sexual Orientation. Description inside! :) Cover by @semperfidelis_ Thank you...
4.1K 76 26
[Warning.May contain] Bad language (Doesn't really appear a lot) A boyxboy love story. This story goes about the life of a Filipino boy named Blake R...
53.8K 1.7K 72
Sebastian has been through a lot after realizing that he was gay. His parents took it in stride but his school and town were less than friendly about...